Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Clashing of the Royals (Lady Bloody Ava & Cylian997)

As all of the ingredients were slowly gathered, Megan returned back to Leopolds- her study. She may have spoken so bravely, so boldly in an attempt to rile herself up. But if she were to be honest, she was terrified to her core. She needed to not only live up to the expectations of her surrogate father Leopold, the man who saved her from a live of mediocrity but also the man who ushered her into a life she could have never achieved on her own. Then, the Queen had spoken so highly of her, so magnanimously; the pressure and the fear made the snow angel's heart melt like the last winter's show against the heat of the sun. But she took out a pair of glasses and began to search through records.

"Now where is this book." Megan whispered to herself as her delicate fingers cycled through her books, until she found it. The book in question was a thick black book with red lettering in some foreign language. The book was depicted with a massive skull on the front and it was so heavy it required both of her arms to lift it. Eventually she brought it over to a table as she quickly glossed through the pages. She was only able to wait as her gatherers were off to procure the items she needed.

L, on her journey through the forest found M on the floor. The previous head assassin was on the floor, surrounded by a mass grave of monsters. There seemed to be over sixty corpses all around her. L knelt down and saw the pain her former master was in, she slipped off her mask as she looked down at her mentor. L removed her mask to reveal her face to her master; L's features were far prettier than her mask let on. Her face was smooth and her nose dainty and small, the elegance in her cheek bones might have confused the common folk for her being some kind of royalty but there were some distinct markings across her face. A pair of scars, one across her left eye and another on her right cheek. Oddly enough, much like Megan, she sported crisp platinum blonde hair, however it had been dulled from years of rigorous training.

"It really looks like you screwed up didn't you Mylaerla, I never thought an elf like you could have been killed." L moved Mylaerla's hair out of the way to reveal how badly the former head of the assassin's was tortured; what should have been her sharp pointed ears were chopped off. Mylaerla only offered L a smile as a hand rubbed her face. "I guess you got poisoned so badly even you cannot survive. Would you like me to free you?" Mylaerla gave an incredibally weak nod as the woman leaned forward and kissed her master on the cheek. What followed was a swift stab into Mylaerla's heart as her life was mercifully ended. L replaced her mask and continued to search for the body.

Within six hours L had eventually brought the massive body of the demon back, with his head in tow as well. With the extra herbs that have been gathered by Finn and Harold it was time for her to begin. Even if it might kill her. All the while, Donovan's body was consumed by the virulent venom voraciously victimizing the young king. Every nerve ending was on fire, every inch of his flesh was cold, he felt as if his stomach and heart both eroded all the while the pain made him euphoric as his body's only response to the pain was a seeming death...

Food was brought to the Queen who continued to sit at her brother's side. For a moment she did sit in silence, lost in thought. James was still out there with Julian and there was no telling when they would return, if at all. In their absence, their home was attacked and by a force of monsters and demons the likes of which Gabriella has never seen. All thoughts were interrupted as the sound of rapid footsteps grew louder and louder. From where the sister of the fallen king sat, she had a clear view of the door to the infirmary and at that moment an exhausted golden-haired familiar face appeared. The girl's cheeks were flush compared to snow-white skin. The light blue fabric clung to her breasts and flowed down from just beneath her bosom. One could just barely make out the baby bump beneath the fabric. The emotion in her eyes radiated into the depths of her soul, yet they carried the warmth and life of the sunlit surface. Those eyes were made of a thousand hues of blue and a small touch of hazel radiating in softly swooping strokes.

They landed upon the sight of a pain male that seemed to hold a special place in her heart, more than she cared to admit. "How did he get here?" The candidness with which the Lady in Waiting asked the question disclosed just how concerned the lady was for the male fighting for his very life. A single tear streamed down Gabby's warm cheeks when taking another glance at Donovan. "Sit." It was a softly uttered command that Lydia instinctively followed. A chair sat on the other side of Donovan, across from her Queen. The smell of blood sent Julian's wife in isolation when those wretched little beasts managed to breach the walls of their home. By now she was feeling a bit better. Certainly enough so upon hearing a knight speaking of a Dwinmer male fighting for his life after taking down the lead with a special sword.

"He had to have been on his way for a visit and was on the other side of the invasion. Both he and Ali took down their leader." Lydia looked up and down Donovan's body. From the straps that held him in place to the gruesome sight of the meat of his body exposed in some places.

"Any word of Julian and your King husband?" If anyone could share in her emotional turmoil it was her dear pregnant friend across from her.
"Nothing, yet." Gabriella replied as she too watched her big brother in despair.
"What are they doing for him? Why is he just lying here?" At this question, a smile tugged at the corner of the Queen's lips. You could hear the concern in Lydia's voice. Where Gabby always saw Donovan as an amazing brother, Lydia saw him as the perfect future husband. While Lydia's heart belonged to Julian, she would always worry for Donovan.
"Do not worry. Megan, Leopold's successor, is working on how to heal him." Gabby relinquished a sigh and removed herself from her chair and walked over to where Ali lay. This powerful woman was always a marvel to her. "The Queen of Halston, the Sun Goddess, The Dragon Empress; titles befitting the powerful women of your lineage. Soft fingers caressed at her growing belly idly as she smiled down at the woman that lent her so much support. "Rothenburg is in your debt. I am in your debt." It was an offer with endless possibilities.

As Megan took in a deep breath, after hours of study, she finally gathered everything she needed. L had dragged the corpse of Garrinoth to her study while Finn and Harold had brought the herbs she requested but before the two men left she looked to them with a curious stare. "Where do you think you are going? We have at least twenty seven different herbs to look for and try to save him. So take a seat and prepare to run for me." Both men did as she asked as they both only shook their heads. Megan looked over the corpse of Garrinoth as she took out her sharp dagger and a hammer.

"Miss Megan, what do you plan to do?" Harold asked her as the snow queen covered as much of her skin as she could, still, her eyes and some of her flesh remained exposed.

"I have to rip through the chest cavity of this monster and take out its liver. From there, I will take out the organ and use the liver to make an antidote. Since the liver of the demon processes so much, it is quite septic. If i can fix that then I can heal Donovan." She said quite matter of factly. But Finn soon stepped forward, rather shocked at her blind courage.

"But wouldn't that poison you?" He asked her.

"Oh yes, I am certainly going to get poisoned myself. Once I am, I have at best four attempts before I succumb to the poison and then Donovan will die with me. Which means I will have failed Gabriella after the kind words she had shared with me. That only means I need to be as correct as possible. So if you want, you can start collecting herbs for me so I can have as many as possible for this." Megan said rather calmly as Harold and Finn looked to each other as they look to the master of records.

"Lead us as you wish Miss Megan." Harold stated as Megan began to give them both the remaining herbs she might need. As Gabriella and Lydia continued to speak, Ali woke up within two hours as she slowly sat up. As people rushed to her she quickly stopped them. The woman stood on her own two feet as she placed her weight on the wall. It was obvious what happened, she was still covered by the blood of the demon, while Donovan was already poisoned and Sven still had a light layer of armor on. If anyone touched the dragon empress they would be fatally poisoned as well.

She was alone... as she always was. It was a bitter feeling to be in an island by oneself. It was especially true for Ali as she had been cursed to be childless, the great dragon bloodline of Halston is to end with her. She took the time to walk to the great bath of Rothenburg as she took the time to wash off the poisoned blood. As she laid in the bath, she weakly looked up to the ceiling as her vision went hazy, tears slowly welled in her eyes. For all her power, for all her strength, she would still be denied everything she wanted.

