Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

“I can’t walk without using the wall, I’ll fall.” She frowned softly, not wanting to squander what Motochika had given her, but realistically she couldn’t keep herself upright yet.

Nana balled her hand into a fist, knowing how Motochika probably begged for her to be allowed out. She moved as quickly as she could, using the wall to move over to Ayato on unsteady legs.

She froze where she was, looking to Ayato with a shocked expression. “T-Take it off..?” If she couldn’t use her wheelchair, or use her fake leg, how was she to get around. “I need it..!” She argued.

Nana felt shame pour over her like boiling water, biting her lip as she leaned back against the wall for support. Rolling up the leg of her pants, she started to work on the straps keeping her leg on, hands shaking as she did. “I-I..” Her hands stopped working on the straps. “I won’t..” She said quietly, tears starting to form in her eyes.

Nana began to cry quietly, but she shook her head. “No you won’t, then you won’t have control over him,” Her tone was sharp like a dagger, her tears rolling down her cheeks as she dared look up at Ayato in defiance.

"You must care very little for your life and his to speak to me that way." He said, "That's fine, his kakuhou will only make Yamouri stronger."

“What’s the point of keeping me locked away if he’s so expendable?!” She snapped at him, balling up her fists again. “What use am I if you’re always threatening my life?!”

"You already know why. He's an important asset. It isn't us who deem him so unimportant." He said, "Your actions control what happens to him, and vice versa."

“Then what has he done to warrant me needing to be punished like this..?!” She sounded almost broken, desperate.

“I only see him when he comes home to sleep!” She argued again, in disbelief. “Isn’t he one of you..? Don’t you care about him at all?” One of them? A ghoul?

“He is!” Nana took pride in Motochika, he was the love of her life; strong and brave, but kind too. “He’s stronger than all of you, better too! All of you are terrible!” She wanted to yell and scream at him- more than she already was. “You’re all devils!”

He suddenly had his hand around her throat, squeezing it so tight she thought her eyes would pop out of her skull, "I really think you should shut your fucking mouth before it gets you and him killed."

Nana’s eyes flashed with fear, mouth gaping as she struggled to pull in a breath, her nails dragging against his skin uselessly. She struggled so hard her nails broke and chipped, struggling to shove him away, black and white spots in her vision.

Nana hit the ground with a hard thud, coughing and gasping in air as she clutched her throat, tears falling heavily down her face now. She was terrified, absolutely terrified, and it showed. She was a shaking, sniveling mess after him just roughing her up a bit, Nana agreeing to do what he wanted.

It was hard to keep up with Ayato, she only had one leg, and putting her weight on the unprotected stump hurt. She was humiliated, keeping her head down so she didn’t actually have to see the faces of the ghouls they walked passed, tears dripping onto the floor as they went. She wished Yamori had killed her that night back in her old apartment, that the ghouls who had taken her on her way home from school had eaten her like they had planned. She felt like she was going to vomit, she wanted to be sick, but she did her best to hold it in, for she didn’t dare endure anymore shame.

"Nana!!" Motochika was horrified, eyes wide as he watched. He had just come back from a mission and was on his way to see her when they crossed paths, "Ayatou, what are you doing?!"
"You said she needed to be let out more. Here she is."

Back
Top Bottom