Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Who wants to play Mutants and Masterminds?

Penny

Star
Do you like smut? Do you like Mutants and Masterminds? How about both?

I want to run a Mutants and Masterminds 3E game. PL 8, street level - you're strong, but still operate on a human level. A group of thugs with guns are still dangerous. That said, be as outlandish as you want! Low power shouldn't limit your creativity.

This will probably be a pretty light-hearted game, and I consider myself an easygoing GM, so don't feel like you have to minmax your character. I'll always prefer PCs do something fun and imaginative than feel like they have to go for raw power. That said, this will be a real M&M game with actual adventures, so make sure your character is at least functional.

I want to make this game pretty smutty, but again, it's still going to be a real M&M game. The smut will be weaved into the adventure, not tacked on. If you want your character to be involved in any kinks, try to build them so that their abilities naturally facilitate that. Maybe your character disables enemies by seducing them. Maybe your character's costume isn't immune to your character's fire powers. Maybe your character is really, really into tying people up. It's up to you! Get creative!

If you're interested, leave a post in this thread with a loose character concept and a rundown of the kinks or other elements you'd like to see in the game. This will help me cater the campaign to everyone's tastes! I don't need character sheets yet - we'll worry about that later. And of course, if you have any questions, post in them in this thread!

I'm looking forward to playing with you!

This sounds like a lot of fun. I am currently leaning toward a concept I refer to as "Bronze Man," basically a lower quality power suit, but more athletic user. I need to learn 3e, though, but am all for it. I am relatively vanilla in terms of kinks, but I'm also not the type to be put off by inclusion of other kinks. I am fond of incest RP if any other players are interested in playing a sibling, or if there is a "villain" with whom my char has a complicated relationship.

I am interested. I would like to create a hetro mad scientist hero, smart, an inventer, but a whacky personality who has a female robot sidekick(who will be doing the majority of the fighting). I have way too many kinks to list but relatively few limits. Vore, gore, scat etc are my limits.

I am interested in playing just a veteran beat cop who is honest and hardworking, just got a divorce from his wife and was feeling down and depressed, but a female sexy cop killer showed up and he encountered her and was kidnapped and raped. He survived and sort of wanted more of it even when it seemed dangerous.

Sort of just a basic pudgy cop but with beginners's luck and some how looks attractive and trustworthy to everyone and seems to have a lot of friends and contacts when he needs help.

I would be up to rp some M&M, have an idea for an elastic character, presuming we are doing heroes and what not she would be more of an anti-hero in the sense she does it mostly for money and steals from villains to pay off her expensive life style. She has no day job, the day is for spending money that she either makes or takes from catching villains or saving people/what not. For kinks, the elasticity concept is good for many things, though I honestly don't mind whatever smut we decide to put in. I also don't think in a smut rp limits are really a thing unless everyone or a majority cares since it is a group rp, but meh, not a big deal. I hope this works for your request and that I may join, would be excited for a group rp originating with people off this site

How did I miss this? It has been a while, but I think with a little help that I should be able to get back into playing mutants and masterminds. The biggest reservation that I have, would be that the story turns into one giant smut scene after another and loses the identity of being a mutants and masterminds game. That said, I would be playing a female athlete. Possibly a tennis player specifically, as her power would not be her own but given through a tennis racket. I am not sure how out there it would be to transform (Sailor Moon as an example)? Perhaps that would be something to consider. That is the basic idea of the character at least.

As for kinks, I think the whole vore, scat, gore, and watersports line is a pretty solid no. Heavy bondage has not worked out well for me in the past either. Anything else I tend to at least let it happen once and if it does not work, I will let those involved know about it.

Started reading through the rules, and liking some of the concepts so far

I'd like to either play a character with mind control powers, able to seduce friend and foe alike, or take control in some way. Perhaps by touch or through the mind.

If that isn't a viable option I wouldn't mind playing some kind of shape shifter that could be quite fun. Someone able to work with their power to gain information and perhaps disorient the enemy.