A true blood child.

Even though the wound around her stomach had mostly healed at this point, the wound over her pubic area was one that seemed to have ruined her. She took some soap as she decided to wash herself. As the moon soon rose into the night sky, a familiar golden cardinal flew near by.

"My queen, a pregnant mother needs her sleep... you should go to bed." L suggested as at the same time, in Megan's office.

"That is everything, right?" Finn asked as Megan nodded.

"That is... now. Let me cut this monster." Megan placed some glass goggles on as she placed her dagger over the sternum of Garrinoth, with all the strength her tiny body could muster she broke through his chest as his toxic blood now infected the young woman as the fatal clock now started for her.

Gabby felt a bit of numbness throughout her entire being. Yes, they may have won the battle, but not the war. Like a puppet, the woman heeded the words spoken to her. One more glance at her broken brother was spared before her footsteps guided her while her head wandered. These beasts were so sudden and well organized that she had a feeling that this was not yet over. James would know. This thought only brought about dread. Was he still alive? As the girl's feet stopped in their tracks, the woman found herself standing before the regal bath. It was so nice to think that she could wash away her worries, and as far fetched as it sounded the girl needed to bathe anyway. A female servant serviced her Queen and followed in Her Majesty's footsteps to drain the bath that was already occupied.

Ali was hard to miss, but the vibes emanating from the warrior woman were... different. "Thank you, my friend." A weary smile only lingered for so long and eyes felt so heavy. As the water was refilled, the gown was stripped from her pregnant body. Breasts a tad perkier than she recalled. The sounds of rushing water were mind-clearing and filled the space with noise as the tired woman removed gem pins and a ribbon from her hair and set it aside. It took this amount of time for the tranquil pool of a bath to be refilled. Soft bare feet walked across the cool floor before they walked her down the few steps with a regal grace that exuded from every naked pore of her body.

"We love the company. Do we not, little one?" Soft hands appeared slightly swollen and bags were lightly forming under her eyes. Sleeping was becoming uncomfortable and it showed if one looked very close. Footsteps trudged through the warm water and over to the Dragon Empress only to sit and lay her head upon the warrior's shoulder with a sigh of relief. "What runs through your mind, Ali? You have said so little since you've returned from the battlefield. Do you think that is it?"

Last edited:
Ali looked over to Gabby who still wished to be around her. Still, the dragon empress only felt a deep sense of shame; shame because she failed to protect her dear friend and lover's brother. Despite how the wound had managed to heal, Gabby could have still seen how the hole sealed itself as time went on. Yet, the proud empress of Halston looked forlorn and rather broken as she looked over the motherly figure of the queen. A weak smile curved on her lips as she sighed heavily as she decided to follow her along. "I am just rather saddened by the danger that is facing your brother. I wish that I would have been the one to face the beast. At least I would have been able to fight against the vile corruption more easily than him. But if you so desire I will gladly join you. I could use a proper scrub."

Ali joined Gabby in the bath as she joined her fellow ruler inside the cleaned bath. As Gabby's natural radiance took over the southern empress' will crumbled against the northern queen's calm maternal light. "Tell me Gabby... what does it feel like already? To feel your body swell with life already? To feel him or her grow with you? I will never be able to experience it because of my injury. Can you describe it, please?" Desperation, was on her voice as her powerful arms wrapped around the waist of the queen gently. Ali was quite gentle in her handling of Gabby, she wanted to make sure nothing could happen to the small life that grew within her.

In the office Megan's clear skin had gained the virulent green splotches that had covered Donovan. She had lost track of time as she finally pulled out the most toxic organ out of the monster, the liver. From here she would be able to hopefully find the right combination to save not only herself but the king of Dwimmer. In the middle of her hectic pace she didn't seem to notice that both Finn and Harold had brought over both of their platoons.

"Excuse me but what are all of you doing here?" Megan asked as she gave off a weak cough, as she looked at her hand. Already, her blood spilled onto her hand and specks of green were riddled inside of it. Finn only smiled as he looked over to her.

"Well we just thought it you had more bodies we might be able to find a cure a bit more quickly. So how about it?" Megan only gave a nod as she counted all of the men and within moments they were all infected though within moments; some of the soldiers who were still injured quickly succumbed to the poison. Harold shook his head.

"Oliver, Albreckt, you fools. You should have told me you were still injured. Your bravery will not be forgotten." Megan actually looked a little happy.

"I am sorry but... that might be helpful. If I can see how their bodies shut down then I can round down what flowers to use." Harold looked over to her.

"You wish to desecrate them?" Megan looked over and looked at him sternly.

"It is not that, right now, we are all essentially dead Sir Harold of Bhel Garom. If I can cut into them and examine them. I can cut down twenty four herbs to ten, maybe down to an exact combination. Is that not noble? For their lives to save the King of Dwimmer?" Harold stood to the side and allowed Megan to examine the corpses of the two fallen men.

However, in the far away kingdom of Hammerhold. James has been whipped for the last few hours. Vanessa's leathery corpse sat in front of him as the maggots continue to form and swirl inside of her. It has been every few hours where another person has come in. After so many hours of whippings, albeit they were badly done, he had been asleep. He heard this person talk.

"What kind of King sleeps after such a pathetic beating. Your future child would be ashamed. We need to get you out of here..." That voice sounded familiar... but at this point in time, James was unable to put it together.

At the feeling of Ali's arm wrapping around her, Gabriella could not help but smile. The request was easy enough to fulfill. There were two ways to describe how she felt and she figured that both would be sufficient. "I never feel lonely. It is fascinating to look at myself and see that a little life is growing within me." A little chuckle sounded as more thoughts came to mind. "I do things now that I would never do before. Normally I would not eat after dinner, but I find myself having the cook make me eggs in the dead of night. My back aches from my entire weight relying on it." After the near complaint of such a miracle, there was laughter as she continued and looked into the eyes of her forlorn companion. " Despite such troubling things I can only genuinely smile because it is all truly a labor of love."

A small smile danced upon her lips and a deep breath left flared nostrils in this precious moment of peace. "You may not bare this child, but they may feel like your own. I intend to keep you close. I may have to pry this child off of you if they adore you even a fraction of what I do." Her tone was mellow, calm, laced with sleepiness. The urge to ask Ali if she would just lay with her tonight was right on the tip of her tongue, but after today's event, the girl did not want to seem clingy. Surely Ali needed her space... no? All reservations were given a fuck. What was the worst that could be done? She could say no?

"Would you like to join me tonight, Ali? Just to sleep? We could use the company and I feel safe with you." A yawn gave away her feelings. Regardless of the answer, her next destination was to bed. The adrenaline of today's events coupled with her raging hormones drained the regent of what energy she had for the day. Before allowing sleep to get the best of her, she reluctantly removed herself from Ali's caring embrace and began bathing herself with the light scent of lilacs rinsing against her body as her mind refused to relax as thoughts continued to meld and stream on like an endless river. Her thoughts would not be satisfied without a trip to Megan.

If Gabriella went to see Megan, no doubt she would be scolded. Yes... the Queen Regent was not above being scolded. Her husband would no doubt have a few choice words with how tired she looked. It made her smile to think that he would also go to Megan in her stead and ask the questions bombarding her mind, or even distract her all night until she succumbed to sleep. She would have no choice but to wait until morning then. "You are free to decline. It is a bit of an understatement to say that you've had a very rough day."

