Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

「RISE」(1×1 with Jikkah)

He noticed an albino standing beside the king, smirking cruelly at Motochika. Wasn't he apart of Jin's party? What was going on?
"Alright so what's going on?" Motochika asked.

Motochika’s eyes then landed on Nana, who was standing before the king with tears in her eyes, looking back at him when he spoke up. “Motochika I-!”
“Quiet, scum!” The King growled out, but his expression never really changed from his indifferent scowl.
Glancing around the room, he found that all of the Heroes were there, all of them glaring or scowling at Motochika.

He scowled heavily and glared at Nobunaga.
"Why did you drag me out here?"
"How cruel of you to treat your companion so poorly~ to take advantage of her and her kindness~" Tenkai said. Motochika bared his teeth.
"Fucking excuse me?"

“Tenkai, if you would please to repeat what you have just told me you witnessed?” Nobunaga asked Tenkai, completely disregarding Motochika.

"Absolutely, your Highness. I was preparing to turn in from a rather long day when I heard something most distressing. I peeked into Nana-dono's room and saw that the foul Shield Hero had forced himself on her!"
"That is a goddamn lie!" Motochika snarled

“That’s not true at all!” Nana protested, shaking her head. “The last time I spoke with Motochika-sama was at dinner!”
Jin looked to her follower, scowling softly.
“Tenkai, what you say, you swear that it is the truth?” She asked firmly.

Everyone turned their eyes to Nana, who looked shocked and embarrassed.
“Adventurer Nana, is this true?”
“W-Well, I-I..!” She was stumbling over her words, looking to Motochika for help.
“Show the evidence to the court then.” It wasn’t a request.
Nana’s face flushed and she looked around at everyone that was present; The King, his Court, even the Four Heroes and their followers.
“Surely there is no need-”
“Now.” He ordered gruffly, and Nana had no choice but to obey.

"N-Nana..." Motochika looked just as embarrassed, but that only made him look more guilty.
"What a creep..."
"Masamune-sama." Masamune's only companion scolded him softly.

Nana didn’t have much choice since she had been ordered by the king. She lowered her gaze in shame, silently undoing her leather cuirass and taking it off before slowly unbuttoning her shirt. Her face was red as she lowered the back of her shirt to show her tattoos, keeping the front of her shirt clutched to her chest.
As Tenkai had said, her back was completely covered in tattoos.
The court gasped and murmured amongst themselves, glancing at Motochika in disgust.
“Please, this has to be a misunderstanding, Motochika-sama never touched me..!” Nana pleaded, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears.
Jin looked disgusted, turning her head away and clenching an armored fist, and Yukimura looked shocked and disappointed.

"Clearly he coerced her into silence~" Tenkai said, "Truly a villain~"
"I didn't touch her!!" Motochika shouted, launching forward but the guard stopped him dead in his tracks.

“To think that the Shield Hero would commit this greatest sin in this country... Though it isn’t surprising..” He sighed through his nose and waved his hand for Nana to dress herself, which she did quickly.
“Normally, you would be sentenced to be executed, but sadly we still require your aid.”

Nana didn’t know what else to say, she had begged for Motochika’s innocence, yet they wouldn’t believe a word she said, and now they refused to listen to anything Motochika said as well? It was cruel.
“Chosokabe-dono...” Jin spoke up, a frown of disapproval on her face as she shook her head at his outburst.

He was only met with the glare of the king, who let out a scoff and waved his hand for him to be gone.

Nana nodded and hurried after him, the entire room silent except for their foot falls as they left.

Nana followed Motochika silently, keeping her gaze down, tears burning in her eyes, what was she to say to Motochika?

"You didn't plan this, did you?" Motochika asked her, tone strained with anger.

"Hey, uh...while I got ya here.." Masamune rose his hand, "Iunno if you noticed or anything but I kinda don't have much of a party anymore. Can I have more bodies?"
"Masamune-sama...!" Kojurou scolded softly.

“No! No, I would never do such a terrible thing!” She said quickly. “Motochika-sama, please, understand I had no part in this!”

The king let out what sounded almost like a chuckle, but his expression remained the same. “We could put out another request for adventurers, but it may take time.”

He searched her face for any shred of falsehood and saw none. He settled down and sighed softly, "Ok...I trust you.."

"I don't really...have time. You know?" Masamune said.

She bowed her head deeply to him, fists clenched. “I swear to you, Motochika-sama, I didn’t know anything about that..!”

The king stared at him for a moment before looking to his attendant and waving his hand slightly. “I’ll guve you an advance on your next war chest, but try not to kill the next few unfortunates you recruit.”

"Relax, I told you I trusted you.." He waved her down, "Come on, let's just go, I can't stand to be here longer than I need to."

"Can do! Thanks!" Masamune gave a half assed salute before leaving with Kojurou, who bowed quickly to Nobunaga before following Masamune

Back
Top Bottom