Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

Once the walk was finished it was time for the after party. Adri changed and went to see her mother so they could go to the party together. Her mother was acting all cute, happy to watch her daughter work and all of that.

Adri did get a special moment with the designer and she asked him for the shoes so she could out them in her collection. Of course he didn't just give them to her, she did have to pay but the shoes were hers and she could put them on her wall with the other shoes she walked in. She hoped it would be easy to get the shoes from the other designers.

When she had a down moment she called Jake and hoped he was awake, "Hey Boo." She said happily. "Mom said you didn't look so hot when she called you. Are you okay? Are you going to the hospital? I'm sure one of, or all of, my brothers will watch the boys while you go to the hospital."

Jake heard his phone ring and knew from the ringtone it was his girl. He answered it after he found it in the layer of blankets. "Hey Adge." He let out a sigh when she mentioned what her mother said and about him going to the hospital. "I'm okay. Why do you think I'm going to the hospital?" It was probably a good thing she couldn't see him. He was almost in tears from the pain and it could be confirmed with the sound in his voice.

"I saw your walk. Baby, you did so good. I'm so proud of you. You looked damn sexy. I wish I was there baby. But I'm glad you get to do this with your mom. I'm sure she loves it." He closed his eyes and made a face from the pain.

He was trying like hell to let it seem like everything was fine. He didn't want her worried but he wanted her home the minute she could be. "You're staying an extra day to shop with your mom? So you'll be home what Sunday? Or are they going to whisk you off somewhere?" He almost couldn't imagine if she had to go somewhere else for a job. He wanted her home, just being with her comforted him. Jake knew it was him being a bit of a wimp but he didn't care. He had been in a lot of pain before, but this, this was different. The baby wipes weren't going to happen before, but now, it just may. "If I do the baby wipe thing, what about my hair? It's going to be gross."

"Because if you don't go I will come home and force you to go. In fact I'll call and ambulance and have them come and pick you up. Do you want that? Or do you want your father to take you to the hospital?" She asked.

She smiled,"Yeah mom is very happy to be here. I just hope she doesn't share any embarrassing stories with the designers and journalists." She looked in at the party and then turned to face away from it.

"I don't know. Milan is next week Tokyo is the week after that. If I get picked up I could be whisked away but i don't know if it will happen or not." She explained. "Let your hair be gross Boo. I can wash it when I get home." She told him.

"Jake, go get checked out. I'm not there to force you and that's why I'd don't want to leave. Because I knew you wouldn't go on your own. Just go. I cannot afford to come home right now and force you to do something you should already be doing. Just go."

Jake rolled his eyes. "Adri..."

"She's your mom, she's allowed to share embarrassing stories." He knew her mother wouldn't do anything to embarrass her too much though. Her mom was pretty cool.

So she may not be home to wash his hair if they pick her for Milan or Tokyo. "Well if they pick you, you have to go. You have to go babe."

Jake let out a breath. "Adri...please stop treating me like a child. I don't need you to force me to do anything. I was planning on going in the morning. I'm not making anyone stay up all night at the hospital if it can be prevented. I just didn't want you worrying about it. Trust me, I am one fight away from being champion, I'm not going to do anything stupid to fuck that up. If I was I'd be in New York right now." He let out another breath and bit his tongue on what else he wanted to say. If he said too much more she probably would go off on another job like she always did when they fought. He wasn't sure why she was being that way with him. "I was really hurt only one time since we got together. And yes maybe I did do too much with my elbow, but that was one time, you can't compare every injury I get for the rest of my career off of that one injury Adri. I'd really appreciate it if you stopped talking down to me like a child. I've done thing but listen to the doctors and you. Have I liked it no. But I'm doing it." He shook his head.

"Then stop acting like a child and just do what you need to do. You're obviously in pain. The pain mess aren't working. Go to the hospital and tell them that so they can give you something stronger."

She sighed and rolled her eyes, "Fine." Last time he didn't have internal injuries. This time he did. It was her job as a future wife to help in sickness and in health. She was trying to help but fine. He could handle it on his own.

