Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blessed by Chaos (Razgriz x Degusaurusrex)

"Such an angry man." Musing as she laid in bed, Eris tried to decide if she wanted to get more sleep, or peek at him some more. Part of her wanted to give him the space to cool down, while the other part wanted to tease him more. Maybe she could give him just a little time before going back, enough time for him to think on the quick kiss she'd bestowed on him. When was the last time she'd even kissed a mortal?

Besides, there was still the matter of what he was thinking after finding her little 'gift' that she'd left. After all, what man got upset about something like that? With her curiosity growing quickly, she groaned and rolled over. How had she become so invested in one man, even if it was one who brought her great joy with his bloodshed? It was no wonder her sisters disapproved of it. However, she was very much a grown woman, and could make her own choices.

"Oh, fuck it." It was impossible to keep away, to wonder just what reaction she'd caused. Rolling over onto her side, she waved a hand in the air absently. Just a little peek, just a little one. It couldn't possibly do any harm, right? Just a quick one, and she'd leave him be for the day. Maybe. Probably.

"Oh, well hello." The sound of water filled the room, trickling down the hard body she'd pressed against several times now. "Hello, indeed." Lips curving into a smirk, she watched the growing arousal as his large hand wrapped around it. "Oh, sweet thing, just what are you thinking about?"

Shawn continued to stroke his manhood, letting it reach full mast in his grip; and it was quite the size too. One that few mortals had but many claimed to; at eleven inches in length and nearly three inches thick it would give almost any woman a decently stuffed feel. And with how hard he was stroking it now, whatever was fueling his erotic thoughts must be very sensual indeed.

At first it was just nothing particular, Shawn's head thrown back in ecstasy and mouth agape as the bits of pleasure began to run through his body, that euphoric feeling tingling in his meatball-sized orbs and spreading through the throbbing length. The water helped serve as lubricant, along with the copious pre that began to leak from the tip, the water falling masking the otherwise lewd squelching sounds that would echo in the mass-constructed cookie-cutter bathroom.

But then things turned up a notch as his mind wandered towards a familiar dusky-skinned goddess, especially how their first encounter in the shower played out. His fantasy had it playing out several steps forward, those lissome legs coming to wrap about his waist, mashing her body against his as he slid inside her, her tight sex slick and hot around his manhood as he rutted into her like a beast possessed. Her nails scratching at his back as she held him close, her back against the tile wall and those ample breasts mashed to his hard chest as her hips gyrated in tandem with his thrusts, pushing him closer and closer to climax.

No doubt Eris herself would be having a field day if she knew these sinful thoughts that wracked his lust-addled state of mind; and as the session continued, his cock pulsed harder and harder, the fantasy fucking getting faster and faster. And soon came his release: Just as in his mind he would fill her, legs squeezing him tight to keep him inside her, spurts of thick virile seed shot out with force. Each throb sending a sizable glob of cum shooting forward, splattering against the wall with force; again and again the meaty tool fired, and by the end of it he had unloaded an inhuman amount, a sizable sticky splotch on the opposite wall of the shower as he came down from his high

It was a pleasurable tingling, the familiar heady sensation of the endorphin rush peaking at climax and falling off to leave him satisfied...Even if he was still hard as stone in his grip, the pace of his masturbation slowing down from the rapid pace he had been at. He allowed the hard rod freedom from the death grip, breathing a little heavily as he then whispered, "Seriously....Of all people....Why her....Freaking just met her...."

"Seriously, how is this guy human?" Raking a hand through her hair with a huff, Eris shook her head. How did a fucking human have such.. Sizable proportions, especially between his legs? Granted, it had been a long, long time since she'd slept with one, so there was no telling how things had changed over the centuries. Still, such a perfect body was a delight to watch in ecstasy.

"Oh, and you're enjoy yourself, aren't you?" Thoroughly pleased with the show he was putting on, her tongue darted out to swipe over her lower lip as she grinned. Whatever he was thinking of seemed to be mind blowing, almost literally at that point? Now, if leaving her panties had caused such a reaction.. Or even being pressed all over him, no bra and no pants.. Either way, it would stroke her ego finely.

"Oh." Her eyebrows shot up, mouth wide open at the mess that decorated the shower wall. "That's.. A lot. Wow." Much more than she'd expected, or even seen. Did Gods even make messes like that? "Holy shit, dude? You're--" Pausing as she heard him speak quietly, she tuned in before her face brightened up considerably. "Oh, that is just precious. Are you thinking of me, dear boy?" Waving away the images, she was out of the bed in an instant and conjuring up a cloud of black mist.

"Oh, I bet you'll be more than happy to see me." Her ass hit the bed as she let out a discontent grunt, wasting no time in sprawling back out as comfortably as she could. She'd been half tempted to just walk into the shower with him, but even that seemed like a little much. That, and walking straight into a mess was more trouble than it was currently worth. "Were you thinking about me in there, sweet thing?"

