Welcome to Atlantis Academy! (Lia && Chokuro)

He sat silently next to the other, not minding their hands being together. Actually, he had not really noticed that they were connected. He had been looking outside, never having been in Texas before. He was only pulled back when he heard the other beside him speak. He turned, crimson eyes staying to the man and he nodded a little bit. "It's fine. Honest ... I'd be stressed too." He stated and gave a little smile before turning to look out the window once more. He really did not know why he was being so calm right now. He did not do well around injured people and death and things like that. He was awkward. He always tried to make things better, but wound up saying the wrong things - hence why he was not talking all that much.​

Bae didn't really mind the silence. He'd missed Texas and he, too, was content to watch the scenery of the desert fly by. It also meant that he could ignore Lissy's glares in the rear view mirror. The bartender knew that bringing a guy home in this situation would stir shit, but he hadn't cared at the time. He needed the support that Bart was offering, even if Lissy and his family couldn't understand that.

They arrived at the hospital thirty minutes later and Bart's presence was forgotten by Lissy in lieu of rushing Bae upstairs to see his father. The man looked terrible: tubes coming out of every hole, a breathing machine, bandages on his head, cast on his elevated leg and on his arm... Bae could barely stand to look and he gripped Bart's hand a bit more tightly.

Bartholomew did not fully realize they had stopped before he was dragged out and instantly into the elevator. He sighed softly, remained silent and just watching the numbers go up. He would be there for Bae until he was sure that he was fine. He had actually planned to wait outside - not knowing the man or anything - but the man attached to him refused to let go. He stayed beside him, looking over the man in the bed and feeling so horrible. He could not even imagine his Father in a condition like this. Suuure, his father was a Lycan as well and therefore would not ever really be in this condition. He looked over the man a little before he trailed his thumb along the back of the other's hand, trying to help him stay calm. His eyes on the other hand kept to the broken leg, not feeling it was his place to really look on the injured man.​

Very slowly, Bae let go of Bart's hand and moved forward. He reached out to touch his father's, eyes closing as the images flashed before him. His father had passed his abilities to his son, though slightly watered down. Bae saw the accident in a flash, and he shuddered as the image passed before him. There were other images, too, and his father's voice. He knew that, eventually, the man would be okay. But that knowledge didn't help him to see his father the way that he currently was.

Lissy watched, knowing what was happening and wishing that she had the same abilities. Her psychic powers were so week that the images her father passed to her were only flashes of bright light. No sound, no true images to make out... Sometimes she was jealous of her brother.

Minutes later, Bae let go of his father and turned to Lissy. "It was bad, Liss. Blind sided, into a ditch and rolled."

"It was a hit and run."

Bae nodded. "B6R-45T." His sister nodded at the license plate number as she wrote it down.

"Sit with him. I'll go call." He nodded and sat down on the chair next to his father's bed, nearly forgetting Bart's presence.

Bartholomew looked over at the man, watching him and he then glanced to the man on the bed before back to the other once more. He listened silently to the two and figured that he must have some sort of premonition power or somethign of that sort. He kept to where he was and when the girl left, he turned to do so too. It was not like Bailey even realized he was there at the moment. He would go, sit in the hall, until the man was ready or needed him ... or something.

So, kissing the other's cheek, he began to make his way toward the door, planning to go sit on the ground.​

The kiss to his cheek drew the man out of his stupor for a moment. Looking up, Bae smiled and caught the other's hand, pulling him down to press a kiss to his lips. "Thank you. Really-it means a lot to me." With another kiss, the bartender let go of the hand. The man had been on his way out and he didn't want to keep the other there if he was uncomfortable.

Lissy returned ten minutes later, and Bae stood up, taking the keys. "We have to go drop our stuff off and shower. I'll be back. Bart... Well, that's up to him." He pecked a kiss to his sister's cheek, who was still growling from the mention of the man who shouldn't be there in her opinion and left. "C'mon, lover. We'll go drop our stuff off and get cleaned up."

Bartholomew did go to sit outside. He really felt bad if he stayed, so he would keep to himself out here. His sister obviously did not like him, so he did not want to be in there when she would be even more upset. He perked up when Bae was at his side again. Pushing his form up from the ground, he brushed off his rump and nodded. "Allright." He said simplistically, taking his hand again and beginning to head toward the exit - letting him lead frmo there.​

His parent's house was not far from the hospital. In fact, that was one of the main reasons his mother had insisted on buying it about ten years ago. She'd passed away nearly two years ago, but his father and Lissy still lived there. "I'm sorry about Lissy. She's not used to me with...friends. Guys, partners, fuck buddies... Not friends. I don't think she's capable of seeing you as one." He wanted to add "not yet" but didn't want to presume anything of their odd (or, odd for them) relationship.

Pulling into the ranch style house, Bae lead the way through to his room. It was large enough, brightly light with the natural light, with a sandy and green color scheme. The bed was a queen sized bed-a little smaller than the one in Utah, but it would do. "We don't have an extra room so... You're rooming with me." Not that he thought that would be a problem. "Bathroom is down the hall. Make yourself at home. I'm planning on heading back, but if you don't want to go then I can direct you to...well, desert, actually."

