Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

Jake thought the idea was nice. "That's cool you have those traditions. We didn't have a lot of them growing up. I would go pull flowers from someone's house though for mom." He laughed a bit and shrugged. "My step father would never take me and I wanted to do something nice, so I would go figure it out on my own."

"Well I do have respect for him for being in the service. I'm excited to meet him. I've gotten the approval of the rest of the family so that looks good, yeah?" He chuckled a bit. Jake turned the food.

"I'm cool with either. They can join or if we have dinner ourselves. Either would be nice. Tomorrow you don't worry about. You boys will take care of you." Jake did have a few things up his sleeve for her. He smiled at Adri. "Is he asleep?"

"I'm pretty sure your tradition was illegal but cute. You did what you could and that's all that matters." She smiled at Jake and kissed the top of Owen's head.

She shrugged and nodded her head, "I guess. I hope so. I know sometimes he can be a jackass but let's hope tomorrow is a good day. It's Mother's Day. I'm sure he will be in a good mood for mom."

She looked at Owen and shook her head, "Wide awake but he is no match for the rocker. He will be asleep in no time the second he gets put down." She bounced him on her leg and looked up at Jake. "But I'm hoping if we keep him up long enough he will sleep all night. I could hold him while we eat. That will keep him up."

"I promise I won't do anything tomorrow that is illegal. I also won't promote Owen to do anything illegal for his hot mama." He smiled at Adri.

He did hope she was right. Her mother deserved a good day. If he didn't like Jake, Jake could always leave brunch. "Well if he doesn't like me, I don't want to cause problems. He doesn't come home very often and your mom deserves a good day baby." Jake really wasn't the jerk most people thought he was. "Why couldn't he wait to get out of the house?"

"My love you are a hopeful genius. I hope you are right. That would be nice to relax with you a bit and have him sleep all night. I can always take him too while we eat." He turned the food again. "We can put him in the rocker while we put a movie on." It seemed it would just be the three of them for dinner.

"So we need to call Layla and my mom tomorrow." He would be fine with a short call for both but who knew how long either would go.

"When you are the oldest out of four children you kind of become a third parent. You have to baby sit or drive them somewhere or pick them up from practice. I don't think he hated it but he didn't get the freedom most kids his age got." She shrugged her shoulder. "I can't blame him for wanting to leave."

She nodded her head to sliding him in the rocker during the movie, "The bassinet might be easier, that way if we fall asleep during the movie, he's already tucked into bed but it doesn't matter to me." She said softly. "I just have to remember how cute he is when he skiles when he is crying at three in the morning."

She nodded again to calling Layla and his mom. "We could probably lay in bed and do that. We'd have to put in shirts to FaceTime Layla but we don't need pants. No pants morning are always good mornings in my book."

Jake knew all too well what it was like to have to not get to do things other kids got to. He also knew what it was like to want to leave as soon as he could. "I couldn't blame him either." They had something in common so maybe that would help Jake.

It was hard to decide where to put him. "Whatever we decide will probably be wrong and he will wake up." He laughed a bit and figured this is what the rest of their lives would be like. "Baby I'll get up with him if he wakes up. After all it would be Mother's Day."

Jake grabbed a plate from inside to put the food on when it was done, which it almost was. "We can push Layla back cause daddy likes no shirt, no pants mornings. And those are even better than no pants mornings." He walked over and kissed Owen's head. "Who knows if Layla will even answer." Jake then put the food on the plate. "We eating outside today?"

She nodded her head, "Most likely but he is calm being held so might as well stick to this." She raised her eyebrows at Jake getting up with the baby because it would be Mother's Day. "If that's what you want to do I'm not going to argue."

She frowned, "The sooner we get the phone calls over with the sooner we can relax before having to get up and get ready for breakfast. Okay? So text Layla and let her know we are going to call or don't and let it be a surprise. I don't care. But we are calling both in the morning."

She nodded her to eating outside and sat up in her chair. "Thank you for cooking Boo." She said softly and waited for him to put her plate down. "Are the flowers for your mother ordered already or are you letting Amy do that?"

Jake figured that it would be nice to surprise Layla. "We can just call in the morning babe." He did like the idea of just being able to relax in the morning with her. The day they were having so far was the closest thing to perfect he could imagine. Owen snuggled into Adri.

