Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Red as the rose [RedRose and Lord David]

"Last warning....leave" she growls menacingly. Her body starts to glow her white fur has blue Celtic nots and swirls form on it and her body emits a wave a warm air. The men notice her change and start backing up out the door. Rose opens her mouth and blue flames leak out. She slowly walks outside but with each step she gets bigger and blue flames cover her paws. Her eyes turn a brilliantly bright green that almost looks like green flames. "Those who tresspass shall burn.....i will burn you alive" rose growls her voice sounding more animal then human. "Now leave" she growls.

"Oh, you can be DAMN well sure I'm not leaving without my prize." Shouted the furious criminal. "Even if I have to almost kill her to do it!" He raised his bow to shoot her, but Lan was already in motion. Within moments, he was dead on the floor, and Lan raised his axe to his shoulder, the fake bloodstains on the faux battle-worn blade now mixed with the real thing. "Who's next, сукаs?" Within seconds, the others were gone.

The short-fought battle had been won, though not without consequence; the arrow from the Boss's bow now lay in Lan's side. He pulled the shaft out, smelled it, and exclaimed, "Oh, joy. A poison-tipped arrow. This is gonna be a nightmare to treat." His knees began trembling. "Oh, look, it's already taking effect." He proceeded to collapse on the floor, fully conscious, but with arms and legs paralyzed.

Rose burns the bodies to ash in seconds with a blast of fire from her mouth after the fight was done. She limps back to your side. "Must p-protect....Lan" she whimpers as she sniffs your body "Lan ...hurt?" She says her body shivers as she starts to cry. "I'm...sorry" she says as she licks your wound which evidently pulls the poison out.

"Not hurt, Rose; had much worse happen before, and this won't stop me. Paralyzing poison isn't serious, and..." He was amazed at how she pulled out the poison. He sat up, and hugged her around her neck. "Well, well. You're more special than I'd thought. I knew there was a reason Fate gave us each other.

"Now," He said as he stood, still a tad shaky, "Where were we? Oh, yeah, what we were going to do before I leave around nine. What'd you have in mind? And before I forget, please be careful where you're blowing Celtic Fire around here. Some of these things we sell here are flammable, so it may be a hazard. All I'm saying is be careful, please."

Rose tilts her head confused. "You.....okay.....your not....hurt?" Her voice sounding different makes you realize she's not there fully "did rose.....do good" she asks "was Rosie ...good?" She asks with a wag of her tail. As her tail wags the ashes disappears and the ground goes back to normal.

Slightly confused, Lan went along with it. "Uh, yeah. Yeah, Rosie did good! Rosie's a GOOD girl!" He scratched her between the ears with one hand, and rubbed her chin with his other hand. "Rosie's good. Rosie protected Lan good!" He wasn't quite sure how to handle her reduced understanding, but he had a feeling he knew what was causing it; the wound.

It was keeping some of the Runes from appearing, and the part that was missing wasn't keeping her from transforming, but he suspected it was keeping her entire brain from transferring into her wolf body. He then asked her, "Hey, Rosie? Are you able to become human again? It's okay if you can't, I'm just curious about my good girl Rosie."

Rose makes a happy bark as she leans her head into your hands. She tilts her head for a moment but nods slowly as she tries to understand what you asked her. The Celtic knots and swirls go away and she goes back to her human form with a few popping sounds. She falls to the floor unconscious and her wound bleeding slightly.

Lan ran over the immediately, a look of concern painting his usually cheery features. “Rose! Oh, no, the bleeding. Must be ‘cause she turned into Rosie the wolf.” Whatever the reason, he thought, I gotta get her well again.

He began to gather the items from around the shop, but grabbed the more potent ones this time. For good measure... He told himself, again and again. Within a minute or two, he had finished, and carried her back to the bed.

"First things first, what do you last remember and how do those Runes work?" He asked, wrapping the handmade quilt around her. He hadn't expected his shirt to survive, but it had disappeared when she had transformed to Rosie, and reappeared when the converse transformation occurred. He was relieved that nothing had happened to it, as it was one of the only shirts he still owned that fit him well enough, as all his clothing was custom.

Rose smiles a bit. "I would laugh but my body hurts" she says with a soft giggle. "I remember everything except after burning the bodies" she says "the runes? They are a way of showing my status and abilities but using the power of the runes while injured was a dangerous move....what happened after I burned the bodies? And don't lie" she says trying to look serious and hide the fact she's in pain

Lan chuckled a bit. "You walked over to me, began to cry a bit as you sucked the poison out of my wound, asked me if you did good, and, oh yeah, you were acting like a friccin' dog!" His emphasis on the last part was purely comedic and, though he wasn't laughing, he was smiling.

He used his two forefingers to stroke her chin a little. "And you did do good, Rosie!"

