Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hoard of the Dragon Queen IC

Clothed once more, Jasmine smiles at the mother and child, seemingly oblivious to the trouble she'd interrupted. "Ah, new friends. I'm Jasmine, nice to meet you!" she said, acting as if there wasn't a long streak of dragon jizz running down her leg.

The leader hisses at Bran, but isn't willing to face him and the rest on her own. She flees, just as the dragon takes flight again.

"Jasmine!" Belle cheered running up and giving her friend a hug.

And squishing the kobold's face between their two's chests.

"Well, that's a relief," Bran huffed as he lowered his blade. He found himself a little unsure what to say to Jasmine, and settled for just clearing his throat and looking down at his boots.

Quick as a whip, one arm snakes over Belle's shoulder returning the hug...while the other pinched the wayward tongue. Staring down the lucky little kobold, she spoke sharply: "A bit too forward for first introductions. I haven't even gotten your name yet...and it's best to ask permission before enjoying yourself like that."

Releasing the tongue, Jasmine absentmindedly raises the stained fingertips to Belle's mouth, even as she awaits the kobold's answer.

"You are forgiven, but permission is easier obtained by the obedient...and forgiveness harder to find for repeat offenses," she replied with a slightly imperious tone; noticing Belle's embarrassment, she focuses her gaze on the dark elf maiden, insistent but ready to back down if it proves too much. Hearing her companion's words, she whispers "We can continue this little education later on, in a more private location. For now...we've got adventurer things to do."

"Yes, yes," he says, climbing back into Belle's arms and cuddling up against her.

After some few minutes, you arrive just outside the keep. An arrow nearly skewers one of you before you here a deep, dwarven voice yell "Hold fire!"

"Ho, adventurers! I warn ye-if ye be here to raid, ye'll be skewered to bits! But if ye come in good faith, we have shelter for the lot of ye."

"It's the second one!" Bran called back, his voice a little strained from the shock of almost having been shot a second before. "Can you open the gate? We've got a mother and child with us!"

"Right, let them in! Get the mother and child to safety-and you three, get to see the governor! He'll have orders for ye," the dwarf says, then starts barking orders at the other guards.

"Will do," Bran confirmed, sheathing his sword. He glanced uncertainly over at Fickle, wondering what the governor's reaction to one of the raiders being brought inside would be, but decided not to mention it for the moment.

As you go through the keep, Fickle receives numerous glares and is almost always watched, but no one objects, knowing he's with you.

In the uppermost floor beneath the ceiling, the governor is sitting at a table, looking over a map of the town. "Ah-you three are the adventurers my castelan found at the gates? Thank you for rescuing one of my citizens. I hate to ask more of you, but... Help is needed. Desperately."

Back
Top Bottom