Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Miss Staken Identity (Staine x Bunny)

She chuckled softly and closed her eyes. "Such a sacrifice, you are indeed suffering." She curled onto her side towards the wall and yawned. "Night Richter. Sweet dreams" Ember was exhausted but that wasn't surprising for the night she had. Soon her breathing evened out and she was sucked down into dreamland. Her dreams were fanciful and fleeting and when she woke in the morning she'd not remember a one of them.

At some point during the night Ember and curled into him. One small hand outside of the sheets hand flung itself over his chest, curled into a fist on his breast. Her smaller frame pressed against his with just the sheet separating them. She still slept soundly even as the sun made it's leave of the sky. Beyond a soft whimper from the dream she was caught in she made no other sounds other than her soft breathing.

Richter didn't take long to fall asleep and he rarely had dreams so it felt like only moments later when he woke up. Emberlynn had gone to sleep facing the wall but now she seemed to be curled up against him, a hand on his chest and her body pressed against him, her head almost on his shoulder. He chuckled to himself quietly, looking down at her and was planning to extricate himself from the embrace quietly when an idea occurred to him. He was still fully dressed and reaching into his pocked he pulled out his phone. Flicking through it with one hand he pulled up the camera and grinned, lifting it up high and aimed it down, smiling up at it as he took the picture which his cheek pressed against her hair. Slowly, he started to untangle her from him but left the phone open beside her on the bed.

While she slept he gathered everything together and started to pack it into his range rover, the car he had bought a few years ago when he needed something to get around from town to town other than just the trains and buses. Once everything was loaded up which took no more than 20 minutes he went back to the room and changed into a fresh pair of pants and a new, dark blue shirt. Shaking his head that she was still asleep he moved over to her, sitting on the edge of the bed and shaking her by the shoulder.
"Hey, weren't you meant to be a hunter? Do you all sleep though the night? This is prime hunting time, you should at least be getting ready by now, puppy."

Ember opened one eye at him and offered a halfhearted hiss. She had slept well and she could recall dreaming but the details slipped through her fingers like sand. Sitting up she rubbed at her eyes and yawned. "Yes, but I am not allowed to hunt unless you okay it, so why not sleep in?" She stuck her tongue out at him. Her eyes were drawn to his phone lit up on the bed near his pillow. Her face rather than coloring prettily seemed to go paler. "Delete it!" She pointed at his phone. "Richter!" She made to grab for it when he smirked at her. Swearing she scrambled out of the bed in his over sized shirt and a pair of panties. "Come on! Delete it!" She pouted at him, still trying to get the phone from him, jumping to try and reach it.

Richter let her have her fun little comment about his rules and even stick her tongue out at him, grinning and waiting for her to find the phone. When she saw it, her reaction was almost instant, her face going white as she made a grab for it. He snatched it up faster than she could and backed off the bed, holding it up with the picture clearly facing her on the screen. "Awww, what's the matter puppy, did you not enjoy snuggling up to me? Don't you look cosy here? I can only imagine how much closer you would have gotten if I had been under the sheets with you."

He laughed as she pouted and jumped up for the phone, fully aware she was wearing very little and not at all encouraging her to think too much about it. He lifted it higher as she made another jump at it and slipped an arm around her waist, letting himself fall backwards and dragging her down on top of him.
"Do you always pounce on the men you sleep with like this when you wake up or am I just lucky?" He still had that grin on his face, the phone was held as far away from her as he could get it, his arm stretched across the ground beyond his head and he was looking up at her mischievously. "I really don't see the problem, you look so cute and peaceful like that."

She gave a squeal as he pulled her into him and fell backwards. With her on top of him she glared down at him. She tried without success to still grab the phone. Blush now seeping into her cheeks. "I don't sleep with men! I am a virgin and give me that!" She hit his chest with one small fist, a little demand. "And be that as it may, I clearly didn't know what I was doing! I was asleep!"

It was about then Ember realized what she was wearing and rolled off him. She glared at him and stormed out of the room. She'd come back a few moments later in the only 'normal' outfit she had. The one he had bought her. She gather any of her things she had missed and shoved them into the bad her clothing had come in. She had dreamed about cuddling into him, the thought came back to her.

