Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Live and Serve (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

When he laid her down, the shaman pushed him to the other side of the room while she worked. Like it was his fault. It wasn't his fault. Elora didn't say it was his fault. Never once even acted like she blamed him.

He simply sat impatiently as he kept his eyes peeled around him. Given his last experience with this village, he couldn't leave soon enough.

The shaman poured something down her throat and she coughed a bit before falling still again.
"She cannot consume amil root ever again." The shaman told him.

"You had no right to come into our territory." She stated firmly, "She had no right helping you while you were imprisoned." He remembered exactly how bitter he was when Elora came around, healing his wounds and making sure he was eating properly. Not once did she insult him or wish him ill. She was always so gentle amd willing to serve him.

"Disgusting human filth." She hissed, "I should just kill her and save her further torture at your hands."

"You so much as harm her and your entire village will rot in my dungeons for the rest of your vile, miserable days." He barked at her.

"As you think. Your combat methods are easily observed and easy to learn. Hunting arrows cannot match against chainmail and hardened steel, elf." He said.

She laughed dryly, "Of course. Crude means of protection, as if we only rely on marksmanship."
"Stop..." Elora pleaded weakly, "Stop..."

"Apologies, Elora. Being here makes my scars burn and my blood boil. Impudent bunch of isolationists." He scoffed.

"Not in spirit. I refer not to the flesh of course, but of the simple minded thoughts that seem to control the rest of these people." He said.

"It's what kept us alive, Callan...it's all we know..." She told him before looking to the shaman, "I'll be fine for now, thank you..." She said. The old woman nodded and moved to leave before Elora looked to Callan again.
"Thank you..."

He waved his hand, but apologised and smiled a bit. "Just.. Let me know when you're ready, okay..?"

"Very good.. Then I assume we will have to... At least for the mean time, find alternate means.." He said.

She nodded, "Yes...I will do more research...I won't do that to you again, my love...I promise..." Her love? That sounded nice.

Back
Top Bottom