Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

She laced her fingers together and put her hands on her forehead, " Don't. Don't call your dad for every little thing. I'm overwhelmed, okay? I can do this," She waved her hands over the area, "on my own. Just stop for a second."

She needed to cool down. She knew she needed to cool down or she would say something she would regret later. "I'm going to put myself in timeout. I am going to take Owen upstairs to his nursery and just chill out for a little while." She stood up and pulled out each of the pills he needed to take and made sure he had something to drink it with.

She took Owen upstairs but Max, feeling the rift, stayed with Jake so he wasn't alone.

Rose wen upstairs and played with Owen on the floor. She kept him happy and distracted. She just needed him to be happy until bedtime and then she would put him to bed and she could go sleep in the guest room until he woke up again.

"It's not a big deal. I know he will come...but fine." He dropped the phone on the cushion next to him. He didn't say anything else as she said she needed to go upstairs. Jake let her go.

He watched tv awhile. He went back and forth between EAPN and a movie. He decided on the movie and took his meds.

It didn't take long before he fell asleep. He stayed asleep most of the night except when Max whined to go out. Jake got up and let him out. He stood outside with him until he was finished, then Jake used the bathroom and got back on the couch where he fell asleep and spent the rest of the night. The couch wasn't too bad as he was sitting up and had pillows. He would have much rather shared the bed with Adri but it was like she was afraid to touch him.

She got Owen to sleep pretty easily and she put him in his crib. She knew she ruined whatever progress was made by putting him in the drink with a bottle but she felt the need to rock him to sleep and put him down that way.

She went downstairs to ask Jake if he wanted to move to the bed but he was knocked out on the couch and he actually looked pretty comfortable so she let him be. She went upstairs and took a shower. She washed her hair and then climbed in bed.

She woke up when Owen started to cry in the morning. She used the bathroom and then went to soothe her boy. She took him downstairs and made him breakfast. She made some bacon and eggs for Jake and set his morning pain pills on the plate too.

She felt better she wasn't sure if Jake would feel better or not. They did need to talk but it could wait until later.

Jake woke up in the morning to the smell of food. It smelled amazing. He opened his eyes and looked around a bit. He got up and went to the bathroom. Max had gotten up to see Owen. After using the bathroom, Jake walked into the kitchen.

"Hey. Morning." He walked over and kissed Owen. "Hey buddy. Daddy didn't get a chance to say good night. I'm sorry. How are you this morning?" He rubbed his leg a little before kissing his temple. Jake then looked at Adri. "Hi..." He kissed her cheek.

He saw the plate with his medicine on it. "That mine?" He started some toast and a fruit smoothie too. He was hungry. He hadn't been eating much but smoothies seemed to go down easier and he could still get some sugars and fruit in that way. He sat down at the table to eat. "How did you sleep?"

She nodded her head to the eggs and bacon being his. She was in the process of making her own meal. Owen was eating some cool down eggs and dry cheerios. She poured some orange juice and set it on the counter for Jake. For breakfast, Adri was having a banana and a couple strawberries. No doubt Owen would try and steal a strawberry so she cut one up and gave it to him. She fed Max so he didn't feel left out while they ate.

"I crashed. I wouldn't call it sleep but I feel better." She told him and took her seat.

"I'm sorry about last night. I was tired and grumpy and I was honestly expecting you to sleep so I could hold Owen and sleep. I didn't want to talk. I just want to rest. And you make me feel like the bad guy every time I leave to work. I just didn't want to hear it last night."

Jake started to eat and looked at her while she said she crashed. "You had a long week. I'm sure you did crash. I'm glad you feel better.

He watched her talk. "I'm sorry too. I misunderstood what you saying so then my comment probably didn't help anything." He took a bite of food and looked at her. "Babe I missed you. Of course I want to talk to you and spend time with you. Even if it's just sitting together watching tv. But you seemed like you couldn't get near me cause I may break or something. You seemed mad you had to come home. And maybe I was just reading the grumpy and tired as that." He let out a breath. "I don't mean to make you feel guilty. I think it's awesome you are doing so well and if I didn't get hurt I'd be able to travel with you. And we could do this together. But...I can't and it freaking sucks." He wanted to say the other f word but Owen was there and he needed to be responsible. "Instead we're miles apart from each other and hell if your mom doesn't go to Tokyo then I won't get to see you walk and it sucks. You know me Adri...this being tied down and not being able to do anything is killing me. So I'm sure I'm a bit grumpy too. I don't want you to think I'm upset with you about anything. Cause I'm not. I'm just frustrated with the situation. I can't even pick up my own son...." He put his fork down. "Do you know how hard it is to hear him cry for me and I can't pick him up. He doesn't understand." He looked down.

