Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

GuardianAngel-Twist and shout-Fluffy

Doc said nothing as the Twin put the coat back, went back to pulling off Boots. He let the warmed man keep hold of Blaire, just in range of the fire, but not instantly near it. No matter how bad you might feel being cold then instantly hot wasn't good for the body system.
It didnt help that they all shivered as the other one and Justin kicked in the door; Matt's beastial form carried between then. "He's lost a lot of color, Doc. Odd to say cause he's black- but he's gone grey." Justin awoke the other two in the room and they slid aside to let them have a lot of room by the tiny heater.
Good thing before they went out the demon supplied them with a bunch of fuel.

Blaire just watched for a moment in time although she didn't say anything, just took to sitting up more, although didn't really fight against the person that was holding onto her at that point in time. Nope she totally figure that once they got back they were all going to be miserable and suffering from the worse damn colds ever. God she hoped that this shit was worth it.
Blaire was looking up as the door was flying open and in came the other twin along with Justin and Matt. Oh good they had all made it back safely.
And how she hoped that their target was dead... or had at least been hit and was dying. She honestly had no way of telling. And now she wanted to talk to Doc and the twin that did know her secret, and make sure that it did stay a secret. Perhaps she would eventually explain everything, although who knew for sure.
Blaire was the daughter of a former army general, a great general actually. Although she didn't think that he would exactly have called her joining an all supernatural group. Hell she hadn't even been seeing that happening. Sure they tried to keep it mixed, although usually there was an equal mix. But whatever she wasn't going to argue it at all.

While the two should care about her being a woman on the team; it didnt faze them. Sure there were woman in the army her- mostly building or paper work. But one had to remember the guile that woman had on a mostly male army... in and out. No, Doc didnt care- he had the Princess Bellae; Rue had his brother... or was it Markus? No, these two cared not. The only problem might be Todd, little lech he was...

It took a long time of silence, back rubbing and body flipping to get a lick of color back in the beast, longer still for a single claw to move and the wanting buzz of the minds to come back online. But other then the buzz, that's all that happened.

Blaire just sat by the heater and watched, although eventually she took back to just curling up on the ground. Nothing else to do at that point in time. Nope they weren't going anywhere anytime soon. Not with the storm raging outside. And it was only getting worse. And colder outside, but they were safe enough inside. Well safer inside than what they would be outside. And at least Matt was getting color back... well going from more of that gray color back to black. And there was that familiar buzzing that she had eventually grown use to.

~Freezing sucks.~ were the first two and only two words the demon muttered for the rest of the day. Though he looked better, he was very mush a popsicle in the inside and it was taking a lot of energy to heal it all up. On top of that, he supplied the group with another fuel tank, and some MREs that they could eat. Who knew when the next pick up was in this mess of white.

Screw all of this damn cold. It was going to be wonderful when they could finally leave the winter hellhole. Yet again they could have been in the middle of a damn desert, during a sandstorm. That would have been just as worse, possibly even worse. Who actually knew. ~I hope it was worth it.~ was all Blaire could mumble mentally.

~Not having to deal with that traitor any more is the blessing everyone wanted.~ Doc wiped his nose with a sheet from his bag, it was still cold in here with that wind. Let the man for here in the cold.

It was a full day and a half of this pounding snow, only then did it slow... Stopping the next morning with enough time to have a Helijumper come collect them.
The gang was fine for the most part, basic sniffles.. Except Matt. He regained most of his color and gifts but he still looked a right mess; spines low and magic depleting fast. No human form for him as they pulled him up like a dog getting in to a car. "Heavy bastard, aren't ya." A pilot grunted out as he tried to help.
" When we get back, Matt.... I know you don't feel up to it eithe, Winters, but you need a refill fast. " Justin grunted out as the twins carried Blair out on an emergency flat board that the jumper had. Hey, it was better to keep the human from touching the snow.

It felt like it was taking forever but eventually the helijumper came to collect them, when the storm actually seemed to let up some. Never again did she want to go anywhere with fucking snow, especially not in this kind of weather. Yet again she was still musing over the traitor comment that Doc had made a few nights back, although she wasn't going to question about it.
Blaire had actually been curled up asleep when the helijumper had arrived, and was only partially awake when it was actually time to leave the place. Sniffles.... yeah... she wasn't going to be surprised if this turned into god damn pneumonia, which would honestly be just her luck.
She was looking towards Justin at the mention of a refill which just had her giving a lazy thumbs up from where she was at. Evidently she was being carried out of the flatboard instead of walking through the snow like the others. And she really hadn't had much of a say in the matter at all, it had just kind of happened.

Once settled, it was good they left; the storm kicking up again worse. After they were gone, their hut collapsed from weight of snow, any one inside would have been injured.
Sure they'd Heal, well, everyone but Blaire.

The ride back was rocky air but not long. Back at their home base, all the soldiers got flu shots. Doc took care to stay close to Winters, providing more blankets with out asking her. He would inquire later how she got to the front line, but for now was keeping her secret.
The twins with their sniffles rushed to her room to grab an outfit...sneezes withheld until out of the room.
Justin, Todd and Alex heading right back to their rooms and locking doors, if they only were there, no one else would get sick.

