Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Red as the rose [RedRose and Lord David]

He looked her over again, then replied to her query. "Know 'em? Y'know the little meeting they all have every so often? Well, along with being the Master of Ceremonies, I'm also one of the Chiefs of said Tribe. I knew your father well, miss Flythe, and I never forget a face. Trust me, I got you covered. As for what I need, some o' your recipes might be nice!"

He snickered at his own joke, then continued, answering Lan's inquiry next. "Yeah, I'd like some of that Lavender stuff you were hyping up last time, along with a dozen of your best poultice mixes, an assortment of your creams and lotions, and a single small bandage; ran into a porcupine on the way over!" Another laugh, then a wince. "Don't worry about paying for the bandage; treatment is nearly free anyway; why would I turn away an injured soul, and a potential customer at that, because of their pocket change being insufficient? Nope, doesn't cut the mustard for me."

Rose looks at the man but sadly could not remember him. "I have bad news.... my father....no My family and my tribe where targeted by the slavers. They attacked us during shift change of the patrols. My family were killed protecting me. My tribe half are either dead or captured and the others ran. The slavers are now targeting the other tribes as well. Please warn everyone and tell my tribe that chieftain Flythes daughter is alive." She says. "Lan I'll make sure to explain everything in the morning but ...I'm really tired. So I'm going to lay down and rest."

Lan nodded, rather energetically. "Yes. Yeah, you do that. You've been through more than I expected." He turned back to Chief Arinado Tarrigan, and said, "I should probably gather the stuff you need." He turned away, and called back as he walked, "If you know where some of this stuff is, feel free to grab it yourself!"
~~~
Chief Ari looked satisfied, his baggy clothing bouncing with his movements and heavy with the items he'd bought for his Tribe. "I think this is everything. Thanks Lan, ol' buddy!" "Ah, don't mention it, Ari." The slim Polymorph changed to a Jaguar, his robe pockets becoming something of a saddle bag. "Y'know, you could charge over fifteen times what you do for every item in this place. Why don'cha?" "Because, Arinado, it's not about the money; it's about helping people. I can live off what I've been making on a few customers for at least a decade, and I'll not raise my prices like that unless and until needed." Ari smiled at Lan, though it didn't look like it. "Landrey, you're a good man. Pretty soon, your actions will be rewarded, mark my words. And Rose?" He called into the other room. "Don't worry; the survivors will know of your life before the sun rises."

With that, he leapt off into the night, without a trace.

Rose grabs your hand "let's go to bed lan" she says as she kisses your cheek. "You know I'm glad you were the one to buy me that day" she says as she heads to bed.

“Yeah, it’s been a long day, for both of us... best thing would be to just fall unconscious before anything else happens.” At the very least, Lan did so.
~~~
The next morning, Lan got up early, not bothering to wake Rose up this time; she'd been through a lot, as he said, and he wanted her to be able to get a good night's sleep, or at least better than the previous night's. He also wanted to make sure that she was used to her new home before trying any 'morning play' with her. Mostly to prevent what had happened the previous dawn.

He was already done with the stock he sold before, and was experimenting with a few things. That was largely how he got new products: he experimented with micro batches to see what worked well together, and made larger batches afterwards to give out as samples. The only reason he'd held out on the Lavender products was because he'd wanted his wife to be the first one to try it out. He figured it was a bit more than romantic, since one of Lavender's properties, among others, was as an aphrodisiac.

Rose wakes up to the sun shining threw the window and the smell of herbs being mixed. With a groan as she stretched she gets up and goes to check up on Lan. "Good morning" she says with a cute yawn as she rubs her eyes with one hand while stretching with the other one again. "What you up to hun~" she asks not realizing the nickname she gave you.

Lan turned, and smiled. "Hey, you're up! I hope you don't mind, I got up nearly two hours ago. I figured you needed the sleep. If you would like to be woken up when I get up, I won't object; As I've said, I aim to make you happy. Least I can do- you're kinda stuck with me, after all... Hun~"

He purposely put accent on the 'Hun', saying it the same way she had. Not in a teasing manner, but with enough of an accent to make her choice of words evident, and yet make it sound genuine, as it was.

"Anyway, I am currently experimenting with a few different things... I haven't come out with a 'new' lube oil in a while, and the Lavender doesn't count. I've got a few that might work here, and I'm kinda glad you got up when you did. I feel I need your opinion on this.

"Now, they're all the same base, like we made yesterday, but with different supports, or 'Aromas', as I call them. They each have their different uses, and are unique. I'm a bit skeptical of the Mint, in particular, partially because people might try to eat it, but mostly because it might numb the lubed area. Although, it might also make the application site more sensitive... I've never actually used it to find out, just for that reason..."