He put her food on her plate and set it down in front of her and even grabbed her something to drink. "You are welcome Q. I like grilling." Jake grabbed her silverware and set it down for her. "Aim was taking care of it. I told her to just put all of our names on it. I figured we could mail her gift from Owen, or we really should head that way soon babe. Or try to get her here again." The last sentence he said with a bit of frustration because he knew it was petty much a lost cause. Jake sat down to eat with his family.

He started to eat and thought a moment. "You know sexy, you owe me a date." He refused to let her forget that. Mostly because he wanted to take her out again, but the date would definitely be different. "I feel maybe we should try to make a date night every week or every two weeks so that way we get just us time. And maybe a family day that is just the three of us to spend kind of like today or taking O to the zoo or the park or whatever."

"We can try to head down there but I don't know what my schedule is going to look like coming up. I have teen vogue, sports Illistrated and who knows what else is in the works with my agent. So keep that in mind when you plan a trip down there or ask her to come out here." She reminded him. She knew it was a slim chance of his mother comi down but maybe she would come down for Owen or just to gamble a little bit.

She laughed and nodded her head, "You won't let me forget. We can always do a date night tomorrow. Actually I took you to Louis Vuitton and got you a bunch of stuff. If that's not a date I don't know what is." She smiled at him and started to eat.

"We can try." She laughed. "I would love to try to do that. Maybe we can do both once a month at first and then when I get a real schedule written out with my agent, we can do once every two weeks or so."

"I won't do any planning without talking to you first love. I know we both will have a busy schedule for a bit." It would make it easier if his mother would come to them. Hell he'd pay for everything and she could stay with them. Well the more he thought about that the less he liked that idea. He'd pay for a nice hotel just for her.

"Nope. I won't. You wouldn't let me forget either." He shook his head with a mouth full of food. "No way babe. That doesn't count. I am very grateful for all you got me. I really am. But that is not the same as a date. But that's fine. I'll just take you out then. I have a few ideas for us. But tomorrow we don't have to go out. I was only saying." He took a few more bites.

Jake thought about her idea. "That works perfect for me. I can do that until things are more solid." His eyes shifted down to Owen snuggled up to Adri. "He really loves you." He smiled proudly as he continued to eat. "What kind of movie did you have in mind tonight baby?"

"I'm working on but everything I try to plan the date I get called out. I know what we are going to do so it is only a matter of getting out there and doing it. Okay? Just give some time."

She shrugged her shoulder, "I don't know. This jetlag is kicking my butt. You can pick the movie but I doubt i will make it through it. How about MadMax? That looked pretty good." She yawned and continued to eat her dinner. After a few bites she was done though. She was getting more tired than hungry.

She bounced Owen on her knee and kissed the top of his head. "He loves anything with boobs that will hold him." She said softly and leaned back in her chair. "How nice was it sleeping in our bed last night? That nap I took earlier was amazing."

"Baby I'm picking on you." He smiled a bit.

Jake couldn't blame her for being tired. The time change was something that effected them their whole trip. She also had a big week so it only made sense. "MadMax sounds good to me. It did look good. Works for me. We can watch it in bed so if you fall asleep you are already there." Jake cleaned up his plate. Home cooking tasted so much better than all the take out they had.

She had a point about what Owen liked. "Well he is his father's son." He joked and smiled at her. "But he does love you. He seems calmer with you than other people." He gave her a nod. "Oh babe...sleeping in bed was so nice. If I could have gotten away with it, I would have slept in and not picked you up at the airport." He chuckled a bit. "But I figured you'd not like that and probably kick my ass when you got home. You may change your mind about getting up and making calls in the morning, you may just sleep in." And if she did, that was fine.

Jake got up after he was finished and started to clean up. "You want your massage as soon as we start the movie so if you fall asleep you've gotten your massage?"

"You butt. You probably would have." She shook her head and smiled. "If the shoe was on the other foot, I probably would have had a limo driver pick you up so you could feel like a king as you came home. Then you could have joined me in the bed."

