Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

「RISE」(1×1 with Jikkah)

“Really?” She looked to him, leaning forward a bit, clearly interested. “Do you think it’ll tell me if I can use magic too? How does it work?”

"I don't really know how it works..." He answered honestly.
"It unlocks your potential," Kojurou said, "but if you want to see if you can use magic, we would have to go to the enchantment shop. The old woman there can help."

Megohime nodded. “After the next Wave, then.” She said in agreement, a bit excited to discover more of her powers.

Masamune smiled and nodded, "It's a date then." He said. Kojurou cleared his throat gently and Masamune blushed a bit. "I-I mean...you know..."

"Perhaps we should go and call it a day, hm?" Kojurou offered. Masamune blushed softly and nodded.
"Yeah...tomorrow we can go to the shop and see what kind of magic you can learn!" He said.

She nodded, and together the three headed back toward the inn, eating their meal for the night before going to bathe.

The next day they went to see the old woman about Megohime's magic.
"She told me that I am prominent with lightning magic." Masamune told her, like he was bragging about something grand.

Megohime looked part nervous, jealous, and excited all at once. “How did she do it? Do you feel any differently?” She asked, seeming to not care that he was bragging, in fact, she wanted to hear more.

He shook his head, "Nah, no different. And she uses her little crystal ball to figure it all out. Looks at your mana or somethin'."

She nodded and rubbed her shoulder, stomach all in knots. “Did it hurt..?” It was a silly question she scolded herself for as soon as it left her mouth. Why was she being a little girl about this? She had fought in dozens of battles to the death and here she was scared to see what kind of magic she could use.

He laughed softly and shook his head, "No, not at all. She peeks at your mana, tells you your proficiency and then I get to help you pick your skills."

Megohime took a deep breath and nodded, heading back to the woman and taking a seat across from her at the small round table. It didn’t take too long, and like Masamune had said, it didn’t hurt.
“She said wind and water.” She reported upon her return, looking a bit shy about the whole thing.

Megohime looked a little less nervous at their positive words, a small smile coming to her face, and a twinkle in her eyes. “You think so?” She asked excitedly.

"Wind magic will boost your speed. Which is great for melee because the momentum will put a heavier weight into your attacks." Kojurou told her.

Megohime nodded at his words, a big smile breaking out on her face. “I can’t wait to try something..!” This was the first time she had smiled like that, even her eyes were smiling.

The three of them worked on all of their individual skills and abilities, even trying a bit of combo work, and soon, the next Wave was upon them.
Luckily for the citizens, this wave was more on the outskirts of several villages, being mostly in the forests and mountains. Unluckily for the heroes, it was on the outskirts of the vast forest, meaning unsteady terrain and a surplus of hiding spots for enemies.

"This is going to be a piece of cake." Masamune smirked, looking over his different sword types. Kojurou tested the sharpness of his blade as they waited. There was only a few more seconds left.
"Megohime...!" Akihime hurried over, ignoring Sasuke's protests that they needed to stay together. The Hakuko stopped and smiled softly, "I'm glad to see you're ok. I haven't seen you for a while, I was worried.."

Megohime’s face flushed a bit, and she looked down, ever since she had come back from Matsunaga’s, she refused to speak of what had happened to her, acted like it simply hadn't happened. “I’ve just been training with Masamune and Kojurou.” She said, heart beating against her rib cage, praying she wouldn’t mention what had happened over those few terrible weeks.

She nodded, "Yeah, I've been training hard, too...! I just wanted to make sure you weren't still sore from your recovery, the last Wave was brutal." Maybe she didn't want to talk about it either, which was a relief.

“Yeah, I was worried a few of my scales wouldn’t grow back, but they did.” She said, rubbing the back of her neck. She was awkward at conversation and it showed, usually only talking with Masamune and Kojurou.

"Akihime!" Sasuke shouted and she flinched.
"I'll see you out there. Maybe once it's over, we can get some food together?" She offered with a smile.

Back
Top Bottom