"Tell me what the doctors say when they figure out what's going on. Okay?" She bit her lips together and looked at the party. "I should get back to the after party and mingle some more before bed. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Okay?"

"How am I acting like a child? I said I was planning on going in the morning. Maybe I can get in with my doctor, if not, then I'll go to the ER. But I wasn't going to make everyone run around tonight." That was the truth too. His dad just got Owen down and turned in, he just laid down himself, no reason to disturb either of them. He could suffer through the night.

He didn't see her helping, but instead nagging him and treating him like a child. She wasn't there trying different methods to help with the pain or even sitting by his side while he breathed through it. Yelling at him to go to the doctor when he already planned on it and talking down to him wasn't helping anything or anyone.

"Yeah. Have fun. I'll text you when I know something. Good luck tomorrow." He said softly. Before he hung up he stopped. "Adge...we miss you. But we're proud of you. Love you."

"Whatever you want to do." She said about him going to the hospital. If that was what he wanted then she'd just agree with everything he said. She wouldn't bother him about it anymore.

"Thank you. Miss you too. Love you too." She hung up and went back to the after party. Andre made an appearance and told her she did a great job and looked great. She talked to him and what he had been up to and what not. He knew why they stopped talking but she missed having someone to talk to about work and having someone honestly proud of her and not proud of her but upset that she would have to leave.

She had a couple drinks with Andre and then she wished him good night and went home with her mother. The next day was much the same. She had to get up early and get in the hair and makeup chair. Do the final fitting and a quick rehearsal before the big show. This show was more important to her since she was the opener for Marc Jacobs.

Jake got up early since he slept for shit and called to have flowers delivered to Adri's room. The card just simple said that her boys were proud of her and loved her. Once Owen and John were up and moving Jake said something to his father about going to the doctor. His doctor was booked so they'd just go to the ER. He had her father come over to watch Owen.

Andre snuck to the back to see Adri. "Good luck, not that you need it. Care to join me for dinner tonight?" He smiled at her. He saw another opportunity to see if they could go anywhere, but this time he'd play it a little more cool. He wasn't giving up on getting a chance with her.

It was still hard for Jake to breathe but not like before. His chest still felt heavy. John to Jake to the hospital and luckily the same doctor who worked the night of his fight was working. He saw Jake again and ran some different tests. MRI and a nerve test. He found out what was wrong and had some options on what to do about it. Once Jake got home, texted Adri to not worry but call whenever she had time.

"Thank you Dre." Adri smiled. "I don't know if that's a good idea. Stay for the after party if you want but I should stay with my mom tonight. I don't want her getting lost in the big city." She laughed. "I have go open the show. I'll see you later though." She smiled and went to get her clothes on and then get in line.

She opened the show like a champion In a short multicolored sequin gown. The shoes were the big show stealer being a good 6 in high wedge. It looked hard to walk in but they were pretty easy because they were wedges.

She started so she ended the show first. She had a while before the last model walked so she called Jake for a quick chat. "Hey what's up? I have a good five minutes before the last model walks."

He gave her a nod. "I'll do that. Thanks." He smiled and gave her a wink before going to find his seat.

Jake watched her walk but was surprised she called him. "Babe...it can wait...you're at the show. I went to the doctor. We have a few things to discuss and decisions to make. Nothing life or death. We can talk about it after the after party or when you get home. I'm home though." He moved a bit to get comfortable. "I saw your walk. You look damn gorgeous. You did good baby."

He sat on the couch with a heating pad on, he was given more meds and different ones as well. Before he did make a decision on what to do, he figured he should get her input on what he should do. But it was something he didn't want her worrying about or messing up the walk for.

"I trust your judgement Jake. Do whatever is best for you. You can tell me about it later though. Glad it's not life and death. Thanks for clarifying." She laughed. For the first time she really looked at her reflection and smiled. "Thanks Jake. Did you see the shoes? I can't wait to bring these babies home." She looked at her and took a seat and crossed her legs. "And this dress is tiny. I kind of want this too. I might be coming home with it too."

