Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

NightStalker73au and Nadie

Roscoe was not okay at all, his eyes had not even wanted to see a man like that in such a condition. Everything about that house had made his day sour , quite sour as he started the engine and drove onwards to home slowly.

"Katie i will be okay, just shook up is all"

"Oh....ok" Katie said as she looked back out the window. It was understandable that he would be shook up after such a sight. She was glad she didn't see it. "I'm sorry I have to burden you with this" she said, feeling guilty for bringing him into all of this.

Roscoe's mind and body did not feel good at all as he concentrated on the road, hearing her words he shook his head and sighed loudly.

"Katie never a burden , do not ever think it either"

Katie just nodded and looked out the window as she pets Coko. She tried to put it behind her as he drove back home, needing some rest when they get back.

Roscoe steered the van down the highway towards home passing several smaller towns, his eyes already feeling the effects as he stopped once more. Taking a few deep breaths he drove onwards before turning into the town close to home. Getting out he grabbed himself a drink, used the bathroom again before heading back to the van.

"Katie we can stop here for awhile, i will look after your cat so you can get something to drink and eat if you want"

"Yeah sure" Katie said as she stepped out then placed Coko on the seat before going to get herself a drink. She didn't have much of an appetite so she just got a bottle of water before heading back to the van.

Roscoe watched her leave and reached under the seat, taking out the small metal bowl from there. Pouring some water into it from his own bottle he watched Coco dive for the water. Checking it over briefly he smiled into her eyes when she returned.

"He seems in good shape, someone must have kept him fed"

Katie smiled back then watched Coko drink as she took a sip of her own water then lightly scratched his back before speaking.

"Yeah, my guess would be the neighbor"

"Well sure but I don't have a license" Katie said. She knew how to drive and she drove well but she didn't have the time to get her license.

He smiled and nodded at her words, moving around the van and into the passenger side. Lightly squeezing her hand he spoke.

"Katie we will organise your licence in the next couple of weeks"

Katie smiled into his eyes and nodded before she spoke.

"Ok, do you still want me to drive then?"

Katie nodded then made her way to the drivers side. She got in and turned over the ignition to start the short drive home.

Roscoe relaxed on the passenger side, his eyes closed for a few brief seconds as she drove them home. He glanced across at her and smiled, soon they were pulling up the driveway of his house. Taking a few more deep breaths he could feel how much his body needed to rest more.

"Katie very nice driving, leave the luggage in the back for now"

Katie smiled at his words then nodded before getting out and taking Coko with her into the house. She placed him down so he can get used to his new surroundings as she went to the bedroom to lay down.

Roscoe took the keys from the ignition and locked up the van, sighing loudly as he closed and locked the front door. Entering the kitchen he put down one bowl with some water in it, along with a few diced pieces of meat for the cat. Taking two tablets along with some water he moved into the lounge, sitting down on the couch and fell asleep a few minutes later.

Katie fell asleep as well. Coko joined her at one point, curling up to the foot of the bed. She started tossing in her sleep as she started having a nightmare. Soon enough she sprung up in a cold sweat then brought her knees to her chest for a moment before getting up to get some water.

Roscoe was having his own bad time, the images of him recurring over and over in his mind as his body was soon coated in a thin layer of sweat. Rolling from the couch onto the floor he just laid there almost totally unconscious now as his breathing stopped every few seconds.

Katie sipped on her water in the kitchen until she heard a loud thud coming from the lounge. She ran in and saw Roscoe on the floor and quickly went over, lightly shaking him

"Uncle Roscoe! Are you ok?"

His mind was foggy as was his eyes as he felt his body being lightly shaken. Waking slightly his eyes tried to clear a little as he reached out for her.

"Katie just stay and i should be."

Katie smiled at his words then just nodded as she helped Roscoe back up to the couch and laid him down before she spoke

"Do you need anything? Water or something"

Roscoe felt his body move back to the couch, sitting up slightly at her words he took one of her hands and squeezed it gently.

"No i think i will sit here for now"

Katie just nodded then sat down next to him and hugged him close as she tried not to cry and spoke.

"I thought...you where going to leave me too"

Roscoe returned the hug as his eyes cleared a little more, wiping away her tears his words barely whispered.

"Katie not at all, just needed to rest but had some bad visions is all"

Back
Top Bottom