Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Harry Potter: A Different Beginning (Ezralora and I only)

Malfoy let out a sigh with a mixture of a chuckle. "If you're the one that believes they can do this, then best of luck to you." He said with a shake of his head, she did always seem to be the ambitious one. He cleared his throat before drumming a finger on the table as they talked. "Hmm... well maybe i should put my name forward." He suggested with a slight grin, "Could be interesting to see how you can effect this games."

"And with that any student fourteen or over can put their name forward." The Headmaster began, and looked over his half mooned spectacles. "However, i warn you younger years that if you are to enter there is no going back. If you enter you do so at your own risk. It is sometimes the bravest thing to know when you have reached your limit." He added before waving a wand that very much looked like a wooden skeletal finger. A golden light shone out of it before a large stone goblet appeared before the room. The hall fell quiet before a blue flame erupted out of it. "The names will be announced on the first of October... and if you are chosen my you respect your school well. Now i'm sure everyone is hungry let's dig in." And just like that, food and drink appeared on the golden plates and in the goblets for the hall to chime in on. Though it took a few moments for the people to start as the Headmaster's message settled onto them.

Macha looked up trying to catch her sister's eye before grinning a little. She would definitely be putting her name in that goblet tonight.

Izybel looked towards him for a moment before she was giving a small giggle, "Hey I planned on helping them. I'll be planting the fireworks while they distract the teachers so that I can do that. I hope you aren't going to tell on me." Not that he would actually, no there was no fear there. And she wasn't really concerned about any of the other Slytherins saying anything either. She played with her braid a little bit before looking at the Headmaster as he talked about the upcoming tournament that was coming up. And explaining that those fourteen or above could put their name in the goblet, although once your name was put in, there was no removing it. Her eye did catch that of her sister before shew as giving a faint grin back. Oh yeah she was definitely putting her name into the goblet as well.

"You wound me so. We've been classmates for a while now and you haven't learned not to underestimate by skills." Izybel spoke in a fake pout to Draco before watching as the food was finally being served. About time.

Draco perked an eyebrow at her before lightly pushing her shoulder. "No need to get so worked up about it." Was all he said before he started to pile his plate with a moderate amount of food. As ever it smelt good, and was all ready for everyone to dig in. He plucked up his knife and fork, spinning the fork between his fingers for a little bit. "There's a difference between me underestimating your ability and you over estimating them. You might be.." He waved a small bit of beef through the air. "Very skilled, but getting cocky has been the end of a fair few people."

Macha glanced over as she saw her still talking to Draco, letting out a small laugh under her breath as she pierced a potato cleanly with her fork and plopped it into her mouth. She looked along the table, seeing those of the house chatting amongst themselves enjoying it and finding it a little strange. She... she felt if anything a little left out. She closed her eyes before letting out a quiet sigh and a few words later she had managed to move on up and was sitting next to the braniac. "Hey... err.." She looked down at her food, why was she so bad at small talk? She could go with her sister, she knew her well enough. "Interesting year huh? Lot of people from different schools." She said, brushing a lock of her blood red hair behind her ear.

"I'm never cocky." Izybel commented as she started to put some food on her plate before she was humming softly. Oh everything looked so delicious. And perhaps at one point in time she would have been cocky, but by now she had pretty much learned her limits. She knew how far she could push something before she ended up pushing herself too far. "I mean it hasn't ended me yet, and you know I take risks often." Although that was usually worse in potions class, and throwing random stuff into a pot to see what could happen. She was taking a bite from her baked potato, and giving a coo of satisfaction. So delicious.

Hermione was looking over towards Macha for a moment in time before she gave a smile before she spoke, "Oh yeah it is most definitely going to be an interesting year." Already she heard some of the others discussing entering the tournament, and it seemed like the Weasley twins were plotting something as well. Making candies that would enable those under fourteen to step across the magic and put their names in the goblet. Or so they thought. Although considering it was the Headmaster that had put the spell around it, she already knew it wasn't going to work.