Wow! When I made this thread, I was afraid I wouldn't get more than a couple of responses, but I'm really happy with the interest I've seen so far! At seven people, I think we have enough players to seriously put things in motion. Everyone should probably start working on your character sheets.

Also, I'd like a stronger idea of what everyone would like. I can't read minds, and telling me you're "fine with everything" probably means you're never going to see what you really want. As such, I'd like if everyone could give me at least one example of each of the following:
  • Something they want their character to do during this RP
  • Some superhero action they want to see during the RP
  • A kink they want to indulge in during the RP
I'm also going to reply to everyone's post! Thanks again to everyone that's expressed interest so far!
This sounds like a lot of fun. I am currently leaning toward a concept I refer to as "Bronze Man," basically a lower quality power suit, but more athletic user. I need to learn 3e, though, but am all for it. I am relatively vanilla in terms of kinks, but I'm also not the type to be put off by inclusion of other kinks. I am fond of incest RP if any other players are interested in playing a sibling, or if there is a "villain" with whom my char has a complicated relationship.

Thanks for your interest, kckolbe! I probably don't need to say this, but everyone is free to play Bronze Man's sibling if they want. If not, I can definitely create an NPC to fill that role.
I am interested. I would like to create a hetro mad scientist hero, smart, an inventer, but a whacky personality who has a female robot sidekick(who will be doing the majority of the fighting). I have way too many kinks to list but relatively few limits. Vore, gore, scat etc are my limits.

Thanks for your interest, leestud! Fortunately, M&M is very accommodating of sidekick characters. You say you have too many kinks to list, but can you give me one or two examples of what you'd like to see in the game? It's good to know what to avoid, but I still want to know what I should work towards.
I am interested in playing just a veteran beat cop who is honest and hardworking, just got a divorce from his wife and was feeling down and depressed, but a female sexy cop killer showed up and he encountered her and was kidnapped and raped. He survived and sort of wanted more of it even when it seemed dangerous.

Sort of just a basic pudgy cop but with beginners's luck and some how looks attractive and trustworthy to everyone and seems to have a lot of friends and contacts when he needs help.

Thanks for your interest, mainman! It sounds like your character might be the group's designated charismatic speaker, but don't worry, I'm sure you'll have enough points to help out in the fights, too. We can play out your characters kidnapping and rape if you want, or we can just leave it as part of the backstory. Let me know which one you'd prefer!
I would be up to rp some M&M, have an idea for an elastic character, presuming we are doing heroes and what not she would be more of an anti-hero in the sense she does it mostly for money and steals from villains to pay off her expensive life style. She has no day job, the day is for spending money that she either makes or takes from catching villains or saving people/what not. For kinks, the elasticity concept is good for many things, though I honestly don't mind whatever smut we decide to put in. I also don't think in a smut rp limits are really a thing unless everyone or a majority cares since it is a group rp, but meh, not a big deal. I hope this works for your request and that I may join, would be excited for a group rp originating with people off this site

Thanks for your interest, Terra1234asdf! Should I just call you Terra? I'm glad you mentioned that your character would be in it for the money and stealing from supervillains, because if you hadn't mentioned it, I might not even have thought to provide those opportunities. This shows why it's important that everyone tell me what they want out of this RP! I do think it's important we set limits, if there's anything people really don't want to see. We're all here to have fun, after all!
How did I miss this? It has been a while, but I think with a little help that I should be able to get back into playing mutants and masterminds. The biggest reservation that I have, would be that the story turns into one giant smut scene after another and loses the identity of being a mutants and masterminds game. That said, I would be playing a female athlete. Possibly a tennis player specifically, as her power would not be her own but given through a tennis racket. I am not sure how out there it would be to transform (Sailor Moon as an example)? Perhaps that would be something to consider. That is the basic idea of the character at least.

As for kinks, I think the whole vore, scat, gore, and watersports line is a pretty solid no. Heavy bondage has not worked out well for me in the past either. Anything else I tend to at least let it happen once and if it does not work, I will let those involved know about it.