Matt however, was a sluggish mess. Once off the Jumper, he dropped down to be in to another pump of flesh. Sure he had color, but he wasn't well. And being so out of it, allowed a forklift to pick him up off the cold runway and place his body just inside a warmer hanger.

Thankfully the flight home didn't take super long, and Blaire was more than warm during the flight. Thanks to Doc who just seemed to be providing more blankets. Fine by her. She could already feel herself getting sick, the sniffles being the huge indication at that point.
When they did get back they were all getting flu shots and Blaire just sat on one of the beds in the infirmary while the twins took to running to her room to get her an outfit. Well this was definitely going to be interesting to say the least. She was sure that eventually she would end up having to have a discussion with Doc and the twins about her true identity. Not like she had lied about any of her information, the only false thing in her information was her gender. Otherwise everything else was true.
Name, birthdate, blood type, all of that was all true.

Blaire was just looking for a moment before she spoke, "When Justin mentioned Matt needing a refill, I'm assuming going back to that place." The only other person at that point in time was Doc so she was free to speak about it, had there been anybody else there she probably would have worded it differently. "You look like you have a question." she added after a moment in time, hiding a cough in her elbow.

"Yes, he does. I don't know if he even has energy to get you two there. He is a lump on the hanger floor. " Doc answered the girl, took her arm and checked her pulse.
As the twins entered, both had that look on their face, the "I-have-to-sneeze" sour face before doing so in to their elbows but still managed to deposit the clothes before hand. A brave young lady nurse tisked her was over with a spray bottle of disinfectant, getting the twins and room and the clothes. She so didn't want this speading.

"Matt got lifted by a forklift, Doc; hes going down hard and fast... We need to get him back towards his crystals...." One said fast as he finished a call, toes agitatedly tapping under his pajama bottoms. Yes they changed but came right back to deliver items and news.

Blaire was giving a nod of her head and just held out her arm so that he could take her pulse, not like it bothered her at all. Nope just part of the routine. Her eyes did flicker towards the twins as they came back and was thanking them for the clothes then looked at the lady nurse. Disinfectant spraying it looked like. Yeah this was going to suck if it started to spread, already the miserableness was a thing.

She looked over at the mention of Matt getting lifted by a forklift before she inquired, "Is there any other way to get him there without him having to do it?" No she would be more than willing to go with him. While going there had her a bit spooked, it didn't seem like the creatures there really gave her a second look.

Doc looked down to the woman before turning to the nurse and sending her out of the room. "There is, but it is a three day helijumper ride to the other side of the continent. Sure, Matts awake; but I dont know if he'd make the ride well." Doc leaned her forward to take in her breathing from her back. "But we can ask him when you get dressed." he continued, leaving her alone. "Just dont take to long, we dont know how long the demon can last."

Blaire just looked towards Doc for a moment and then noticed that they were alone. "My father helped, to answer your unasked question. My father was Gregory Winters, a top notch general until he was killed in action two years ago. He is the one that helped me get through everything, to get to where I am today. And since he death, I've been taking care of it myself." It did help that when there were physical exams, she went to the one person that did know her secret, the one person that was bound to secrecy to her deceased father.

"A question I didn't and wasn't going to ask." The Bull turned his face to look at her, a flicker of glamour faded away and the bull's face flared his nose at a snort. "This is not my team, It is Justins, so its his call wether or not to push you out.... and even if he did, it probably wouldn't be addressed until a year later. So keep that detail to your self, cause I don't think he even registered it over the snow and cold." A gentle hand to her shoulder in a pat to tell her she was all good. "Slow and steady, keep yourself heated for a while... but lets get you to Matt. And dont even mention it. He'll get all wonky about it... Too precious or something to be on the front lines." a wacky hand wave with his smile.
He led the still cold cored Winters over to the hanger the twins had told them about; quick steps up to the shipping container that the forklift; oh so funny, man...not; stuck him up on.

((sorry that took so long, I had a busy week)... did we have any others??)

Blaire looked towards the man for a brief moment in time before she spoke, "I don't plan on letting anybody else know, not unless it is absolutely necessary. I may be a woman but I'm good at my job regardless." With that she was just following after him so that they could find where Matt was at. She figured that the sooner they helped Matt, the better off they would be. "I don't think anybody knows other than yourself and either one of the twins, or both of the twins." she commented in a low voice, as they were walking before letting it drop.

Matt was still a lump of flesh but he twisted his head just enough to see them, Doc patting his rump. ~You need energy, Matt. Blaire is here to let you get in. Take a Crystal this time.~ He almost ordered the demon, whom barely flopped a tail. ~He's fine by the way, but you absorb heat; next time dont lay on top of him.~ Having said that he left the two on their own.

