Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

He offered his hand out for her to take, smiling widely. “Ready to go in? I’m starving, get anything you want, they have a good food menu as well..!”

He led her inside, where they were seated quickly due to not many people being inside, still people stared as Akihime and Yukimura went in, even a few eyes lingering as they were seated. “What do you usually like to get, Akihime?” Yukimura hadn’t even seemed to notice the stares, keeping his positive attitude.

Akihime immediately felt uncomfortable. Did they know? Would they sell her out to him? She played with her thumbs nervously, looking down at the tiny menu. What did humans eat? What did they like? She couldn't remember, she never paid attention at work.
"Um...the caramel toffee sounds good..." She said, "And...maybe a piece of the matcha cake roll.."

All she could feel were eyes on her, making the hair stand up on the back of her neck. They knew, they knew what she was and they would report her, she stood out, even if she looked human.
“I’m sorry, I should have warned you before..”
Oh god, did he know too? Of course he knew, he was with the CCG.
“I usually get stares in public, I’d wear my prosthetic, but it’s mainly just cosmetic, so it’s a little clunky and awkward.” Yukimura gave a nervous, apologetic smile. “I apologize if it makes you uncomfortable.”

They were looking...because of his missing arm? Relief washed over her and she gave a sad smile, "No, I'm ok...I'm just sorry people are so rude to you. It's bad manners to stare at someone.."

“I’m used to it by now, I just hope it doesn’t put too much of a damper on our date.” There was that word again- date -he actually seemed to be happy, regardless of the staring, was it because he was with her? Her heart pounded at the idea.

Another gentle smile. “Never mind the stares, order what you want.” He said. “This place has good iced coffee, it’s my favorite.”

She nodded, "The iced caramel toffee sounds good...and a matcha cake..." She said, "Please...!" She added quickly. She had never been on a date before, she didn't want to mess it up.

He nodded, and soon the waitress came over to take their orders, Yukimura ordering for the both of them before looking to Akihime. “So, Ishida-dono never said, what do you do for work?”

“Ah! I’ve heard of it, it’s supposed to be a very nice restaurant..!” He said. “Ah, it must be nice, do you ever get to taste any of the food the cooks make?”

“You’re lucky, I’m no good at cooking, so it’s always pretty bland, if I’m not careful, I sometimes burn the food.” He admitted to her with a small grin.

“I’ve tried!” His laugh was wonderful, crinkles forming around the edges of his eyes as he did so. “I’ve even watched videos online, but I just can’t seem to succeed..!”

His face flushed as well, glancing away nervously; Akihime cooking for him? It almost sounded like what a girlfriend would do. “I-I wouldn’t mind that..!” He muttered. “I’d be grateful, actually!”

“I-If I’m not imposing..!” He quickly blurted out, worried he had crossed a boundary. “Your meals are wonderful, Akihime.. I really quite enjoy them.”

Their food and drinks arrived and Yukimura muttered out a thank you, sipping his coffee quietly, feeling his ears burning.

“Yes..!” He said quickly, nodding his head and offering another smile. “Of course! Do I not seem ok?”

Back
Top Bottom