If he wasn't such a jerk, maybe she would have liked it! Angry all over she threw her pillow at him as it was the closest thing to her.
"You are such a pain!" Her stomach gave a rumble and she pouted. "If you're not gonna delete it, at least buy me breakfast?" Honestly, she didn't know if she cared about the picture. She as most of her feelings for him, wouldn't tell him. But she liked the way she was cuddled into him in the picture. She liked the smile on his lips. It wasn't even the smirk he wore so often. "Also, where are we going now? I know there was some activity in Long Beach.." She didn't know why she offered the knowledge, but she had it.

The squeal she had given as they fell had made the slight impact worth it and as she made another grab for the phone she had no choice but to press against him, her breasts almost directly on top of his face as she reached for it and still didn't get there. He laughed as she realised what she was wearing and rolled away, glaring at him. "Oh but puppy, you already slept with me three times now!" He was still chuckling, amused as she walked out of the door, calling after her. "I never said you fucked me, give me some credit at least." While she was gone he climbed up to his feet, dusting himself off and playing with his phone. He wasn't going to delete the picture at all, and by the time she came back he had pulled on his coat and was ready to go.

"I'm a pain? You're the one attacking me for no reason, I was just showing you my new screensaver." He dodged the pillow this time and left it where it landed as he walked past her and towards the car. "Breakfast? Ah, the demands to feed you are starting already, such fun. Come on then, let's go get you some kibble or something." Climbing into the driver's seat he started it up, waiting for her to join him before driving to the center of town where he knew all the food places would be open. "Long Beach? Well that's news to me but we can check it out, if you promise me you're not just trying to burn me alive." He laughed as he pulled up to a burger place. "I mean California? For a vampire? Are you trying to get me killed already?"

She climbed into his car. It was nice and so at odds with his living arrangements. She huffed at him when he said get her kibble. "I am human, hence food daily. As a hunter, I require many meals" She buckled her seat belt and leaned back against the seat. Turning her head she looked across at him while they waited for the car before them to pull forward. "You know, the sun goes down. Shocking, I know."

When the pulled up she unbuckled and leaned across him to look the menu over and stayed there, snuggled into him while she placed her large order. Several burgers, fries, a salad and chicken nuggets and a large soft drink. Once she had ordered she kissed his cheek softly before slipping back to her own seat.
"And we don't have to go there if you're afraid" She was teasing him playfully.

As they pulled up to the window she asked for ketchup from the man behind the window. Food obtained she began with her salad before they had even pulled away.
"But from here it's a few days." Looking at his car she tipped her head to one side. "You know, you could pay to have this tinted so no light could get in and sleep in it in a pinch I bet." It was a random thought, though as a professional bad ass vampire, she wondered why he had not yet thought of that himself.

"Yeah yeah yeah, you are human, food daily, many meals, I got it." He rolled his eyes as she complained at him and when they did get to the burger place and the drive through he started to slow down into it. "I'm sorry puppy, you're telling me the sun goes...what? Down? What is this sorcery of which you speak? Over 400 years and I didn't know the sun moved at all, does it fall off the side of the Earth?" He was enjoying her company still but the girl didn't half give him hell for every comment he made. As they pulled up to the speaker and she leaned over him he slipped his arm over her waist and held her there, sliding it up and down and more than once letting it wander onto her rear. "We can go there, you do know I'm just playing with you. No need to be a butt about it."

When she slipped back into her own seat he shook his head, continuing through the drive through.
"Do you think you ordered enough to eat? I have enough money to support a small village for a decade or two but at this rate I'm going to be broke before the month is out..." He didn't even think about it before he made the comment, the playful banter and back and forth arguing seemed to just be a part of how they spoke to each other now. "We can go there, check out your lead. Do you think I want to sleep in here when I don't have to?" He chuckled and smiled at her. "I have blankets to block out the light in a pinch and the windows are tinted enough that they help but I like to see out of them, besides I prefer to sleep in a bed." He should have left it there but he couldn't help himself. "Preferably with cute little puppies cuddled up against me and snoring gently in my ear." He flashed his fangs at her, pulling away and starting to drive in the general direction of California. "You know if you're gonna eat so much the least you could do is offer me something to eat too..."