Draco shook his head as he let out a slight laugh before looking over her properly and nodded his head. "Well yes i do know you well, first year if i'm correct. Seems like that was ages away now." He commented as he scraped a bit of beef through some nice gravy. Once it had soaked up an adequate amount of gravy he popped it into his mouth. "Though if i didn't know any better i'd say all these pranks are you making up for lost time over the summer. Considering how boring it was..." He briefly looked over the tables before seeing Macha talking to that... Even in this world he was not the most keen on muggle borns.

Macha smiled briefly, "Are you thinking of entering the competition? I mean out of most people on this table, i'm sure you'd be able to at least figure out what is going to happen in the challenges before most people." She said, seeing a few of the others at the table. Rigel Black, looking much like his father, Ron Weasly, the twins. Harry Potter as scruffy haired as she had been told. All of them unaware of what had happened, and what had changed. "Sorry i'm not the best at the whole... conversation thing, if i haven't really known you too well." She admitted as she played with a bean on her plate, feeling a little guilty for being a shit conversation. She was a confident person, and it annoyed her when she couldn't present that aura. Though most of the time it came out in rebellious acts, fights, quidditch, or anything she could be in competition with someone else with. Macha just needed a few days to get going.

Izybel gave a small chuckle before she spoke, "It was ages ago and no... I played plenty of pranks during the summer. Even found an old spellbook and learned some new magics." She was giving a slight grin before she was taking a bite out of the buttered roll that was sitting on her plate. The food was always so amazing, even if they often had to wonder where it had come from. She did take the time to look around at everybody and realized that nobody would ever know about the timeline change, and even if she had tried to tell somebody, they probably wouldn't believe her at all. Hell at first she hadn't believed it, until she had actually seen her father change stuff first hand.

Hermione was looking over before she was shaking her head then spoke, "No I'm not going to be entering. But yes I probably would figure it would, which is why, I plan on helping whoever is chosen as the champion for Hogwarts with the challenges, regardless of what house they are in." With that she was taking a bite out of the green bean casserole that was on her plate, savoring it a bit. It was good, although it had nothing on her parents homemade greenbean casserole. It had her miss her muggle parents a bit, but there wasn't much that she could do about it. They had known she was different, and they had allowed her to attend Hogwarts back her first year. And they continued to support her. Muggles that didn't care about the magicking world, as long as their daughter was happy. That is all that mattered.

Draco smirked as he shook his head before taking in a deep breath as he glanced over at the goblet again. It did attract a fair few glances from the students that were around. He brushed a hand through his hair gently before clearing his throat. "But still... another year." He said and gave a small smile, "Oh yes i forgot." He pulled a badge from his pocket. It was a prefect badge. He gave her a small smile before slipping it back. He didn't feel like wearing it just yet. "My father and mother were rather pleased. And well the extra authority is sure to come in a bit handy later on." He added, his grey eyes looking over her for a moment. "What about you? I don't know who the other prefect is of this year."

Macha nodded and grinned a little, a bit of her confidence starting to flair and that was just good to keep it going. "Well it could just as well be me." She said before stuffing a bun into her mouth and let out a heavy sigh. "I mean provided the big goblet spits out that bit of parchment." She looked over her for a moment, she had heard how she aided Harry Potter and Ron Weasly, but now. She was just as normal as the rest of them, though no matter what she was sure Hermione would be getting close to top grades throughout.

Izybel looked over towards him when he was showing her the prefect before she was giving a small chuckle then spoke, "Oh Mister Malfoy the Prefect. Going to boss us all around." Of course she was teasing him then was just raising an eyebrow when he was asking about her, and commenting that he wasn't sure who the other prefect was. This had her giving a shrug of her shoulders before she spoke, "I have no idea anymore than you do." God she would make a terrible Prefect that was for sure, and she really didn't want anything to do with that. Any more than she ever wanted to be named head girl. Nope nope. "I can imagine that would be please." she spoke before she was taking a bite from her food, and was just listening to the others that were around them. Strangely enough though, despite her being a little prankster, she did well in school.

Hermione looked towards Macha for a moment in time before she was taking a bite out of her food before she was looking towards the others, the people that were talking about entering the competition. Or those that were talking to the twins about wanting to get one of their candies so that they could enter themselves in the tournament. "It isn't going to work." was all Hermione could comment in a rather loud voice after a moment in time before she was taking a bite from her dinner roll.