Shawn spent a few minutes trying to calm down; this was an issue he'd had also. Once was never enough, he always had to use the cold water if he wanted a 'one and done' type deal. Maybe it was his training, maybe it was just genetics. Who knew; all he did know was that there was no such title of a 'one-pump chump' when it came to his stamina. Even if he never solicited girls for that sort of thing, if only to make sure he never left anything damning behind.

And lucky for him, this fountain seemed to be a flexible shower head; as such, he took his time washing his 'evidence' down the drain; he would need some bleach too, just to be extra cautious. And once he was sure that he was sufficiently cleaned off, he turned the water to ice-cold and gasped as it shocked him, his hard-on wilting almost instantly.

Needless to say, he definitely felt better, a towel coming to dry away the last of his wetness before he wrapped a towel around his waist...Or at least he did until he came back and yelped as that same damn goddess was sitting in his bed again! Laid out like a centerfold in Playboy, shamelessly showing off everything as she commented about thinking of her in there.

"What the absolute fuck is your deal?" he growled; going to grab for his clothes, he then gave her one last look and muttered under his breath, "Fucking trying to get me riled..." before closing the door, starting to redress in a black T-shirt and another set of fatigues, these ones desert-printed.

"Oh, that was such an adorable noise." Cooing at him at the sudden fright, she only grinned wider at the vulgar language. "I know you like the way I look so why are you complaining? Isn't that what you just got off to, hm?" Pouting as he disappeared to get dressed, she stretched out on her back and drew a knee up. If he wanted to act like she was such an annoyance, then she was going to be one. If he really wanted to yell at her for a panty shot, then he could kiss her perfectly toned ass.

"Oh, don't be like that baby!" Shit, she didn't even know his name. "What kind of man runs away from a half naked woman on their bed? You're such a spoilsport, you know that?" Continuing to pout, she tucked her hands behind her head and huffed. "What, the girls at the strip club really have better tits than me? You seemed to like mine plenty when I was in the shower with you before." Why the hell did she care what he thought about her body?

Shawn heard her complaints and calling out to him from running away from a half-naked woman and stifled a slew of curses; he really didn't have time for this shit. Yes, he did like the way she looked...And that was the issue. She was a distraction; granted he needed one from time to time, but having her coming around whenever she liked was throwing him off.

Plus it didn't help that she teased him; what was her deal? He thought she was a chaos goddess. Causing riots, looting, general public madness, that sort of shit. Why was she wasting her time trying to get under his skin?

Coming out fully dressed, he then approached her, keeping his steely-blue eyes focused on the emerald irises of hers, "You want to know the answer? You're a fucking distraction, that's why I run. Yeah, you look good, REALLY good, okay? You could sell a magazine of just you in stuff like this and probably put the other nude mags out of business! And that's the freaking problem! That and you constantly barging in here!"

And it was here he grabbed the remote and turned the channel, the box having been left on for some soap opera, going to the news that happened to still be covering both the warehouse massacre and the public execution of Philip Phalton.

"Authorities say they still have no leads on the shooter in either case."

He then pointed at the screen, "You see how they don't know where I'm at, or even who I am? That's because I make damn sure that wherever I go, I'm just another face in the crowd. No one expects anybody to turn into a vigilante and start dropping bodies that need to be dropped. And you, are making this a lot harder on me than it needs to be. And the last thing I need to is think I'm being raided by cops or the feds when it's just some tease-happy goddess getting a laugh at my expense." Coming to stand by the side of the bed, still looking her dead in the eyes, he then spelled it out as clearly as he could:

"If you really like what I do, and really want to 'feed on the chaos' or whatever...Then you'll do me a huge favor, and get the fuck out of my room. And never bother me again."

"Well I'm glad you like the way I look. I rather like it myself most of the time. Although, just occasionally, there's something fun about possessing a different body just to look different." Granted, she hadn't done it in awhile, but it had proved worthwhile most days. Causing couples to fight, flashing people in the middle of the day.. The possibilities were endless. The randomly picked bar fights had been some of her favorites. Just possess the body, throw a couple of punches, and slip back out before you feel the returning blows. So much anger, so much blood.

Turning her attention towards the television with a bored expression, she quickly perked up at the mention of shooting. He was being so uptight about everything that it was almost annoying. Not quite, but getting close. Her lips twitched at his phrasing, and she sat up as he neared the bed.

"You are just so, so angry." Grabbing a handful of his shirt, Eris tugged him down so that her lips rested next to his ear. "I absolutely love what you do. But if you think I'm going to stop visiting just because you want me to," Her lips brushed over the skin, teeth nibbling before she pulled back. "Especially after that show you just gave me, you're going to be sorely disappointed." Her hands dropped as she tipped back onto the bed, waving goodbye as she let the mattress swallow her up in a quick flash of black.

"That man needs to just get laid, already." Not that it hadn't crossed her mind. "I hear you out there pacing in the hallway! Go away and let me sleep, Keres, we can talk later." Flopping down onto her bed with a groan, Eris buried her face in the pillow. She was exhausted after all of the strange sleeping patterns the last few days, and even her curiosity only fueled her for so long. She could peek in on him later.. After a nap.