She lifted a brow at him as she popped a fry into her mouth. "Last time I checked, you liked my butt" Smiling she went back to her salad. Shaking her head she gave a soft chuckle. "I gave you an out yesterday, too late Daddy fangs. Gotta feed the 'puppy'." Even sitting back normally she could feel his hand as it rubbed along her back. She had just ignored it at the time unwilling to give him the satisfaction even if it had made her want to purr like a kitten.

She sighed and threw a fry at him
"You never stop do you?" She bared her teeth at him in return to his fanged smile. "And I did offer to find you a fang-banger last night.. You declined. And as we are in a major city, I feel like if you needed food it would be easy to find so Ember is not on the menu tonight. So sorry" Her tone was sardonic. Rolling her eyes, Ember ate in silence for a few moments she held her hand out. "If I promise to leave your pervy screensaver can I use your phone? Would be easier for us if we could find a place in Cali before we get there. I could get a agent to stay late to show us places so you don't have to sleep in the rover. If it comes to that I am sleeping outside"

She wiggled her fingers at him while popping a chicken nugget into her mouth. She hadn't been kidding about her need for food. That topped with the fact that she'd still need to work out with him, she doubted the need for food would diminish. Licking her lower lip she reached out and poke his cheek with her index finger, a soft little bounce of movement on his skin "Come on, I super duper secret hunter swear I will leave the stupid picture alone"

Chuckling he flashed her a grin and a view of his fangs again, watching her wolf down the food like she was some kind of human vacuum. "Oh I do like your butt, I could do many, many things with an ass like that, puh...ppy." He accentuated the word, just another of his little pet names for her but it reminded him that she was still young and inexperienced in the ways of the world, in all but killing vampires and eating vast quantities of food it seemed. "You know I never agreed not to feed on you, I think I argued against that little rule actually." He growled softly, he wasn't serious but he also wasn't lying. "What if I don't want some whore from the streets? What if I want more of the same fiery, smokey blood that saved my life? You might just be my favourite treat in over 400 years..." He flashed his fangs at her again and was in the process of leaning close menacingly, to scare her not to actually bite her, when she made a comment about his screensaver. He paused, laughed, and sat back in his seat.

"What? What's so pervy about it?" He fished out his phone and unlocked it, holding it up next to him so she could see it again. "I think it's cute how you were all needy and cuddled up to me and you look so adorable and harmless while you sleep, not at all ungrateful and annoying like usual." He turned to lick her finger as she poked his cheek before he passed the phone over to her, eyeing her suspiciously and reaching for her food, taking a chicken nugget and eating it in front of her. "Fine, but delete it and you're going to find it very hard to sit down so tread carefully, little wolf." He chewed and swallowed the chicken, he could still taste it but he had no need to eat the food other than to take it from her. "I find it hurtful that you wouldn't want to sleep in the rover with me though, and it's going to take days to get there anyway. What do we do in the meantime?"

She blinked as he stole her chicken nugget. "Hey! that was mine! You don't need chicken nuggets, I do!!!!!" She took the phone grumpily and glared at him as she pulled up google. "It's pervy cause you are like... A million years old and I am eighteen. I mean talk about robbing the cradle" Looking at the phone she entered a search, frowning at the glowing screen. She had never looked for such things, but she had the general idea.. it couldn't be that hard yeah?

"It is less about sharing the rover with you and more about enjoying sleeping outside. If it's a rural area at least. If we are in a city I would sleep in here with you. Besides, a motel would work just as well." She wondered how much money he had, because she was being a little flippant with her suggestions of what they could do. "Also I am not ungrateful! I have said thank you many times, thank you very much. As far as annoying, I mean.. Have you taken a second to think I only give what I get?" She looked over at him and stuck her tongue out at him.

Flipping through pictures she finally decided to touch on the subject of her blood.
"You didn't agree to it I suppose but it's one I am not willing to bend on. I will help you if there are no other options, but I am not a blood doll.. That's what you called them yeah?" She could still remember what it was like to have his fangs in her and she blushed softly in the car, her core tightening. Not to mention the scrape of them along her neck, he loved teasing her with that.