Rose puts her face in her hands to cover her blush. "Oh...not again" Suddenly she realizes something. "Um Lan it's not there anymore." She says as she checks her lower region.

"Huh? What's not there anymore?" He asked as he followed her gaze. "And what does 'not again' mean? I assume it means this has happened before, and it's fine, just so long as you can turn back; not sure I can keep a store and a horse sized wolf-dog in perfect working order."

"The wolf part is easy just give her a bone or tell her to stand guard outside the shop. But what I was referring to was the .....wax...thing" she says while getting nervous. "I think I melted it when I transformed" she says nervously

"Oh! Was turning into a wolf the way you had of melting it? Or did you have something else in mind for that?" Asked Lan.

"Ah, well, any way it happened, it's good that it's out." He replied to himself, climbing into bed with her. "Given both our conditions, it'd probably be best to simply go to bed."

Rose just giggles. "Well yeah but Lan...." She says kinda nervously. "I don't think either of us ate today....and I ..im kinda hungry....sorry" she says as she scratches the back of her neck in embarrassment as she gives a nervous smile

"...Cripes, you're right! I didn't notice, because of all the times I skipped meals trying to save up for you, but you're right." He looked around, and exclaimed in realization. "Aaaaand I have nothing edible in my entire house except herbs."

"Guess that means we'll have to go and get some provisions from the village tomorrow, huh?" He asked. He then realized something. "Oh, wait a moment. There is one thing other than herbs, but it's... questionable, to say the least: How do you feel about swallowing a load? It's at least got some nutritional value to it."

"Oh really? I didn't know that" she says. She thinks about it but decided to just sleep instead. "I think I'll wait to try that experiment some other time but on the way to town I can help find us some edible herbs and even hunt tomorrow so we can eat like kings and queens." She says "tomorrow morning my wounds should have fully healed except this big one of course so I can't use my wolf form. I can however use a bow" she explains

(Lol I appreciated the link for the info on semen)

{Sure thing! And to think, I almost didn’t post it}
Lan raised his eyebrow. "Really? I didn't take you for the Bow type, Rose." He shrugged. "Eh, fair enough. I'm actually kind of relieved you said no. Still kinda drained from last night, anyway."

He snuggled in next to her and wrapped his arm around her. He asked her, "Hey, Rose? What was it like where you came from? I kinda want to take you back there someday, meet the parents and what not. Would you like that?"

Rose gets quiet for a moment you can barely tell that her ears have dropped a bit. "My parents and my tribe are gone." She says softly. "They were all captured and my parents were killed protecting me." She says sadly. Suddenly she perks up a bit "wait didn't you say tonight's a full moon?" She asks. "My healing process doubles on the full moon."

"I see..." Lan said. He then nodded. "Uh, yeah, tonight's a full moon, I think-" There was a noise, and Lan jumped out of bed. "That might be... Hey! Arinado? You out there?"

A firm, yet unsophisticated voice yelled out, "Yeah. Izzat you, Lan ol' buddy? I been waitin' fer a cloudless full moon fer what seems like ages now! Howzat, uh, 'Marriage Fund' comin' along? Got yourself a girl yet?"

"Good to see you too, you old, salty Cityman, you. And yes, Ari, I actually have." He said, calling into the bedroom. "Hey, Rose? The Polymorph Chief I told you about is back! And on the day I tell you about him. Imagine that?"

Rose tries to stand but as soon as she takes a step her vision goes blurry and she falls. A loud thud is heard as she hits the floor. She whimpers in pain as her injury starts to burn. "L-lan... It's burning" she says. Unbeknownst to her the burning feeling was her wound healing but at an alarmingly fast pace that not even she had expected.

A moment later, Lan rushed in with bandages and a powerful salve, only to see a visible healing take place. Slowly at first, but gradually speeding up as the moon reached its peak. Rose's Runes appeared as the skin healed itself, glowing to fill in the near darkness that filled the Herbalist's small house. "The surprises never cease, Rose. You're healing!"

Ari looked over Lan's shoulder and whistled. "That's amazing; she's healing faster than any of my own. And she's your new wife, you said? You're a lucky man, Landrey. A Polymorph is loyal, sometimes to a fault, to her mate. Especially so when the morph they can take is a dog or wolf, which would be loyal to its companion anyway."

"Yeah? What else is new, and what can I get you? I should mention the Lavender products are now available."

Rose whimpers softly as the healing finished. "Ow...damn that hurt" she says softly before realizing that there was company. She stands up and walks over to you. "Lan is this your polymorph friend?" She asks. "My name is Rose Flythe. Y-you don't by chance know of any the Celtic wolf tribes nearby do you.... I need to speak to their chiefs." She says quickly

Back
Top Bottom