Thanks for your interest, freeko! I understand your reservation, and don't worry: while there will definitely be room for sex, this will still first and foremost be a Mutants and Masterminds game. If anything, the smut should arise naturally from the story and its superhero action. This is why I recommend that players design characters that naturally incorporate their kinks, so they have their cake and eat it, too.
I wouldnt mind. I love mutants and masterminds. I usually play a healer who heals others just via touch.

Thanks for your interest, Princess Kaylin! I like your character concept, but don't forget to include abilities that will let you do cool things on your own, too, instead of just making it easier for other characters to have fun. Also, think about what kind of superhero or smutty action you'd like to see in the game. I'll do my best to accommodate you, but I need to know what you want!
I'd like to either play a character with mind control powers, able to seduce friend and foe alike, or take control in some way. Perhaps by touch or through the mind.

If that isn't a viable option I wouldn't mind playing some kind of shape shifter that could be quite fun. Someone able to work with their power to gain information and perhaps disorient the enemy.

I had a roleplaying friend that once said shapeshifting and mind reading is the strongest possible power combination, and I agree with him! If you want, we can talk further on the fine details of your character. Let me know what you're interested in!

Last edited:
'm sure you'll have enough points to help out in the fights, too. We can play out your characters kidnapping and rape if you want, or we can just leave it as part of the backstory. Let me know which one you'd prefer!

It can be my background, and a nemesis I'm going after. Don't need to be a badass, just a regular human cop would be good. But perhaps just a strange power that makes me irresistable to women. Especially bad women who can't bear to kill him.

Wow! When I made this thread, I was afraid I wouldn't get more than a couple of responses, but I'm really happy with the interest I've seen so far! At seven people, I think we have enough players to seriously put things in motion. Everyone should probably start working on your character sheets.

Also, I'd like a stronger idea of what everyone would like. I can't read minds, and telling me you're "fine with everything" probably means you're never going to see what you really want. As such, I'd like if everyone could give me at least example of each of the following:
  • Something they want their character to do during this RP
  • Some superhero action they want to see during the RP
  • A kink they want to indulge in during the RP
I'm also going to reply to everyone's post! Thanks again to everyone that's expressed interest so far!

Thanks for your interest, Princess Kaylin! I like your character concept, but don't forget to include abilities that will let you do cool things on your own, too, instead of just making it easier for other characters to have fun. Also, think about what kind of superhero or smutty action you'd like to see in the game. I'll do my best to accommodate you, but I need to know what you want!

Personally I enjoy rping someone who can heal anyone be it good or bad without control.... I also love rping damsels kind of a kink of mine i guess. As for cool things I feel like it would be fun to see her be kind of like a deadpool or guyver type where she can come back from even the smallest of pieces merging together. This means it would be not hard to figure out if you kill her just separate two pieces of her so she can't ever regrow. She would kind of be I figure in a ghost like state if that happens and not be able to help much because she would be literally unable to affect anything.

As for superhero stuff I love My hero academia vigilante and devil is a part timer so anything with that vibe. End of the world sometimes sure but im chill with the down to earth stuff being like local cops and robbers type rp.

@Penny Completely understandable. If we are assuming all 7 are going to be playing, I will respond accordingly.

For what I want to see, I definitely want some time not bashing skulls. mainman and leestud have characters more suited to intrigue and mystery work than just hack and slash, and I am all for that. If we are going with a Marvel tone, I think the whole mutant debates would be very tough (in a good way), since we have a mix of mutants and non-mutants. So I'd like to see that explored. Also, if we do end up joining some government agency, I really hope to see some morality issues come up.

For superhero action, you already kinda mentioned that a group of thugs were a threat to any one of us, and we probably combine to be less powerful than a ground army (even without tanks). So I do hope we get to improve a little. For this power level, though, I'd like to see some kind of advanced criminal organization involved (an easy tie in to @mainman 's concept, being a connected ex-cop).

