Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

「RISE」(1×1 with Jikkah)

She looked up from her hands, tears in her eyes. “You can’t... The law would never allow for it..”

She shifted her weight, and the chair beneath her creaked, but she nodded, wiping her tears away with her hands after she released the noose she had been holding. “Yeah..”

He gave a shaky smile and held out his hand to her, "There we go...that's much better, huh? You're way too cute to be dangling from there anyway.." He said gently.

Megohime took his hand, carefully moving down off the chair and moving close to Masamune, not letting go of his hand just yet. “I’m just some slave... why do you care so much?” She asked quietly.

Megohime sniffled, needing to wipe her eyes again with the back of her hand, she found herself pathetic. “You say that, but I am just a slave, I was born one, and I’ll die one.”

He shook his head, "I don't think so," he said softly, "I think you can become more than what you think you are. And we'll start by getting rid of that seal."

She stared up at him with wide eyes, mouth hanging out slightly. “Get rid of my seal? But that would... that would mean..”

"If I know anything, it means that you would no longer be a slave. You would be free as a bird." He said, "You could fuck right on off, if you wanted. Or you could stay.."

Her shoulders sank and she lowered her head, trembling slightly as she pulled his hand to her forehead. “Where would I go..?” She couldn’t stand any longer. “How could I leave when I owe you my life twice-over..?” She cried softly, tears of gratitude rolling steadily down her face.

"Then...don't go..." He muttered, "I owe you one for saving me in the Wave, so...I only owe you one more time before we break even.." He told her gently.

She nodded, fighting fresh tears as she stood close to him, still holding tightly to his hand, her own trembling a bit. “I won’t..! I promise..!”

Masamune was true to his word, working harder to be a better man and do her right. He bought Megohime actual armor, did his best to have a better attitude with training, and even started to try and get to know his two companions. Megohime changed a bit as well, being a bit more easy on Masamune during training, explaining things out and showing him examples of movements instead of just beating on him.

Kojurou was more than happy with the change, it made preparing for the Wave easier. They weren't screaming at each other and he was beyond thrilled.
"So, Mego.." Masamune began one day. They only had a few days left to train. "Would you want, like...an actual weapon?"

Megohime blinked looking over at Masamune, still a little flustered about him buying her actual armor. “I’ve never used an actual weapon- I don’t know how.” She looked down at her sharp nails. “I’ve always just used my claws..” She muttered.

Megohime shook her head. “I’ve held a few weapons before, but they’ve never felt right in my hands... I’d much rather prefer my claws.”

He made a noise, "Alright, that's fair. I just figured it would help out more."
"There are spells she could learn to enhance her melee." Kojurou offered.

“Really?” She looked over at him. “I guess I’ve never really tried to use magic... I wouldn’t know how though..” She thought of the times she had seen magic used.
[BGCOLOR=rgb(25, 49, 66)]"As a source of thy power, I order thee. Decipher the laws of nature and render my target immobile. Domination."[/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=rgb(25, 49, 66)][/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=rgb(25, 49, 66)]She remembered the magic chains that restrained her, the way she couldn’t move a muscle. It made her feel sick, her face grew pale and she shook her head. “Maybe another time.” She decided. [/BGCOLOR]

He was being too soft on her. “Yeah, thanks..” She knee they had little time before the Wave was to come, and she still only knew basic melee fighting; she hoped it would be enough.

“No, no, it’s alright... I just... don’t even know where to begin.” She said with a half shrug. “I know how to fight, but I don’t have any skills, and I don’t know how to get them either.”

Back
Top Bottom