Malfory perked an eyebrow up before smirking a little as she said that. "Of course, why wouldn't i boss people around with this shiny new badge?" He asked her with a little laugh as desert began to appear on the tables. He drummed his fingers for a moment before helping himself to it. "I'm sure people were given these badges for a reason otherwise, well it's just wasted metal now."

Macha smirked a bit to herself as the desert was shown on the table and a few others beginning to speak about plans to do it. "Oh for.." She shook her head and was quickly pulling out a few things. Within a minute or so she was pushing back on the bench and moving back out over it. She stood there in the hall for a moment before she made her way over to the goblet. The flames lapping at the air violently. She lifted her hand and dropped a crumpled up bit of parchment into it, the flames turning darker for a brief moment before she turned and began to leave the hall.

"No promises I'll listen to you, even with your shiny new badge." Izybel teased the Male then watched as her sister was getting up and putting her name in the fire. The first one who had decided to do that it sseemed.It was amusing to see the shocked look that everybody had which had her giving a slight smirk. After that she was watching as the dessert appeared before she was bouncing to her feet, and gliding off towards the goblet. Mind as well get her name in there. Unperturbed by the flames, she dropped a piece of parchment in there. Yeah she had been like Macha, a bit annoyed by listening to people plan to do it. But nobody actually got up. After that she was turning and walking back towards her spot, and sitting next to Draco once again.

Macha continued to walk through the corridors, seeing a few of the ghosts who decided to not attend the feast gliding through the castle. She rubbed the side of her head before taking a few more turns and was walking steadily through the school. Knowing that practically every student was in the hall. She rounded a corner before jumping up onto the ledge and curling up into a windowsill. She was glad to be back at least... it was always a good way to be away from him. She leaned her head against the stonework. "A month and then we'll know..."

Draco smiled before laughing a little. "Of course the pair of you are the first ones up." he muttered as he sipped from his goblet. "Never the ones to sit still." He said, and watched as it seemed like the sheep began to follow. The actions of those two having knocked them over the edge to decide what to do. "Well here's to a potential champion." he said to her and lifted his goblet a little to her. The others at the Slytherin table cheered and toasted a bit to her and a few of the others as well.

"Well somebody has to be first, and I'm not afraid to enter it." Izybel gave a giggle before she was raising her goblet in toasting towards the other Slytherins that decided that they were going to put their name in. Heck there were a few of them that were even prodding Draco to go up and put in his name. Pansy, who was like overly obsessed with him, was even offering him a kiss if he went up and put his name in the goblet. This had one of the others commenting that nobody wanted to kiss her, which had Izybel snickering a bit.

Draco shook his head as he let out a sigh. "Not a chance, i mean with the amount of students putting their names in right now. It probably would not make the difference." he retorted and perked an eyebrow at Pansy. "As tempting an offer as that is, i stand by what i said." He added before grinning at the one that made the joke as he sipped from his goblet once more.

"You would actually wanna kiss her? Who knows what you would get." one of the other guys scoffed, which had somebody commenting that he could kiss Izybel instead, at least she was pretty. Not that she was really paying attention, nah she was talking with one of the other girls that was sitting right next to her at the time. At least she had been until one of the others was commenting that they were talking about her, which just had her shrugging. "Eh oh well. I'm hearing what they are saying I'm just choosing to ignore it." she chuckled before she was taking a bite from her cake.

Draco let out a sigh as the conversation was taking a turn that he didn't really want it to. "Oh boy.." He mumbled to himself as he raised an eyebrow as a few were recommending Izybel. "Listen i'm not going to be putting my name in just now." He said, "And that, is that." He placed his fork down before glancing over Izybel as she spoke. "Probably for the best." He agreed when she said that she was just ignoring it. A few of the other teachers at the table were beginning to get up to leave, as the Headmaster said to them all that it was time to tuck in. With that, Draco was up his badge in place and started directing the first years to the Slytherin common room.

Izybel was giving a small shrug before she spoke, "I've basically learned how to ignore those around me, especially when they are talking about non-important things." With that she was watching as the teachers started to get up. Huh seemed like they were all getting dismissed to head back to their common rooms, which had her looking towards Draco. "You know with you being a Prefect, I probably shouldn't have told you my plan." she cooed in a playful tone before she was getting up and sashaying out of the room.