Maybe it just came with being a goddess, but Shawn was starting to find her arrogance grating. He knew he probably didn't help it by basically admitting she was hot...But since she seemed to spy on him and caught him in his moment of weakness, he figured just get it out of the way. He didn't have time to beat around the bush; if he wanted to get this done and out of her hair, he figured just admitting would make her grow bored and leave.

Unfortunately, it seemed to even embolden her, much less deter her from him. He gave a slight surprise as she pulled him down, his hands braced on either side of her as she whispered in his ear. The chilling tone of her voice sending tremors through him, his lips in a tight grimace as she mentioned the show she gave him; feh, more like the one she gave herself.

He would then stand up as she let go, hands clenched as she vanished once more. "Fucking bitch..." he muttered, running a hand through his hair as he fell back on the bed. He did notice a faint scent of perfume-like smell; was it her? Great...Like she hadn't reminded him enough of who she was. He needed to take a few minutes; this whole business had him rattled.

An hour or so later, he would be out in his Jeep driving around town. Marcus was a bust, so now it was time to find Terry or Jerome. Maybe one of them would have information; he wouldn't attack now, there was too many people out. But if he could just get a sense of where they went, he could find out how to get them alone.

He would find one of them hanging out by a car wash off Paradise Canyon Road; it was fairly easy to tell which one was his. The other cars were nice, but these ones stuck out like sore thumbs to him: Gold-rimmed license plates, blacked-out windows, and it even had those ridiculous spinning rims. That was the one he would track. And for the next several hours, that was what he would do. If Eris was expecting this to be full-on balls-to-the-wall action, this was bound to be the most boring sight ever. Which did cross his mind, and made a smile cross his face as he thought it was payback time.

"Well, at least she's finally sleeping." Walking around with a cup of coffee in hand, one of the Ker let out a loud yawn. "As exciting as watching all of that was, even gods and goddesses need to sleep sometimes. That idiot needs to calm down on peeking at this guy. It's not going to kill her if she misses a kill or too. Good grief." Her two sisters nodded in agreement as she joined them at the long table, Thanatos appearing in the doorway with an equally loud yawn.

"Oh, good, there's coffee. Is our dear sister finally sleeping?" The triplets nodded in unison, one of their heads hitting the table with a groan. "That bad, huh? What does mother think of it?"