She checked the time and sighed. "Andre is going to be at the after party. He asked me to dinner but I said no. For obvious reasons but I realized how much I missed talking to someone in the company. He was my first model friend. I don't know, I miss being able to talk about the business with someone. I'll get more when I start at express and Victoria's Secret but I might hang out with Andre soon." She told Jake so he wasn't surprised if he saw pictures of them together.

She looked at the time again, "I have to go get ready for the final walk. I will talk to you later to hear about the things you wanted to tell me. Love you bye." She hung up quickly and went to her spot in the line and did the final walk.

He wanted to make the decision together, but he couldn't really tell her that. "Yeah," He said quietly. "If you want the dress, get it. If you need me to pay for it, let me know. I will. I would have bought it for you if I was there."

When she mentioned hanging out with Andre, that just pissed him off. Why would she want to hang out with someone who had already made a point to hit on her. It was like her first Fashion Week all over again. He kept warning her about him and she didn't listen. Now he was home crippled on the couch while Andre could make his move again. "I don't think that's a good idea..." He said softly but he figured it would either just piss her off or not make a difference. But he had to say it.

"Alright. I love you." He hung up and tossed the phone to the side. He was going to try to sleep cause if he let his head dwell too much on it, he would go crazy not being there. He went up to bed. It was amazing how winning he felt like on top of the world and now he felt depressed and angry. It hadn't even been a week and how things had changed.

His mind went over what he should do about his injuries. He wasn't sure what he should do. No matter his decision, it may push his title fight back.

She laughed, "I don't need you to pay for it Jake. I got it." She smiled and nodded her head, "Yeah I know you would have but you wouldn't have too." She told him. "I'm still thinking it over. He was a good friend before that mess happened." She told Jake but then she had to go.

After the show she changed and then she asked about the dress and shoes. It was a pretty penny but she got both sent to her hotel room. Then she enjoyed the after party with her mother and Andre. Her mother got tired and went back to the hotel room. Adri should have gone with her but she wanted to mingle a bit more with some designers so she sent her mom to the hotel and stayed a while longer.

When she was ready to go Andre walked her back to the hotel and the. He went off to his own hotel. She took a shower and got in bed. Her alarm was set for the next morning which wasn't too far away so she got as much sleep as she could.

For the last time she was up and getting ready for another fashion show. The last fashion show for Alexander Wang.

Jake didn't mean it like that. "I just didn't know how much money you had with you Adri." He knew she could buy it on her own but he didn't know if she traveled with that kind of money. When he bought her dress, he had to send a check because he didn't carry that cash on him or his checkbook.

He tried to sleep but didn't get much of it. He trusted Adri but not Andre. Jake was miserable and in pain and nothing was working. He was about ready to cut a limb off. He honestly felt like he was going mad from the pain. In the morning John got up to feed Owen and found Jake sitting in the hot tub. He was ready to try anything and he thought maybe the heat would help.

When he was done sitting in the hot tub, he climbed out wrapped a towel around him. He went in and saw Owen and that was the only thing that made him smile. He kissed his head and went upstairs and just stood in the shower. Jake hated he had so much pain and no way to get that emotion and frustrated about it out. He couldn't work out. After awhile of standing in the shower he got out and put on a pair of basketball shorts, not worrying about boxer briefs. He made his way back downstairs to sit on the couch. John gave him pain medicine, more than the doctor prescribed just to let him sleep. John was half debating calling Adri but he knew his son would kill him. Jake before long was out.

The only thing different about today was the fact that Adri wasn't able to call Jake before or after the show. Her mother wasnt allowed to call him either because there were no phones allowed in the Wang tent.

After the show, Adri got her shoes and then she changed and was off to the after party. She only stayed a couple hours and then she went back to the hotel to crash with her mom. When she woke up her mother was talking about going to dinner and how Adri didn't eat anything and all this other stuff. The only way to get her to stop was to agree to dinner. So Adri got up and got dressed to go out.