Draco blinked at her before he left and gave a smile, "What plan?" He asked and moved past her. "First years follow me." He called out, and was soon being engulfed by the eager first years that wanted to leave the hall and explore the school. Though a fair handful of them looked as though they were about to collapse on their feet from sheer exhaustion of their first day.

Macha was sitting at the portrait of the Fat Lady as she glared at the picture there, she could already begin to hear the rest of the Gryffindors heading up the stairs towards her. She hadn't been picked as a Prefect for some bizzare reason she was sure, and thus didn't know what the password was. "About damned time." She muttered under her breath as she folded her arms, waiting to hear what it was, and see who the new Prefect was.

Izybel was giving a small giggle before she spoke, "You know I love you." After that she was helping herd all of the first years along, making sure that none of their lovely little snakes ended up getting lost. "I don't suggest wandering off at all. Getting lost can lead into some rather dangerous situations." she hummed at a few of them that were talking about sneaking away to explore. There was a slight smirk on her lips when they ended up jumping a bit, and she was just continuing past them, actually falling in next to Draco. Hell even Crabbe and Goyle didn't even stop her, and usually they would end up keeping people away from the blonde haired male. As if they were bodyguards protecting their lord. "So... I had a question for you." Izybel cooed at him as they stood outside of the Slytherin common rooms, waiting for all of the first years to get there.

The Gryffindors walked up being lead by that of Hermione, who had been named a Prefect, although that didn't seem to be much of a shock to many. "First Years, keep coming this way." she called out as she walked up to where Macha was at, and was looking at the Fat Lady, who was turning her attention towards them at last. She had been just staring at her glass of wine priorly, but now she seemed to notice that they were there at last. Hermione was looking towards the woman and speaking the password, which had her just speaking, "Go on in" before the portrait was swinging open.

(No idea what to do for passwords. xD)

Draco rubbed the back o his head as he was keeping an eye on the new years. The dungeons as ever were cold, or cooling but of course as soon as they moved into the common room the heat of the emerald green fires and lamps, as well as the view from under the lake would be sure to stop them complaining. "Parceltongue." He said and with that the door clicked open before swinging open and everyone began to pour inside. Malfoy turned to her his grey eyes settling on Izybel. "Okay, what is it?" He asked her, as he slipped his hands into his pockets.

Macha smiled a little at Hermoine as she appeared along with the first years before she let out a feint sigh. She looked up at the ceiling seeing the other stairs starting to change once more. "Hmm..." She mumbled and smirked a little at the new prefect as she walked in. "I suppose you were the best choice for the job, congratulations." She patted her on the shoulder. She didn't hang around in the common room and moved the room she would be sharing along with the others in her year before finding her stuff and flopping back onto the bed.

Izybel followed after him and watched as everybody took to pouring into the common rooms. The first years were looking around wide eyed, almost unsure what to think. Oh the same "reaction" that she had given when she had first gotten there. Despite the fact that none of it had really surprised her at all. Her attention was turning towards Draco when he was responding which had her chuckling before she cooed, "My question is... will you go out with me?" This had a few of the others looking over a bit shocked, more so because she was actually asking a guy out. Usually she was turning them down.

Hermione looked towards Macha before she was giving a small smile then spoke, "The other Prefect for Gryffindor hasn't yet been decided. They are actually deciding to do something new this year. One Prefect is predetermined then the second will be more or less decided by the rest of the house, and the first Prefect. I'm going to have a vote later tonight." All of the houses were doing it that way, so that the House had more say in who their Prefects were. But the headmaster had already predetermined who the choices were, and had already listed those that could be voted for. And there were a total of ten other names that one could decide from, Macha being one of them.

The white blonde haired boy frowned briefly for a moment, one eyebrow being perked as she asked. He glanced around at the others as they were looking at him. "Sure could be fun, we could head out at the first Hogsmead trip or somewhere in the school grounds." He said to her with a small smile, it wasn't a sneer or a smirk it was just a genuine smile. "So that would be a yes for clarity, now everyone who's name isn't Izybel get back to your own business." He yelled to the others and they began looking away. He had to admit he was surprised that she had asked him out, he hadn't tried or asked her. The thought was always in the back of his head but there didn't seem to be a good moment for it. Seems as though she had beaten him to it though and he was a little relieved.

