Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

「σανγυινε 」|| 1x1 with DarkMudkip ||

Jikkah

Cluster
c04d13ea0e96a92cced072c9541a18dc.gif

She had sewing practice that day, as she had it twice a week, and even though she was working on a new piece of needlepoint, it was so dreadfully dull. She had sewn enough stitches in her life to be content hundreds of times over. She was spacing out again as she worked, staring out the window, hands almost moving on their own as they expertly worked at pulling and threading the needle. She hardly had to watch where her hands went now, as she had practiced so often, it was simple muscle memory.
She fought off the bile that pooled in the back of her throat; the medicine she had to drink daily always ensured she felt like vomiting, but it was a necessary evil. Her father had told her that there would be a bride ceremony in a weeks time, and that she would be attending- her first one, and potentially her last. Megohime stopped and set her needlework aside, rubbing her sore wrists with a soft sigh, a flutter of anxiety flickering to life in her chest.

"But I don't want to go to the ceremony..." Akihime frowned, "None of the other boys interest me..."
"That's too bad, now isn't it?" Yoshitsugu said, leaning against his cane, "You have tilo uphold tradition."
"Tradition is pointless at this rate." She muttered and she hissed when he moved to smack her thigh with his cane.
"It is the way of things and you will accept it." He stated firmly. She huffed and looked out her bedroom window, wishing she was out in her little vacation home looking out at the farm hands as they worked well into the night. There was one she would rather get so dressed up for, but he was human and she would outlive him. And it only made her heart hurt more.

"Masamune?" Kojurou called, knocking on his lord's bedroom door. There was loud rock music blaring from the other side. "Masamune-sama, are yiu getting ready for the ceremony?"
"Nah." Masamune called. Kojurou scowled lightly.
"You have to get ready."
"It's not for a few hours!" Masamune protested. Kojurou sighed.
"Just don't waste a lot of time." He said.

Megohime moved over to where her ceremony gown was hanging, just waiting to be put on. She ran her fingers over the soft, stiff fabric, entirely white with no patterning at all. It only brought her more dread. She called for the servants to help her dress, wrapping her in the many layers of snowy white fabric that contrasted heavily with her long raven hair. The color didn’t suit her at all, only further accentuating her pale skin, her scarlet eyes standing out like blood on a white cloth. It would take quite some time to pin up all of her hair, needing to brush it out and carefully do her hair up with simple golden hair pins to go with it; it didn’t matter however, as she was to wear a veil that would hide them anyway. Her face was painted heavily with white makeup to further create the look of porcelain skin, her lips a deep red to match her eyes, and black eyebrows painted over her own small ones. She hated all of it, the stuff clothes, the heavy makeup that felt it would suffocate her, she hated every single bit of it. Last of all was the veil, placed over her head carefully after the paint on her face had set, one of the servants handing her a looking glass. Her lips were painted into a slight smile, even though she could feel herself frowning.

Masamune hated these dumb ceremonies. They were outdated and pointless and he hated them. Why couldn't everyone move on, get with the times like he did? He wore the ugly suit but he hated it. He didn't take out his earrings even though his mother begged him to. He pulled his messy hair into a half ponytail and slipped his boots on instead of the shitty loafers.
"Whu do you hate your parents?" Kojurou asked. Masamune glanced at him.
"I don't, I just think this whole thing is stupid."

The Date clan was hosting the ceremony this century, so the servants were all rather busy preparing the week up until the event. Human cattle was brought in just for the occasion- high quality humans no less -and the dining hall was filled with flowers, all white of course. When night finally fell, the first guests would arrive, most coming in expensive luxury cars, or even much older car models, kept pristine over the years.
Megohime was surprised her father used the car, which he rarely did, but riding a horse or carriage was no longer acceptable and brought far too much attention. She rode in the car alone, except for the chauffeur, as her parents would only make their entrance after all of the brides had gathered. Many brides were going to be there, but so were many grooms, all looking for a wife.

