Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

「RISE」(1×1 with Jikkah)

DarkMudkip

Cluster
It happened way too fast for them to register what had happened. One minute they were all minding their own business then the next they were all in some strange room.
"Oh, thank you so much for answering our summons, heroes!" The priest nearly wept with joy.
"Heroes?" Masamune stood and realized he had a weird sword in his hand, "What the hell?"
"Aye, I'm just as confused." Masamune looked and a man with wild white hair stood a few feet away, a shield attached to his forearm.

Yukimura was thoroughly confused, one moment he had been reading something online about heroes, then the next he was standing with a spear in hand, in an unfamiliar room with unfamiliar people.
“H-Heroes?” He echoed, looking around at the two men- one with the sword, then the one with the shield, then to the man- no, woman who held a bow.
“I don’t understand.” She spoke up, looking up from her bow. “Summons? Where have we been summoned to?”

"Our world is in grave need of your help.Please, we beg you. Please help us." The priest begged. Masamune made a noise, scowling softly.
"Sure. This is some weird ass game, but I'll bite." He said.
"I don't think this is a game." Motochika mused, moving to stand beside Masamune.

Yukimura quickly moved to stand on the other side of Masamune, holding his spear carefully as to not hit anyone with it as he moved. Jin moved to stand beside Motochika, letting out a soft sigh. “Game or not, it seems we actually are here physically.”

"Could be some kind of VR.." Masamune stated. The priest didn't know what they meant, it was clear on his face.
"Please, will you meet with our king...?"
"Where else can we go?" Motochika said softly.

“I wasn’t using my VR headset though..” Yukimura muttered softly, and Jin let out another soft sigh at the small bickering between the three.
“We should see what all of this is about, I don’t quite understand what’s going on here, but I would like to find out.”

As the four of them traveled up from the darkened room they had been summoned in, they could see through the window out into the new world they were in, and it certainly wasn’t Japan. “Amazing!” Yukimura was nearly hanging out the window as he gaped at the city below them, and the sea in the distance. “It looks almost like Italy, or Spain!”

“It is quite a remarkable sight...” Jin remarked, holding her hair as a breeze came through.
When the four were brought before the King, he was a rather terrifying looking man, with a scowl on his face. He had his chin rested in his hand, watching with what seemed like almost disinterest. “So these are the Four Heroes of legend? I am King if Melomarc, Oda Nobunaga.” He waved his other hand. “Name yourselves!”
Yukimura spoke up first. “Sanada Genjiro Yukimura, age nineteen, college student!” He said, bowing his head to the king.
“Kawabe Jin, age twenty five, game developer.” She bowed at the waist, still wearing an office suit made it clear she was probably the oldest out of the four.

"Date Masamune, age twenty three, college senior." Masamune said; he even looked like he lazed around, his clothes were a disaster.
"Chosokabe Motochika, age twenty one, dock worker and fisherman." Motochika said.

King Nobunaga hardly seemed to take Motochika into consideration, didn’t even really look at him when he spoke, only glanced over him before looking to the three other Heroes. “My country of Melromarc- nay, the entire world is headed toward destruction, and you’ve been summoned here to aid in stopping it.” He continued on, explaining exactly what was happening, and how only the Four Heroes could save them.

Last edited:
"What a weird game.." Masamune muttered, looking over his sword. Motochika looked at his shield with a small frown.
"A shield is more armor though, ain't it...?" He whispered.

The Kings aid explained the reward when Jin brought up the issue of working for free after being taken from their home without warning.
Afterword the four were fed and brought to their own rooms, the Four sitting down to speak on the previous few hours.

"So we're all from Japan, huh?"
"Obviously, I don't know people in Russia or America using Japanese names." Motochika huffed at Masamune.

“I’m half Nordic, I was raised in Japan though.” Jin explained. “Although, from the information everyone’s shared, it seems we aren’t from the same Japan.”
“So alternative universe Japan’s?” Yukimura mused.

"I hate it.." Masamune propped his feet on the table, "Alternate Universes sound like an awful doujinshi."
"Doujinshi?" Motochika repeated. Masamune scrunched his face.
"Be glad you don't know."

“Regardless of that... This whole Wave thing sounds terrible..” Yukimura muttered. “King Oda said he would provide us with funds and adventures to form a party with, but this seems almost too much.... Plus I’ve seen this scenario before in games..”

“Maybe not, we haven’t even left the palace yet, so there’s no telling what lays beyond the castle walls!”
“Yukimura-dono is right, it seems more than just a simple MMO, especially since the other people- or as Masamune-dono put it so crudely- NPCs, have such sophisticated and complex answers to our questions.” Jin mused aloud.

Masamune rolled his eye, not buying into it for a second.
"Their responses were rather intelligent, even for AI..." Motochika said

The four talked for a bit longer before finally deciding to all settle in for the night. In the morning, they were summoned before the king once more, only this time, a large group of people stood in front of him- all adventurers.

They were told that they would make a party before getting their funds. But they didn't get to pick who was in theor party, the adventurers would be picking which hero they wanted to join.

The line of adventurers slowly broke apart and they all moved to stand behind their individual preferred Hero. Yukimura had two women and a man behind him, and Jin had one woman and two men.

Masamune only had two men and two women with him whereas Motochika only had a singular woman. He seemed a little put off, considering everyone did their best to avoid him.

Back
Top Bottom