She chuckled, "There is only one person Layla will want to see and I can call your mom later if I do. Either way I have to get up at 8:30 to start getting ready for brunch. Although, if I push my hair up into a ponytail I could probably get up a bit later. My face is pretty flawless right now I could probably get away with eyes and lips make up wise." She hoped it stayed this way but she would probably wake up with a planet on her forehead.

"You don't have to give me a massage Boo. You just have to get Owen to sleep tonight. I'll take my massage tomorrow." While Jake cleaned up, Adri changed Owen's diaper and got him swaddled up. he was still wide awake but with a little bit of rocking, he would be asleep in no time. She went upstairs to get the movie started and she covered her hair up. She brushed her teeth and pulled the covers back. She slipped out of her dress and got in the bed with Owen. When Jake came up, she would hand him over and then she would sink into the nice forever cool mattress.

Jake laughed. "That is a lie. You'd only have the limo pick me up so you could sleep. Don't even play. Your sleep is more important to you than mine is to me. I remember one morning was rough for you and I made a lot of noise and it pissed you off." He chuckled.

He just looked at her with a blank face. It takes you that long to get ready? Babe...your face is always flawless. Who needs make up? You look beautiful without any. That's actually one of the most attractive ways you look. You don't need make up covering up your natural beauty." He kissed her softly.

"I don't mind." He meant it too. It was nothing giving his girl a massage. He finished cleaning up and then joined his family upstairs. Max was on the bed watching over his baby brother. Jake stripped down to his underwear before climbing in bed and taking Owen. He started to waych the movie and ran fingers through Adri's hair.

"Yes but at the end of the day you would get to join me in bed. Isn't that what you want?" She asked him with a small pout. "I had a hangover and you were doing it to piss me off. You always seem to forget that." She reminded him.

"We have to be there at 10:30. I have to do my hair and makeup, get myself dressed, wake you up, get Owen up, ready and dressed, pack his diaper bag, make him a bottle...so yes. It take me that long to get ready. But if you want to wake up early to get Owen dressed, fed and packed for a morning with family, please be my guest."She smiled at him. "I don't think I am going to wear that much make up tomorrow."

Once Jake had Owen, Adri settled into the bed and watched the movie. She got up to Max leaving the women behind and then she fell asleep. It didn't take that long for the comforts of the bed to drag her to sleep.

Jake chuckled a bit. "I was a bit mean that morning. I'm sorry. It was kinda funny though. But baby you are not a morning person."

He listened to all she had to do and shook his head. "You forget it's Mother's Day. I will take care of O. You don't even have to wake me up. But you left out getting me dressed." He teased. "You always claim I have no fashion sense which offends me a bit. Not going to lie." But he shrugged it off.

Once Owen was asleep he laid him on his legs for a little bit while he watched the movie. He smiled at the view of his entire family asleep in bed. Jake took a picture and posted it online. "I've been to London, LA, NYC, and home in Vegas the last few weeks, yet this is the most beautiful sight I've laid my eyes on in all of those places. #gladtobehome #lovemyfamily #Danielsclan" He finished the movie and got up and put Owen in his bed. When Jake got up Max looked at him confused but didn't get up. Jake turned the monitors on and climbed back in bed. It wasn't long before he was asleep like the rest of them.

In the middle of the night Owen only woke up once and once Jake put his pacifier back in his mouth he went back to sleep. He got up around 8am and let Owen sleep a bit as he got Adri's Mother's Day gifts around. There was one from Owen and Max as well as white roses from Jake. Closer to 8:30, Jake got Owen and laid him in bed with Adri. He climbed over Adri and started kissing her face. "Baby....babe...?"

Adri woke up when she heard Owen on the monitor. She would have gotten up but true to his word Jake was on duty and went to figure out what Owen needed. She went back to sleep and stayed asleep until she woken up again. This time she had Owen in her arms and Jake was whispering her name and kissing her.

She sighed and opened her eyes. She smiled when she saw the white roses and turned on her back, "The roses are beautiful. Thank you Boo." She said softly and sat up. She scooped Owen up and kissed his forehead, "And thank you Baby Boo." She kissed his chubby cheeks and scratched behind Max's ear. She saw the board and picked it up, "That can go to LA. That way I have you guys when I am gone." She kissed Jake again and leaned against the headboard.

"Are you ready to make the calls? Let's get them over with before brunch."