She remembered to call Jake on the way to the restaurant and set a reminder to call him after dinner. The next day she would go to the bank and withdrawal the money she owed the designers for the shoes and the dress. She'd probably get a security guard to walk around with her so she would feel safer with all of that money around. She ordered a salad for dinner but she barely touched it. She paid for the meal and then the mother daughter duo took a walk around the beautiful city to see all of the lights.

John kept Jake pretty medicated but didn't over dose him. He made sure it was okay with the doctor and he agreed to write another script if he needed it. He also prescribed a medication to help him sleep.

Jake didn't hear the phone call. Owen was having a good time with his grandfathers. Adri's dad was bored a lot with her mother with Adri so he spent time getting to know John and spending time with Owen.

Jake was awake enough to eat and sit with Owen who was trying desperately to walk but failed. He had fun trying though.

Adri got up early the next morning to deal with the designers getting paid and then she came back to the hotel room and went back to sleep. She didn't wake up again until the afternoon. Then she ate lunch with her mother at the hotel before they did some shopping.

She did call Jake but john answered and said Jake was sleeping. She didn't want to wake Jake so she let him be but asked john how he was doing and how Owen and Max were. She told john to tell Jake that she loved and kissed him and give all of her boys a kiss for her.

She and her mother went out and did some damage to Adri's debit card but it was worth it to see her mother happy. They packed up all of their new stuff and set the suitcases by the door for tomorrow morning. They had an early flight and then they'd be home by tomorrow afternoon.

Jake's next day was much like the day before. He rested most of the day. When Adri called John, he hesitated answering because he didn't know what he'd tell her, then as they talked he knew his answer. "He's been resting a lot. The medicine makes him tired." It wasn't by any means a lie but he kept certain things out. When she got home he'd fill her in with more.

He did get up in the afternoon for a few hours but wasn't much company. He was in so much pain. Owen missed his parents but it helped that Jake was there at least a little bit. He climbed up on the couch with him and John tried to make sure he didn't crawl over Jake. It was like Owen and Max both knew daddy didn't feel good so they just snuggled up with him. Owen wanted to lay on his chest but Jake couldn't let him and Owen didn't like that as he cried. "I'm sorry buddy. Daddy will hold you and wrestle with you as soon as I can. Mommy will be home tomorrow to hold you." He kissed his head.

It was the worst feeling in the world to be in such pain and not be able to hold your own child. Especially one as young as Owen who didn't understand. Jake was going crazy and didn't know what to do.

The rest of the New York trip was pretty relaxed. She was able to sit back with her mother and watch recaps of fashion week. Adri took a picture and posted it to instagram.

Early the next morning she was on a plane back to New York and the flight was pretty easy they made it home safe and sound. Her father picked her up and dropped her off and then took her mother back home. Adri walked into the house and left her things by the front door.

She saw Jake sleeping and kissed his temple but it was Owen that got her attention. She scooped him up and gave him kisses and tossed him in the air. She smiled when she heard his laugh and kissed his cheeks some more. "I missed you." She told him and pinched his cheek and gave him more kisses. Then she kneels down and gave Max a bunch of kisses.

John smiled at Adri when she came in. Owen was saying her name the second he saw her and let out a little shriek of excitement. "They all missed you." John said. "Especially the big one." He pointed to Jake.

"Do you want me to fill you in or want to wait until he wakes up?" He looked at the time. "Which may be another hour yet." He looked back at his future daughter in law.

"Jake said you looked really good for your walks. How did the last one go? He hasn't really talked to you in a few days. He hasn't really talked to us much either." He chuckled a bit. "If you need to rest for a bit, I have Owen. I can even stay a few extra days so you can get things done or spend time with Jake. I've heard from Amy and Luke. Their honeymoon is going well. They are having a great time."

"I don't know. I'm sure he enjoyed me not being here nagging him." She said softly and looked at Jake.

"What's been going on? He said he has two option to fix something,or something like that. Let him tell me that pet. But how has he been? Honestly. My brothers said there is something more than he is letting on but that's all they said." She rolled her eyes and looked at John.

