Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

"I have to start off small. Lipsticks or eyeshadows first and then when I have a good following I can start adding more and more. So to start off small I have enough. Plus I have jobs coming in, so I can put some money away. I think the wedding has a good base so I don't have to put as much money into it. It may mean I can't go buy five pairs of red bottoms in one day but it will be worth it. I'm going to talk to my agent about getting in contact with some people. I think it will be good. Let's hope it's not a flop though." She laughed.

She bit her cheek when he told her what his mother said, "If it makes you feel any better, I won't be coming to my senses any time soon. And you need super sperm to get me pregnant." She rubbed his cheek and kissed his lips. "Ignore her. Let's go have some brunch and surprise my mother with my older brother. Later you can go to the gym and punch your frustrations out."

She gave Max a treat and she was ready to go too. She grabbed her purse and walked out of the house with Jake. Since he had to strap in the baby, she locked the house up behind him and got in the passenger's seat. She plugged the address in to the GPS and let Jake drive them to the fancy restaurant.

Jake listened to her plan for her makeup line. "I say do it babe. I'll back you. I'll back you on anything you do." He gave her a small smile.

"I hope you don't come to your senses at all..." He let out a sigh. His eyes met hers when she rubbed his cheek. He kissed her back. She knew what he needed and he gave most of it to him. The other part he'd have to wait to do but she was still giving it to him. "Thanks baby." It did make him feel better but he still was bothered by it. Who says that stuff to their son?

Jake talked to Owen as he got him all buckled up. He got a few smiles from him and put his pacifier in his mouth to keep him happy in the car. Jake got in and put his sunglasses on before taking off following the GPS directions. He was pretty quiet on the drive to the restaurant. He rested his hand on Adri's leg. "You look really pretty baby. Sorry I didn't tell you earlier." Once they got to the restaurant he parked and got out of the car getting Owen. "Should we take the carrier or just O?"

She hoped she didn't either but she couldn't promise that. She didn't know what the future had in store for them. She wanted to spend the rest of her life with him, she was sure of it right now, but if that would be their reality would be on them and the positions they get put in. "I love you Jake. You know that." She said softly.

She looked back at Owen to make sure he was alright as Jake got in the car. She smiled at Jake and put her hand on his, "Thank you Boo. I like that you and Owen match. i didn't think you would wear a bowtie." She smiled at him and gave his hand a soft squeeze.

"Bring the whole thing. I don't want to hold him the entire time and who knows who we will run into." Meaning paparazzi. They walked into the restaurant and Adri gave the reservation name. They were taken back to their table which was in a private room towards the back with a beautiful view of the strip in the distance. They were the first to arrive but Alex and Andrew were not too far behind them. Aiden had to pick up Andre so they should be on the way. Their parents got their before they did though. All of the kids stood up and gave their mother a hug, "Happy Mother's Day mom." Was exchanged between all of them.

A waiter came to get their drink orders but they would wait to order food until the final two brothers arrived. Just like at home, Mom and Dad sat at the heads of the table. Adri and Jake sat next to each other on one side with Drew sitting on Adri's other side and Alex on his own on the other side of the table. Owen was in the middle of Jake and Adri, on a chair in his carrier, the car ride lulled him to sleep so she was hoping he would stay down all brunch. When Aiden did arrive, he walked in first and said hello to his mother and then when he sat down Andre' walked in and surprised her.

Adri waited until he was seated and his drink order was taken before she tried to introduce to him to Jake. He looked at Jake indifferently, shook his hand and then went back to looking over the menu. Out of all of her brother's Andre' hated her job the most. If he had it his way, she would be in a burka all year long. She probably should have warned Jake about how super religious, and set in his ways, he was but it was too late now.

He gave her a nod. "I know you do." And that helped but maybe she was afraid of him leaving her too. It was a natural thing, especially with their careers. He just hoped they were one that made it.