He got quiet for a minute. "I guess I just feel frustrated cause I pictured you coming home and at least holding me hand...and tell me that I'm not crazy. That the pain will go away and no matter what we chose together to do. Cause you are my fiance so this does affected you too, that whatever we choose it will be okay. That I will still get a fight and become champion and it will be okay. I kind of needed that little bit of a reminder that we're in this together. Instead you've barely touched me and just seem like it's inconveniencing your plans. Maybe I'm reading it wrong." Jake wasn't trying to fight, he was just sharing how he felt. "I guess we both just needed to relax last night. I'm sorry."

She nodded her and decided to just tell the truth. "I don't want to touch you. You are in so much pain and I can't do anything to help you besides give you pain pills that barely work. I came downstairs last night and it looked like you were peaceful so I didn't kiss you good night even though I wanted too. I'm not touching you because I'm repulsed by you. I'm not touching you because I don't want to hurt you." She explained.

"And....yes, a small part of me was pissed off because it's been about you for the past four months. It's been about you and getting ready for this fight with Souza and it being the last fight to that title fight. And then when there is a chance to make it about me, you get internal injuries and nerve damage. I know this is a rare occurrence in the fighting world but a black eye I could have dealt with. I was hoping for a black eye to be the worst of your injuries. So yes, I was upset just a little bit but at the end of the day your health means more than anything."

She ate her banana and put some more cheerios on Owen's tray. She felt better talking to him. She hoped it wouldn't spark another fight though. "It's not easy being engaged to you. You walk into the ring and there is nothing I can do from there. Everything depends on you at that moment and I don't know what to do with myself. And I don't know how many more times I will sit in this position worried about internal injuries and nerve damage."

Jake just sat there and listened to her. "Being with you helps. Seeing Owen laugh and play helps...You could have kissed me good night. It wouldn't hurt me to receive a kiss. And if I do move wrong and it hurts, I do that sitting down. At least it's something worth being in pain about."

He was glad she was being honest about her being pissed off he got hurt. It wasn't easy to hear, but at least she was honest and he finally knew that's partly what it was. He just stayed quiet because he was afraid of saying something wrong. His fork played with his food. He wasn't really in the mood to eat anymore.

"I'm sorry." Was all he said and let out a breath. He got up because he needed to put himself in time out and breathe a moment. He went outside and sat down. Jake was confused. She wanted him to let her in so much at the beginning of the relationship and now that he has it's almost like the wrong thing to do. If he depends on her it's like it's too much. Maybe he should just fly to Tokyo, fight the pain and if he can't fight anymore than at least she wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. She made him seem selfish for going through all the bullshit he did and then have a fight and get hurt. But it was part of his job, and she told him, she was in it...but was she? He had no way to work out or clear his head and it was driving him crazy. He couldn't even call Luke to come get him out of the house, not that Adri would let him anyway.

She felt bad but she didn't know if she should feel bad or not. She was being honest but she felt like maybe she shouldn't have been that honest. No too honest would be her admitting she didn't know if she was ready for this. She was happy engaged to Jake and raising Owen. She was nervous about the foreverness of being married. They fought so much and she didn't know if it was a normal amount of fighting or not. Her career was only going up and she wasn't sure she if could balance traveling for work and being a good wife and mother. She didn't want to pick one over the other either.

When Owen finished cleaning, she wiped his face and hands off and let him out of the high chair. She washed the dishes and put them away and then took Owen into the living room. She went back to the kitchen to look for what she was going to make for dinner. She decided she needed to go to the store if she wanted to make anything she could eat.

She took Owen upstairs and got him dressed for a trip to the store. She set him in the middle of the bed and got dressed herself. She put her hair up into a ponytail and picked up Owen and her purse.

"Hey, I'm going to grab some groceries. I'm taking chubby with me. Do you need anything?"

Jake went in and sat down since Adri was upstairs when he came in. He didn't really watch tv. Instead his head ran through what was going on. Then his mind went to what Layla said. She said she'd be there for him when he got hurt. Adri instead made him feel like he was being selfish for being hurt.

When she walked into the room he shook his head. "No. Thanks though."

Before he could let her leave, he let out a breath. "Adri...I was thinking...I'm just going to go with you to Tokyo. I can take my meds on the flight to help me sleep. We can leave Owen with dad. I want to be there for you and support you. You we were right...I don't want to take this from you. This is your time for it to be about you. And I want to be there to support you."

She nodded her head, "Alright. We won't be long." She told him and kissed the top of his head.