Macha glanced up as Hermione spoke to her before popping her gum. "Right, well that sounds like a fantastic system they've introduced." She said and gave a thumbs up with a meek smile. "Could show that the second person in a way is just the thing the house needs... or a practical joke." She added and grinned a little as she slipped her scarf off and draped it over headrest. She rolled her neck around briefly before stretching her arms above her head. "Who are you going to be partnered with. Haha, can't wait to see this." She grinned a little at her. She moved some more of her forward to cover her yellow eye before turning around. "When's the vote then?"

Izybel looked towards him for a moment when she spoke, "When I asked you out, I was more asking if you would be my boyfriend. Not to just go on a date." Was she bothered by the people that were watching them at the time? Not really. She could easily make it so that they didn't remember the conversation at all. With that she was pushing a few strands of her loose hair from her face before watching as everybody was scurrying off away from them. "Don't scare them too much, lovey." she cooed before she was smirking and giving him a kiss on the cheek before she was drifting off.

Hermione gave a small chuckle before she spoke, "I like it a bit more. Gives the students a little more ability to decide and be more comfortable talking with their Prefects." With that she was handing over a copy of the list of people that they could vote for before she spoke, "Any one of these ten people. You are on the list as well." She was giving a wave before wandering off so that she could go and show the first years to where they were sleeping, and give them a tour of the common rooms.

Draco frowned a bit at her, "I thought that, being a boyfriend involved taking out my girlfriend on dates." He said before smiling a little as she kissed him on the cheek and shook his head as she just drifted off. "Right.." He muttered before seeing one of the older prefects explaining the process of voting. He listened casted his vote before smirking and walking off. He did try and find Izybel around, but if he couldn't he would just head to the boys room.

Macha smiled but it quickly dropped as she looked at Hermione. "Wait what? I didn't agree to that i won't be!" But she had already headed off. "Oh for.." She stared at the list, hatred bubbling in her eyes as she saw her own name there. That was the last thing she had wanted. "Great.." She slumped back down onto the bed and found herself reading the other names on there. Ron Weasly, of course. Harry Potter, Shamus Finnigan, the Pyro. Neville Longbottom. She subconsciously began to trace the scar on her face down to her neck as she read the names.

Izybel gave a small giggle before she cooed, "I'll see you later." She would probably end up sneaking into the boys area of the common area to see him. Wouldn't be the first time. She had snuck in before in the past to hang out with him... a few times actually. Although perhaps things would be a bit different now that he was a prefect, maybe. Who knew. She did listen for a brief moment to what was being said about the voting for the second Prefect. Well that was definitely something new. Different, and she wasn't sure what she thought about it. But whatever, if that is what the headmaster wanted to do. Had her wondering who was all on the list, considering that is what people were talking about. The list of people that could be voted for. She did pause for a moment in time when somebody mentioned that Draco was looking for her.

Hermione looked towards her for a moment in time before she was giving a faint chuckle then spoke, "If you really don't want to be apart of it, just let me know and I just toss out the votes for you. Whoever gets the second highest amount will be the other prefect." With that she was looking around and smiling gently, watching as the older students were taking to showing the younger students around. And explaining some stuff, and then there was Ginny scolding George and Fred for wanting to prank some of the new students. Initiation in a sense.

Macha shrugged her shoulders before she flopped back onto her bed and cleared her throat as she stared up at the ceiling thinking this through carefully. Eventually she just decided that if it happened, it would happen. It's not like she would make it amount to anything and there couldn't be much to it other than telling people stuff they should already know. She shook her head as she got changed and climbed into the bed before trying to at least get some sleep before the next day.

Draco left the vote counting to the other prefects before he slumped into one of the smooth leather green sofas. He brushed a hand through his hair before letting it out of its pony tail. Despite it just being the first day back, well not even that. Evening back he was rather tired already. "Back at Hogwarts..." He murmured to himself before stretching his hands above his head.

Back
Top Bottom