Jake got up to give Adri's mother a hug and wish her a Happy Mother's Day. He sat back down and talked to her dad and brothers a bit. He kept checking on Owen to make sure he was still out as he waited for Alejandro and Andre' to arrive. Jake thought it was nice how happy her parents seemed to see Andre' made it back.

He extended his hand and told him it was nice to meet him. He didn't seem like a big fan of Jake's, but it was a bit expected, he was the oldest brother and he was dating his baby sister. He couldn't blame him. If it was Amy, he'd probably be the same way.

Jake looked over the menu but wasn't too hungry. With his mother, he didn't have much of an appetite. Once the waitress came around he ordered and checked on Owen again. He could easily sleep the whole brunch but before they left he would have to give Maria her Mother's Day present. Jake wanted to talk to Andre' but was a bit unsure what to talk about so he just made it simple and asked about his trip and what exactly it was he did in the service.

Adri looked over the menu and decided on a Belgian waffle with fresh strawberries and bacon and eggs. She crossed her legs and made small talk with her family. They caught up on what was going on in their lives Adri still needed to tell them her good news about booking Sports Illustrated. She was excited and nervous to tell them. She couldn't wait until next Sunday and they were having dinner together tonight so she figured the best time to tell them would be after breakfast.

"It wasn't a vacation. It wasn't a trip. It was a deployment. I was gone for eleven months working my ass off everyday." Andre said annoyed that his deployment was regarded as a trip. Trips were fun, deployments were long, boring and stressful. "I'm an engineer." He said keeping his answer short.

"He didn't mean it like that Andre' and you know it." Adri said softly and sipped on her mimosa. She rolled her eyes slightly and looked at her father.

"You two are not going to start this today. Do you understand me?" He told his kids with a tone that used to strike fear into them. Now that they were older and he couldn't really punish them, it wasn't as scary but they both nodded their heads.

He ordered a waffle and omelet. He took a sip of his orange juice.

Jake looked down and let out a sigh. "I didn't mean your deployment. I meant your trip home from deployment. I'm sorry. I should have been more specific on my question. That was my fault." He appreciated Adri's jump to his defense though. "I appreciate you working your ass off everyday." Jake had nothing but respect for military personnel.

Jake didn't like that he couldn't exactly put his hand on Adri's leg under the table or do anything to tell her it was okay. Owen was in the way. He kind of couldn't help but wonder what her brother would say if Owen woke up crying. He already didn't like him so maybe her brother could call his mom and they could have a good day together.

Andre' looked from Jake to Adri and huffed, "We need to talk before I leave, Adriana."

Adri frowned, "Don't. I have a dad, he's sitting right next to you. I don't want another lecture about how you want me to live my life."

Andre' shook his head, "So you aren't going to be a good wife and give up this...this...sin you are committing? You are going to continue to show off your naked body like some..?" He glanced at his father and then looked at Adri, "Why kind of image are you sending out?"

"I'd say a pretty good one since you said I would never find a man that would want me and look, I found one." She smiled at Jake.

"You're in good company I'd say." He shot and before things could get out of hand, Maria got both of their attention.

"Are you two getting along down there?" She asked and tapped Drew's shoulder, "Will you switch places with Andre' so I can talk to my first child." She asked sweetly and the boys switched. it wasn't a better position since now Andre and Adri were sitting right next to each other.

"He's such an asshole sometimes." She whispered to Jake and checked on Owen.

Jake didn't feel it was right to let her brother just keep going on but then again he didn't want to start anything at their brunch either. Was he seriously asking her what type of wife she was going to be? What was it to him? If Jake didn't have a problem with her modeling, why should he?

When she mentioned finding a man who wanted her, he looked at Adri and smiled. Want was an understatement in Jake's mind. He gave her a wink. Then her brother dissed him...then again who wasn't that day.

Jake shrugged it off. It wouldn't change how he felt about her and he would still want to marry her. He had a crazy mother, so she had a crazy brother. It seemed to work out perfectly. "it's okay." He whispered and leaned closer to her and gave her a quick, tasteful kiss.