Bartholomew followed the other into the house, smiling lightly as he did so. He walked up into his room, placing his suitcase off to the side and he looked aroudn before once more his eyes found the other. "I'm okay either way." he stated with a little shrug of his shoulders. He made his way to the bed, sitting on the edge and he looked over at Bailey, smiling a little more. "Do you want me up there with you, or do you just want family? I can occupy myself well enough." He did not want to soudn pushy or aparthetic toward the man. He cared about him but he did not want to overstep any boundries. Their relationship definitely was strange, so he was not sure where he would most be needed.​

He thought. Bart's presence had helped calm him at the hospital, but it had been very easy to see the discomfort that the other man felt. Bae, for once, decided to not be selfish. "Take a nap, or hang around. It's okay. I'll come get you for dinner?" His plan was to stay until dinner and then not to return until the morning. There was nothing he could do by sitting there and staring at him-it would only be torture, even though Lissy would likely torture him for leaving for the night. Leaning down, Bae kissed the other man before moving to get clothes. "I'm gonna shower."

The man nodded to the other, watching him head to the shower and he debated to join him or not. He thought for a whiel before shaking his head. Now was not the time. So, he pushed off his shoes and pretty much stripped down to his boxers and slid into the bed with a little groan. He was more tired than he had thought initially. He definitely needed a nap. He would shower when he got up, made sure he was all pretty for when he came back.​

His shower was quick. Bae dressed, checked on Bart and then left for the hospital again. He was confident that his guest would find anything and everything he needed when he woke up, but he left a note with his cell number just in case. The bartender couldn't explain why he was grateful that he didn't hear from the other during his visit, but it was nice to have some quiet time with his father.

Bae returned home, expecting to find Bart up and awake and dressed-it was nearing seven after all-so he was a little surprised to find him still in bed. Grinning, the dark haired man kicked off his shoes and climbed into the bed, under the covers, and placed cold hands to the middle of the other man's back.

The man was far more tired than he realized. He had been working a lot. He had stayed up quite late last night. He was just all around tuckered out and apparently, Bae's bed was more comfortable than he gave him credit for. He slept silently and peacefully until the other came home. And even past all the noises the other made entering the house. The thing that shocked him awake was the feeling of somethign cold pressed to his back. He let out a little yelp and his back arched forward and away - eyes wide. He turned his head to look at the other, grumbling as he did so. "You suck." he mumb led, turning onto his other side to face the man. Leaning forward, he rested his forehead against his, sighing contently.​

"I could have put them down your boxers," he countered with a playful smirk. The bartender scooted close and laid there for several minutes like that. "Get showered. We'll go out." The suggestion was a soft nudge, and even Bae didn't move to get up or encourage the other man to get up, either, even though he chuckled a little. "Just think-we can actually dance together instead of you teasing the fuck out of me from afar." He pecked a little kiss to Bart's lips. Payback could be a bitch, though. He smirked at that thought.

"True." he murmured and then nuzzled into the other a little bit while he listened to his words. Shower, dinner, then dance ... It would be quite nice. He chuckled at the man's words, grinning as he did so. "You noticed that, huh?" He teased, kissing his lips softly before he slid out of the bed. He grumbled, not really awnting to, but sucked it up as he trudged toward his suitcase, taking out some clothing to change into. "Be back." He called over and blew a kiss before hopping toward the shower to get ready.​

Nodding, Bae got up and made the bed while he waited for the other to get ready. He groaned a little to himself when he saw Bart, but recovered quickly. "Will it be weird to not be my waiter?" he teased as they drove, Bae choosing one of the better steak houses near his home. "Or being waited on?"

They were shown to a table for two and ordered. "So. I know nothing about you and yet I've already brought you to meet my family. What do you do when you're not working and fucking?" Why beat around the bush?

Bartholomew sat across from the man, his fingers laced and resting upon the table. He listened to his question and shrugged his shoulders a little. "I attend Atlantis half time ... and college the other half. My parents are only paying for Atlantis and since I want to actually become an engineer, I do not think a degree from Atlantis. would souly work." He laughed softly, batting a hand absently in the air as if the conversation meant little.​

Nodding, Bae took in the information. He didn't attend Atlantis himself, but its students made up a good deal of the bar's clientel. "I don't have the abilities to go to Atlantis. Not that I really wanted to." Well, he supposed that somewhere deep down he must have, otherwise he wouldn't have moved to Utah, but his heart wasn't in it completely. "And your career in dancing?" he teased just as their food came. The waiter gave him an odd look, but Bae simply stuck his tongue out at her. It wasn't her business what they were talking about.