Akihime stood around in her uncomfortable shoes and whimpered softly as she looked about. No one came to her, no one even looked at her. Like she was plagued. Why? She was just as pretty as the others, and her clan was as powerful as anyone elses. So then why did they avoid her?
Masamune was in the corner on his phone, looking up every so often to look at the girls. At least they all looked pretty.

Once the brides and grooms had been milking about for some time, the rest of the clans would enter to enjoy the party as well, socializing and drinking, all in expensive looking clothes.
Anytime Akihime met eyes with anyone, brides included, they would quickly scamper away, it was almost as if her father himself stood right behind her to hand her off; and scare off suitors in the process.

Megohime was a wallflower, keeping to herself, doing her best to steady her shaking hands. Already three suitors had approached her that night, yet she hardly remembered any of them. She was so nervous she wanted to vomit, and the overwhelming smell of blood in the room didn’t help her nerves. She was starving.
Making sure no one was looking at her, and that either of her parents were in sight, she slipped her phone from her sleeve and started to fiddle with it. It was small and blocky, only having a simple, overly-pixelated screen and a game or two. She had heard phones could make calls, but hers couldn’t, and she didn’t know how to either. She was content with the game on the phone though, a simple game that had you stack blocks of varying shapes on top of each other.

Akihime frowned softly and just sat off to the side, another year where no one would talk to her.

"Hey," a voice called to Megohime gently. It was Masamune himself, and he was smiling softly. "Cute phone. I remember when they first made those."

Megohime brought her head up, and when she saw who it was, she looked like she was going to about die of a heart attack. She quickly shoved her phone inside her sleeve and glanced around. “Masa- D-Date-sama..! I had not heard you approach, please forgive me!” She bowed to him, worried he would now tell her father. “It was rude of me, I-I should not even have such a thing here.” Her speech was a bit unusual, entirely formal, and it threw him back a few centuries, proper speech taught by a proper family.

She fiddled with her sleeve, stealing one more glance around before looking up at him, deep scarlet eyes focusing on him. “So... You are not going to tell my father?” Her eyes were red, but they weren’t glowing as if she were hungry, they were simply her eyes, though a bit odd even for a vampire.

She lowered her gaze a bit, feeling her cheeks burning hot under her face paint. “Tamura Megohime, desu.” She said softly. “Y-You had mentioned that you remembered when my phone had first been created... Does that mean that there are more?” She asked curiously.

"Oh, yeah. Way more advanced than that." He said before pulling out his. There was onpy one button on the whole thing, the rest was just a screen.

Megohime blinked, staring at the thing he held in his hand with a look of confusion before looking back to Masamune. “I do not understand... How do you use it if it only has one button?”

He moved to stand beside her and pressed the button, causing the screen to light up, showing an image of a band album. He swiped the unlock and the screen change to a myriad of various little icons. "It's touch screen..!"

He saw her flinch a bit when he turned the phone on and unlocked it, looking to him, then back at the phone, to him again. “How does it do that? It looks so different from mine, they cannot be the same thing!” She protested, but her curiosity was easy to see. “And this touch screen, do the buttons come out from there?”

"Yeah, watch." He touched an icon that looked like a little pad of paper and a white screen replaced the icons. He tapped it and a small keyboard appeared at the bottom, full QWERTY like her little Nokia.

Her jaw about fell off from her skull as she watched him bring a small keyboard out of no where. “How did you summon that?” She looked up at him, her eyes practically glowing with excitement. “Can it do more?”

“How do you fit all of that inside? I mean, it is only a thin little thing!” She paused for a moment, then decided. “Can you teach me to use one? One like yours, I mean.”

He couldn’t see it from all of her makeup on her face, but her face flushed when he said that, clutching her hands together and looking down. “I-I do not think my father would approve of anything outside of marriage..” She said softly.

No one ever defied her father, especially not herself. She felt like she would melt the paint right from her face with how hot it was growing. “Y-You are preposing to me..?” She asked, voice quiet looking almost terrified at the thought of marriage.

Back
Top Bottom