As Ali gave a deep listen to the words that Gabby had given her, it made the woman feel both warm and cold at the same time. She had no words for it except that it was something that, at least she found a close enough friend in Gabby that the young queen allowed the dragon empress to remain close. Still, Ali only gave the woman a slow nod as she took in the words gently as Gabby's words which, in Ali's mind, were already tickled with maternal instant as the warrior woman separated herself from the woman she once shared this very same room with. Sharing a bed with her dearest lover sounded lovely.

"Do you a small tale about me Gabby? When I enter my full on form where I am driven by the wild, uncontrollable dragon blood in my veins, I cannot stop. I am able to battle for days on end. Weeks even, but when I do, I am no more dangerous than some pathetic garden lizard. So a chance to share a bed with you and drift off into the world of dreams with you? That sounds lovely."

The Halstonian dragoness took the time to carefully clean up and wash the queen of Rothenburg with the soaps she did not use and washes over her friend carefully. Once Ali was finished, the empress walked over and took out some towels and helped her friend out and dried her up as silken robes were soon placed around them.

"So shall we go to bed?"

Throughout the night, Megan worked and toiled to cut through the bodies as she did her best to try to not only save her own life, but the life of the king of Dwimmer. The life of Finn and Harold. Her mind was tested as she saw the organs of the man destroyed and it was a sight inside of the hell that Donovan was currently experiencing. Megan saw the intestines swollen and trapped, the stomach had already stopped digesting, the heart had become necrotic and the lungs scarred. It was a horrific sight. But at least this was a step forward.

"This at least at least eliminates 28,591 possible combinations... let me get to work." She whispered as the master of records got to work. Time was limited...

That little tidbit of information was very interesting. The smile said it all. Thanks was given for the aid in the bath as silk smoothly caressed their naked flesh. It helped to ease her thoughts. Worry for her brother, husband, and all precious too her had her mind unable to turn off, but it was relief being in the presence of the Dragon Empress. It helped to tell herself the Donovan was in good hands. At that very moment he was in in the company of what many Dwinmer males called, an angel. Snow white skin and icy blue looked at the man strapped down upon the table like bed. His eyes were closed and body fighting against the pain of the poison eating away at his organs. Lydia wanted to cry. A small smile of disbelief spread across soft pink lips. Eyes welled up with tears. Here the pregnant woman stood, on the verge of tears for a man that was not her Julian.

Perhaps it was the hormones? The reason why did not linger on her mind for long. The man was a secret crush and akin to family for her. It was hard to see Donovan in such a state. An outstretched had was a hairs breath from caressing his face before it stood still in hesitation. What if it brought him pain? Sure everything was being done to ensure that he was going to pull through, but time stood still for no one. The woman was restless, as was her unborn child, it seemed.

Little did she know that she was not alone. Javen and Malik stood in the doorway. Javen leaned against the doorway with arms crossed over his chest and eyes resting shut. The man had cuts across his face and a bandage on side of his neck stained with a putrid yellow hue from the center. Malik stood shirtless with badges wrapped around his torso. Dots of blood could be seen trying to leak their way through. This would be no surprise since both men were not cleared to be walking around despite the protests of their care takers who were griping about the stubbornness of those from Dwinmer.

"Long time no see My Lady," Malik uttered softly in an attempt to not scare her.

Javin walked opposite Lydia and looked down at Donovan. "He's seen better days."

"Ey, but he will pull through. He always does lass... but you and the baby should get some sleep."

"And what of you two? What are you two doing up so late?"

The pleasant conversation killed some time before the men escorted Lydia back to her quaint home and hovered over their King while relaying tales for their past adventures. There was a bit of laughter into the night, before both men surrendered to their need for sleep.

As countless men and women slept through the night peacefully, as the queens of both Halston and Rothenburg both slept within the delightful comfort of their own warmth; Megan continued working through the night. Sadly, more and more men continued too fall through the night, valiant men who wished to serve a purpose for the greater good of not only the essentially dead Master of Records, who risked her life to save a man she had never even seen, but also for those men who joined her on this courageous yet fool hardy crusade. Mentally taxed and pushed to limits that she didn't think were possible on her own body. She imbibed one concoction as Finn took a look at her and even though his vision was hazy from the pain of having every inch of his skin of fire; the untold radiance of this shined with the kind of hope that made all of this worth it.

"I think... I think you found it." Finn soon fell over as he coughed up a rather hefty amount of thick, black and purple coagulated blood as Megan had continued her work to save those she could. With the cure now found, she was able to direct the recipe to her assistants and they were able to ensure the survival of the other men. But she would not trust the life of Donovan to anyone but her unyielding hand; the woman had proven that despite her nature being as timid as a gentle snowfall, her will to succeed was far more fierce than any glacial permafrost. Megan quickly took the cure with her as she equipped some fresh gloves and quickly moved towards the king.

As she quickly barged through towards him. He was in a far worse position than she anticipated. His skin was blotched and covered in marks, her assistants who were placed to keep an eye on him apparently did not as her eyes suddenly sharpened. As the assistant came over, a young woman who trembled at Megan's sudden fierceness, the snow skinned woman put on her gloves and looked toward the woman. "You are no longer employed here, guards, take her away and have someone bring me my surgical kit please." It was the kind of cold and calculated move one expected but as she turned over and looked over, she commented Donovan's natural vitality as once she received the kit the woman went to work.

Through the night, Megan sliced through the foul, grotesque pustules that were the size of apples. She drained them and cleaned off his wound, though she had to look at his penis to ensure it was fine. She didn't wish to admit it was a larger one than one of the ones she had seen. As the wounds were all healed off, there was something else; his throat had closed up and she needed to think of some way in order to ensure that he swallowed the cure. Though his body was clean and all of the pus was drained out of him, the extra damage done was a major issue. There was only one thing for her to do.

Megan swallowed it herself as she placed her hand on Donovan's throat. The Master of Records, for the first time in her life, placed her lips onto another man and kissed them. She pushed the antidote down into his mouth and massaged his throat as she continued to swallow air to try and push it down into his body. She continued to do so until he had swallowed three full doses but at what point, what was enough enough?

Or was she being cautious?

Donovan's mind involuntarily sealed itself off because it malfunctioned when the man's body failed to rid itself of the build-up of toxins. His insides were far worse than the pustules littering his body. Organs were failing and barely hanging on. Any feeling was void in most of his body. Even pain could no longer be registered with how far his body had gone. The valiant King of Dwinmer was a hairs breadth from being embraced by the cold arms of death. When all hope seemed lost in the lonely depths of his shackled mind. A warm hum invaded the bleak void that was the King's mind. A sweetness overcame the ferrous aftertaste of what he had assumed was his own blood. The flickering flame of his life was not yet snuffed out as, with the will, his fingers moved. Eyelids felt weighed by anchors, though they too slowly opened at his will. The sight beheld was an angel unlike any other.

While feeling came back, the reality of his sapped strength was a harsh reality. Instinctively, the fingers of one hand tried to reach up in an effort to lace themselves in the tendrils of the fair maiden. A sigh did sound through his nostrils as the muscles of the man's throat were willed to take in what was being breathed into them: the precious air and antidote. It was a damn shame that he spoke in his hearty voice with a weary smile to his features. "No better way to wake up, than to the kiss of an angel." Despite his words, the man had to turn his head and cough. By the Gods, the pain in his chest was a searing nerve-wracking thing that was just a part of the aftermath of the damage one to his body. "Where... where is my sister? Gabriella... Gab..." In Donovan's stubbornness, he tried to sit himself up and it only brought about more pain that left the man roaring through gritted teeth and lying back down.