For kinks, I am all about the teasing stuff. Grinds, gropes, caresses, etc. I already mentioned incest, and I'll add age gaps as well.

I am going to work on the char sheet soon, still figuring it out. For a powersuit, I just buy the powers with the "removable" tag, right? I'm thinking, since @leestud wants to be an inventor, that he can be the one who designed the power suit, with my char half assistant and half guinea pig. Unlike the classic "Iron Man" style suit, this would be more an athletic enhancer with some armor plates tacked on. It wouldn't make him invulnerable by any means (hence the lower quality "Bronze" name).

Something that I want my character to do during this RP is to strike cool poses while spouting nonsense lines while his robot sidekick does most/all of the work. Also to invent a whole bunch of gadgets that he will use in combat to either help his robot sidekick or to actually do something. Because for his offensive weapon, I would really like him to have a guitar case that is actually a rocket launcher that shoots rockets that he shoots while shouting his hero name.

The superhero action I would love to see in the RP is the typical superhero type stuff. Interesting villians, mooks, complicated plans, civilians in danger etc, secret villian lairs, a cool hero headquartes as well as investigations

For kinks I would really like to see induldged in the roleplay is probably some BDSM stuff, incest and mind control ( I really like these two things but no need for my character to partake in them, also a whole load of various sex acts that are MxF.

Also @kckolbe I am fine with my character being the one who designed your powersuit.

2nd Also @mainman @freeko @Terra1234asdf @Princess_Kaylin @Taidon @kckolbe Are any of you interested in pooling some EP for a shared base?

Characters can share the EP cost of a headquarters in order to be able to get a better headquarters than one character can afford to by themselves

Sure! With you handling the inventing of things, I can chip in a couple of points.

I am not opposed to the idea, however there are a few more factors that I think need to be taken into consideration before I commit into it. Mostly it would come down to the other members of the group, as well as how much of a percentage of my EP would get eaten by the headquarters. I want to make my character and get the base of the character established after. Then again, I am starting to blank a bit at this point.

When making my character, what would I use for building them? How much would be set aside for that headquarters?

I do not really care about being super strong, super fast, or anything like that. I do however want to at least be on some manner of equal footing when it comes to the idea of my character belonging with the group. I could just be a little paranoid at this point with somehow screwing up my character, but I would rather put it all out there.

Well freeko one PP can get you 5EP so you can invest as little as 1 PP if you want. Currently the Headquarters I am getting costs 25EP and can comfortably fit up to 8 characters living there which is perfect cause we have 7 pcs and 1 sidekick at the moment. Toughness, 14 Size Large, that has combat simulator, communications, computer, Defense system (still deciding what attack power I should use atm), Fire prevention system, Garage, Gym, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Secret 2, Security System 4 and workshop. I am assuming that anybody chiping in to the cost of the headquarters is provinding only 1PP unless otherwise stated.

Almost done with a first draft, need a melee weapon that wont break with 14 str. Not sure where to find that

Personally I enjoy rping someone who can heal anyone be it good or bad without control.... I also love rping damsels kind of a kink of mine i guess. As for cool things I feel like it would be fun to see her be kind of like a deadpool or guyver type where she can come back from even the smallest of pieces merging together. This means it would be not hard to figure out if you kill her just separate two pieces of her so she can't ever regrow. She would kind of be I figure in a ghost like state if that happens and not be able to help much because she would be literally unable to affect anything.

That sounds like a combination of healing, regeneration, and resurrection powers. Very useful if you want to keep yourself and others from being killed! Playing a damsel in distress might be more difficult because the game isn't really designed to make players feel helpless, but I'm sure we can find a way to make it work. Luckily, the regeneration will make it easier for your character to be victimized at the start of an adventure and still contribute later on.
Glad to hear you are open for the idea Penny! What is the next step towards the rp?