"She's staying out of it. Eris is a big girl, old enough that she can take care of herself." Thanatos nodded in agreement to her words, pouring a cup of coffee before leaving the room. Eventually, something needed to be done about their meddling sister, if only for her own good.

~~~~

"Oof, what time is it?" Pulling the sheets back with a groan, Eris stared blearily around the room. "How long did I sleep for?"

"Most of the day, it's getting dark. I was just about to wake you up." Nyx stood in the doorway, looking very unamused as Eris slowly sat up. "You need to calm down on following this mortal around. Don't give him an opportunity to sniff out any of your weaknesses." Sliding from the bed, Eris stretched out and headed towards the closet.

"Oh, fuck off." Her mother's eyebrows went up slowly, a scoff leaving her mouth before she left the room with her usual clicking of heels. Pulling out a pair of jeans and a plain black T-shirt, Eris changed her clothes before flopping back down on the bed. "Let's see what you're up to now.."

Shawn spent his waking hours tracking this one man, following him wherever he went; the man seemed to stick to the more public places during the day, but a few times he would meet with other Crips at bars. Normally he found that gangsters hung out at one place most of the day, but this guy was all over the place.

He had to be a runner boy, someone who got things for people that they needed. Shawn was sure this time; the guy knew where he was headed, and knew where Antoine was at. But how to get him alone...He had another idea; there was another named Terry he was with. Or was it Tyrell? He didn't really care about the name so much as the individual...But then, that might be too risky. Whatever he was going to do, he needed to be quick and careful...Which meant waiting until nightfall.

=========================================================================================================================

Jerome walked out of the club he'd been to last night; the girl named Sugar hadn't seen where Marcus went, and even went so far as to call his friend a 'short fuse'. And Marcus' cell phone kept going to voice mail. Now, Marcus was always a bit slow on the uptake when it came to answering messages, the guy just didn't like cell phones. But he always called back, always. And to be honest, he was worried about the guy.

Jerome then dialed him up one more time, hearing the phone ring and ring before the voicemail message played: "'Marcus' is currently unavailable. Please leave your message after the tone. *BOOP* "

"Marcus, it's Jerome. Antoine's getting pissed; the meet's soon and he wants all the boys there in case that cracker tries anything. I can only tell him 'I don't know' so many times before he starts getting violent and you know how he gets, why you doing me like this?" Jerome said, letting out a sigh and finishing with "Look man, just call me back when you get this." Hanging up, he then started to walk down the street back towards his car, passing an alley where he paused and turned into, going a bit of the way into it; man, he needed a smoke more than anything right now.

However, right as he went to light up, covering the end with his hand to stop the mild wind from blowing out his lighter, he felt a gloved hand over his mouth and an arm around his neck. His eyes went wide as he struggled, feeling the clothed limb wrap around his throat and squeezing hard. And it was less than 10 seconds later that he felt his consciousness fade, the last sensation him being picked up before blacking out completely.

"Ugh, you are so boring sometimes, killer." Laying on her stomach with her legs kicking slowly behind her, Eris stared at the dark sky her human was walking down. Just what in the hell was he doing, just walking around looking? So much for having a plan like he'd bragged about. A bit worried he was going to disappoint her, she watched in boredom as the door to her room swung open.

"Are we watching death again tonight, or is he being boring?" Another cup of coffee in hand, one of the triplets took a seat beside her. "It looks pretty boring to me right now, but I guess I'll stay and watch for a bit. He's come through most of the time. What the hell's his name, anyway?" Eris shrugged, too busy watching.

"No idea. I just keep calling him killer. He didn't much like being called murderer, but murder is murder. It's not my fault the humans think it's different just because of who they kill. If they think wars now are something, they should have been back in Greece with us." The Ker snickered, nodding her head as she sipped her coffee.

"I miss those days. Battlefields soaked with blood, carts full of the dead as their brethren took them away in the aftermath. Maybe someday their realm will return to such chaos and death. It would feed us greatly." She straightened up, letting out a hiss between her teeth. "Fuckin' finally. I came to bug you at just the right time." Eris snapped her fingers at her sister's words, pulling in the images closer as she spotted the gangster quickly going unconscious.

"Good. I wonder how bad he'll fuck him up this time. Although.." Eris grinned with a devious sparkle in her eye. "Oh, I think I have a beautiful trick that I'm going to play on him. Sister, do you want to visit the realm with me? It's been some time since I possessed a human body.."

Jerome awoke with a sputter, his eyes wide as he breathed heavily, looking around to find himself chained up and on the floor.

"Good, you're finally awake, Jerome." then said a voice, looking up to see a man with a scarf over his mouth and nose. His body was covered up in a hoodie and baggy pants, thick leather gloves on his as Jerome would only see the blue of his eyes looking back at him. "Who the fuck....What the fuck man, let me go!" Jerome shouted, struggling to undo the chains; however, the man holding him captive sighing and replying, "Sorry, no can do...At least not yet. You have information I want...Information I need. So here's how this is going to work."

Just then the man grabbed another length of chain and started to pull; soon, Jerome felt himself being dragged and dragged until he would be hanging upside down, everything inverted as the man then stood up and approached him. "You tell me what I want to know...Or you'll get worse than your friend Marcus." Reaching into a duffle back next to him, he pulled a baseball bat. "I didn't get to use this last time..." Without warning Jerome would then feel a rag stuffed into his mouth, and a sharp pain in his side as the bat connected. Muffled screams of agony rang out as the bat struck him once...Twice...Three times, then four.

