Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

「σανγυινε 」|| 1x1 with DarkMudkip ||

He came into her room early one day, looking mildly annoyed but that was nothing new. "We've been summoned," he said, holding up a letter, "it would appear that Date boy went crying to daddy and now I'm to be questioned in front of the clan heads. Good grief." He looked at the bites in her arms and scowled lightly, "You'll have to cover up, dear."

Jin was sitting in a chair by the window, her only bit of outside world she got. When he came in and spoke, she kept her gaze outside, only when he finished did she turn to look at him, dark circles under her eyes. “I suppose that is what happens when you slaughter two dozen humans, and torture a prominent family’s servant, dear.”

"I suppose you're right. I should have killed him and said it was to protect you. That would have ended it more smoothly, I believe." He said, "Regardless, please prepare and cover your arms. We mustn't fuel the flame." He told her before leaving her room.

Jin watched him silently as he left the room, waiting until the door was closed and locked again before she stood and changed. There was no point in fighting it, for if she didn’t, he would beat her and have her dressed himself.

When she finished and was ready to leave, Matsunaga came to let her out and leave with her to see the clan heads. "Do behave in front of them, dear. Don't do anything to embarrass us."

Jin had dressed herself in a fine kimono, wrapped her arms and head to keep her bites and burns covered from what her dress couldn’t. “Like telling the truth?” She asked, almost numbly as she left his manor with him, body still sore and aching with pain.

"You will tell them that Katakura is the reason you are in such a state and I had to defend you from him. He found you killing your servants in a frenzy." He advised.

That wound was still fresh, and the mere mention of it brought tears to her eyes, the heavy feeling in her chest becoming even heavier. “And if I refuse?” She whispered.

Jin kept her head turned away from him, closing her eyes to keep her tears from escaping. Was death a better option at this point? Did it really matter if she lived or not?

Death would mean she would never see Kojurou again regardless if she was freed of Matsunaga or not. She would never have another chance to be with him.
When they arrived at the council meeting headquarters, a servant came ti greet them and escourt them inside.

Jin ignored the looks she got at her wrapped up head and partially blind eye, entering the large building with Matsunaga, making her way to the meeting room where the council would take place in.

Upon entering the council chamber, all the clan heads were there; Motochika, Shingen, Uesugi, Yoshitsugu, Hideyoshi, Ieyasu, and Date. Masamune and Kojurou stood waiting, Masamune looking as furious as ever. Kojurou just looked relieved to see Jin.

Jin moved to her seat without a word, sitting down and waiting for the meeting to begin, putting her hands inside her sleeves, keeping her oath to Matsunaga and not even looking at Kojurou.

"It has come to our attention that Matsunaga Hisehide is to be tried for the torture and mutilation of Kawabe Jin, final heir to the Kawabe, and Katakura Kojurou, loyal retainer and servant to Date Masamune." Yoshitsugu stated.
"Grave charges indeed." Shingen remarked.

Jin had a faint scowl on her face, keeping her head held high as she listened to the accusations against her husband, all of them entirely true, but still humiliating.
Hideyoshi kept his massive arms folded over his chest, listening to the accusations in silence, towering over all other clan heads easily.

"Are any of these things true?" Yoshitsugu asked. Matsunaga looked as calm as ever.
"Of course not."
"Bullshit!" Masamune yelled. His father shot him a look.
"Masamune." He stated firmly and Masamune sat back down.
"These are all merely things to throw off how truly despicable a human being Katakura truly is." Matsunaga added.
"A bold claim considering his family has served my clan for generations." Terumune replied, "Not once have I had the impression of any ill will."

“Perhaps asking Kawabe her perspective would arrive us at an answer?” Uesugi said, hands on his lap.
Jin felt even more empty than ever, like her soul had been torn out and her heart crushed inside her chest. “What my husband says is true, he only harmed Katakura to rescue me.” Even sayin the words made her feel like she would vomit and pass out, wanting to slice open her own belly.
“Protect you from Katakura? How?” Hideyoshi asked.
Jin remembered her conversation with Matsunaga on the way to the meeting.
“I will starve you until you are no more than a feral and put you down.”
“Katakura happened upon me as I was killing my servants,” Her expression didn’t change in the slightest, but Kojurou knew these words were not her own, in the short time he spent with her, it was clear just how much she had treasured her servants.
“He never explained why he assaulted me, and I never bothered to ask.”

"Are you shitting me?!" Masamune snapped. Kojurou looked heartbroken, but he understood why she did it. She had to protect herself and the last of the humans she loved so deeply.
"Kojurou had been gone for weeks! When I got there, they were both beaten and tortured!" Masamune yelled.
"Ya got proof, Ryuu-niisan?" Motochika asked. Masamune looked to Kojurou and his Right Eye merely nodded before removing his suit jacket and collared shirt. Tugging off the tank top under showed Kojurou's mutilated back, the wounds still healing and some even infected. All eyes landed on Jin.
"Please show us your back, Kawabe-dono.." Ieyasu requested politely.

Jin clenched her fists under her sleeves, scowling deeply. “You want for me to undress here?”
“The bandages on her head seem rather indicative, I feel undressing her here isn’t necessary.” Uesugi said softly.

"Masamune-sama..." Kojurou whispered and Masamune glanced at him. Kojurou gave a look and Masamune perked up.
"Right! He castrated her, too!" He stated. Motochika looked to Matsunaga with a furrowed brow.
"Your own wife?"
"I was not the one who did it. Katakura is a monster of a human." Matsunaga said. Yoshitsugu looked to Motochika.
"Please take her to another room and inspect her.." He said. Motochika stood and moved to Jin.
"Come on, miss." He said.

It was understandable for Jin to be angry about being treated in such a manner. “First you want me to undress in front of a room full of men, now you want me to have a trafficker inspect me? Am I being mistaken for a prostitute?” She growled out.
Hideyoshi said nothing as Jin passed her gaze over the men, only looking back at her, Uesugi held his tongue as well, eyes closed and a soft frown on his face.

"Kawabe-dono," Terumune began, "we only seek justice for what has been done. Chosokabe, though his morals are skewed, will only inspect to see if the accusations made against your husband are true. He will not touch you or do anything to cause you discomfort. Isn't that right, Chosokabe?"
"Yeah. I'll keep my hands in my pockets." Motochika said, and thusly shoved his hands in his pockets.

Jin averted her eyes, taking a moment before standing from her chair. “Fine.” Was all she said, and followed Motochika out of the room. They were only gone for a few minutes, and when they returned, Jin took her seat silently, looking rather unhappy.

"Well?"
"Her back is fucked. He used some kind of whip with a pure metal, it isn't healing. Plus under those are holy burns." Motochika said as he sat down, "And the castration, yeah, he did a shit job. Nobu could do better drunk."
"What do you have to say for yourself?" Shingen demanded. Matsunaga only looked mildly put off.
"I only arrived at the tail end of Katakura's onslaught."
"You're so full of shit!!"
"Masamune," Terumune scolded, "another outburst and you will be removed."

Back
Top Bottom