Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

「RISE」(1×1 with Jikkah)

“Likewise!” Yukimura called after him, giving a wave in return.

Nana trailed after Motochika, first showing him on the map where the best locations would probably be before they headed out to hunt some lower level monsters.

Motochika didn't really know what he was doing, so the tiny little bolloon creatures that they were fighting just chewed on him while he stood there, "I've been pinched harder by crabs, honestly.."

When Nana saw that he was nearly covered in the little balloon like creatures, she let out a soft gasp and moved over, putting away the chain and sickle she was using and pulling the dagger off her belt. “Even if it doesn’t hurt, you shouldn’t let them chew on you like this.” She said with a sheepish smile as she popped them, pulling them off one by one.

“Ah, well yes I suppose so.. But you still shouldn’t let them chew on you like you’re a bone..” She said, pulling one free from his leg.

She blushed a bit at his words, at his smile, quickly looking away as she pulled another one free from his side. “Th-Thank you..”

"These things are rather annoying.." He said, popping the last one, "But I can see we're almost at level two, so that's somethin'.."

She nodded. “They’re rather easy to fight as well.. We can continue here or search elsewhere?”

“Got it!” She nodded in response, then the both of them returned to slaying the balloon monsters.
As the sun set, the two were left with a large amount of monster materials, covered in dirt and sweat, and beat.

Nana nodded, wiping sweat off of her brow as she packed away their monster items. “Yeah, just inside town, and it’s not too harsh on the coin purse either!” She said, slinging her pack over her shoulder. “Shall we head off?”

“Not long, maybe a few months? I’d always wanted to travel, but I didn’t know how to fight to protect myself, so I learned, then the Wave came. I was still so green I thought for sure I wouldn’t make it.” She gave a sheepish smile. “But I managed through somehow, and then I heard the Four Heroes would be summoned here, and I knew I had to join up, even if I had to beg. Kinda embarrassing, huh?”

"No, not at all. I find that to be rather admirable.." He told her, "I come from a small fishing village so women doing anything without the help of a man is nearly unheard of.."

“Really?” She looked up at him in surprise. “They don’t do anything without the help of men? Why?” She seemed more puzzled than anything.

“That’s common here as well- except for the wrong place part -Melromark is a matriarchal country, so women are able to do much more than men - typically.” She made a soft noise. “That’s so strange... I wonder just how much our worlds differ..”

“How so? Is your world ruled by a senate? The military?” She was curious now, she wanted to know more about the world of the Hero she admired.

“Is it any different than how things run here? Besides the obvious of who runs things?” She asked as they made it to the inn.

Back
Top Bottom