"That was just to show I'm not fucking around." he would say, pulling the rag out of Jerome's mouth and throwing it on the floor. "Antoine Johnson...You know him, yes? I know you've been talking to him; you see, I need to talk to him too. He knows someone I'm hunting...So be a good little snitch and tell me where I can find him".

Jerome grunted, "Fuck...you...cracker..." Shawn sighed, "Fine...Be difficult." It was here that Shawn then pulled out a bowie knife and started to cut the man's clothes off, Jerome shouting, "Yo, fuck...off....Nasty fuck...fuck...yoU!" And soon he would just be left in his underwear...But then Shawn cut him across his thigh, making Jerome howl in pain as he would say "I can make this as short or as long as I need, punk; you want this over quick, you give me a time and place. And I'll know if you're lying, so let's trying this again..."

*Shlick*

Another cut, this one on his arm, the serrated edge ripping his skin. "Where is he?" Shawn asked, drawing his arm back again.

*Shlick*

A second cut, this one across his other thigh, Shawn stating "Death by a thousand cuts...Not a fun way to go...Give me where, and you'll be let go..."

*Shlick*

Time would only tell how long Jerome could keep holding out.

"Go.. To the mortal realm." Ceramic shattered as the mug hit the floor, red eyes staring in shock. Ker cleared her throat, ignoring the liquid slowly spreading across the floor. Eris paid it no mind either, nodding her head at her sister. "You're serious? It has been awhile since I visited. And I'm already dressed. I do rather like their clothing." Gesturing to her own jeans and T-shirt, she stood from the bed and leaned down to pick up the broken pieces of the mug.

"I do like watching you use mortal bodies. You're so awkward with them when you haven't practiced. It's been a long time, I wonder how many times you'll trip and fall on your face." Snickering to herself, she deposited the pieces in a small trash across the room and nodded again. "Fuck it, let's go. There's already enough blood from that torture, and I'm curious to see how you want to ruin the moment." Eris was already pulling on socks and a pair of sneakers, moving around the scenery to outside of the building.

"Got it." It wasn't a specific address, but it was close enough to street signs and businesses that it was all she needed. "Let's go." Stretching out the growing ripples, she motioned for her sister to step forward first. "We'll just be around the corner, naturally. It's a good thing it's dark, it will be easy to just.. Slip into another body. Hopefully I can at least find someone cute." Her sister had already disappeared through the shadows, leaving Eris to bound after her and into the darkness of the city.

"Wait here." Scanning the streets for a potential victim, she ignored the several men smoking cigarettes, hollering on about conquests and business deals. Using male bodies was always such a hassle. Sweaty, horny, and just overall boring. "Oh, that's perfect." Spotting a pair of heels just barely peeking out of the alley, she slunk along the side of the building and faded into the shadows. She had to admit, the whore put up a decent fight, but in the end Eris was walking out of the alley in the body of the worn down older blonde.

"Oh, I am regretting this. She feels gross." The Ker snorted, bursting out laughing as she was unable to contain her laughter. Eris glared at her through the hazel eyes, fishing around in the small purse over her shoulder for a phone. "Oh, yes, yes, at least the bitch has a phone." Clearing her throat, she pulled it out and punched in the three necessary numbers.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Yes, I'm over by Morrison Street, and I keep hearing this god awful sound. It sounds like someone's being hurt! There's a worn down warehouse not far from here, but I'm too scared to go and look myself! Please send help." Making certain that her voice trembled as she spoke, Eris rolled her eyes as the dispatch mumbled out the area to a radio in the back. With a click of the phone and a careless shrug, Eris disappeared back to the alley before returning in her own body.

"Oh, I feel filthy now. I'm going to have to shower for a week straight to get rid of that feeling."

Shawn, unaware that the goddess that had been giving him problems these past few days was scheming to make things so much worse, continued his torture and information extraction. The victim bled profusely, panting as cuts and bruises covered his body.

"Now then...Let's try this one more time. You know who I want...You know WHAT I want. If you lie to me, I will hurt you. If you stall, I WILL HURT YOU. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" The man in chains tried to turn his head to look at him, but it was clear he was so weak he could barely even move. Once he got what he wanted, it was over for this clown.

"All that bullshit about brotherhood and honor in the Crips. Your 'homies' don't seem too worried about honoring other people, but rarely do you assholes give a shit about common people." Shawn sneered, anger lacing his words. He then removed the gag, the Samoan male trying to recover. "Now then, ass-stain...Tell. Me. Where. They're. Going. I let your friend off easy, but only because they didn't have shit. You do, so SPILL IT!"

By this point, his captive had been broken; he just wanted it be over. He mumbled, trying to form coherent words through his sobbing. "Sorry...Didn't quite catch that" Shawn stated firmly, leaning down closer. "R...Route 50. They're going down Route 50. We were supposed to be ready for them here."

"Cargo?"

"Cocaine and weapons. Crips got a good deal with the Sons; they like our product, man. Nicaraguan uncut."

"How many?"

"I don't know! I was just there to make sure the shipment went off, alright! "

"You're doing good, my plus-sized friend. Just one last question...Where?"

"Little Sahara....The Sons of Silence boss will be there too! Bruce....His name is Bruce...He oversees....every shipment that his gang accepts!"

Shawn smirked, "Well, figures they would pick a desert area to do it. A lot of ground to cover but easy to meet up for an exchange." He then patted his 'friend' on the head before pulling out his suppressed Glock. "Hey..Hey, what the fuck...You said...You said you'd let me go, you fucker!" he choked, recognizing this crazed lunatic was about to kill him. Thankfully for Shawn, the walls were thick enough to where they would muffle the sounds of the shot that was to come.

"Yeah...I did, but I never said alive." Shawn replied coldly, and with one tap between the eyes the gangbanger hung lifeless, blood dripping down his forehead to join the small pool. He threw it and his bat and other tools back into his bag...Only to hear the worst sound of his life. The sound of a door being kicked open, and then a loud "FREEZE!" He could see his own shadow on the wall, the flashlight making the gangster's dead body look even more ominous.

Shawn indeed froze, raising his hands above his head. "What the fuck...Tim, call this in..." he heard one of the men say, the other officer getting on the radio. "Don't you move pal...Keep your hands where I can see them!" the officer shouted; thankfully Shawn had his back turned, but inside he was livid; how the fuck was he found out? He didn't even think to consider the goddess that had been hounding him was the one responsible, instead believing he'd not been careful enough in scoping this place out.

So instead right as the officer would touch his wrist, Shawn reacted: In what seemed like a split-second, he was turned and kicked hard in the back, colliding with some loose shelving, distraction his partner long enough for Shawn to bullrush him and cold-cock him in the face. "Get up, Tim! He's running!" the first officer shouted, Shawn bolting past and headed out the door into the night. Thankfully, he'd stashed his car in a nearby parking lot and only took the tools he needed with him. But now he was on the run, cursing madly as the sounds of sirens filled the air.

Halfway up the block another cruiser would turn the corner, Shawn ducking into a nearby alley and hopping up on a dumpster, climbing over the half-wall and dropping down the other side. Being in an industrial area, there was a few places for him to hide; though he knew the K-9 units would be coming out soon, he needed to get clear of the streets.

"Well then, you probably shouldn't have possessed a prostitute, dear sister. You know how diseases ridden they can get. At this point, I think a man might have been better."

"Why, so I could deal with sweaty balls and a mind full of fantasies about whores? I think not. How long do you think it'll take the cops to get here?" The Ker shrugged, eyeing some of the men down the street as smoke curled up from their cigarettes. "Don't you think about it, they would make you vomit." She pouted at Eris, linking arms with her sister before they started down the street.

"I can hear the sounds of the human's pain. We really are close, aren't we? It's a good thing the other mortals can't hear it, or your fun would be disturbed. You are a devious one, sister. Surely you don't mean for him to be captured, though? Just what are you plotting?" Patting the other on the arm, Eris let out a low chuckle as they walked.

"You'll see. Ah, right on cue." Watching the patrol cars drive on by, she hummed happily under her breath. "I suppose we should move a little faster. You're right, I won't allow him to be captured. I just want to have a little fun, some revenge for the amount of attitude he's been giving me. Seriously, who gets mad about a half naked woman in his bed more than once?" Listening to the disappointed sigh from the Ker, she ignored it as they grew closer to the warehouse.

"FREEZE!"

Listening to the door hit the wall with a loud bang, Eris stood there patiently and listened to the conversation. He wasn't stupid enough to get caught on the spot, so all she needed to do was watch and listen.

"He's running!"

"Ah, of course he is. The natural fight or flight. Dear sister, it's time we part ways. Go on, soak up that energy from the dead idiot in there." Letting go of the other, Eris slid along the sides of the buildings, riding silently through the shadows as she followed along. The sound of screeching tires tore around a corner, yelling over radios as the officers began their chase. "Oh, poor boy, I suppose I shouldn't be too cruel." Now all she had to do was actually find him. He wouldn't be running blindly down the street, but it also seemed unlikely to scale up buildings and be in plain sight there. The alleys seemed more plausible, and as she finally caught the sound of ragged breathing, she stopped.

"Are you in there, sweet thing? Shall I rescue you from certain death?" Ah, there he was. Slipping into the alleyway, she placed her hands on her hips and smiled. "They're awfully close, after all."

Shawn paused for a second to catch his breath, the weight of the bag dragging him down. And while he could ditch it, it had things in there that could link to him as an individual. Nothing like identification, but likely traces of DNA that he might have missed. And besides, he didn't get this far by being careless...Except for tonight, not knowing that it wasn't even his fault that he was caught in the act.

He jumped as he heard a voice next to him, pulling out the gun quickly and seeing Eris standing there, smiling all proudly. "Now is really not the time!" he said angrily, adding "This is the exact shit I was talking about! I never had this problem until you came along!" Of course, he realized the irony; if she was a chaos goddess, then she was living up to her name. Making shit difficult, throwing his careful planning into turmoil.

"I didn't need your help before, and I sure as fuck don't want it now!" Shawn snarled, trying to keep his voice low; however, he then heard several officers on foot approach, ducking into a nearby building and making way for the streets. It was risky as fuck but if he could cross...

Except that didn't happen, as yet another cruiser turned the corner, lights blaring as he continued to run in the opposite direction of his vehicle. He couldn't risk doubling back at this point; he would just have to pray they didn't find his car in the lot a few blocks down. A few tense minutes later, he would be corralled, led into an abandoned multi-plex...And soon, he found himself with his literal back against the wall.

"He went in here!"

"Search floor by floor! He won't get far!"

"Cover the fire escapes!"

Shawn just cursed; one of his codes was not to open fire on law enforcement unless they were a target, and even then he needed solid evidence of corruption or severe wrongdoing. But at the same time, he couldn't get caught. Not yet.

"Oh for--What a stubborn asshole." Now Eris was getting irritated. She was running out of energy, and his running away wasn't helping matters at all. Who denied help when they were on the brink of being arrested, and probably given a death sentence? Apparently him, it seemed. With a shake of her head, she walked calmly down the street, hands tucked into the back pockets of her jeans. If he wanted to be a pain in the ass, then he could suffer the worry for just a little bit longer. Only for a few minutes, though.

"Oh, I guess I should help him now." Muttering under her breath as she slipped into the shadows, Eris followed the sound of shouting and obnoxiously bright lights. Stupid mortals and having to announce themselves while chasing criminals. It only made their jobs harder, and she saw little purpose in their stupid laws. She made it right past several of the officers, the only evidence of her presence the slight wind that whispered across their skin as she passed.

