Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

She didn’t acknowledge his statement in the slightest, expression still relaxed and pleasant. “I will pray for your quick recovery, Katakura-Sosakan.”

Kojurou’s remaining time in the hospital went quickly, being discharged soon after Jin’s visit and being days away from being cleared to return to the field.

It wasn’t long before he was cleared, his physical evaluation going well, and he was finally able to head back out into the streets like he had been itching to do.

There had been no reports on sightings of Chosokabe since their encounter, however a different ghoul was traveling across several wards cannibalizing other ghouls. Jin informed him of the ghoul- how it was a single female, in her mid to early twenties that seemed to be acting alone.

He exhaled; he didn't really feel like fighting a ghoul who had been cannibalizing through the wards, but he should at least gauge the situation.

“We only are out to gather evidence, engaging is strictly forbidden due to the high likely hood that this ghoul has developed a kakuja.” Jin was happy to be out on the street again as well, wounds only giving her a dull ache now.

Jin gave a soft chuckle, nodding her head. “I agree, I wouldn’t want to end up there again either.”

The two of them questioned the locals around town for any sightings, which surprisingly they gathered a few sightings, but nothing of much use. Even so they wrote every detail down, making sure to log where she had been, what she was doing, and where she had been heading.

A few had seen this ghoul following Mitsunari from HQ, never full descriptions but enough to know it was the same one. "Why Ishida-sousakan?" Kojurou asked.

Jin frowned as she went over and organized their notes. “I heard he and his partner were attacked by the same ghoul before, perhaps it is attempting to hunt him?” She mused.

She paused for a second, then shook her head. “I don’t know. That case is very old, and had very few clues even when it was first discovered. It is possible.”

She nodded once more and tucked away her notes. “I suppose that is very likely. It’s still all speculation for now though.”

He nodded, "Can't rule it out." He said before they continued to walk around. There was an underpass they moved passed when Kojurou heard a sort of chewing sound. He would have brushed it off as a wild dog if there wasn't such a ghastly stench of rot.

Jin could smell the rancid odor leagues away, quite familiar with the scent, as she had smelled it numerous times before. She only glanced to Kojurou as they walked, a soft frown on her face.

If it was a ghoul, they had to deal with it. He gave a nod and walked with her slowly to where the sound was coming from.
"Cartilage is so hard to chew quietly..." A voice muttered bitterly, carried well by the underpass.

Jin knew that without a doubt it was a ghoul, thumb resting on the trigger of her brief case. She looked to Kojurou, as if silently asking if they should engage or not.

"Who's that?" There was a hard snapping sound, angry kakugan zeroing in on them from under a haunting pink fox mask. Kojurou's breath caight for a second. How did they get so unlucky to run into the kakuja ghoul?

Back
Top Bottom