Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

He hissed, nearly blacking out from the whack to his temple, the skin splitting instantly and blood dripping fast down the side of his head as he squeezed his eye shut tight from the alcohol, "Goddammit, Megohime!!" He yelled, his voice echoing, "Are you fucking crazy?! I just want to help!"

“I said I don’t want your help!” She yelled back, and it felt like she swung again for his head, but nothing connected. She yanked free of his grip, stumbling back on the roof and sending the second bottle rolling off, crashing onto the ground below.

"I don't give a shit about what you want right now! You're drunk and bleeding, I'm not letting you fucking die!" He snapped before trying to wipe the sake out of his eye, "Fucking Christ...!"

Megohime staggered to her feet, still holding the neck of the broken bottle, red in the face and tears in her eyes. “Why won’t you just leave me alone..?!” She snapped at him, taking a step back to put distance between the two of them.

Another step back; more tears falling down her face, slowly moving closer to the edge without realizing it. “Why the fuck would I know? Nothing makes sense right now! Everything’s fucked, and it’s only a matter of time before you cut ties too!”

"Why the fuck would I do that?!" He snapped, "You're fucking drunk, you aren't thinking straight!!"
"Hitto!! She's getting close to the edge!!" One of the boys yelled from the ground.
"Fuck, Mego, just stop and come inside with me..!" Masamune said

“Everyone else did..!” Her voice cracked, and a sob wracked her body, making her stagger again. “My parents… My friends.. it’s all gone..! I don’t exist to them anymore! Megohime is gone!” She wiped at her eyes with the back of her hand, unable to stop them from falling now. “So now it’s just when you’ll leave too, when I’m dead to you too..!”

"That isn't true, Jesus Christ...!" He had gotten enough alcohol out of his eye for him to look at her, "I get it, you're hurt and you've been fucked over more often than you can count on one hand, but you got me and the gang, and we aren't going anywhere!"
"Megohime!!"
"Be careful, Megohime!!"
"You're gonna fall!!"

Megohime shook her head, keeping her eyes on him, vision blurry from the tears.
Her parents weren’t overly emotional, often keeping things bottled up even amongst family members, but her parents had loved and supported her as a child. They had shown their love and affection for her in their own way.
“Liar..!”
She was one step from going over the edge, starting to cry harder now.
The look of disgust her parents had was seared into her memory, how they didn’t even want to be near her after they found out she was human.
Masamune would be the same, she’d wake one day and find him disgusted by her.

"Megohime, stop!"
"Get the taser, get the taser quick!"
"Mego..." Masamune's voice was soft now, though he was still very frustrated, "Why would I lie to you...? Have I given you cause to think so before...?"

To anyone else Masamune’s words made sense, but Megohime was drunk and upset, crying uncontrollably now as she practically teetered on the edge of the roof. “Why did they leave me like that..? Why would they leave me..?”

He shook his head, "I don't know, babe, people do really stupid shit all the time. They don't know who they're fucking over. Now, come away from the edge, please?"

“No..!” Megohime’s head was spinning, edge? She wasn’t near the edge of the roof, what was he talking about? “Just leave me alone..!”

She felt something sharp sting into her back before she felt like her whole body was buzzing and burning. The guys below had managed to find Kojurou's taser and shot her with it.

Megohime let out a scream, mostly one of shock, body jerking forward as she dropped to her knees, dropping the broken bottle neck.

Masamune moved over quickly and grabbed her, the taser wires snapping from stretching so far, and he hoisted her over his shoulder as he made his way to the ladder.

Megohime was stunned from the taser, still feeling small jolts from the electricity. It felt like her brain had been scrambled, confused and groaning as she watched their decent down the ladder.

Megohime was dead weight mover his shoulder, the hit from the taser taking her down for the count for the time being at least, but she was still awake. “Don’t touch… Don’t touch me..” She muttered over and over.

Tears blurred her vision and dripped down her face, the same feeling of helplessness starting to gnaw at her. She couldn’t do anything, she had no strength, no power; she was weak.

He got her inside and walked down with her to the basement where she was set on a bed in one of the isolation rooms. He took off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves, "Alright, let's get you cleaned up."

Megohime was becoming more alert as time passed, struggling to sit up in bed, muscles still fighting her on what movements she wanted to make. “No, no..!” She was drunk, but she knew she did not want anyone touching her, let alone seeing what Tsukiyama had done.

"Goddammit, Mego!! Bunshichi!! Get in here and help me!!"
"Hai!" An older ghoul hurried in and Masamune directed him to hold Megohime's arms while he tried to get to the wound on her back.

Back
Top Bottom