"Now, just where is my little human..Ah, there you are." Oh, he looked tired. With a soft sigh but none of her usual amusement, she slid an arm through his without waiting for a retort. "We're leaving. I've no patience for this." Even if she had been the one to instigate the entire situation. With a quick wave of her hand and a step backwards, she sifted through the different images to return them to his room. She gave a quiet grunt as they landed, and then stumbled to the bed and flopped down.

"No more, no more tonight." Face pressed into the mattress and her words muffled, she managed to kick off her shoes before curling up. "There, you're safe. They won't follow you here."

Shawn was all too ready to face the music, gun drawn; he wouldn't shoot to kill, but he wasn't about to let himself be taken into custody. He had to do this, even if he really didn't want to. He rested against the opposite wall, hearing the police getting closer and closer. They were closing in; it wouldn't be long now before they found the room he was in, and he would have to fight his way out. Nothing different than a mission he'd had done the same overseas, just that he couldn't kill any of them.

He flinched as he felt someone grab his arm, about to wrench his arm free when he felt himself...float. No, that wasn't the right word, it was more like he...disappeared. Literally, he felt like he was completely discombobulated, the entirety of his presence shrouded in darkness even as he hurtled through the aether, being dragged to safety.

And moments later, the cops would come into the room he was in...Only to find it empty. "Clear!" the officer inspecting the room would say, leaving to proceed with the search of the last few rooms.

He fell to the floor with a hard 'thud', groaning as he tried to get his bearings, breathing heavy as his heart pounded from the sensations and his head spun; shakily, he stood up, barely feeling his consciousness as he tried to clear the spinning in his head. Seemed taking a mortal through the Shadow Plane wasn't exactly easy on them, evidenced as his eyes would roll back, not long after passing out on the bed next to her, not hearing a word she said.

===========================================================================================================================

Light filtered in through the window, Shawn snoring ever so gently; an oddity given his grizzled appearance. He laid on his back, the woman at his side sleeping soundly. The first rays struck him, making a pained groan as he clutched his head in minor agony, eyes squinting for a bit before parting. Blinking away the last of the fog from the surprise trip through a realm only divinities should have access to; he then felt someone next to him, his mind slow to process that it was in fact Eris, an arm draped across his chest as she nestled into his side.

"Hey..." he grunted mutedly, starting to wake up as he sat up a bit more, seeing a very familiar environment "....How the hell?" He then took into account his surroundings; he was...back in his hotel room? How? He was...

"Igh..." he muttered, falling back on the bed as he then asked the goddess while staring at the ceiling, "So...Guess I owe you one. But...Why'd you help me? Thought chaos was all about making people miserable...You'd have succeeded if I was imprisoned."

"Don't.. Pass out on the floor." Barely managing to get the words out from her curl atop the bed, Eris felt her own head spinning from the effort of the last few days. She managed to move over as he sprawled out beside her, just barely. Heaving out a shaky breath as she tried to focus on just relaxing, it didn't take her long to fall asleep. It was a fitful sleep, many images flitting back and forth across her tired mind throughout the night. Rolling over several times, she'd finally settled down pressed against the human next to her.

"What?" Her eyes barely cracked open at the sound of his voice, immediately shutting to block out the light of morning. "Yes, we're back in your room." Rolling away from him and onto her other side, she groaned quietly. She was exhausted, by her own mistake of overexerting herself in such a short time. Her head was pounding, stomach churning as she took slow, steady breaths.

"I helped you because I'm the one who almost got you caught. And please, please don't hit me for it, or I might actually throw up on your bed." Pulling the pillow over her head with another groan, she curled tighter into herself with a shiver. "I'm far too tired to deal with the screaming or hitting. Let me wake up first. Please." Using the word please would have normally hurt her pride immensely, but she'd done enough damage to herself she just wanted a moment of peace.

"You did....what?" Shawn groaned; she was lucky he was so out of it, else he might literally smack her. SHE did this to him?! "God damn it...You're lucky I feel like I got hit by a freight..." he started to say, but then he actually started to feel nauseous all of a sudden. Likely the backlash from taking a trip through Eris' domain; it was rather hard on a human body, little did either of them know.

He did his best to keep it choked down, barely making it to the bathroom before sounds of retching could be heard, Shawn allowing his body to purge itself. Thankfully the fit didn't last too long, but he would be hunched over, praying to the porcelain altar as if he'd downed three bottles of Everclear in one go. His breathing ragged, he would then flush and shakily stand up, going to wash his face.

And despite him wanting to let his rage make his throat raw from yelling...He was just so damn exhausted. Taking off his shirt, he wiped the water from his face, looking in the mirror at himself. He looked as bad as he felt, hands gripping the edge of the sink as he tried to steady himself. And soon Eris would hear the human return to bed, curling up facing away from her as he laid back down to rest for a bit. "You're so lucky I'm not in the mood for shouting either..." Shawn grumbled, laying his head on the pillow. He needed at least another hour to recuperate...He'd like to have more, but unfortunately he still had a drug deal to bust, and he needed to check his notes, make sure he had the information he needed.

"Yeah, well, I don't generally portal humans around places." That had been her biggest mistake. Constant shadow walking, conjuring images and portals could have been dealt with easily. But taking another living being with her had been her downfall. She barely twitched as he bolted, drowning out the sounds of vomiting with the pillow over her head. There was nothing she could do, not when she was on the verge of doing it herself.