She turned the phone towards him, showing him a secluded beach front property.
"So, I don't really know what your budget is.. So all jokes aside let me know if I push too far. Because, I am grateful that you're taking me with you.. That you will help me be better at hunting ferals." She looked at him, her face earnest, but softened by the thanks she felt.

Last edited:
"Well it's mine now. So what if I don't need them, I like the taste and you're not letting me have what I really want, now are you?" He chuckled while she pulled up google and shook his head a little at her comment. "You know back when I was human a girl your age would already be married so don't even try to make me feel guilty for wanting to do terribly dirty things to you." His smirk was back again and he reached over, just toying with her hair lightly. "You are such a pretty little puppy even if you have a foul mouth." It made sense that she liked sleeping outside so he let that go and likewise he knew she was grateful. He suddenly flicked her ear. "Could thank me with more than just words and snide comments. Hey, wait a minute, I'm not annoying, I'm playfully charming. A gentleman, remember?" He laughed loudly, he knew he was being a little annoying to her but that was their relationship, it had been from the start. She fought him on almost everything and he teased her relentlessly.

He sighed softly while she did her research on his phone, he really wasn't upset or all that hungry right now but if she offered...
"I know, don't worry, I agree not to feed on you if I don't have to. You'd make such a fine blood doll though..." He leaned close and whispered in her ear, quietly. "You really are my favourite too, I'm not just saying that." He was met with the phone in his face as she turned it towards him and he leaned back again, focusing on driving. As a vampire he had enough reflexes and motor control to be risky behind the wheel but too much and even he would crash. "Don't worry about the budget, I have enough...I was wealthy even before my Sire left everything to me and my estate is well taken care of." He smiled at her, a genuine, warm smile. "I know you are, little wolf. I like to tease you but that's who I am, and I haven't had this kind of contact with another person in a long time...but I know you're grateful, and you're not that annoying really." He grinned wickedly. "Usually."

She blushed and looked away from him as he told her that she was his favorite. Laughing the sound was bright in the darkness of the rover. "You are many things but a gentleman I am less sure about. Though, you did say I should be thankful you were able to restrain yourself from raping me" She stuck her tongue out at him. She nodded and sent a message to the realtor that was listed on the house. It would give them some privacy. It was not for what he would likely joke about, but she'd rather not put others in danger if they had another guest like last time.

"And yeah, they used to... But have you noticed that's no longer the norm? It was because even back then it was pretty wrong, just accepted by the male patriarchal. The age that girls were married off in what... late fifteen-hundreds was... eleven or twelve?" She opened another search and nodded, as if proving her point. "Most girls wouldn't come into puberty until a few years after that either? That's kinda messed up, no offense to your time period or anything.." She closed his phone and placed it in the empty cup holder.

"Would you tell me about what your human life was like?" She was genuinely curious. She doubted being a vampire changed his personality much. Giggling Ember smiled. "We're you a rake?"

"I am most definitely a gentleman, you're just thinking about it wrong. I'm generous, I'm caring, I would never harm you or let harm come to you so long as I can still move and should you ever need me I'll be there before you can even blink." He smiled, still keeping his eyes on the road. "If you're thinking a gentleman must wear a top hat and tails and speak only formally, be soft and well spoken then those aren't the rules I choose to play by." In his peripheral he could see her stick her tongue out at him and his response was to roll his eyes. "You know I was never going to rape you, right? I was interrogating you. My choices to get information from you were mind compulsion, torture or threats and I chose the least invasive path." He turned to her and grinned. "See? Gentleman."

For some reason he felt he needed to defend himself as she commented on the times he was from, but his smile never left his face.
"You're not eleven or twelve and I have slept with no girl younger than you I'll have you know." He did admit it was wrong when they were so young, that just happened to be the times and not what he was attracted to. "Maybe just a tiny bit younger, but for your own information, I'm from England. You're legal there, puppy, even today." Her question about his human life was interesting, her giggle soft and musical. He considered a little before answering. "You could say that. My father was lord of our small village and I didn't like the way he wanted me to be so stuck up and formal all the time so I may have rebelled a little. He didn't like that, nor what I did to the servants." He grinned, fond memories of those girls and boys in his mind. "So yes, I suppose I was a rake and I never did straighten out before I was turned into what I am today. Life was...boring. I had no direction, no purpose." He smiled softly. "Now I do."