"You are welcome. Max made a board too. I figured that we can just add to it with all of our babies." He kissed Adri's temple. Owen smiled when she kissed his cheeks. "That would be nice for LA." Jake smiled and kissed Adri again. "Do you want coffee or a smoothie this morning?" She was his queen and he was going to treat her like one.

"Yeah baby we can make the calls. Layla first? I don't know how long mom will talk." He sat next to her and grabbed his phone. He called Layla.

Jake took Owen from Adri and rested him back against his chest as he leaned against the headboard.

The phone rang and rang and rang, and Adri didn't think she would pick up but finally it stopped ringing and a sleepy Layla answered the phone. "Hello?" She asked and it was clear they had just woken her up. Hopefully this would be a good wake up call though.

"Will you turn on FaceTime?" Adri asked her and looked at Jake.

When she processed who was calling her she woke up a bit more, "What's wrong? Is Owen okay?" She turned on FaceTime and then turned on the camera. When she saw everyone on the bed, she frowned a little. It felt like they were rubbing their happy lives in her face.

"It's your first Mother's Day so we felt it was right to give you a chance to see your baby boy." She sat Owen up straighter for the camera.

She smiled, "He's gotten so big...and fat." She laughed. She looked at him, "Wow he looks just like me. He's perfect." She said because she knew it would get under Jake's skin. She took a screenshot of Owen when he was looking at the camera. "Thank you Adri because I know this was your idea. And congratulations on your engagement. I'm sure the wedding will be beautiful."

Adri smiled, "Thank you. We have a couple more calls to make but if you want to see him later, give me a call and we can do his again."

Layla nodded and Adri hung up Jake's phone. "I think I want a smoothie after we call your mom. Strawberry, banana like in your binder but no protein powder." She smiled at him and laid Owen down since jake's mom didn't have an iphone and couldn't facetime.

Jake didn't realize Adri was going to take over the phone call but went with it. He took the fact that Owen was fat was good since he was so little when he was born. "Well you know I like food so he takes after his old man with that." Jake chuckled a bit. He was a bit bummed though that he did look so much like Layla. He kind of hoped Adri and Jake's kids looked a little bit like him.

"Hey...how do you know it was her idea?" Jake looked at Adri when they hung up. "How did she know it was your idea? I have good ideas." After they hung up he looked Adri over. The two of them had gotten along pretty well. He knew neither really liked each other but was getting along and being nice for Owen. That meant a lot to Jake and showed the maturity of both women.

"I can make you one of those baby." Jake called his mom and put it on speaker. "We haven't officially told her we are engaged." Jake made a face. That shows how close they had been since she told him about his father.

"Hello?"

"Hey mom. Happy Mother's Day. How are you?"

"You aren't her biggest fan Jake." Adr said softly and kissed his cheek. "I'm surprised you two stopped arguing long enough to make a baby." She teased. She figured they were probably on better terms back then or he just hate fucked the crap out of her. She didn't like to think about it too much though. It was weird having a son right now, no need to focus on how he was made.

"Well I was sleeping." She sighed.

Adri smiled, "Happy Mother's Day Ms. Daniels. There is some stuff coming to your house today. Are you going to be home?"

"Oh great, flowers. To stink up the house and make my allergies go wild. Thank you Jacob."

Adri shook her head and got out of the bed. "Owen says Happy Mother's Day too."

"Who?" She asked genuinely confused and then it clicked. "I guess I should say the same to you since my son can't keep it in his pants."

Not too many months ago, Adri would have agreed to that statement but she was going to let Jake fight that battle. She kissed his forehead and walked into the closet to find her dress for breakfast and then she would start getting ready.

Jake rolled his eyes. The woman couldn't even be polite when he called to wish her a happy Mother's Day. He let out a sigh to try to keep himself from flipping out on her. He shot Adri a look about the flowers.

"Sorry to wake you up. Thought maybe it would be nice hearing from you son and his family for Mother's Day." His eyes shot back to Adri when she mentioned he couldn't keep it in his pants. "Maybe you'd know your grandson's name if you would come to visit him. You just have to say the word and I can have you on a plane in a day or two."