A weak claw shifted beneath his bulk, for one that is great in the heat and on any normal day, he looked like a frail old panther- of which Todd stuck his head up over the top of the containers. He had come out of his room to get a floor fan from storage. ~Hey you two.... so... going to get him fixed?~ the black things fur was slick, even though he felt sick too.

"Not like I tried to." Blaire mumbled after a moment in time, just folding her arms across her chest in a rather annoyed manner but she was looking towards the demon for a brief moment in time. It wasn't long before she was turning her attention towards Todd when he came into the room as well, and was asking if they were going to get the demon fixed. "Yes." was all she said at that point in time before she was just looking up at Matt, although she was wondering about the crystal that Doc had mentioned.

The weight of the form of his and the demon 'slopped' off the containers height, un caught due to his suddeness. He barely stood as Doc yanked the girl over to the demon and shoved her palm on his shoulder.
Being left behind was normal for the bull as the black beast took his soldier with what little energy was left in him and dropped promptly to the stone walk way in front of the guards. Though they raised spines and heads in shock to seeing the beast in such bad shape, they conversed quickly and hooked teeth in his wrists. ~Handler, you hear us? You need hurry forth, same path as last time- clear energy room. We will move for a queen.~ One turned his multiple eyes to the soldier that had come with the shunned one. ~Hurry hurry.~

Blaire was definitely a bit shocked by everything that had happened and soon enough they were dropping into the other world, falling onto the stone walk way. Thankfully she was able to catch her balance, and was just looking towards the other demons that were there. Man was she a bit spooked especially considering Matt was definitely out of it. He was being grabbed by the other demons and then she was looking up as one of them spoke to her. "Yes, I do." Blaire spoke after a moment in time and was nodding her head before she was going off. Good thing she remembered that path, despite only being there once. Although she was a bit curious about the strange we will move for a queen comment.

Many snouts shifted their way's around the many holes in these web like structures, watching then retreating at her gait. She was only stopped by one member though. A large horse sized demon stood at the entrance to the room she needed. ~Human. You need explain. Why should I let you in my chambers?~ it spoke with a hiss and a rattle to the golden spines that ran down her back. The Queen. All other beasts here were jet black- her form the only one with color, a sign of royalty from birth. Her whip like tail in constant movement behind her as she stood guard to the energy room. Yes the Hive here was a buzz with words that the guards were dragging the shunned one this way, did not mean she wanted him in her crystals.

Claws tapped in wait for the humans answer, their plinking noise sending ripples over the hive stones like magic water. The magics humming causing many watchers to shake their heads in pain and retreat to their holes.

Blaire continued through the place just heading towards where they needed to go, only to find herself stopped by a large demon. A golden demon. Evidently this was the queen and she seemed to be wondering why she wanted to be let into the chamber. This had Blaire looking up towards the demon before she spoke, "I came here as handler for my companion. I have come here with him so that he could recharge. As soon as that is done, we shall be gone and out of your hair." Some how she was keeping her nervousness at bay, at least somewhat. Or she was attempting to anyways.

~Human. That beast should be banned, yet keeps coming back.... and we allow him to only because he follows me still as queen.~ Her now teeth bared maw was in her face, dripping with venom. There were different kinds of her species with different abilities; hers and Matt's only differed in her status. Her gold tail twitched now by the humans throat. ~Why should I allow you through if he is listening to a new queen?~ rearing up to be on her back claws, she towered over the human before her as her guards that were dragging the shunned one came up on them. ~Convince me why, now human, why I should let a traitor in here to live?~

Blaire just looked up at the demon for a moment in time, although somehow she seemed unafraid at that point in time. She had no idea why she wasn't feeling afraid, although she was sure that the moment they got back she would end up falling victim to it.
"Because you are suppose to be a queen, you are suppose to take care of your people. You allow him because he still follows you, and he hasn't deterred away from that, just because he joined the humans. The races can co-exist with one another, if people actually bother to try." Blaire spoke after a moment in time before she was mumbling that there was no other queen that he followed.

"And who is this new queen you are so convinced he is listening to. The only females I know that he has been around has been the girlfriend to one of the others in our group, a few random ones at a gala when he was mingling, and the nurses. But none of them that he takes orders from." Blaire spoke, although she was just looking at this queen.

~You.~ the magic in the stones buzzing loudly enough now that the guards whined, dropped the injured one and retreated.
Claws scratched at the web like stones to get the queens attention; not intentionally. He was trying to stand again, being even this close to the stones mad him feel a tiny bit better.
She ruled with strength, Blaire ruled with her knowledge. Of which, when he did get to his feet, Matt took a wobbly few steps to get between them- maw dripping in his panting. He hurt all over, having died to the freezing cold but coming back like they would. His Blaire though was his queen, always felt but not told to be true as he had been protecting her from day one.

The queen though pissy did not attack either of them, allowing the in pain demon to stay standing long enough to prove her point.
~Fine. But you dont ever come back.~ her voice full of menace as the shunned now banned one dragged his claws forward to the room.
~And Human. You better be prepared. Im cutting this link off to him. He WILL make you a queen, regardless of your opinions.~

Back
Top Bottom