Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

「σανγυινε 」|| 1x1 with DarkMudkip ||

"Ren! Please, listen, it's ok!"
"What the hell is all the screaming?" Motochika growled. Nobu glared and nudged his head.
"Hold him down, I need to sedate him." He said and Motochika took Nobu's place as the doctor grabbed a nearby sedative and filled a syringe. He moved back and injected it into Ren's still attached arm, though those threads were threatening to give too.

Motochika could feel how hard Ren was fighting, blood coming from every part of him that was stitched, the gauze protecting his eyes soaking up with blood and tears. “Please..! Please, let me go..!” His voice cracked as the drugs started to work, his struggling becoming less and less. “Please, no more..! I can’t take anymore..!” He slowly slumped back against the table, still begging and pleading for forgiveness, even as he started to drift into unconsciousness.

Nobu was shaking as he moved back, Motochika letting up on Ren once he settled down.
"G-God..." Nobu muttered numbly. Motochika made a noise and opted to leave, forcing Nobu to reattach Ren's arm.

Ren has regained consciousness, but it was clear his mental capacity was not at its best. The trauma and stress was more than likely keeping him in such a deranged state, and as for how long he would be in it, or if it would be permanent, wasn’t clear. For the time being, it gave his body time to rest and heal without movement, sedated and fed intravenously. What had Ren endured? And for what? What information had he gotten that was so important it nearly killed him? Would he even remember it?

Nobu did all that he could to keep Ren calm while he was in the inbetween of lucidity and unconsciousness. He brushed his hair and made sure he was clean, pain sweats were awful and he knew Ren wouldn't want to marinade like that. He kept drinking, in fact it became even heavier. He would have to ask Motochika if he had talked to the coucil yet.

Ren looked like he was in constant pain- and he was. Reconnecting nerves in a severed limb was one thing, but reconnecting such a large amount of nerves all at once, it was agony. He was already burning through Nobu’s blood supply faster than he could replenish it, and he would only need more. His lucid moments were improving, but he could still see the panic on Ren’s face when was awake.

He did his best to keep the environment calm when Ren was cognitive, not wanting to send him flying into a panic. He tried to keep his pain managed too, ignoring the fact that the blood packs were running lower and lower.

Ren’s healing was coming along nicely, slowly, but nicely, but he was also burning through blood bags faster than Nobu could replace them. He needed them for his wounds though, and with the wounds having been inflicted with silver, it would require more for a low blood like Ren to heal.

"How's it coming?" Motochika asked as he came in. Nobu turned his head, eyes unfocused from the booze.
"Slow." He slurred, "But it's going." He flopped his head back to watch Ren and Motochika scowled.
"I saw you had a resupply request."
"Yeah, he's taking a lot of blood to heal." Nobu said, "But that's ok..."
"It isn't. Blood is money, and I'm losing it."
"Whaddu want me to do? Huh?" Nobu swirved back, glaring heavily, "He needs it to heal."
"I need it to feed other employees. If he doesn't improve any more than he has now, kill him."
"No!" Nobu got angry and defensive, "I won't!"
"Then speed it up." Motochika hissed and left.

Over the next few days, Ren regained consciousness as well as mental stability, able to mumble somewhat coherent sentences to questions Nobu asked him.
“M’legs hurt... but they’re numb too... I don’ think I can move my toes yet though...” He mumbled, the wrappings around his eyes still remaining, eyes healing more slowly than the rest of his body.

“How long..?” Ren started to tremble, Nobu able to hear the anguish in his voice even through the exhaustion. “How long was I there..? How many years...?”

Ren’s tears hurt his eyes, having to bite his lip hard. “I’m sorry... ‘m sorry I didn’t say it back... I was scared... I was scared you didn’t mean it, or that I’d mess it up... I’m sorry..!”

He lifted his head to look at him before moving closer and resting his head beside Ren's, "Don't apologize...I wasn't angry or upset then and I'm not now...I'm just glad you're home.."

Ren didn’t know what time it was when he woke up again, always having his eyes wrapped up, so he couldn’t see the clock in the room, only hear it ticking. He felt stiff, both from his body healing and from the gauze wrapped around him to help keep him together, and it was only when he was focusing on his own body did he hear the breathing in the room. It was quiet and even, but he could tell someone was there beside his bed. “Nobu..?” He turned his head very slightly, Nobu telling him to keep himself as still as possible to keep from tearing the stitches.

He saw Ren flinch, lower lip trembling a bit as his lips turned to a frown. “Motochika..” He sounded ashamed, turned his head back so he was facing the ceiling again. “You didn’t have to watch me... I’m not going anywhere..”

"Nobu has been the worst fucking hen with you, if I didn't park it, he would start throwing things." He stated, "It was either sit here with you or listen to Nana scream."

Ren lay silently for a moment, then spoke up. “It can’t be much fun just watching me lay here.. I’m not much to look at..”

"Not in this sorry state, no." He replied, "But I'm working on getting the other council members together for another hearing about Matsunaga. Though he may uproot all my dirt digging, I've had just about all I can take with him."

Ren bit his lip so hard blood formed in droplets. “I don’t have to go.. do I?” He asked weakly, his fear and discomfort clear in his tone.

Back
Top Bottom