"I'm sorry." Mumbling the words as he returned to the bed, she lifted the pillow from her head. Sounding incredibly groggy, she managed to stumble from the bed and towards the bathroom. "If it makes you feel any better, I'm not feeling too hot either. In fact, I'm fucking freezing." When was the last time that she'd been so damn cold? She couldn't have possibly used up that much power, could she? Clothes were left carelessly on the floor as she managed to work her way into the room, the showering starting up with a quick hiss of the water.

"Fuck, that's cold!" Cursing to herself as she turned it up to the maximum heat, she stepped under the flow of water. Even as the steam began to rise and fill the room, it wasn't hot enough for her. She was still freezing, her stomach still flipping about as she stood under the heat. Even after several minutes passed and the room was hard to see through, it wasn't enough. With a growl of aggravation, she spun the handles to shut off the water and stepped out.

A towel to her hair as she walked slowly back out, she dried it to the best of her ability before dropping the towel and flopping down still nude. Pawing blindly for the blankets, her hand landed on Shawn at last. He was warm, warm enough that it called to her. Biting back her pride as she groped around for his hand, she pulled it towards her.

"I'm freezing. I'm exhausted, and I'm fucking freezing. Please get over here and hold me. I swear, I'm not going to try and grab your cock. I just want to be warm."

Shawn missed her mumbled apology, still feeling absolute ass after the shit she pulled to get his ass out of hot water. "Far as I can tell, you fucking deserve it..." the human grunted painfully, his head still giving him weird fits of nauseation and his eyesight still shit. He knew there was shit he had to do....But if he went out now, he could get himself in trouble.

His head sharply pained him as she went up to shower, hearing her curse as the water turned on. In truth he was cold too, and these blankets were shit. No heat retention whatsoever; even the foil blankets he used on special long-term operations kept him warmer than this! How bad do you have to fuck up a blanket to make it do this crap at keeping someone warm! He then felt the bed creak, her hand gently taking his as she asked to hold him.

"Fine, if it makes you stop talkiiing....Your voice is giving me a worse migraine than the one I've got now." he grumbled; even if she did go for his cock, he wouldnt have the strength to push her away. So he turned her away, not even noticing that she had her bare chest against his own, her nipples pressed to his skin as his powerful, sculpted arms held her close. "We're still not even...You owe me..." Shawn whispered; and in a surprisingly nice action, a hand came up to rest on the back of her head, helping to draw her closer to him. Their body heat intermingling and making it that much warmer, the hand running down her midnight locks to rest on her back, holding her good and close, the scent of her figure oddly relaxing now, more so than it had been.

"Stop bitching. You humans are so damn whiny." Eager to press close to the warmth, she was more than happy to allow him to pull her close. An arm draped over him, her other hand rested flat on his chest as she nuzzled his neck. "Yeah, yeah, I owe you. We can talk about it later." Shivering as she burrowed under the blankets and against him, Eris relaxed and exhaled slowly.

"That feels good." Barely coherent as her head tilted slightly into his hand, she mumbled against his skin before she had drifted off. She dreamt of things long passed, of wars that existed only in history books. Of chariots and spears, the sounds of dying horses on the battlefields as metal clashed against metal. The shouts of her sisters, the sighs of her brother in his annoyance. The displeasure of the gods as fate rewrote itself, weaving stories through time itself.

She woke with a start a couple of hours later, sitting upright with a gasp. When was the last time she'd dreamt of the wars in Greece and the surrounding areas? It had been ages, and yet they had come back with a sudden and random vengeance. Blinking awake, she held her head in her hands and let out a low moan. Realizing her state of undress and where she was, she tipped back and stretched out slowly. Throwing a leg over the human's hip, she tucked her head back under his chin.

"Feel like telling me your name yet, killer?"

Shawn's nap was dreamless, a blissful reprieve from the chaos that was his life. Traveling all over, cleaning up the dregs the 'justice system' allowed to filter onto the streets. Polluting other families with its filth and decay. An hour, nearly two, passed before he would awaken again, not quite in the same startled manner as Eris but still fairly quickly.

Needless to say, he very much needed that; though when he felt the warmth disappear for a second then return, he woke up to see Eris staring at him with those vibrant green eyes. Were they not so full of light, they would come across as creepy to him. Granted, she herself was a bit creepy...But Shawn was starting to see she was around to stay. And she did help him out, even if she did cause his mess in the first place.

And even though she was pressed naked against him, all he did was turn on his back, still holding an arm around her shoulders and keeping her close. Honestly? It'd been too long without a warm body besides his own in bed, and he was finding the sensation...Comforting, oddly. "Since it's fairly obvious you're going to be around for the long haul, and if you really are who you say, you'd find out anyway." Giving a small sigh, he then said as he looked at her, those steely blues meeting her eyes,

"Name's Shawn....Shawn Mitchell."

"Stop moving, you're comfortable.." Whining a bit as he shifted around, Eris shuffled closer and wrapped her leg around him again. "Yes, I'm obviously around. I didn't live this many millennia to just disappear across the River Styx." Grumbling to herself, she paused only when he spoke again. Had he actually answered her question?

"Well, Shawn Mitchell, you are very warm, and very comfortable. Let's just lay here for awhile, okay? I'm not ready to go home yet." Rather, she couldn't go home yet, but there was no way in hell she was telling him that. The last thing she needed was a mortal knowing she was weaker than she looked. Sick was one thing, unable to return home for the moment was much, much worse. "I'm sorry I whipped you through a portal, but I figured it was better than you getting arrested. I know what they do to people here. It's not even fun like in the old days. No gladiator fights to the death."

Back
Top Bottom