She snorted softly and rolled her eyes. She knew in his mind, that that was being a 'gentleman' but the first part had been. "Fine, you're a Gentleman" She couldn't deny that he was generous or caring and she trusted him to keep her safe or come to her aid if she needed it. She remembered the way he reacted to the feral. That wasn't because of duty, he was afraid for her.

"I never said you did. I said the time it was the norm. Defensive much?" She chuckled and looked out the window while he told her a small part of his life. "Okay, so what did you do other than ravish the servants?" Her head turned back to him. "What was expected?" She wondered if she asked about his Sire if he'd answer her. One way to find out. "How did you meet your Sire? What was he like? What were you like as a baby vampire?" She smiled at him in the darkness, a flash of white teeth. "Sorry, it's not often I can ask someone over four-hundred years old questions or a vampire. You don't have to answer" She knew that he wouldn't if he didn't want to, but she wanted him to know she wouldn't be upset. She was being nosy after all.

It didn't seem like she really believed him when she admitted he was a gentleman but he didn't really care too much, he didn't need the label to define him he would rather just be his own man anyway. Still, this was the game they were playing, so he took his victory like expected. "I know I am, now we just need to see if we can make a lady out of you." He smirked, he couldn't help it, he just had to tease her with every other sentence like he had to feed on blood.

A soft growl escaped him. He didn't agree much with his times either which was why he was so defensive, and also because he was well aware of the age gap between them he just didn't much care himself and he had the feeling that him not caring was somehow meant to be wrong. His mood lightened a little when she started to ask questions again and he felt answering them would at least let her understand him a little more.
"I didn't just ravish them...they ravished me a little. Such fun we had, it wasn't like today either, much harder to get a boy into bed back then." He grinned again. "What wasn't expected? I was supposed to find a bride and be his heir, take over the estate when he died and be a good little lord. None of which I wanted. My sire...he was another lord, one of a much larger place, a town." He laughed. "One question at a time, slow yourself down there, eager little puppy. It's a long drive."

She laughed and nodded. "Sorry. You're right.. I did just sort of unload" She wasn't bothered by the fact he had been with men. She thought such things were normal, or should be at least. "Then one question for now. Tell me how you and he met?" She curled in her seat towards him, golden eyes watching him as he drove. She was curious about the man who made him what he was now.

Shifting a little Ember undid her hair and let it fall around her shoulders, carefully running her fingers through it. When he was done, she'd ask if just tonight they could stop at a hotel. A hot shower sounded so good. She could also brush her teeth.. She sighed at the idea before focusing on him again. Like most things she'd never tell him, she thought him beautiful. She wondered had he always been or was that part of his change. She watched his mouth move her mind wandering further. She listened even as she day dreamed. There was no harm in fantasy, it was safe enough.

"Yes, you did. I don't mind answering questions, we have a lot of travelling to do together so talking will be good but let's try to pace ourselves unless you want terrible answers." He felt her leaning towards him just a little bit, the body language telling him she felt at least safe with him and that perhaps she liked him. He chuckled to himself, he already had guessed she was attracted to him so that wasn't too much of a surprise. He turned and smiled down at her, she was so beautiful. He loved the fiery, fighty side of her that argued with him and gave as good as it got but this was nice too.

"My father introduced us, he was travelling and needed a place to stay for the night and of course our home was the largest, the grandest, the only one that would do a lord of such standing any justice at all. We could hardly expect him to stop at the inn, now could we? Pay a few coppers to sleep in a scratchy bed with the commoners." He laughed. "My Sire was a beautiful, powerful man you could tell just by looking at him and he always seemed so...dignified. Like he could walk through the mud and it would refuse to cling to him. Of course I hated that. I was a brash, cocky, I wasn't the dutiful son meant to bow and honour him and I left dinner early that night. Imagine my surprise when he walked into the pub later, ordered a simple beer and seemed so...normal. Laughing with the servants and his soldiers." He could almost see the sight now and it brought a smile to his face again.

She smiled at his own smile. "So he wasn't what you expected. What brought him to the area?" She tried to picture what it would have been like to live when he had and not only that as a male. As woman she would have been more of a bargaining chip for expanding the lands or to form alliances from what she knew. As a male, though, he would have been the one to have a woman given likely for such reasons. To as he had said take over. She had another question but was able to hold it in.