Gabriella slept deeply through the night and the added body of Ali in the bed seemed to calm her nerves and mind. Come early morning, those full lashes batted and The Queen of Rothenburg watched the early morning rays coming into view through the double balcony doors of her bedroom. The slight swell of her belly made itself very clear as she sat up beneath the regal sheets of her bed. A glance at Ali brought a smile to those formerly lax lips. "I need to check on Donovan." Honestly what she needed to do was eat, but the girl seemed to have a one-track mind.

Megan was a little shocked over what had happened; the sudden kiss, his profession that she was some sort of angel. It made the poor snow angel melt as she moved her dainty hair away from her eyes. But as he tried to move, she forced him to lay down and sternly looked down and seemed to be rather serious about his requirements of rest. It was obvious that since he was now her patient that he was now trapped under her delicate thumb. "My liege, King of Dwimmer, you have been severely hampered by the toxin that nearly killed you. I worked tirelessly through the night to save you. Do not make my night's work pointless. Rest still, I will get the queen and her reagent. I will also let your men know." With a gentle bow the woman with the tranquil turquoise eyes walked away. As she passed by one of the guards.

"Find his two guards and let them know he is fine." Megan hastily told the guard as he saluted the master of records and left away.

But at least it allowed him a view of the sultry, natural gait she sported. The sultry, salacious sway of her hips could call the attention of any man. Did she have a man now? Not that that mattered? He was king after all, Megan did her best to quell her beating heart until she knocked on the door to the queen's room. With a gentle knock Ali slowly twisted herself up as Ali looked over towards Gabriella. "What you should do first is eat something. The last thing you need to do is not feed your child." Ali cracked her neck.