"The last one was great. A lot of people loved Wang. He is one of the top shows this season. It was an amazing experience." She smiled when he told her about Amy and Luke, "I'm glad they are having fun. I think it will be pretty relaxed here. I can handle it. Well I hope I can. Owen probably won't let go of my side and neither will Jake now that I'm back. As long as they don't get jealous of each other I'll be fine."

"He missed you." John smiled.

John sighed when she asked how he had been. "Honestly? Well, he's struggling Adri. The guy is in a lot of pain. So much where he can't sit or sleep. I had to call the doctor to increase his medication and give him something just so he can sleep. He tries to hide how much pain he is in so imagine how much he's really in. He tried the hot tub, heating pads, ice. Ice is bad. Don't do ice with him, it makes it worse. Heat helps but not entirely. It kind of takes the edge off. The last few days he's been sleeping a lot. He's been up to eat and visit a bit. I feel if he's sleeping he's not feeling the pain. But sometimes he even makes noises in his sleep like he's in pain. The verdict from the doctor is nerve damage. So the pain isn't just muscle or something sore, its damaged nerve so it's causing more than just local pain. The doctor said something about trying creams and rubs. He's been sleeping so we haven't discussed anything. We tried the nerve medication but frankly I think it needs increase. Since I went to the hospital with him and been with him this week, if you want or need me to go to the next doctor appointment, I'd gladly go."

John watched Owen and Adri. "I'm glad you had a good time." He smiled. "They just may get jealous. If you do need me please call. I'll be home so just let me know and I can come over, even if it's just so you can nap or go to the store." He grabbed some papers from the stand. "I got some offers for Jake too. A few magazines want to do interviews and Sports Illustrated wants him to be on one of their covers as an up coming fighter. And powerade wants to do a commercial but I told both he is injured but we'd keep in touch. He doesn't know about the offers but I think it's cool you both get selected for Sports Illustrated and he isn't even champion yet." John smiled before getting up to leave. He grabbed his stuff and hugged her. "Do not hesitate to call if you need me."

Adri sighed when he said nerve damage. What could be done about that? She thought surgery would be the best bet to tuck the nerve back where it belonged but she didn't know for sure. And Jake wanted her to back off of the medical care stuff so she would let him decide what he wanted to do. His body, his choice. "Thank you John. I'll let you know if you should go with him or not. It depends on who he wants with him." She told him.

"Careful John, if you keep saying that, I might jump in my car and run away. It wasn't that bad this week was it?" She teased. "I'm sure he will love that. You should tell him. It might make him feel better, at least a little bit. Work always makes me feel better." She shrugged her shoulder. "It would be cooler if we could do a cover together but I don't know the odds of that happening." She said softly.

"I am fine here with them. Go relax." She kissed his cheek and walked with him to the front door. "Have a good day. I'll call if I need you." She promised and closed the door behind him.

She sat on the couch and played with Owen. She kissed his cheeks and got him down a nap in her arms. Since every one was sleeping, she laid her head back and took a nap too until Jake woke up.

"It wasn't too bad. It's just makes you feel helpless when your child is in pain and you can't do much to help him." He showed her Jake's meds and what each was. One was a normal pain medication, another a nerve pain med, and a med to help him sleep. He went over the directions with her.

"I'll let you guys get a day or two before I let him know the news." He gave Owen a few hugs and kisses before leaving.

When Jake started to wake up, he let out a few groans of pain he then looked next to him and saw Adri. He smiled. "Hi there. How's my sexy girl?" He wanted to kiss her but moving wasn't happening a the moment. "I missed you."

"Hi there." She smiled sleepily and looked down at Owen who was still sleeping. She put her fingers to her lips and looked at Jake. "I missed you too." She said softly.

"Your dad gave me the rundown on the pain meds and when you get them." She looked at her watch and looked at Owen. "I'll get them for you in a second." She told him and rubbed Owen's cheek. SHe moved tot eh edge of the couch and then set owen in a mechanical rocker and went to get Jake's meds. She opened them and took out the right dose and then handed them over. She set them ont he table next to him and got back on the couch.

"So what did you want to talk about?" She asked and pulled her feet under her body.

Back
Top Bottom