"And you were in the pub with the commoners? I am sure your father loved such actions.. But I think it would have made your people like you more?" She liked this almost as much as trading their little jabs at one another. Fishing in her bag of food she pulled out another burger and ate it as he answered her new questions. She had at least avoided asking what he would have done, had he not been turned. Small victories. "I suppose also, you can ask me questions if you want? But I don't have as much to share as you do" She smiled, the offer a form of thanks for his openness.

"No, he wasn't what I expected. He was travelling for the same reason I do now, hunting vampires. He had little of his own entourage which was strange for a lord, just a few men with him, soldiers and servants. No women." He turned and grinned at her, wondering if she would pick up on what that probably meant. "He wasn't as 'rakish' as I was, as you put it, but he knew the value of not being a stuck up arse with no regard for those beneath your station." He smiled softly. "I didn't know he was hunting vampires at the time of course, I did go over to him to drink, he told me he was hunting a dangerous criminal after chiding me for leaving dinner early. I felt that was so exciting. A world out there, outside the village I was meant to live my life in safely."

He nodded.
"Just so, he hated that I spent time with the commoners in the muck, as he would have said. I didn't care, they made me smile and we talked as friends not as lord and vassals." He turned to her and shook his head. "I don't need to right now, I will ask in time but I'm not done yet." He reached over and patted her head, ruffling her hair again. "See why I told you to pace yourself? Anyway, I talked with him, I was enraptured. Lord Leopold had that way about him, he could capture you with his smile and his words, he could make you just...listen. Get lost in his tales and stories, his jokes and flirtations. I'm sure it wasn't the first time he took his host's son to bed when passing through a village, he was a hard man to resist, and the only person I have ever submitted to in any regard." He chuckled, perhaps sharing a little too much but she had asked, and he was enjoying reminiscing. "The next day I asked that he take me with him. He was a knight, my father could hardly refuse, likely hoped I would return with more desire to rule."

Last edited:
Ember chuckled and pulled away from the hand that was mussing her hair. Combing her fingers through her hair she bit her lower lip. She doubted this was his plan, but she couldn't help but tease him. "Oh my god! You're like a villain giving a monologue and telling me your master plan!" She pointed at him in mock horror "You plan to make me a vampire!" She laughed then and smiled at him. "So, your Master took you with him..? Did he take much convincing, for I am sure you did not" She was teasing him and the fact he always seemed horny.

Shifting in the seat she cuddled back against her door, still watching him. From the way he spoke, his Sire was dead... Ember felt a small pang of regret. She'd have liked to meet him. She wondered would he have liked her? His progeny seemed to like her well enough but there was no way for her to know how he had changed in his long life. She was sure parts of him were the same, the core of him likely too different, but the world had changed greatly.. there as little doubt he had changed as well.

Richter burst out laughing but he ended it with a soft growl as she continued to speak, turning to look at her without a smile this time. "Well first of all, don't be ridiculous, if I had such plans for you I wouldn't tell you at all. Besides, I was 20 when he found me, I was over 30 when he turned me." He reached over to her and poked her forehead lightly. "Secondly, he did not need much convincing but why do you seem to think I will do anything for sex?" He knew she was teasing and he had been very dirty towards her, but it hurt a little if that's all she saw in him. "I like to flirt, and tease, but I'm not nearly so horny as you seem to think I am, little wolf. Have you considered that you might bring it out in me?" It was true, he might not have had extended contact with anybody else in a long time anyway but he hardly flirted when he did, but he enjoyed it with her, because of her own personality and how she made him feel.

He turned his eyes back to the road.
"I'd never make you a vampire unless you really wanted it. Even to save your life I would find it hard...I would have to be sure you would not hate me, sure you could live with it and..." He didn't add anything else, letting his voice trail off a little. "I'm sorry for the outburst. I miss him." As if reading her mind he smiled softly. "He would have liked you a lot, you are forward and speak your mind like I did. He enjoyed that about people, lords, kings, commoners, it didn't matter where they came from."