"I suggest listening to the dragon empress, her wisdom is quite apropos in this situation. To be honest, I could use a bite myself. I can bring you the use of your brother's recovery and then we can see him." Megan's crisp voice was like a breath of fresh air as she stood a the other side of the door.

~~~

"Drink this you crazy person you. Do you have any idea the hell I went through? I deserve a cushy position after this kind of hell." Sybil had taken James away and waited till the morning in a far off corridor. Outside of this corridor, the rampant, wild sounds of steps echoed through the hallways. It was obvious through the ominous sounds of these steps that those men were not of their right mind. Sybil had also gone through quite the harrowing journey through out these last few days. It was obvious in how she looked.

She was haggard, exhausted; sharpened from the experience. Jame's body had been whipped and ravaged by Raphael, whatever toxic brews he was forced to drink made the man overly sensitive to external stimuli. Everything felt otherworldly, but as Sybil force fed him this drink; the kaleidoscope of colors, hellscapes and visions of Vanessa's leathery body. Sybil slowly came to focus. "Atta boy, you are finally able to see me. You are really more trouble than what its worth. Nearly died... what? Twelve times trying to get this potion."

James felt the familiar sting of pain but this was far deeper than normal, there were unknown layers to this pain; thirst, starvation, drugs. His mind did not feel whole after such an ordeal. "Tell me Sybil... what happened? How are we getting out of Hammerhold? Who do we have to kill?" Sybil handed him a piece of dried chicken, the man had the right idea with that at least. Sybil took in a deep breath as she took a labored seat.

"That is the problem James. I don't know how we are getting out of here without help from the outside. During the day these massive guards who do not even look human run around and chase me down. They do not tire. They do not feel. They do not think. Then at night..." Sybil grabbed onto herself tightly as terror, bone chilling terror gripped her soul as she looked at James as tears flowed down from her eyes. "Demons walk these halls James. At night, monsters of all kinds walk these corridors. They say they are... what was it. Shit..."

"The Unseen hand..." James spoke quietly as he placed his head back against the wall that felt colder than a tomb.

"Those guys, you know who they are?"

"I have heard of them. In my studies with Sir Leopold, those were my favorite stories, I sure hope the old man is fine. But what do they have to do with anything. I thought they were just some old wives tale to make children do their chores." James retorted as Sybil shook her head.

"Raphael offered up all of his people, all of them in exchange for the life of his daughter. In some blasphemous ritual to bring her back to life, which they needed you for. And now with you here. They just need your body and then they will kill you to give her your soul or something like that. I don't know all the details. Then Hammerhold will go forth with their demon army and take over the continent. All of this because you killed his daughter."

James turned his head to the side and ruffled his hair. "So we are sitting ducks. Unless the army gets the signal they are never moving forward. We are fucked."

It was a surprise to hear such stern words spoken in such a melodious tone of voice. Who was this angel? The ruler of the icy kingdom was lost in thought when he laid eyes on the sight of his savior walking away with the most tantalizing of sways. The man could only close his eyes and groan. The ache of his body reared its ugly head, yet behind closed eyes, all he could see was that beautiful face. It was a breath of fresh air to hear that his sister was at least still alive and breathing. There was a moment of silence. The sound of two sets of footsteps reached his ears. His Majesty's eyes remained closed as his two companions walked into the room and up to his side.

"I thought they said that the thick-headed one was awake..." Javen's familiar gruff voice sounded.
"I always told him that his act before thinking ways would be his undoing," Malik through in his two cents as they looked down upon the slumbering body of their friend.
"I'm surprised that you two idiots are still alive," Donovan spoke with his eyes closed and only bothered to open them when he was done speaking. "I woke up to a far better sight than the likes of you two." His men laughed, though not sure who he was referring to.
"Your sister? Lydia?" While Megan was beautiful, his sister was his reason for coming here and there was no secret that his sister's closest friend and Lady in Waiting always found Donovan to be an amazing man.

"Actually... I did not get the now angel's name." The men had to think about it for a second.
"Megan... she was the girl working on curing you. That was most likely her." Malik openly thought aloud.
"Megan..." the male lying on the table tried the man out on his lips and the two standing looked at him with matching inquiring gazes.

"Come in," Gabby chimed just in time for additional ears to hear Ali's word of advice. Megan's sweet voice had the pregnant female laughing lightly. "So be it, ladies. let us get ourselves together and eat. That goes for you as well, Megan. You need to rest, soon after. You've no doubt been up all night working on a cure. I am truly in your debt."

Perhaps it was the anticipation of getting to talk to her brother or the knowledge that the battle had been won, but the Queen's glow looked far more prominent today than it had in some time. There was a rosy hue to her cheeks as fruits, slices of bread, and meats were dined upon. Gabby preferred to sit in between the ladies and did insist that they eat together.

Only when she had eaten enough to appease her companions did her feet whisk her to where her brother lay. The sound of laughter filling the air as she reared the corner and laid eyes on her brother talking to his companions.

"Donovan!" That bright white smile was from ear to ear and evergreen eyes sparked with a familiar delight. "I knew that you would not go down so easily."
The mighty man's heart melted. He knew that his sister was wed, but apparently there was news that he had missed.

"You look beautiful, Your Majesty, and quite... round," Malik facepalmed himself so hard that you could hear it int he back. "I am excited to see the wee one when they arrive." If his sister had thought that he was insulting her, she would not have hesitated to punch him in the arm, though it would barely tickle the man. "Though... where is my new King Brother if not with his pregnant wife with a horde of demons on her doorstep?" There was a deep tone of seriousness to his voice. The question lingered in the air for a second as Gabby pondered those two would get along when face to face.

Ali had felt better after the good night's rest, though her body had been ravaged by the small war she had and her organs nearly destroyed by the poisonous, virulent blood; by the morning the empress was as right as rain. The people across the kingdom had also seemed to be doing better as they went about their business. With the knowledge that that demonic being was dead, the hearts of the people were lighter and beamed with joy. It was obvious to the people that even though James might had been out with some business that they were in good hands with the queen.

However, in the room where Donovan was held in Megan cleared her throat as she took a step forward. "Here in lies the problem. James had gone to Hamerhold in order to barter some sort of peace deal. But it has been some time now. Nearly two weeks. He had left with Sybil Wynne, she is the head of the Royal Knights here. Now, with the revelation that this demon was out there we do not know what was supposed to happen but... Leopold, before his passing had a letter from the king before he left."

Megan took a moment to remove the letter from a pouch as she skimmed through it, it might not have donned on anyone, but the bags under her eyes were noticeable. She had been hard at work ever since the body of Garrinoth had been brought to her and after that she needed to do her best to save the King of Dwimmer right afterwards. It might have been a cute little tidbit that she was unable to look at him directly. But Gabby and Ali could have noticed; the poor girl blushed furiously. But Ali also noticed something else.

"Donovan, you seemed to have lost quite a bit of muscle, what happened to you?" The man looked about twenty pounds lighter and his skin was still rather pale, but not the kind of pale from the natural skin tone he bore, but from the resurrection for his near death experience. Megan cleared her throat again as she finally found the point she looked for in the letter.

"The poison that Garrinnoth had basically destroyed his muscles. He has a long road to recovery. But, the King had a plan. He had the entire army already set to wait near Hammerhold and then once he left Hammerhold to storm the castle. What if the army is still waiting for the signal? The real terrible thing is, how have demons come back to this world? They have been trapped away by the ancient seals that made the alliance that still lives this day between Bhel Garom, Halston and Rothenburg. We need to warn them no? I am no good at war so I refer this to you all." Megan took a step back and retreated from this situation.

"I say we go and tell the army to kick their teeth in!" Sven decided to make his presence known. The old man was covered in burn marks and bruises but he still stood and he looked more furious than a volcano. "I sent Harold off to get my fancier toys. So tell me, the fuck are we going to do. We haven't had too many demons come out of our volcano in years. Sure, occasionally we get a monstrous spider come out every now and again but nothing that intelligent. Garrinnoth used tools, weaponry, tactics; that was not normal..."

"In Halston we attacked often my smaller hordes of monsters but their tactics are simple and more like barbarians. This was far to organized. None of this makes any sense to me either." Ali quickly responded.

A quiet hush filled the room as the two other royals thought over what could be the missing piece of this puzzle.

Gabriella listened and Donovan even more so to the enchanting voice that welcomed his ears when he awoke from his poisoned stupor. "That idiot." The King of Dwinmer sighed when he was filled in. His sister noticed the change in his body and knew the cause. As Sven spoke his opinion, Donovan tried to sit up, only for his sister's hand to press his head back down with the soft palm of her hand.

"You have already done what you've can and we are truly grateful, but you are in no condition to wield a sword, no doubt Megan has already told you this you stubborn oaf," It appeared as though Her Majesty was just as eager to pursue her husband, but struggled to come to terms with the fact that she was in the same boat as her brother. "If they are waiting, then we should give the signal for them. It is too much of a coincidence for James to still be gone and such a complex demon attacks his kingdom. It is the only lead that we have."

