Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Who wants to play Mutants and Masterminds?

Penny

Star
Do you like smut? Do you like Mutants and Masterminds? How about both?

I want to run a Mutants and Masterminds 3E game. PL 8, street level - you're strong, but still operate on a human level. A group of thugs with guns are still dangerous. That said, be as outlandish as you want! Low power shouldn't limit your creativity.

This will probably be a pretty light-hearted game, and I consider myself an easygoing GM, so don't feel like you have to minmax your character. I'll always prefer PCs do something fun and imaginative than feel like they have to go for raw power. That said, this will be a real M&M game with actual adventures, so make sure your character is at least functional.

I want to make this game pretty smutty, but again, it's still going to be a real M&M game. The smut will be weaved into the adventure, not tacked on. If you want your character to be involved in any kinks, try to build them so that their abilities naturally facilitate that. Maybe your character disables enemies by seducing them. Maybe your character's costume isn't immune to your character's fire powers. Maybe your character is really, really into tying people up. It's up to you! Get creative!

If you're interested, leave a post in this thread with a loose character concept and a rundown of the kinks or other elements you'd like to see in the game. This will help me cater the campaign to everyone's tastes! I don't need character sheets yet - we'll worry about that later. And of course, if you have any questions, post in them in this thread!

I'm looking forward to playing with you!

I can definitely tone down his str, just had him pictured as an extremely athletic type with the suit. But I can lower it a bit and raise athletics.

Still, metal weapons break after 8 str, so I would still need something with more durability.

Let me ask you this: Why does your character use weapons instead of their bare hands (or gloved hands, or whatever)? Obviously, I have no problem with weapons, but is there a reason you want to use them even though they're causing you a headache right now?

I inow the question is not to me, but I feel it easily could be all the same since my character would rely on a weapon of some manner as well.

For my character at least, it would fit her theme. Maybe even allow for the chance of reflecting smaller projectiles away as well. She would have a tennis racket, being a tennis player, and have some way to make energy balls to 'serve' toward enemies. Maybe I am going too far into fluff without substance, but the concept feels fairly core to my character.

Let me ask you this: Why does your character use weapons instead of their bare hands (or gloved hands, or whatever)? Obviously, I have no problem with weapons, but is there a reason you want to use them even though they're causing you a headache right now?

I guess its just habit from dnd where unarmed strikes did so little damage. Ill read up on combat rules and tweak a bit. Looks like Ill be fine on points

hmm well i am not in the bmr discord think when I was recovering from my memory issues I removed a bunch

Update: But you can add my discord its in my about section on my member profile.

For those looking for weaknesses to choose check this chart it is amazing
achilles-heel.jpg

Posting my character idea with the sheet made below. Reason for this is cause of the pooling of the ep for a base.

ZIGZJml.jpg
==================================================
Name: Gwen Cross
Powers: Healing / Restoration / Ressurection
Flaws: Uncontrolled...any skin touch activates her powers.
Weakness: Caffeine makes the powers cease till it is out of her system.

Character Sheet
ellie_mansion_by_arsenixc_dbrgcbp-pre.jpg Gwen's private home housing only her and her driver / butler.
Has a lab inside of it for when her father visits. Seems to have lots of medical and government tech.
Gwen on her red motorcycle. 30328-blonde-girl-on-motorcycle-1920x1080-anime-wallpaper.jpg
HEROMAN_10_lina_04.jpg Base: Stately Manor
Vehicles: Limo / Motorcycle

Shared EP: 20

Everything looks in order, Princess_Kaylin! She doesn't seem to have any offensive abilities and her defenses aren't that great either, but since you're aiming for her to be a damsel in distress anyway that shouldn't be a problem. :) I'm looking forward to running your character!

Yeah XP she has enough healing to have an upper hand like a battery but i trimmed it back so if a baddie does get her others wont be able to overpower them. Also the other things as you see let me give others boosts cause she has charisma based things like leadership and so on. Makes teammates be able to get bonuses to do attacks when she fakes things or says things as inspiration

I got a question about the setting in my PMs. I think it's a very good question, so I'll put my answer here:

The setting is pretty similar to modern comics. Today, but with some superscience that hasn't made its way to the common man yet. Fantastic superheroes and villains in colourful costumes alongside people who're just really, really good at martial arts in jeans and a T-shirt. There's probably less supers in this world than in Marvel or DC, but everyone knows of supers and everyone in a big city's downtown has seen one in person.

Supers are also new to this world, and it's still in a state of transition. You're probably on the late end of the first generation of supers. Governments are still trying to figure out how to deal with them. The law is strangely tolerant of nonviolent superheroes and villains; police don't work very hard on tracking down no-kill vigilantes, and supervillains that don't kill anyone tend to get light sentences. On the other hand, killers on either side get a lot of attention. It's come to the point that the super community is starting to perpetuate this, with even "lighter" supervillains not wanting to associate with super-killers for fear of them screwing up a good thing. The general suspicion is that governments are doing this out of desperation and necessity because they can't effectively control supers if they all decide to play for keeps.

*nod nod*

so is my character's backstory okay with her daddy being government scientist playing poke the daughter.

EUREKA SHE CAN DO SO MUCH HEALING HOW DOES IT WORK!

dad i got cheer practice

NO NO DEAR WE GOT THIS ILL JUST PAY THE COACH

dad no

One more vial of blood

Speaking of playing poke the daughter...I would like to change my char concept to her father.

Legit question: what does wealth do in this game?

Nothing concrete. Wealth falls under the purview of the "Benefit" advantage, which is a catchall for vague stuff that may be useful for a character but isn't defined well by game rules. That means wealth comes in handy in situations where the GM thinks it'll come in handy.

Okay...good to know. I might make some edits then. I am at 120 points now, just kinda tweaking things a bit.

We've been quiet for a few days. We have one character sheet; how far along is everyone else? Remember, I can help anyone that needs it.

what is a 'normal' attribute score in this game? I have been trying to work on my character and it is like trying to translate heiroglyphics without the rosetta stone.

That's correct! Unlike D&D or some other games, your attribute score is your bonus with that attribute. So a strength of 1 means you have a +1 on anything involving strength, and as such is considered above average.

If you want help with your character, feel free to PM me with your specific questions.

If you want to leave points unspent for later, you can, but talk to me before you spend them. I'll call BS on anyone saving points just to spend them mid-adventure on something convenient. :) You can also save the points you earn between adventures. This can be useful if you want to save up for something expensive.

Back
Top Bottom