He then looked down at her mother and asked how she liked her shopping spree. He waited until she wasn't talking to Andre' or any other kids. Jake looked at Adri, "When should we give your mom her gift from Owen?"

She kissed him back and almost wanted to overdo it, just to piss off her brother like he pissed her off. With her parents right there next to her, she thought it was best not too. "It's annoying." She corrected Jake and sighed when she heard her oldest brother sit down next to her.

"Do it before breakfast. Have him claim his first favorite child trophy now. I'm going to tell them my good news after breakfast. If Asshole let's me get it out." She rolled her eyes and looked at the waitress when she came into the room. She took everyone's order and menu and then walked off to put their order in.

She smiled at Jake and watched him do his thing. Adri loved hers from Owen and MAx, she couldn't wait to get them to LA and put them up on the wall. She knew her mother was going to be ecstatic when she saw Owen's cute little feet on the board.

"Know who he reminds me of?" He gave her a grin, implying his mother. "Ignore him. That's some advice I got today. And it was good advice." He smiled at Adri. He would totally kiss her more and make her brother mad but he wouldn't do that in front of her parents. If it wasn't for Owen he would have joked to go off to find a bathroom. They did have a bit of a list to go through. He could at least joke right? "Too bad this place isn't on our bucket list."

Again waiting for a moment to get it in he told Maria that Owen made her something and handed it down to her. Jake had it in a frame and in a little gift bag. He was a bit proud he came up with it all on his own.

Just like he was on cue, Owen started moving around and wake up but wasn't the slightest bit fussy. He kept an eye on him but with his bink he was happy.

"That's easy for you to say. You aren't sitting next to your mother." She smirked a little and shook her head, "We are not putting this place on our bucket list." She said softly and rubbed Owen's foot. "If he wakes up, I am sure we can order warm water to start a bottle."

Adri watched Jake give her mother the present. It was really cute how proud he was of his little project. She supposed he deserved the favorite child spot with his son; even though she really didn't want to give it up.

Maria light up when saw the image. Hs little feet and hands looked so tiny and so cute on the paper. "Thank you Jacob. It's wonderful." she beamed in happiness and looked at it a little bit longer. She showed the table and wondered where she should put it.

"Now we all have to do that with our future kids." Alex said and playfully rolled his eyes at Jake.

Maria's eyes light up even more, "I'll clear a wall." She would happily do it for her grandkids.

"Let's wait until we are married to start filling up that wall." Andre' said and took a sip of his water.

Adri rolled her eyes and thought about it, "I have some news actually." She smiled at Jake and looked at her older brother. She knew he would blow up if she said she was pregnant so she let him stew for a moment while she sipped on her mimosa. "I got the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover. I don't know where it is or when it is yet but I know it will be gorgeous and your favorite grandchild would love to stay with you for the week. If you will have him."

Thank God his mother wasn't sitting next to him. Or he would be the one to probably blow up at the table and that was all they needed. "Oh come on this place could be fun on our list." He winked and was totally kidding. "I'm sure he will be fine baby."

"You are welcome. I'm glad you like it." He smiled proudly. "We enjoyed making it. Adri would have killed me though if I got paint on her counter or table." Owen sucked on his bink and just looked around. Jake liked that the brothers were giving him a hard time playfully about the gift. That was until Andre' said his piece.

When Adri started talking about her news he kept his proud smile. He honestly couldn't wait to go watch her in some sexy bikini pose for a magazine. She'd totally have to add places to their bucket list then. "Yeah only if you will have him. I'm sure my sister could watch him if you can't."

Andre' looked at Adri, "He isn't even their grandchild...not technically." Her brother took a sip of his drink. Jake looked at Andre' and his face fell. Things got uncomfortable and awkward fast for Jake. "It's kind of unfair to their actual future grandchildren. You're taking that away from them." Jake looked down and thought about just leaving. Her brother had a valid point he couldn't really argue and he honestly wouldn't.