She chuckled softly. "No, not anything.. I only implied that it wouldn't have been hard for him to get you into bed" She leaned across the car and kissed his cheek softly. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. It's just, as you seem to have said, you liked sleeping with people." She cover his mouth as he opened it to protest "Let me finish! I wasn't saying you were some man whore either. Just.. Your story so far had you having flings with at least a few servants, some men.. And he was your sire, it was logical that you likely didn't resist much. You were drawn to him." She wiped her hand on his shoulder as she pulled back. "Also, it's childish to lick people" It didn't matter that she would have done the same thing. She was a child!

She looked back at him and smiled softly. She knew he meant it.. so she offered this, hoping it would never come to it
. "If.. I was dying and it wasn't due to old age but rather I was stupid or just not as good as the other person or... due to an accident... I wouldn't be mad Richter" She smiled softly. "But if fate allows, I'd like to grow old. Find love.. maybe have a baby" It was things she had always wanted, but knew she was unlikely to have at least not the way she wanted them. Like a normal human. Not as a hunter.

Tipping her head to the side she yawned. They had been driving for hours. "Even though I am a hunter?" another small yawn. "Could I talk you into a hotel room?" She saw the smirk forming and burst out with "I want a hot shower not to bed you! this is why I teased you!!!!!!!"

Richter was open his mouth to comment on her appraisal of him when he felt her hand cover it, trying to silence him. He did stop talking, not because he couldn't which was ridiculous, it wasn't a very good gag or even sealed properly to stop noise but because the action surprised him. While she carried on he grinned behind her hand and stuck his tongue out a little, tracing small circles on her palm with it, then spelling his name while she talked. It amused him while he processed her points. When she finished talking and pulled her hand back, wiping it on his shoulder he smirked and turned to face her. "Would you like to bet?" He accepted her reasoning and was not going to back down from what he had shown her of himself so far. "I bet I could lick you and you wouldn't think it was very childish at all, puh-ppy." He winked at her and turned his attention back to the road.

They were passing through a small town, lots of turns and traffic lights, one of which they were currently stopped at.
"That would make it easier, but I'd rather keep you alive anyway. I have to say though...I'm not looking forward to outliving you." He had a sad smile, he had outlived many people before, from childhood to adulthood which was part of the reason he had stopped making real connections with them. She had broken through that barrier a little, and he already knew it would be difficult. She mentioned a hotel room and he nodded as he smirked. She still had his phone. "Sure, find the nearest one, might as well stop here while we are in a town."

He smiled again.
"Even though you're a hunter, you're a reasonable one. Now at least, at first you were all about shooting first..." He took the directions from her and soon found himself pulling into the carpark of a rather upscale hotel. Seems she had taken his confession of wealth to heart. He grinned as he shut down the engine. "Come on, let's find a room and we can take that shower. I'll even wash your hair for you."

She blushed and sighed, deciding to not comment to his rather lewd come back. Looking out the window she nodded. She could see how getting close to people would be hard on him. Without looking at him she placed her hand on his arm lightly, a soft little squeeze given. She was sorry he'd have to out live her, but despite all his joking she wasn't sorry to have met him or to share a small part in his long life.

"Okay" Picking up the phone, she pulled her gaze from the dark landscape and looked up a few places. The town they were didn't offer much, beyond a few sleazy rent by the hour places and one rather expensive hotel. She frowned at him. "I am not sharing my shower with you, this place is nice enough I am sure it has water for two" Still frowning she hugged herself against the chill of the air. "Also how does a town boast two seedy motels where you could have a Jackson Pollok experience in white and this place?"

Ember followed him toward the doors sticking close to him. She was beginning to feel self conscious in her rumpled clothing. "Hey Daddy?" She used the name as they came to a stop in front of the counter. "Could I maybe have some money to buy some clothing while you sleep? I feel... a little dirty" She was blushing under the florescent lights and mostly hiding behind him as the lady came from the back room to greet them.

"My my! You both are up late! Would you like two rooms or perhaps a room with two beds?" She smiled at them, clearly thinking they were father and daughter. It likely didn't help that she had called him Daddy. "We have a few rooms available, though they all seem to be suites" Her tone was saddened, but the shrewd look in her eyes said it was false.The woman knew they had other rooms, but at this time they were not likely to sell the higher rooms, if there was an option.

Back
Top Bottom