Rose blushes at the hun part "hehe um I'm sorry was it weird?" She ask suddenly self conscious. She then tries to follow along with everything that was said but decided to say "I'd be happy to be the test subject if you want"

Lan stopped when she asked if it was weird. "No, of course not. It was actually a bit of a pleasant surprise! Not many are willing to call their rescuer-slash-owner-slash-husband that three days after first meeting them."

He then explained the 'Owner' part. "You see, I still technically own you, and we're not technically married just yet. I'd like to get that sorted out as soon as possible, though, so today, we're going over to the Village to make it official; set you free from your 'slavery', marry you, and maybe get a few extra things, as well..." He winked.

Rose blushed profusely. "Ok" she says with a shy smile. "But you must know something first. If I'm to be married to you it means that a mating ceremony must take place on the next full moon. Due to my traditions it must be done by a high ranking chief to bind us by blood and give us the blessing of my people's gods." She says "hopefully this next full moons cloudless again."

"Oh, we won't need that, necessarily. Not if we can find the Village ourselves." Noted Lan, gesturing to the footprints outside the door. "We can follow those to his place. I'm sure he won't mind.

"As for this shack's protection, well..." He continued, as an audible rumbling sounded outside. "The Chief sent a protector here, asfter what happened yesterday. I've already met with her, and I think you should, too. Hey, Agate?"

A four-armed, crystalline, blue Golem appeared at the door, not much taller than Lan. She lumbered over awkwardly, almost tripping over his floorboards, as she greeted Rose clumsily. "Hi! L-lan told me all about you, Mistress Rose. It's a pleasure to finally meet another Polymorph, like myself, except in my case, I just turn into a bigger Golem..."

"Well hello. I hope you don't mind protecting us and our home?" She asks as she sits down in Lan's lap. "Are you able to send word to him by any chance? We kinda need to warn him in advance and ask him if he's ok with us entering his territory" she says while give a stern glare at Lan "every polymorph is super protective of their territory. I have yet to mark mine yet but I can tell you this it won't be pretty if someone enters his territory without permission"

"No, but it won't be a problem, Rose. I forgot to get a few things for him last night, so we'll have to get them to him, anyway." Said Lan, gesturing to a pack he had put together for the trip. It contained a few different poultices, a painkilling salve, and a pack of homemade bandages.

Agate blushed, her blue cheeks somehow turning reddish purple. "I don't mind at all! You both are literally the reason I exist; Arinado created me specifically to be able to protect you." She chuckled. "Sorry I'm so clumsy, by the way. My feet are rounded on the bottom, which isn't a problem when you're walking out in the soft dirt that can sink under you. But in houses, it seems, it makes for a clumsy Golem..."

Lan's face went slightly blank with realization. "I hope that means you have a scent gland on your cheek, like a Jaguar. I don't really take kindly to people 'marking' the sides of my house. I mean, if that's what you gotta do, I'm fine with it, but if there's another way, I might prefer that."

Rose looks at his seriousness and laughs "no silly all I got to do is walk around the forest and rub up against a few trees" she says as she gets up.

Relieved, Lan nodded, then turned to Agate. "It is to my understanding you also possess some sort of 'marking' ability?" The slender, crystalline girl nodded enthusiastically once again. "Yep, though mine's a bit more obvious; little blue and pink crystals, almost like dust or fine sand, that I can grow on trees, rocks, and even the ground. They warn me when beings that are unfamiliar to me cross their paths. Almost like an extension of myself, or a security camera that I can check at any time."

"Well, glad we got that little issue cleared up. You girls go do whatever you need to do with trees or rocks or whatever, and I'll prepare the lube for testing."

Rose giggles as she takes off your shirt and shifts mid jump out the door. Rose wolf now had Celtic runes and knots All over her body but her size was still the same as before. She takes off sniffing around the area. She was surprised to find that the area was actually not marked yet and she marks off several trees to the east and South of the house leaving behind a mark that looks similar to her runes on her body. She starts to head to the west and north side of the house. Soon she's marked several trees the same way as the others and stops to check in on you. "Woof" she barks at you as she sticks her head in threw the window.

Agate squealed as Rose jumped out the door. "I- ah... Was... I supposed to see that?" Lan shook his head, very slightly. "Agate, I'm not even sure I was supposed to see that, as we're not married at this point in time." He admitted. "And yet, here we are. I really should look into getting her a new fur dress..."

At the slight scare of Rose peeking in his window and barking, he reached for a knife he'd been working with, but stopped himself before he grabbed it or threw it at her. "I should also look into getting you a bell. You can't just sneak up on me like that, Rose." He placed his hands on his hips and gave her a bit of a stern look. but softened up when he saw her happy, panting wolf face peering in at him. How could he be mad at a Wolf, even if she was his wife-to-be?