Adri looked at Jake and then looked at Andre' "But he is their grandchild." She wiggled her ring finger and looked at Jake. "Owen is their actual future grandchild. Nothing is being stolen from them. Mother will be happy to have grandchildren from all of her children. I was going to wait until Owen was old enough to give me an answer and I was going to wait to ask Jake but what better time than now. Jake, when Owen is old enough to consent, I would like to adopt him as my own."

She didn't want to him ask this way but she did truly mean it. She wanted to adopt Owen. She was going to ask as a wedding present because that was what would make their wedding day complete. All three of them officially becoming a family. She wasn't expecting an answer right now. It was a big question that needed to be thought about before he could give her an answer.

She smiled at Jake and looked at Andre', " I'm a model. Jake has a kid. We are getting married. It doesn't matter what you think about it. We are happy. You're an asshole. If this wasn't for mom you'd be soaked in orange juice and I wouldn't be here right now." She rubbed her lips together. "But let's enjoy breakfast. It's Mother's Day after all. We are here to celebrate our ve her brother a fake smile and finished her mimosa. She poured herself a new one and waited for her food to arrive.

It was awkward, that wasn't going to change. Andre screwed breakfast up. The only time there was a real change in tension was when the food arrived and everyone got to eat.

Andre' didn't agree that Owen was their grandchild. "He would be their step-grandson..." He said to correct her. Jake had his head down to keep his comments to himself. Then Adri started to talk to him, and tell him her wishes to adopt Owen. He looked up and met her eyes. It wasn't something he suspected or expected from her. Hell she kept saying how much Layla should be included so this was a surprise.

Jake reached for her hand and instead of discussing it at the table he just gave her hand a squeeze to show he was okay with it, but he did want to talk about it later. Her brother leaned closer to her after she warned him of wearing orange juice, "You don't think he would cheat on you at one of these fights or while you are gone? Guys like him never can keep it in his pants. Look at his son if you don't believe me." He leaned back and took a drink as the food arrived.

Jake started to eat and watched Owen. When they were done eating he would get him out of his carrier so her parents could hold him a little bit before they left. He leaned over to Adri and kissed her cheek. "I love you." He whispered in her ear.

"Does it matter?" She asked Andre' when he corrected her. A part of her knew it was true that there would be a time when Jake was on the road on his own surrounded by women who wouldn't care if he was married to her. She trusted that he would be better than the other athletes that would press their luck and try to cheat. Layla happened before they got together. He was faithful to her know, it wouldn't change after they got married.

"I love you too." She told Jake and ate her waffle. Breakfast was quiet but there was some small talk going on between Andrew, Aiden and Alex. It worked to ease the tension that breakfast didn't solve but only a little bit. Adri knew Andre' and she had a long talking to from their parent's coming up. It wouldn't matter though. There was always this rift between the two. Somedays they got along great and other days they were at each other's throats.

After breakfast, Adri continued to sip on her drink and personally couldn't wait to get away from her oldest brother. Jake took Owen out of his carrier and Maria opened her arms for them so that meant they were stuck for another ten minutes or so so she could hold and cuddle the baby.

Jake got up and handed Owen off to his grandmother. In his eyes Maria was his grandmother. Jake's own mother hadn't even met her grandson. To him family didn't mean blood and after the talk he had with Maria, he knew she didn't either. He was grateful for his talk with her and even though Adri's brother spoke his mind, their mother had as well.

He sat back down but this time moved so he could sit next to Adri. He wrapped his arm around her and looked at Andre' who returned the look with a death stare. He had no idea what her brother said to her earlier. His fingers ran up and down Adri's arm and he talked with her other brothers.

"Should I mentioned UFC 200 or let you keep your spotlight. I don't want to steal your thunder babe." His eyes looked in hers a moment and his love for her showed as he smiled. "Shoot babe...we should have had Max make your mom a picture too. I wasn't thinking." He kissed her shoulder.

"Q whenever you want to head home you have to steal Owen back." He smiled at her with a goofy smile and a chuckle.