"Jake..." She sighed and rubbed her lips together. She next to him on the couch with Owen in her lap, "Your intentions are good. They are and I want you there. I really do but it isn't safe. And fashion shows are more than me walking on a stage. There are after parties and when we go somewhere together I want it to be special. I want to go sight seeing with you and do the runway or photoshoot. I want to do all of these things with you. I don't want you to feel the need to put yourself in danger or pain for me. You can come with me to the next one. I'd rather have you with me at 100% so we can drink Sake together and see a geisha performance and walk around the city. I don't want you to go like this because you feel you have too. You can support me from here by getting better." She put her hand on his thigh and looked him in the eyes, "Please?" She wanted him here near his doctor because she didn't want him in a plane and have something happen to him.

She put Owen back on her hip and stood up. "The doctor says you can't travel. This isn't me nagging you. It's me telling you to follow the doctor's orders because he knows better than the both of us. If you want to get back in the ring then you will do everything the doctor says. You kind of have to focus On you right now. You have no other option."

Jake nodded. "I figured you'd say all that. And first, I'm not doing anything because I feel I need to. I want to. I want to be there with you." He let out a breath. "If I can get some cortisone shots or get in to a doctor this week...maybe I'll be feeling better that I can travel. It's worth a try."

"If I can get it okay through the doctor and get the pain under control then what? And I will do everything you want to do. Walk around the city. Party till we both pass out. See whatever show you want to see. Drink whatever you want to....within reason." He smiled a little. "Let me at least try Adri. If it doesn't work out then, okay I'll stay home. Well I'm not worried about getting back in the ring right now. Supporting my future wife is more important to me then some championship title." He told her that being completely honest. "It's true. It's time to focus on you. Like you said it's been about me for the last few months. It's time to be about you."

He motioned for her to come down to him. "I want a kiss. From you and Owen. But your first so you don't have to get a slobbery kiss from Owen." He smiled.

She smiled and nodded her head, "If you get the cortisone shots and get the pain level to a minimum and get played by a doctor, I will but your ticket. I promise. But remember what you said we are doing everything I want." She smiled and kissed his forehead.

She kissed his lips and the. She leaned Owen over and told him to give daddy a kiss. It was more of a suck and kick on the cheek but it was his version of a kiss. Adri handed Jake a wipe and kissed Owen's cheek.

"We will see you in a little bit. If you need us to rush home just call. I love you."

"Deal. I'll do everything you want...within reason...do not take advantage of that. I am still gonna probably have some pain..." He smiled.

Jake kissed her back. "Bye big boy. Take care of mommy at the store. " He He gae Owen a kiss then thanked Adri for the wipe to clean off the slobber. "Your kisses are messier than Max's goober."

"I'll be alright baby. I love you too." He looked at his ipod for the best neurologist in Vegas. He'd try there first. He called a few places and actually ended up making an appointment for Wednesday. That gave him a couple days after to see how it does. The guy did the burning of the nerves if he'd need it.

Jake then just rested with a heating pad on to help with the pain. He needed to get through the day without sleeping the whole time. He could do this. He would just have to work hard to get there.

Adri and Owen went to Target to grab some food and got distracted by the toy section and then the clothes and before she knew she had a cart full of things for Owen and some food items as well. She even found some really cute scarves so she threw those in the cart as well.

When she came home she dropped Owen off in front of Jake. Owen was sleeping in his click in seat. Adri went back to the car and dropped some bags off in the kitchen and other in front of Jake.

Finally she was finished and sat down on the floor. "We got a little distracted but Owen told me he really needed these things for his growth and brain development." Adri smiled and started to pull the toys from the box and open the boxes to get everything out and ready for play time. "Look, this is going to help him walk." She smiled, even though he was barely crawling.

Jake looked at her when she sat Owen down on the floor. Then she came bag with bags. "Should I be doing something?"

When she came back in and looked at the bags, Jake shook his head. "You spoil him Adriana. Good for his growth and brain development huh? He told you that? Those huge words when normally I get babbling and a few daddy mommys in there?" He nodded and rolled his eyes with a smile. "He's been trying to stand up and let go and fails."

"So...Wednesday...I have an appointment with a doctor here in Vegas. He's the best neurologist in city. Hell the state...I did some research. He can do the cortisone and then if I need the nerves burned off he can do that too. Are you willing to go with me Wednesday or take me? Or do you want me to get dad to take me?" He checked out all the stuff she was getting out of the bags for Owen.

"Watching the baby." She told him when he asked if he should do something.

She shrugged her shoulder, "It was a small moment of genius. He looked at me with his big blue eyes and I just knew he wanted it." She smiled. "And I'm allowed to spoil him rite now. He's just a baby. It's not like he's going to be a brat because he's surrounded by toys."

She pulled out a few puzzle toys for Owen to play with and listened to Jake. "I can take you on Wednesday. I want to be there when he does it so I can get the what to expect from the procedure with you."