Jake watched Owen, "There's something on it's way from Owen to his grandma too. I hope you like it. I won my last fight. I'm scheduled to fight UFC 200 which is expected to be a big event so it's kind of a big deal." He didn't expect her to care but he figured he'd keep her posted. "Oh and Adri and I have some news to share with you." Jake looked at Adri with a look like why...why did he call. He made a motion like he was hanging himself. "So yeah mom, I asked Adri to marry me." And unlike you she loves me so she said yes. But he couldn't say all that.

Adri looked at the dresses she had picked out and chose the black dress so she could wear a cute pair of colorful heels to go with it.

Even though Jake was going to dress him, she picked out what she wanted Owen to wear and set it on the bed in their room so Jake knew. Jake didn't have khaki pants so he could exactly match Owen but she did pull out a navy blue button up and a nice pair of black jeans. She didn't think the king of T-Shirts would wear a bowtie.

"You won at a beat me up competition. That's great." She said sarcastically. "I know." She abut the engagement. "Charlene told me. Is she pregnant too? I'm going to give you a piece of advice. Get her pregnant now so you have something to hold on to when she comes to her senses later."

Jake saw the dress she picked out and he made a face like he liked it. Then when she set Owen's outfit down on the bed and he nodded. He would feed him first so he didn't get food or spit up all over his outfit.

He let out a sigh when she dissed his work. Then when she asked if Adri was pregnant he shook head and rolled his eyes. "No mom she's not pregnant. She said yes cause she loves me." Then she gave her some advice, if you'd call it advice. He looked down. That one stung a bit. "Keep running your mouth the way you do and you may not get invited." He got up and grabbed Owen and his phone.

"I called because I hadn't talked to you since before Owen was born. I was trying to put things between us behind us. Sorry for waking you. I really hope you like the things all of us got you. I really put some thought into part of your gift." Not that she probably cared so why should he. It was pretty fucking sad that his fiance's mother treated him better than his own mother. "I have things to get around for today. I hope you have a good day." He said his good byes and got Owen a bottle ready and also grabbed some to pack up for their day. He was pissed and needed to keep busy before he flipped out. Being insulted was something he didn't sit and take very often. She was lucky it was Mother's Day. Jake fed Owen and walked back upstairs to get his bag packed up.

After Owen was fed and burped, Jake got dressed himself and honestly did have khakis that he had bought in New York and he did put on a bow tie. He then got Owen dressed too.

Once Adri said her part, she didn't listen to the conversation anymore. She was gone picking Owens outfit when she told Jake to get her pregnant. By the time she walked back in Jake was taking Owen downstairs.

She stuck to what she said the night before and kept it super simple with the make up. She basic nude shades around her eyes with a small wing liner and she did a bold deep blood red lip. She took her hair out of the braids and bunched it up into a ponytail. She decided the curls made it look too wild so she twirled it into a bun. She looked at her face in the mirror and decided on a quick light contour and a highlight, then she called it a day. She grabbed her shoes and walked into the bedroom.

She smiled happily when she saw her matching boys. "You two look so cute. I love it." She kissed Jake and Owen. They kind of matched. She wished her top was navy blue but it didn't matter too much.

"Since our conversation about back up plans, I have been thinking about some stuff. I know I said I want to go back to school but I think I also want a company of my own. Like a make up brand with my name on it. I have a rainy day savings account that I could tap into for the funds and of course I would put it all back when the company was making a profit. You will have your gym and I could be a make up mogul. Like Jeffree Star." She smiled at Jake and went downstairs, "What do you think?"

Jake was a bit quiet. Then he smiled a bit when she mentioned that they looked cute. He kissed her back. After standing up he grabbed Owen's bag and followed Adri downstairs. "That sounds really nice baby. I think you could totally do that. You'd be good at a makeup line babe. But do you have enough saved up? I don't know what all you need for that."

He grabbed the bottles and added them to Owen's bag. He let Max out and waited by the door holding Owen. "You didn't hear what mom said...she asked if you were pregnant. When I said no she said I should knock you up so I have something to hold onto when you come to your senses." He looked out the window at Max. That really hit close to home cause he was always afraid she would come to her senses.

It was hard for him to push back his feelings after his mother's call. She knew the words to say to put him in a rotten mood. But also words that stung and stuck with him for hours or even days.

He let Max in. "I'm ready when you are."

Back
Top Bottom