It felt nice to be in Jake's arm but she would rather be in his arms at home. She rubbed his thigh and watcher her mother with Owen, "Tell them Boo. I'm sure the three across from us would love to hear it. Everyone is going to want tickets though. That's a huge deal, they will want to be on your side cheering you on." She smiled at Jake and kissed cheek.

She shook her head at taking Owen from her mother, "I don't think we will ever leave then." Even the best kidnappers would have a tough time trying to steal Owen from Maria. She finished mimosa number three and set her empty glass on the table, she debated a fourth but it was too early to get drunk and she didn't know what else they were doing today, if anything.

Before Jake was about to tell him news, Adri's phone rang. Since they were at a family meal, she couldn't answer it and she let it go to voicemail. It rang again and she did the same thing, on the third ring, she took her phone to the bathroom and answered it. She went back to their dining area and took her seat next to Jake, "Did you tell them?" She asked him.

He honestly couldn't blame her family for wanting tickets. It was a bit deal and he would love for them to be by his side helping cheer him on. "I could get them tickets babe not a problem at all."

Jake watched her mother with Owen. She was right, it wasn't happening anytime soon. She loved that kid and loved holding him, that was very clear. "It seems she's having a good Mother's Day." He smiled at Adri.

He watched her walk off. "Well I have some exciting news too. I got called to do UFC 200. I'm fighting Jacare Souza who is currently number two or like third in line. There is the champion, one other fighter than Souza, then myself." Everyone but Andre' was excited and they asked for tickets which Jake said could totally happen. He probably could bring them back to the locker room after the fights even to meet some of the fighters. Andre' looked at Jake, "You really think you are a tough guy don't you?"

Jake looked up him not sure how to respond. "Be in the military. That's what real tough guys do for a living. You wouldn't last one day on deployment. Hell not one day in basic training."

Jake was wondering if Mother's Day was code for Rip on Jake Day. "I think I could handle some physical work. I do train pretty hard. I am pretty disciplined."

"I could break you like a popcsicle stick." Their father told Andre' to knock it off.

Jake was a bit relieved and then happy to see Adri. "Yep. I told them." The moment was awkward again as Jake took a drink of water. He looked at her. "You ready to go?"

She was relieved that Jake was ready to go. She walked over to her mother, who was giving Owen kisses goodbye. MAria stood up and handed Owen back. She gave Adri and Jake big hugs and thanked them both for the presents. She kissed Owen's cheeks and thanked him for the presents as well. Adri moved to each of her brother's, except Andre', and gave them all a kiss and hug good bye.

When she hugged her father she god reprimanded for the altercation at brunch. It didn't matter whose fault it was to him. They were both in the wrong and they would both get a talking too. She apologized to her father, who told her to apologize to her mother. She went back to Maria and apologized for what happened.

When Jake said his goodbyes, she put Owen in his carrier and they walked out of the restaurant. She put the sun visor down when they walked out because she was a few paparazzos outside waiting. They weren't getting a picture of Owen today, no matter how hard they tried. She took the carrier and sat in the back seat to buckle Owen in so all Jake had to worry about was getting them away from the photographers and back home safely.

Jake said bye to everyone. He gave her mother a hug and even told Andre it was nice to meet him. He wasn't sure why Adri had to apologize, her brother started it and pushed buttons. But at least she did. He promised to brong Owen by sometime so her parents could see him longer.

He carried him outside to the car. Once everyone was in he headed home. "Good eye spotting the vultures. Do you want to stop anywhere else Q? I thought about the store. I can just run in and get your steaks. Or anything else we need." He glanced back at Adri.

"Your brother totally dissed my job. Basically saying I could never do his job and he could beat me up." He glanced back at Adri again through the rear view mirror. "I think today is rip on Jake day. But you got ripped on too. You can work out with me if you want." He smiled at her.

"Yeah we can go to the store." She agreed and looked at Owen, "Make it quick though. It's almost time for him to eat." She rubbed Owen's belly and tapped the tip of his tiny nose. "I can use the extra potatoes from last night to make mashed potatoes."