A round and rosy-cheeked Lydia joined the room with a hand upon her belly. "What of Halston and Bel Garom? What if they are infested with demons just as we just were?" Gabby had doubts that the two allies accompanying the Regent of Rothenburg would leave their countries without a means to reach them in a timely manner.

"The only thing that we know for sure is that we have not heard a thing from James and that his absence and lack of communication could be a clue as to where this slew of demons came from. Other than that, I've no other ideas as to where they may have come from." After Gabriella spoke, a soft smile tugged at the corner of her lips. Megan was as red as a rose and Donovan's eyes watched her just a little longer than they would anyone else.

"I agree with Sven. Someone must make their way to Hammerhold and see what their wicked king is up to." While she had been trying to remain positive the entire time, her thoughts leaked out what plagued her mind. "James may be... unable... to give the signal."

Megan took a moment to clear her throat, "Both Bhel Garom and Halston have little to worry about since Rothenburg is the first kingdom that is in the war path of any sort of attack. We are the ones that are in the most danger actually. Not to mention the bulk of both forces between Bhel Garom and Halston had remained behind so their kingdoms are relatively safe. But this demon was certainly of a higher category than any I have ever seen, and that I have ever read about. There was nothing like that in Leopold's notes, I will continue researching on him when I can."

Sven took a moment to intervene, as he often did, and barreled his way through. "So then someone needs to go and tell the big Rothburgian giant that he needs to storm Hammerhold, and I need a nap. I am exhausted and a little burnt out from the over use of my armor. But who is your fastest rider? Just send him towards wherever the hell the army is and call it a day. I am sure the dragon empress and I will remain here, call our kingdoms for help until things are settled here all things considered. Because if demons are back that means that my old bones are not going to get any rest."

"Not that your old bone gets any rest anyway. What are you up to now 10 children?" Ali quickly quipped.

"Another son is on the way yes, I have to make children since you can't." The tension was soon visible between the two of them but Ali turned away from Sven and took a drink of water.

"Whomever is the fastest rider should go to the front lines and warn the army unless someone else has a better idea. If he is alive back there, with his devilish good luck I think he is, he most likely needs some help. Otherwise, we will remain here for now. No doubt the old man will remain for the cookies." Sven actually gave a thumbs up over that, he was not going to deny his sweet tooth such delicacies that were found here. The treats from Bhel Garom were always so horrendous.

"But you are safe to spend time with your brother now, I am going to return to my work. Excuse me." With a gentle bow, Megan soon left them all alone. She actually needed some time to sleep after that all-nighter, the bags under her eyes were heavy and sullen. All that was left was to send a command to Julian and no doubt, the war with Hammerhold would officially begin...

Megan's valuable information was taken in and while thinking things over, the background noise of the King of Bhel Garom and the Empress of Halston taking shots at each other did register but was not enough to garner a reaction. After having been in their company this long, insults were expected when those two share the same room. Gabriella was banking on her husband's good luck. "We will send two riders to Julian. One to pass on the words and head back, another to linger and solely return if things... do not go as planned. If things do go as planned they will simply return with a lucky James." If there was a sound that could be associated with the budding noble it would be the long sigh. The poor woman simply wanted her husband back, though the safety of the kingdom was the priority, she missed her lovingly haughty dearly.

The bakers had their hands full with making various sweets to accommodate their royal guest and his sweet tooth. Various choices were made and special attention was paid to those that he inhaled faster than others.

"Get some sleep, Megan," Gabby could see those bags and could only imagine how tired the girl must be after working through the night to save the lives of many. Two messengers were flagged down and sent on their way to let Julian know that they needed to push on with the war. Donovan watched his sister once the angelic Megan left the room. The seemingly sickly man watched his sister. He was positively glowing and it scared him. This was his baby sister. He promised their mother that he would protect her at all costs. Mind you, he was just a child when that vow was made, but his sister's adoration of him sealed the deal.

Gently he squeezed her hand. "I'm almost jealous." Those words caught Gabriella's attention. "Here I fight my way to your doorstep, nearly die, and here you are worried about your husband." For a second the woman felt as though she had disappointed her brother and the look was written on her countenance. "I knew that you would be an amazing Queen. You will also be an amazing mother." This made her smile and the brother and sister duo talked through meals. The man was still so weak, so having to be aided with your basic daily living skills was a low moment for him.

"Now this is a waiting game," Lydia joined the duo and brought food with her. Friend and brother scolded their hostess of her eating habits and how important it was for the baby. The moment of peace and her brother calmed her nerves, but James was always in the back of her mind.

As Megan stepped away and returned to her quarters. she was unable to forget everything that transpired and what she saw. She had seen men's genitalia before, while his was the second most impressive she had seen, it was only genitalia, why did it bother her so? The master of records did her best to try and quell her mind with tea and some light reading, she found the most boring book she could have gathered. Braith Gwyn's "A treatise on water born bugs" had normally lulled the young woman into a deep slumber but there was a long snake on her mind and it had already sunk its fangs into her. She couldn't help but keep that thought vividly present as she remained ever present in that moment when she kissed him. Of course it wasn't just a kiss, she needed to ensure he drank the anti-venom, but it was the first time she had ever pressed her lips onto a person of the opposite sex. Gingerly, she touched her lips as his taste still lingered on her mouth. She was going to have a difficult time falling asleep.

The men were soon off, both of them were avid riders and quite quick on their horses as they quickly left to take the message to Julian and the Rothburgian army. Ali had remained near by as she looked over to the young queen. "Sven and I have sent word to our home kingdom for assistance. They should be here within three weeks, we cannot have another situation where we are all attacked again. Still, you did a good enough job keeping yourself strong in the face of such adversity. How are you holding up Gabby?" Ali had obviously been concerned for her dear friend as, it was expected that this was a rather difficult after everything that had happened.

But now it was only time for a terrible and gruesome waiting game, they were now only forced to wait until the war officially started, forced to wait if James made it back. It took some time for Rothenburg to bury their dead, for Megan to say good bye to the person who saved her from the tiny island of Cotton Hills near the frozen north of Dwimmer. But now she needed to work on a plot to resurrect the fallen king, which meant being closer to him...

The path back to Julian and the army was not met with much resistance, with Garrinoth defeated many of the other minor demons had hid themselves away. The message had been safely brought to the knight commander of Rothenburg who instantly grew furious over the news. There was no fear in his eyes, no need for trepidation, Julian had almost woke up from a slumber akin to death as the man he was in charge of protecting was trapped away in the castle. All the while...

"What do you mean you still haven't found him?" Raphael had stammered out, obviously upset at one of his men as he turned around. The patrols had increased in the castle, horned monsters had walked through the halls as James had lost some weight in the days he had remained hidden with Sybil. But he learned where to steal food from, he also had a proper foil and the pair were steeled...

They only needed something to start.

"My liege!" Another knight had stepped in as Raphael had turned to him.

"What is it now?"

"For some reason, the Rothburgian army is charging against us!"

"Are you telling me Garrinoth failed? How? What the hell is going on?"

James saw from the crack through the walls the men line up as the trumpets of war ripped through the sky as James only smiled. "Finally, that giant oaf realized that we were all up here all alone. Now all we have to do is slice our way through this place."

"Sure, lets run through demons. Remember our deal James." Sybil calmly stated as the man gave her a nod.

"Of course, I want at least three children, no doubt one of them will be a girl. They will need ladies in waiting. Ella and Emma will be fine." Sybil laughed as she stood up and pushed him gently.

"I am surprised you remembered their names." James took a moment to think as he looked out at the door.

"No doubt I am a father at this point, I should at least care for the children of my kingdom somewhat.. let's go."

And with that; the bold pair of Sybil and James began their desperate charge out of Hammerhold.

Ali's comforting words brought a smile to the soft lips of the glowing woman. Damn hormones nearly had her crying again, but hot tears were blinked back. "This was a trying ordeal. Leopold was like a father. I know that were had not even known each other for long but he made me feel so welcomed in this new country. Then this mad man," a hand sat palm down over her brother's resting hand in emphasis, "comes looking like he's ready to welcome death after I have not seen him in ages. I thank you all for the support. You may have no idea how big a role it playing in maintaining my sanity, but I offer my sincerest gratitude." Donovan would squeeze his sister's hand with what little strength he could muster in a small form of comfort.

Seeing their beloved Leopold off was a solemn and somber moment that tugged at her heartstrings. The wise and well-loved man was sent off with a slew of sweets that could probably tempt Sven's mouth to water. Donovan wanted to join, but his body was still weak. While moved to a more comfortable setting with a plush bed in a private bedroom, be laid with his eyes closed and roaming through his thoughts. The thought of Megan made his loins twitch and his cheeks felt flush. "What the hell." The deep voice groaned in mental confusion. His father would have a field day of he say him like this: practically bed-bound and flustered by a woman that he had just met.

This was not a scenario that the newly appointed king could see himself in. Javin and Malik knocked twice before letting themselves into their King's room. "Lazyin' about, are we?" Javin jested with a laugh as he joined his hearty companion at their King's bedside.

