Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Time dragged by as Megohime slowly calmed down now that she wasn’t surrounded, eyes no longer wild and terrified, but defensive when she looked at anyone. She still didn’t move from her spot on the floor, staying with her knees pulled to her chest, clutching her hands over her ears.

Through her tangled hair he could see her bloodshot eyes move to look at him, no longer holding fear, but hurt and exhaustion. She could make out Masamune’s face and voice now, humiliation setting in from other witnessing her episode.

“I’m not deaf, of course I can hear you..” She muttered, looking away, but avoiding looking at Kojurou.

He smiled, the first real response in a long time.
"Well, considering you wouldn't talk to me for so long, I was beginning to think you were."

Had it happened again? She really only remembered bits and pieces, sitting on the cold floor unmoving for hours- or had she been there days? She couldn’t remember how long she had been in there, large gaps in her memory. “S… Sorry..” She muttered, tired and hungry.

Megohime was embarrassed, wanting to say no, but her stomach answered for her, growling loudly. She gave a small nod at the offer, body stuff all over from sitting in one position for so long.

“Anything is fine..” She muttered. “I just don’t want to be out here anymore.” She said lowly.

He whipped the cream by hand, stopping sometimes to shake the soreness from his wrist before continuing again, grabbing some sliced milk bread and spreading a good bit of the whipped cream over both slices before laying the strawberries over top. He combined them and cut it into triangles before placing it in front of her, "Here... it's really good. I ate them a lot growing up during the summer."

Megohime nodded and picked up her utensils, eating quietly- tasteless as always. Tears dropped down her cheeks as she ate. “It’s good..” She lied, trying to be grateful that he had made her something special, but how could it be special if she couldn’t taste it, couldn’t enjoy it.

"You can't taste it, can you...?" He asked softly, sitting across from her, "It's fine, I figured as much. They can make you human but can't take every ghoul thing about you away. Just fill your stomach, that's all I care about."

Megohime continued to eat like he asked, not trying to hide her tears as she forced herself to eat. She wasn’t hungry, and even if she was, this wouldn’t have been her first choice. She wanted to be a ghoul again, wanted to feel powerful; everything about her felt weak and pathetic.

Megohime didn’t go on anymore benders, secluding herself away in Masamune’s room, only really eating when he brought her food. It was hard, he was gone during the day due to work, leaving her alone for the majority of the day.

Megohime would take to sneaking out during the day, often times just wandering the streets in no particular pathway, just needing to stretch her legs more than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom