Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ravenloft - Side Chat

Into another week we go. As always I'm looking forward to seeing what unfolds. But with a fairly large group such as this I figured it would be good to bring up the subject of taking turns. Since things are getting pretty busy for everyone's characters right now and given the fact that it won't be the last time it'll happen I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for keeping confusion to a minimum over the particular order of upcoming replies.

I know in the past some people have mentioned wanting to see what someone else's character does before they would post their actions. So all I'm thinking is if that's the case for anyone that we relay that information early on. (which we've been honestly pretty good with so far) Just so we don't end up with a situation where A was waiting for B, but B was waiting on D.

Of course if anyone else has any suggestions or ideas on the topic I'm perfectly fine with hearing them as well. Ultimately whatever the group feels is best to keep things moving along smoothly will work just fine with me.

I think right now we are okay, given that there is sort of three different scenes happening at once, with two characters each. I think as long as we continue to communicate, we will be fine.

Personally, I have two posts I owe, plus a novella to proofread, so I don't think I will get to this until Tuesday. If Touch wants to post in our section, feel free.

I believe I am up for my immediate pairing and hope to have something mid week or so. I'm trying to balance staying true to Xavier's nature vs letting a bit more of the girl's mini adventure play out so I may drag my feet a bit to see how Xan and Touch respond.

I am more than happy to wait as well. The quality is a good reward for it. Also I'm up for playing disposable baddies :devilish:

As long as we keep communicating we should be fine. Quality has been great. Even if I'm waiting on another, I'm enjoying what's happening in the other scenes.

Been a crazy week so far for me work wise. Amazon I hate you.

But seriously I think we have a pretty good line of communication established and I was just thinking a little outside the box. This story has certainly got some top notch writers and while I like to check in and see where people are at with their replies I never want anyone to feel like they are rushed. The quality is quite worth the wait.

As for the topic of disposable baddies there will be plentiful opportunities for people to assume those roles if they like. Zombies, wolves, wights, and other such horrors are fair game for anyone to grasp as I present them. The only ones I'm waffling on are the vampires as they are a little more central to the entire theme of the story.

On that topic does anyone else have any thoughts in regard to the various foes that the group will come to face?

I just got a post up!

As far as the various foes go, I’m of the opinion that “less is more” in horror. The lone vampire outside the inn, taunting and playing with all the patrons, is amazing. And Elrick might “just” be a zombie, but the presentation of his animation makes him chilling. I’d love to see a small handful of supernatural foes at most, but see them well developed.

I definitely agree with the less is more opinion. Still there will probably be moments where some less developed monstrosities arrive. Players are welcome to add depth to them if they want, especially those that have been in Barovia for awhile now. Whether that be by recognizing them as someone they knew went missing, or what have you is fine by me.

Well said by the Corsair. Especially Elrick is super creepy right now.

I haven't got any good ideas right now. But I figure this is more of an open invitation. To come forward here if you do have an interesting idea?

Yep, I'm typically open to just tossing around ideas and discussing possible scenarios. Usually while I'm idly waiting for things to unfold I dissect a variety of possible scenarios and how things might unfold depending on the actions of the characters. Which is fun, because you all keep me guessing as to what's going to happen next.

Thanks guys <3

One second I was posting open-ended starters, the next I was agreeing to a group roleplay from @Black_Out . This is just like when I went down to Tijuana for vacation and ended up mixed up with the Cartel. Except I think this ends with a lot less heroin up my ass.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Looking forward to writing with all of you. Thanks for inviting me B_O

Except I think this ends with a lot less heroin up my ass.
And that's where you'd be wrong, because our entire plan is to smuggle as much heroin out of Barovia as possible. So buckle up and bend over. (The trick is deep breaths.)

;)

But heroin isn’t illegal in Barovia!

Incidentally, “heroin” comes from the German heroisch, meaning “heroic” or “strong”. Is it wrong of me to envision a D&D campaign setting where all magic comes from utilizing various drugs to achieve the altered states of consciousness needed to change reality, and where Paladins mainline heroin to fuel their divine powers?

I'd be content with some of that Barovian chocolate, poured over some nice firm young gypsy...oh wait am I thinking out loud again? Welcome!

First post done. If I fucked up anything, blame Black_Out he clearly didn't do a good job of explaining things. If it was pretty good, then it was all me. Who even is Black_Out?

In all seriousness, I think I got the timeline of actions right, but if I didn't lemme know and I can make some edits.

I think you got it down @AlluringEnigma

On a side note I'll be around for most of the week, yea for staycation. I plan to do a little more writing up for Barovia so that the players whose characters have been living in the lands for a little bit have some extra resources to pull from. It won't be anything major, just some general guidelines about the way things are and the types of people/factions at work.

Back
Top Bottom