"I thought I told you two to stay with Gabriella?" The weakened man uttered with his eyes still resting shut.

Malik pulled some cookies out of a pocket hanging off of his hip and ate them like a merry child and spoke after savoring the honeyed treat. "There are the remnants of an army around her, besides, you are practically a baby lamb in this situation." These men were lucky that they held a special place in the man's heart.

"I am going to get better, and I will whoop your asses, ten times over, so laugh it up while you can." Despite such threatening words, there was a lax smile on his lips as he went about trying to sit himself up and marveling at just how much strength was sapped from his body from that raging poison's effects.

Gabriella had news relayed throughout the kingdom as cleanup was underway. Support from the neighboring kingdom was graciously still at hand until the return of their King. The future of their kingdom was still safe and assistance would be swift.

It took several days to get the final day prepared for so many people. Families all huddled in what remained as Megan was busy with a personal pet project. She made a special cake for Leopold and rested it in his hands, just where he would have wanted it. Leopold sure loved his cakes.

Megan was not much for cooking, she normally bought her meals or relied on the chef of the castle to make her meals. While she was quite proficient with a knife and adaptable at other arts, cooking just never worked. Baking however was certainly up her wheel house; the precise nature of baking and all of the slight nuances of the art form fell right within her skill set. There was also one cake that Leopold always enjoyed; a snowy peak cake. This cake was an island specialty and it was something her mother use to do quite well, it was one of the few things she learned from her mother. The day she was adopted by Leopold to be the next master of records, the love of this cake was instilled into him.

It was a scrumptious little delicacy known as "snowy peaks cake" and it always started with a lovely flour base and most of all; apples. They were a normally good winter fruit, once mixed with eggs and other bakery requirements, the next bit was a healthy mix of nuts. Cinnamon, all spice, clove, brown sugar and even some nutmeg for the warming spice mix. Once it was lovingly baked the cake is dusted with sugar to give the appearance of snowy peaks. Megan had made a pair of the cakes as she wished to have one final memory of Leopold.

"You made me a snowy peak cake Megan? Oh thank you, you are the daughter I never got a chance to have. How about we share this cake with some tea and take a break from the studying. You work hard enough as it is." The poor woman was unable to hold back her tears as her second father had passed away so cruelly. While he had gone up in age, the new Master of Records had always hoped that he would succumb to death peacefully in his sleep. To think that he was poisoned and stabbed to death by a foul goblin and the sheer, unabashed, unending pain he had endured.

She wished she was able to swing a sword, she would have killed that bastard monster herself. Frankly, carving up Garrinnoth was oddly therapeutic for the young woman. She had been rather distant as the preparations for the final send off of so many people came to a head. Still, she made an extra cake, her new charge deserved something delicious to eat. No doubt without James, the kitchens suffered. The snow princess hated to admit that she was nervous, but she was as she entered the room.

"Excuse me, Sir Donovan, I hope you do not mind but I just wished to share this cake with someone. Frankly, I do not wish to eat it alone..." Her voice escaped into a mere whisper as she averted her eyes. Ali all the while had taken the time to prepare the castle for another possible attack while Sven lamented the waste of all those perfectly good sweets. Finn had recovered well enough for now and Harold had remained with his king. Gabby of course was stuck with much of the royal duties that James normally had to do.

This was quite the massive amount of paper work, it seemed that James had a better head on his shoulders than one might have thought. Still she had several other Masters to help the young queen. The question now remained was who exactly was she going to ask help from.

The occasional groan sounded from behind the ornate wooden door. The King of Dwinmer was restless and frustrated. Even in his weakened state, the stubborn man tried to push his limits as though nothing were wrong with his body. He had been wounded before, but this whole situation made him extra irate at his situation. His pregnant sister was managing an entire kingdom with no man at her side and that knowledgable woman that saved his life made his loins ache at the sight of her. He found himself wondering what the hell was going on in his mind that this woman kept popping up. He'd bedded numerous women, why was this one so special? "Get your shit together man, she is just a woman..."

Leave it to the very woman that saved his life to damn near snatch that saving grace away with a mere knock. Thankfully the man's demeanor was just as stoic as ever as he sat propped up in bed with pillows at his back. It was a chore to even be able to sit up. Their family's signature gem colored eyes looked over to the snow angel that graciously entered the room. His eyes took the opportunity to note the girl's demure nature. In such a short time he also found Megan to be sweet, kind, and unusually beautiful. The first noise to sound from the man was a deep breath and a sigh.

"You, my Lady, must have the ability to read minds. Sweets are a weakness of mine. It is only fair that you should know about the King that you have saved. I truly am in your debt and eating cake with you barely scratches the surface, but..." His eyes diverted to the upturned palms of his calloused hands that rested upon the soft sheets of the bed. Fingers curled into fists that seemed to tremble ever so slightly at the effort. "I have troubled you enough. I am not the type of king fond of having others service my basic needs when I am usually so capable of it." He laughed lightly and let his head rest upon the upholstered headboard before looking at Megan with a familiar lax smile. It was the same smile that appeared when she seemed to breathe life into his otherwise dead corpse.

"Your company is very much welcomed, my Lady. Far better than my boorish companions, by far."

Gabriella was working non-stop. Few advised the glowing to Queen to take a break, but she could only think of managing the kingdom until her husband's return. A nap was encroaching upon her duties like an all-pervading marauder. Anxiously she sat with her husband and child selfishly in mind, while going through stacks of papers. The voices of advisers seemed to meld in the background as her attention waned. A letter to her father was sent back to her old home, informing him of Donovan's condition and updating him about the status of their kingdom and his daughter. "Your father is taking his sweet time, coming home, my wee one." She sighed as she took a minute to give her hand a moment to relax.

Megan smiled wistfully towards Donovan, she was obviously happy that she saved the man's life and potentially ensured the relationship between Dwimmer and Rothenburg. Though as she was given the respect of lady, the poor girl blushed brighter than the sun as she turned her face away. As she saw the pain he was in, she took notice of how long he might be forced here. The best she could do for now was ensure his recovery went along smoothly. She set the cake down and cut some slices. Donovan was easily able to see through her flowing robes just how malleable yet delicate her form was.

"I made a little bit too much cake. But I wanted to actually enjoy something Master Leopold asked me to bake every month. Even if a man of his age should have not eaten it so often, I owed him so much. He saved me from a life of mediocrity." Even though her voice was filled with somber notes for her old mentor, the elation in her voice as she remembered his sagely smile tickled her memories, the woman took a moment to clear her eyes. "Since I obviously know about you, I guess it is only fair that I share some aspects of my life as well. After all, we are going to spend quite a bit of time together as you recover."

The master of records sashayed towards a near by seat as she took a fork and offered him a piece of moist cake. The smell alone was intoxicating as the freshness of the apples juxtaposed the roasted nuts. A rich batter which was warmly seasoned offered comfort with every bite as the brightness of the sugar tickled the tongue and made one demand more with every bite. The moist apple bites exploded with flavor with every single bite one took and ensured the cake was a delightful experience. "I am from a rather small, forgotten little fishing town on the islands named Cotten Hills. It is a quiet, small and unassuming little island but my life changed when Leopold came to visit. He was researching the sighting of some beast, but he took to me after some time."

She of course enjoyed the cake as her eyes turned glassy from the tears that soon swelled. "Every day I followed him like some sort of lost puppy, I found the man fascinating as he kept so much knowledge in his brain. There were so many stories he had, he even saved my father from a bad fever. But, he was taken by my boundless curiousity and asked my parents if they would mind if I were to become the next Master of Records. While I know Leopold may have had some other notion for arbitrarily picking me, I always liked to believe he knew something about me that I didn't yet know. That was nearly seventeen years ago when I moved here, I was only a wee six year old when I was brought here. But Leopold cared for me better than my own parents did. Not that they didn't care about me but... Leopold just had this way of ensuring that no matter how bad something was, everything was going to be alright. Your sister truly enjoyed his company and he helped make me into the woman I am today. I only hope I bring his name justice as I embark on this journey..." There was some milk near by as it was soon offered to Donovan.

"Today will be an exception to me feeding you, eventually your rehabilitation will require you to eat on your own." She chuckled as she ate another luscious bite of cake. However there was someone else who had another meeting, one that was not so enjoyable.

The door to Gabriella's study crept open as the distinct thud of a cane echoed into the room, there was certainly an ominous feeling to this sound as a gentleman walked into vision. His eyes were a frosted over blue, it was obvious in the man's face that he had seen war, famine, destruction and seemed to be unfazed by bit. His hair was sinfully combed over as the regal features of bestowed dignity oozed from this man. The gentleman in question sported a clean beard as his purple and black robes offered a distinct feeling of distress. Various rings were placed on his fingers to embellish the wealth he sported. Most of all, there was a crest upon his chest and it was one that Gabriella knew very well; a lion with its fangs exposed. This man hobbled slowly towards a near by chair as he looked down at Gabriella, almost as if he attempted to judge her already.