She rolled her eyes when he brought up her brother, "You could always take him in the ring." She told him. "If he really thinks he could take you, he might as well join you in the ring and see who could really win. The only people that can beat you in a fight is Luke and I." She smiled at him. "And maybe Owen when is older. Maybe right now, who knows." She shrugged her shoulder.

She put her head back against the head rest and sighed, "I'm sorry about Andre. He has firm beliefs in what a family should be. He might be a closet homosexual. I don't know. He doesn't like what I do. He doesn't like gay marriage. He doesn't like a lot of things. The world would be archaic if he could control it." She rolled her eyes. "His wife is the sweetest person in the world, I don't get how she's with him but whatever."

"Mashed potatoes sound good. I'll be quick baby." He wouldn't want him to be angry and hungry. He took after his father when he was hungry and got hangry.

Jake appreciated the fact that his woman thought he could beat up her big brother. "But with respect to him, he is military so he probably knows some moves but so do I. I do train really hard. I may put my life in danger every day but I could get hurt too and honestly..." He stopped but he could die in the cage if a ref let it go that far. "I understand I don't do it to to fight for our country but still." He shook his head. "Owen could beat me that's it. Owen knows techniques but isn't as strong. You...you just fight dirty."

He parked and looked back at Adri. "I'll be fast. Anything else special my baby wants?" He got her final requests and took off inside. He moved with a purpose. The steaks were grabbed first, then he grabbed stuff for salads for them and a few things for smoothies that needed restocked. He grabbed two cold Powerades and paid before heading back out to the car. He put the bags on the back and handed Adri a Powerade.

They then headed home.

"I don't know Boo. You're trained in MMA, he's not a seal or anything. He might know the basics of how to fight but you could really take him down and teach him a lesson. Hell, I could probably could if you taught me a few of your moves. I'd love the chance to beat my big brother up." She shrugged her shoulder, nonchalantly. "Would be nice."

She thought about it, "Gummy bears."

She watched him leave and locked the doors behind him. Owen got fussy and she picked him up to soothe him a bit. She distracted him with his binky and that worked for a little bit. When Jake was back and the car started to drive, Owen got a little bit better. By the time they got home Owen was screaming and ready to eat. She left the carrier in the car and just took Owen in the house. Amy already had the bottle ready and she fed Owen.

"Thank you." Adri sighed and looked down at Owen. "You, sir, are so lucky you are cute." She told him and kissed his forehead. "Just like your daddy."

Once they got home Jake carried the groceries in and put the food away. He tossed Adri her gummy bears with a wink. "Babe you know if you want me to teach you moves for your brother, I totally could. We could have a day where we all go to the gym and put on gear and fight stuff out. It could actually be a bit fun." He smiled at her and shrugged.

"Hey...Daniels men are good looking. We can't help it. Not to mention charming and strong." He smiled at Adri and walked by and gave her butt a playful pat as he put the bags away.

Amy looked at Jake, "So, way to go pissing mom off."

"The day I was born I pissed mom off. What's new?"

"Yeah well. She's really upset. She also said something about Larry is getting worse." Larry was their step father. Jake just stopped what he was doing but didn't let any emotion about it show.

"I'm sorry about that." Was all Jake said and gave a shrug. Amy took Owen to the couch to sit down to feed him. Jake just looked at the counter before looking at Adri. She knew he cut off the money but she was the only one who knew anything about it. "Hey...I want to talk to you about something you said at breakfast...he meant her wanting to adopt Owen. "You really mean that?"

"And you both scream when you're hungry." She teased.

Adri looked at Jake when Amy brought up Larry. She knew why Larry was getting worst. She didn't blame Jake for what he did. "Should we go down there? Do you want to see him one last time to say bye or fuck off or something?" She asked. "You may never get another chance."

She opened her gummy bears and ate a green one. "I do. I wanted to wait until the wedding day to officially ask with the beginning of the paperwork or in some sentimental way on our honeymoon or something. I don't know how it will work wth Layla but it's something I'd like to do if we and when we get married."

Back
Top Bottom