Jake rolled his eyes with a smile. "A small moment of genius huh? What do I get when I look at you with my blue eyes?" He rolled his eyes. "It starts with toys Adge. It atarts with toys..."

He looked at her clothes. "Really? Clothes? Is that for brain development too? Or to look good while his brain develops?" He teased her. "But he is pretty smart already."

"Why do you want to be there?" He looked at her confused.

"What did you get me? I'm the hurt one here. No stuffed animal or anything?" He teased.

"A kiss is what you get. Depending on the mood of course." She smiled and wanted to throw something at him but he was in pain already so he got lucky.

"With this scarf he will learn his colors and this scarf helps his sensory. He can feel how soft it is. And yes, it helps if I look good while he learns." She smiled unashamedly.

"So I can know what to expect next out of it. There is going to be after procedure care and it helps if he explains it to me. Rather than reading it off a paper. If you go with me to Japan, I need to know these things. If something happens when we are on the plane, I need to know when to tell the crew to take us down."

She looked around the pile and handed him a bear, "This is for you. It records messages and when we are gone, whoever is watching Owen can push the button and it will play the message you recorded."

"I better get a kiss." He gave her a playful look.

Jake rolled his eyes and shook his head. "You're ridiculous you know that?" He smiled. "You use your son to buy things and say its for his growth and development. That's low." He teased.

"Probably when I say I can't breathe and gasp for air." He teased with a smile. "I'll be fine babe. I'll probably save medicine to take for the trip and maybe they will give me something to make it easier to get through."

He looked over the bear. "That's cool. This will be nice. We can tell him we love him and miss him. And his mommy smells funny." Jake smiled and played with it trying it out. He told it that Adri smells weird an then played it back. "This is awesome." He chuckled a little.

"You are not saving medicine. We will just get you another perscription." She nodded her head to him getting something else.

She rolled her eyes, "I take it back. That's not for you. If you don't use it for its intended purpose then you can't have it." She told him.

She looked at Owen, "I want him to wake up so I can play with him....I mean so he can learn with his toys. So he can grow and develop." She corrected herself and was tempted to wake him up but she learned the hard way go never wake a sleeping baby so she let him be and sat on the couch.

She'd play with the bear for now.

"If they write another one. I don't want the doctors to think I just am looking for drugs. Cause I'm not..." That was a worry with anyone who was in pain.

"You can not take it back. You gave it to me." He then tried again telling Owen that Mommy and Daddy love him. "There happy?"

Jake shook his head. "I don't recommend it babe. Plus he's cute when he sleeps." He smiled and shook his head. "You can want to play with your son. It's okay." He smiled and kissed Adri's cheek when she sat next to him. "You can cuddle up to me. I'm not going to break. I promise. We may want to get some in before he wakes up." He rested his hand on her leg.

"You're not Jake. You're in pain and if you are in real pain, which the doctor will know, he will write you another perscription. Plus, your dad and I have been the ones handing you the pills. It's not like you're over using them."

She smiled and nodded her head, "Yes, very happy." She told him and stuck her tongue out at him.

"That car ride knocked him out. I don't think he's getting up for a while. He's getting too heavy for his click in though. We are going to need real car seats and that's going to be a botch. We have to carry him out now." She sighed and it her head on Jake's shoulder.

She took the bear and said, 'Mommy loves you more than Daddy.' And played it back. She smiled at Jake and played it again.

"I know that. I just want to make sure the doctor knows that. It's a new doctor. I don't know what he will say..." He shrugged.

He stuck his tongue out at her as well. It seems that things were back to normal with them. They both had a better understanding where the other came from. They were celebrities with demanding jobs. The relationship wouldn't be easy but if they wanted it and worked at it, they could make it work.

Jake nodded. "If I'm with you I can get him. But yeah he's getting to be that size. Our boy is getting big." When Adri put her head on his shoulder he kissed her head. "See I'm okay." He said softly.

Jake rolled his eyes. "That's lies. Don't lie to him. You don't have to help yourself in this department Adri. He said mommy first. He always wants you. Seriously?" He tossed the Bear at her.

"He is much bigger than when we first saw him. He's a lot fatter but that's okay. Fat babies are cute babies. I can't wait until he's walking so he can take me on dates. He's going to be my little gentleman. If we had a house full of boys, I'd have a date every day. I'd never be short on flowers." She smiled.

"Owen loves mommy more than daddy." She recorded and played it back. She kissed Jake's cheek. He loves us the same amount, don't worry." She teased and set the bear down.

She pulled her feet up under her and lacd her fingers with Jake's. The TV wasn't on but watching Owen was entertainment enough. Even when he was sleeping.

Back
Top Bottom