"Good afternoon, we have not had a chance to meet yet but you might not have heard of me. My son and I often do not see eye to eye. But I am the previous king Ranulf Hughes. I am surprised you are still in one piece. My devil child of a son must actually find you interesting." The surly sourness in Ranulf's voice made one thing clear; he was no one's friend.

The level of comfort that this pale beauty must have felt in his presence must have been above average because many people were knees and head down formal to his to the point that it was maddening. It had been some time that someone had just sat down and just spoke to him and ate with him as though the hierarchy did not exist. Aside from his two childhood companions that accompanied him on many voyages, Megan was the only one that he could recall treating him in such a manner. Even as eyes admired her form he found himself surprisingly invested in her recollection of her Master. His emerald eyes drew in every aspect of her facial and body features as she spoke. From the tears that welled in her eyes to the weighty tone of her voice: it all sunk in.

The cake was certainly something that would be embedded in anyone's memory. The taste and look of the cake was sweet and very enticing. His pallet welcoming the bites that caressed him with a flavorful force. The milk was well-timed and her information of this being the last time she was feeding him made the King surprisingly laugh in time with her. Donovan's rich baritone voice rang throughout the room of healing as her laughter tickled both his ear and his soul; it might have been pure to her but salacious to him. He would love to hear what other sounds could be produced past those lips. Does she bite those lips to stifle moans or does she relent to a lewd symphony that will only encourage him to lose himself deeper and deeper into her temple?

Such thoughts should have been suppressed because his body was betraying his mind in the form of a semi-hard length that was threatening to demand attention should he continue down this track. A hand achingly caressed at his grizzly bearded chin that had seen better days. "A bath never sounded so good." The man openly groaned in the sincerest of tones and a relinquished sigh. "Do we begin, on getting better today, dear master of records?"

Gabriella looked to the door that opened up to reveal a man that she had never met but left no question as to who he was before he uttered a single word. The Queen regent stood up from her seat just as the regal figure spoke. She waiting until he was through talking before speaking herself. Her calm demeanor seeping through her pores with a hand naturally coming to rest over her belly. "My liege, please make yourself comfortable." With a hand gesturing to the chair that he stood by before seating herself once more. "It is nice to finally get a face to go with the name Ranulf Hughes, father of my rather eccentric and unique King husband." It would be rude to not give her father-in-law her undivided attention, so the papers waited as her fingers laced themselves before her upon the surface of the desk and her gem colored eyes took him in. "To what do I owe the honor?" The soothing voice inquired.

The young master giggled as she looked over across Donovan's form, while it was nothing to him it was shocking to her. Garrinnoth was not some simple rabble that could have been vanquished so easily, he was a rather high ranking demon. Not that there was any clarification in his stature or species; Garrinnoth seemed to fit into so many kinds. He was more some unique aberration of monster. At this moment, Donovan reminded Megan of the stalwart knight in the classic children's story "Cyril's Ventures"; specifically volume 5 when the heroic knight stepped into a cave and fought off demons to save his kingdom. She soon stood up and walked over and checked on his chin.

"Your facial hair is also quite messy, if you trust my skill with a shaving blade I can handle that for you. But you can use a bath at least." Megan stated matter-of-factly as she walked over to Donovan and offered him a cane. "I wish I could help carry you sir but you are a little too heavy for me, your muscles, also atrophied from the poison is still too much. So we will slowly take our time and walk to the bathhouse. I will take care of most of your needs." Of course, one had to imagine such a sentence could have provided elicit lewd, lascivious and erotic thought. Her lips maybe? The delicate tone she spoke in showed off just how much she practice her diction? Her hands? Surely, those fingers must be deft beyond compare, the average Master of records performed countless exercises in the medicinal arts. Those legs which still remained a mystery but Donovan knew, with those quiet steps, she must have been untrained which meant that her body must have been like some sort of pillow.

But now was not the time for such thoughts, he needed to get a move on. The porcelain princess, at least to Donovan's eyes, offered him a sturdy cane and led him off to be personally cleaned up by this dutiful woman.

Ranulf looked over Gabby as his eyes seemed focus on her features. "King? Hardly, until you bear an heir then there isn't much for him. James is a king in name only, if you think I would trust such a wanton, wild and reckless youth with the kingdom of my forefathers then you are misinformed. And now it seemed as if he is dead as we go to war with Hammerhold. That was certainly a misstep of the prince, and for what? Some simple provocation by some pointless man to Julian. While I would have wished to the two to switch personalities, it was odd to see the normal taciturn man do something so stupid. I will give you some credit for enduring this long, normally the others have quit by day two of the engagement. Its why I had to force a marriage and luckily, there was one princess broken enough to make this work."

There was no warmth in the words but also no outward malice, it was more as if he simply did not care. He seemed to be a man broken by the years and the pressures of being king and a king with a foolish son. "And now here you are, surrounded in a world that you have little experience in." The king shook his head as he seemed to be pondering something.

A look of interest arched a bushy brow as she drew closer to observe his facial hair. It was true, he had let his facial hair get away from him. This woman continued to amaze him. She approached him, a foreign King, in the most casual of manners. The features of her face were like a pristine and painting with perfect shadowing and the visible softness made his fingers twitch with the desire to feel it for himself. There was a slight chuckle as she mentioned helping him with most of his needs. The ball of the cane was held in his weakened grasp as he willed his aching and weakened body to stand up on its own to feet. While it did bruise his ego to be reduced to such a weakened state perhaps this was the fates giving him his moment to finally relax and indulge as he so rarely did. The trek to their final destination seemed alarmingly far to his brittle bones and withered muscles. There was a moment where he had to stop and gather his strength to push on.

What he was led to was a steaming shallow bath in a circular room of this unknown castle. "A bath never looked so inviting in my life." Of course, the king would love to soak his naked body in the water. "Be careful, I could get used to this."

Gabriella listened as the father of her husband spoke. His words made her laugh and only now did she stand with hands upon the surface of the desk that sat between them. "You say that you would not leave your kingdom to your reckless son, yet behold... he is out there trying to keep the peace and here to finally appear after the kingdom and its precious people take on a horde of demons. So... tell me father, if you are so confident that your son is dead, what do you plan to do? Mind you, I believe that you are wrong and that my husband is alive." She sighed and looked out the window before continuing on. "We both may be broken, but we do complete each other. Be grateful that your son is, at least, dutiful."

This office was starting to feel very cramped. The stack of papers seemed no short than when she had started. Now her head was starting to hurt. No doubt she needed to get something in her stomach and some fresh air sounded so divine.

"As long as you are in my care Sir Donovan, then you are no longer a king or commoner. You are in my care and that, to me, is more important than rank. Sickness, harm and death do not care if one is rich, poor, noble, destitute or in the middle. It is my job as the Master of Records to stall the progress of such events. It will be my pleasure to ensure that you are once again the brimming, proud and powerful King of Dwimmer." Delightfully, the young woman stepped away as she picked up several tools, the most important being a razor. Though she was no swordswoman, the gracefulness of her elbows would have made her an excellent one.

"Please, lean your head back so that I may cut through that beard of yours." Those soft, tender hands rested the man's head on her creamy, mushy thighs. He was able to stare directly up to her, like a star, this woman's all encompassing beauty brightened the dull looking bath. Do not forget however, this was the shower for the royals and it was covered in gilded and bright golden pieces of jewelry and yet, next to Megan, it all seemed to be totally worthless. Skilled fingers rubbed across the man's chin as she suddenly began to hum a tune. Enraptured in those cool blue eyes with that syrupy, nectar like voice was an exquisite experience.

It was a familiar song, "The Mistress of the Mountains", an old and forgotten mountain hymn that prayed for the success of traveling warriors, quite apropos. If one could have imagined that this snow princess could have sung, it seemed that she was quite the song bird. Her voice sounded more like an instrument than a human voice in its perfection. With his beard fully lathered up she looked down to him with a honeyed look as her razor easily cut through the man's beard.

In the meanwhile, as Gabby had taken her time to verbally joust with her father-in-law, Ranulf only chuckled as those eyes stared past her. "Before you even think about dueling me, maybe you should work on something a bit more chewable, like a new born babe perhaps? You do realize the only reason the relations have gotten so bad with Hammerhold was because of that man you call a husband. Do you even know what that devil in human skin did? Of course not, most likely the court has kept to their duties and not told you a thing. Or you know, and still find him worthy. And while that is a commendable trait for a broken woman as yourself, broken things are still broken. They will never be whole again, that person you call a husband buried his humanity the day he killed his mother on the way out."

The man stood up and sighed as he turned around and way from her. "What will I do? Simple, drop the man like a forgotten toy, hope that is a son and if not sire another child and hope it is not as horrid as James. Good day." With out so much as a word, Ranulf had left Gabby to her thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom