Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hoard of the Dragon Queen IC

"Maybe if you apologize, I'll show a dance later that always earns me a warm bed for the night." Belle whispered into the Kobold's ear seductively. Giving it a soft blow into it, as she removes her hand.

"Well, you should," Bran threatened, narrowing his eyes. "Belle, tell him." He didn't catch what she whispered to Fickle, but had to hope it was enough.

"Brat, Tom, what's the difference?" Fickle says, just as you hear a patter of feet.

From 'round the bend comes a dozen kobolds, the leader of whom has wings. "Ack!" she shrieks out in a feminine, lizardy voice. "Fickle! Have they captured you?"

"No!" Belle protested.

"I just asked him a few questions! He seemed inclined to answer." She adds, covering Lian and Tom as best she could.

"Hm," Fickle whispers to Belle.

"Perhaps the time for slavery has come sooner than expected."

Belle blushes upon hearing the kobold's words, her ears twitching.

"What do you want!?" She calls out to the leader.

"Look, all of you," Bran spoke up, stepping forward to try to shield the others, "this doesn't have to be a fight. If you leave now, we'll let you go, no trouble needed. But these people haven't done anything to you, and their goods aren't yours to take." He brought up is sword in a ready stance. "If you're going to try and hurt them, you'll have to go through me."

(Rolled a 6 on Intimidate. And I'm guessing that'll be shortly followed by a roll for initiative.)

"Mmmm..." Jasmine replied. "You were...wonderful. It's not good to get so pent up you know. If you're ever in need of stress relief, I'd love to lend a hand. For now, though, let's just...enjoy the moment."

"Hm... If you agree to do this in the future, human, I could be persuaded to offer some service in recompense." the dragon says.

Bran heaved a sad sigh. "Why does no one ever just surrender?" He tightened his grip on the hilt of his sword, ready to cut down the first kobold that attacked.

(Got a 5 on initiative, because the dice apparently hate me, but at least I still act before the enemies. I'll ready an action to attack the first one that gets in range.)

Belle shakes her hips, and gestures forward, a stream of fire appearing from her hand to blast their leader.

"I hope this doesn't hurt too much!" She calls out.

[Casting sacred flame at the leader. Leader must make a DC 13 Dex saving throw. 6 radiant damage, 3 half. ]

"Recompense is all well and good, but it's not like I'm getting nothing from the deal as-is; my pleasure has definitely not been neglected...and I wouldn't want to take advantage of you."

The leader deftly sidesteps the flame.

_____________________________--

"Very well then. Where do you wish to be dropped off?" he asks.

Sighing softly at the speed of the exchange, and the lack of retrospective appreciation for the moment. "I should probably rejoin my friends; they're wonderful, but they've a nasty habit of getting themselves into trouble when I'm not there to keep them safe."

Craning her to see the road far below her (and awkward, given her position), she spotted a cluster of people in the road that seemed to be fighting where her friends had been headed. "Down there," she replied, suppressing another sigh.

The dragon swoops down low just as the kobolds charge, dropping Jasmine off. The front most kobold has his head neatly divested from his body as Bran's sword cuts through his flesh easily, and the remainder stare in awe and shock at the dragon. "Mine," he says. "Not yours."

All the kobolds, except for the winged leader, run off. "Cowards! Cowards the lot of you!" she cries, turning to scream at them.

Bran spared a moment to shake his head at the dead kobold at his feet and flick the blood off his sword. "One more time," he called to the leader. "Run and live."

Back
Top Bottom