He finally decided he couldn't, and leapt over to the window, stroking her on the cheek. "You're already finished? I'd have thought it'd take longer than that to mark territory."

Rose whines happily and licks your face. Rose grabs your hand gently in her mouth and gives it a tug. She was hoping you would understand and come outside. She lets go and shifts when she sees you while jumping into your arms. Her body presses against yours as she kisses you. "I feel so energetic today I wanna take you with me to go hunt"

Agate practically screeched in embarrassment as Rose shifted again and jumped in the window. “EEAAAHHHH!!! Happy thoughts! HAPPY THOUGHTS!!!She ran out of the house to find something to ‘cleanse’ her mind. Lan himself was surprised, even. “Oh, well oka-“ He said, as he was pulled into the kiss.

This was one of the few times he had ever been bossed around by a woman half his size. The others were his Aunt, both his grandmothers, and a quarter-sister at the first (and last) family reunion he’d ever gone to a decade ago, just hours before he moved away to this secluded area, to become an Herbalist.

He listened to her request, and replied, “Well, we’ll have to wait until Agate gets back, and get you something to cover yourself with so she doesn’t run away again, but other than that, I agree; I feel more alive than I ever have before. And, hey, who knows? We might even be able to make you a new dress afterwards!”

He gathered a bow and arrows he had, put on a smallish, grass-stained cap, and nodded. “Ready. Now, we wait...”

Last edited:
Rose smiles in happiness. "All right I saw some bear tracks to the east hop on my back" she says as she shifts again and steps outside. She lays down so it would be easier to get on her back

Lan nodded and obliged, easily leaping up in the air, to show he could’ve mounted her while she wasn’t laying down, and landed gently on her.

“But remember, we’ve gotta wait until Agate-“ “You called?” Asked the crystalline creature, skipping up happily, as if she hadn’t run away screaming just minutes ago. “Well, speak of the little blue devil. Where’ve you been off to?”

She answered, quite readily, in her innocent, childlike manner, “Well, off at the Springs not far away, of course! Accidentally stepped on a few mushrooms, but it’s fine, I think.” “Agate, those were Cave Spiders, and that was a very contaminated, venomous spring that can melt rocks.” He sighed. “I’ll have to teach you what’s dangerous and what’s no-Rose, did you say Bear tracks?!” Asked Lan as Rose bolted off into the forest.

Rose barks in confirmation. She runs to the spot where the bear tracks were only to stop a few feet away from the largest bear you have ever seen. Rose bucks you off and growls at the beast. "Dangerous ......stay back" she growls. The bear roars and swipes at her but she dodges it. She sends a monstrous growl at the bear her mouth leaking fire from the corners of her mouth. The bear swipes at her again but she jumps up and bites the back of its neck. "Aim for the eyes first. Agate can you use your crystals to strike it in the heart?" Rose shouts.

Landrey managed to land on his feet, and almost immediately fired off an arrow. He missed, and heard Rosie's marching order. He nodded, and fired off another Arrow. This time, it hit its mark, burying deep into the beast's eye.

Agate shouted, "I'm afraid that's not quite how that works, Miss Rose, but I can do this...!" She grew into a hulking Beast {Imagine her blue and semi-transparent} large enough to barely stand upright over a curled-up Rosie. She lumbered over with surprising speed for as big as she was, and asked, "Okay, what do I do now?"

"Now smash it's skull" she shouts as she's tossed off. She lands with a thud next to you. She grunts as she gets up. She jumps up in the air again and after the skull is smashed a bit she bites down on its jugular and gives it the killing blow. She now stands in front of it a d watched as the life leaves its eyes. "Thank you for the meat your body provides us and for the fur that warms us. May you rest peacefully" she says as she limps towards you. "I think my wrist is going to be messed up for a bit." She says with a nervous laugh as she shifts back wearing your shirt this time.

Agate obliged, clapping her hands together upon the unusually sized bear's head. Lan wound up another Arrow, ready to shoot the creature again if need be. He tilted his head as she spoke to the dying Bear. "Meat?" Then, weighing the options, he nodded. "Actually, I've kinda been wanting to know what Bear tastes like. And there could be worse things, like... I dunno, squirrel or cat, maybe? That'd be nasty, I think."

After embracing Rose, he began skinning the beast immediately with one of his arrows, the tips razor sharp, having almost never been used for killing, except when absolutely necessary. His hands worked with speed and accuracy almost unnatural for a human, even one with Lan's experience in the field. "Well, is this all we needed? Still wanna hunt? 'Cause, I'll be honest..." He brandished the Arrow he was holding. "I kinda wanna keep going."

Back
Top Bottom