He shrugged a little bit. "Eh. I don't really need to go there, I just wanted to find a place I fit in outside of family." He admitted with another little shrug. He took the plate, tugging it toward him a little and then glanced up to the woman. A single raven brow crooked into the air as he waited for her to leave. He then turned his attention back to the other. "My Grandfather, apparently." He stated, thinking for a while and he smiled. "I do not know him ... But Grandma always tells me stories about him dancing and how 'good his hips were'. Her and Vyktir ... Vyktir makes everything ... weird though." He shuddered at the thought before looking back over to him. "You know, my parents were actually ravers in their day ... I suppose I get a little from them too."​

Dinner was nice. Dancing was a blast. The sex was just as intense. Bae felt a little weird expecting Bart to stay the night-it'd been forever (literally) since he'd had a boyfriend...not that Bart was his boyfriend. But the act felt like it. Still, the bartender was very comfortable to curl up to the other man, fast asleep before he even realized that he'd curled up so close to him.

The next few days were hard. Bae had to split his time between the hospital and Bart. He knew that Bart didn't like to be at the hospital, and it was understandable, but Bae always felt bad leaving him at home. It was on the eighth day that his dad woke up. The dark haired man was nearly in tears when it happened. It made it easier to know that they'd be returning to Utah in two days.

Returning home hours later, Bae moved through the house to find Bart. When he found him, the bartender took a running leap into his arms, wrapping his legs around his waist and hugging him tightly. "Thank you."

Bartholomew was glad to support hte other. He did not want him upset or to cry or anything like that, so he was more than happy to be there. Sure, sticking in the house was boring after a while, but it was better than nasty looks from his sister and feeling uncomfortable. He did not know the man and he definitely did not want to be there when he woke up. He did not know if his reaction to him being there would be the same as Lissy's or not. He did not want that to happen. No giving the man a heart attack on top of all the other things.

He was just heading down to get a drink when there was suddenly ... someone atached to him. He blinked a few times, holding the other and he looked down at the man he held. "You're welcome ... What'd I do?"​

Pulling back just enough to look at him, Bae pressed a little kiss to his lips. "You were here for me even though Lissy and the situation made it difficult." Slowly, he detached himself from the other man, though he still hugged him. "Dad woke up." The fact that he knew that it would happen didn't mean that he was any less happy about it.

The last two days in Texas were much easier than the previous eight, and the flight home was a lot easier, too. The bartender dropped Bart off at his own apartment with a peck to his lips. "Don't forget to come visit me at work, kay?" he teased, batting his eyelashes a little. Laughing, Bae gave the other man another kiss before turning to leave. He felt grimey and wanted to shower and unpack and then crawl into bed for the next two days before having to work again.

A few days passed. Bartholomew went back to work. Bae went back to work, and after the few days apart, he definitely wanted to play with his little bartender. he got dolled up - tight purple leather pants, black vest to his torso, and only the vest, and half his hair pulled back into a clip at the back of his head. He continued toward the bar, doing his normal routine. Flirting it up with Bae, telling him to make his drink a surprise, dancing and teasing the tender from afar. Yep, he definitely loved that idea.

Once three o'clock hit, he was outside and waiting. Before anything else could happen, such as the cutie coming out from the club, a raven haired man, an inch or so taller than Bartholomew, strolled up with an annoyed look to his emerald eyes. He stopped in front of the duo-colored man. Instantly, the two were in quite the discussion.​

It was nice to be back in their old routine. Bae had been waiting for Bart to show up at the club after their trip, and he didn't have to wait long. The bartender played the game they were both accustomed to playing. When three fifteen hit, he rushed out of work, whether everything was done or not. He was missing precious moments of wonderful sex to sweep a floor? Nope!

Bae skidded to a halt when he saw another man with Bart. An eyebrow cocked. What would someone have to talk about at quarter after three in the morning, outside a bar on a dark side street? Moving over to his friend, the dark haired man slid in to kiss the other's cheek, letting him know that he was there.

Bartholomew growled a few times under his breath, glaring at the man in front of him. He grumbled a bit and eased up, though, once there was a kiss to his cheek. He turned to look at Bailey, smiling lightly. "Hey." He said in greeting, hoping the man in front of him would go away.

He didn't.

All he did was stare at Bartholomew and the other man with utter curiosity. "This is new for you, isn't it?" He said, his tone a little peeved at the other.

The slightly shorter male could only fume as he continued to glare at the other.

They were not a trio for long as a woman with quite the lovely curves, sparkling green eyes, and red hair with black streaks [the opposite of Bartholomew's hair] came to join the others. She sighed heavily, her hand on her hip, obviously a bit miffed. "Lance. Don't be mean." She stated, looking at the man before looking back to Bartholomew. "And Mew, stop glaring at your Father." She folded her arms over her well-toned torso, her eyes staring down those crimson hues of her child's before he managed a mumbled 'sorry' to the ravenette beside her. "Good." She said, her attention back to the man she did not know next to her son and then once more her eyes returned to Bartholomew. "We just want to know where you went, why you threw out your Grandparents' name ... You rarely do that so we were concerned. Lance just cannot process his emotions properly."

He sighed heavily, his hand tightening on Bailey's hand. "Lee's father got in an accident so I went with him to support him and I used Grandpa's name because we got on the quickest flight out there. I'm sorry I did not call you." He grmbled, hating how easily he answered his mother.​

Back
Top Bottom