The next step is probably to create the OOC and character threads in the System Roleplays section, then the actual roleplay thread once everyone is ready to start. We're still hashing out the details and I don't think anyone's character sheets are ready yet, though, so we probably shouldn't make those threads yet.
For what I want to see, I definitely want some time not bashing skulls. mainman and leestud have characters more suited to intrigue and mystery work than just hack and slash, and I am all for that. If we are going with a Marvel tone, I think the whole mutant debates would be very tough (in a good way), since we have a mix of mutants and non-mutants. So I'd like to see that explored. Also, if we do end up joining some government agency, I really hope to see some morality issues come up.

For superhero action, you already kinda mentioned that a group of thugs were a threat to any one of us, and we probably combine to be less powerful than a ground army (even without tanks). So I do hope we get to improve a little. For this power level, though, I'd like to see some kind of advanced criminal organization involved (an easy tie in to @mainman 's concept, being a connected ex-cop).

I am going to work on the char sheet soon, still figuring it out. For a powersuit, I just buy the powers with the "removable" tag, right? I'm thinking, since @leestud wants to be an inventor, that he can be the one who designed the power suit, with my char half assistant and half guinea pig. Unlike the classic "Iron Man" style suit, this would be more an athletic enhancer with some armor plates tacked on. It wouldn't make him invulnerable by any means (hence the lower quality "Bronze" name).

Don't worry, we spend all the time fighting. I expect to include plenty of investigative stuff, too. Superpowered person debates will probably come up sooner or later as well, but it might not be in the spotlight right away.

Power levels may rise during the game, but we'll see how comfortable everyone is with that before we make any drastic changes.

There won't be any Marvel or DC superheroes in this universe, so there's no Iron Man running around. Your character can still be named Bronze Man, of course, but it should have in-character reasons, not directly modeled after Iron Man.
Something that I want my character to do during this RP is to strike cool poses while spouting nonsense lines while his robot sidekick does most/all of the work. Also to invent a whole bunch of gadgets that he will use in combat to either help his robot sidekick or to actually do something. Because for his offensive weapon, I would really like him to have a guitar case that is actually a rocket launcher that shoots rockets that he shoots while shouting his hero name.

The superhero action I would love to see in the RP is the typical superhero type stuff. Interesting villians, mooks, complicated plans, civilians in danger etc, secret villian lairs, a cool hero headquartes as well as investigations

Mutants and Masterminds has rules for sidekicks, so it can definitely do what you're describing. Let me know if you want me to help you realize that concept. I plan to include plenty of superhero-type stuff - this game might be relatively low power, but it should still be wild and fantastic.
Penny, do we all have to be apart of the same group at the start of the rp?

Not necessarily. Some or all of you can be strangers to each other if you'd like. Of course, if you want to know each other beforehand, that's fine too.
When making my character, what would I use for building them? How much would be set aside for that headquarters?

I do not really care about being super strong, super fast, or anything like that. I do however want to at least be on some manner of equal footing when it comes to the idea of my character belonging with the group. I could just be a little paranoid at this point with somehow screwing up my character, but I would rather put it all out there.

Headquarters are considered equipment, and equipment is pretty cheap. You probably won't need to kick more than a few points in. Also, Mutants and Masterminds is very flexible and I think I'm a pretty easygoing GM, so don't worry, I'm sure we can keep you on an equal footing.
Sort of like my character to have this type of luck .

Mutants and Masterminds has some character features that model "good luck" pretty well. Also, its design standpoint is usually to establish the mechanics and then give them whatever description you want: you could give him a great dodge score and just say he's lucky instead of incredibly agile, for example.
Almost done with a first draft, need a melee weapon that wont break with 14 str. Not sure where to find that

Remember that this is a PL 8 game. That means that skills (including strength bonuses) are capped at +18 and that attack and damage bonuses can't total more than 16. STR 14 is extremely high and would require your character to be extremely inaccurate to stay within the rules, and most weapons would push him over the limit even he had no attack bonus at all. Are you sure your character needs that much strength?

Back
Top Bottom