Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

Jake nodded to Owen being a sleep. He just watched her with him for a bit. It was good to have her home.

"Okay." He said softly. When she brought them to him he sat up to take them. He drank half of his water before leaning back again.

He looked down when she asked her question. "Well...the doctor said I have nerve damage. That's why I'm in so much pain. They are trying meds and we can try topical creams to help. I don't know if the meds are doing much besides knock me out. And I can't train like that. It may not go away. Or they can try nerve blocks. But it won't be a permanent solution. Or they can go in and burn the damaged nerve ending off. If they do that I hold the risk of down the road if I have a heart attack I feel the symptoms and pain. Or surgery is a solution too. But that is risky being by my other organs." He looked at her with his head back against the couch. "I just want the pain to stop. I don't care about fighting. I just don't want to hurt." He said quietly.

It was a tough choice. It didn't sound like anything would help. It was a decision she couldn't make and didn't want to make. It could ruin his career and that was the last thing she wanted. If he wanted it to stop he could choose between burn the nerve and surgery. Either way all plans were put on hold until he felt better.

Owen started to whine and Adri got up to soothe him and brought him back to the couch so he could sleep some more. She looked at Jake and rubbed her lips together. She felt bad for him. One kick could easily ruin his career.

"What are you going to do?" She asked softly. "Maybe you can get a second opinion from another doctor. We have the money, we can do anything. But if you want to stick to your decision we can do that. But I do think you should go to the best."

She thought about it and looked at Jake, "Have you told Dana?" She didn't want him to get schedule for a fight right now. She didn't know how that affected him becoming champion.

He watched her get Owen and come back. His eyes watched Owen. He was adorable when he slept, especially snuggled up to his mother.

He made a face with his eyes like he did know. "I wouldn't mind a second opinion. But I agree that we have to go to the best. Whatever we choose if I want to keep fighting, I can't have room for error. I need something that I can get better and heal and get back to training. The shitty part about it is it may take awhile."

Jake let his hand rest on her leg. "Yeah. He's willing to wait a bit to see how things go. If it's too long he may give someone else my shot." He looked at her. "I can't really blame him..." It bothered him though. He worked hard for this. "If this pain goes away I'm all for training and kicking ass. I'm going to have to have Luke change his training. I'm going to have to guard my ribs a lot more. Luckily Bisping is as technical of a fighter as Souza. He's more of a puncher or a ground and pound."

"What are your thoughts Adge? You're my fiance I want your opinion and thoughts on this." He ran his hand over her leg.

"Well that's good. He does have a lot of other fighters. Title fights only happen so often. Maybe heavyweight will have one before you guys. I don't know but Dana will figure it out. He's a smart guy." She said softly.

She nodded her head to him changing up his training from now on. "There should be some focus on blocking kicks in there somewhere." She looked at Owen and rubbed his fingers.

"I trust whatever you want to do." She rubbed his hand and looked into his eyes. "It's up to you, Jake. You're the one in constant pain. You know what you want to do so say it. Do you want the surgery or do you want to try the other ways before you do surgery?"

Adri was right, Dana did this for a living. He could easily figure something out and he would't screw Jake if he didn't have to.

"It's not like I didn't try to block them before. He was fast. I missed them...You try to block punches but sometimes they come through. You can't always help it." He watched her with Owen.

He shook his head and let out a breath. "No I don't know what to do. I'm afraid of making the wrong decision. I'm afraid if we try everything else and I'm still in pain it's just taking longer to heal and start training again." He ran his hand through his hair and groaned. "I don't want to do surgery unless I have to. But let's get a second opinion and get to the best doctor." He looked her over. "I want to snuggle with you. And you need to help me get clean. I feel gross."

"Okay. I'll get your iPad and you can figure out which doctor you want to go to. He doesn't have to be close. We can always drive to California if we have too." She told him. "Or fly if we really have too."

She nodded her head, "You and Owen can take a bath together and then we can all snuggle. But we have to wait for this guy to wake up first." She said softly and turned the TV on to a fashion show that was still talking about fashion week New York and the. Talk to Fashion Week Milan and Tokyo with the big question being 'would they see more Adri in the other shows?'.

When Owen finally woke up he was hungry so after getting him fed and getting Jake whatever he wanted to eat she set Owen on the floor and went to get the bath started. Then she came back down for Owen and told Jake it was ready for him. She took Owen upstairs and got him undressed and let him stand in the water with her holding him but she would take him out when Jake got upstairs so he could get in first.

Jake looked at Adri. "Babe...did you get picked for Milan or Tokyo?" He smiled a little. "You are killing it." He was more than proud of her. "I hate I missed it."

He got up to head to the bathroom upstairs. He was slow but got there. He pulled his shorts down and climbed out of them and stepped in the tub. "I wore just shorts and no underwear just for you." He smiled and slow sat down but when he did a few curse words escaped his lips with a wince and groan.

He looked up at Adri. "Will you get in too?"

"I got picked for Miu Miu in Tokyo." She said softly. "I don't think I got anything from Milan he hasn't told me at least. Mini Miu is in two weeks." She looked him over and wondered if she would be able to go. He might push her out of the house but if he had surgery and was still in the hospital she was needed here more than there."

She kept Owen distracted while Jake cursed. Owen seemed okay with the bath. He was great at sitting up on his own so she was counting on him to sit up and enjoy the water while she washed Jakes back.

"You need a bath. Not a cuddle bath but a wash you down and get you clean bath. That's what I'm going to do. And then I'm going to hope that you can get out of the bath." She told him as rubbed his leg. "Can you hold O while I scrub you down?" She asked.

"Okay. I wonder if I can travel by then to go with you. That would be awesome to see together. I know I missed this one, but if I get to see Tokyo that would be awesome. Then when we get home we can go check out our destinations for our wedding." He smiled and kissed her softly.

Jake rolled his eyes. "You wash me down from in here. Plus, I'm not sure about leaning on back on the back of the tub. That may not feel very well. I just think it will be more comfortable for you to be in here with me. But I could be wrong." He said softly.

He nodded and moved his legs so Owen was playing in the water between Jake's legs. Jake held his hands up on Owen's hips to make sure he was okay. "Are you going to wash his hair too?"

"Yeah. It would be nice if we could go together but if you get surgery you won't be able to travel for a while." She reminded him. "If that does happen, would you mind if I left the day before the show and then came back the day after? Actually with the time difference I think it would be two days before the show and I wouldn't return until two days after."

She got him a bath pillow to lean back on if he wanted. She used it when she took hot baths. It was comfortable and it could help Jake out in this situation. She got soap on a cloth and rubbed his back gently first so they could get it out of the way.

"I don't want to wash his hair. I don't want to hear him scream his head off and o don't think you want to either." She washed Owen's chest and back and then she washed Jake's chest. "I can take him out and let more hot water run in if you want."

Jake looked at her with a confused look. "Why are you asking me if I mind? It's your work. You gotta do this baby. I'll be fine." There was no way he would let her not go even if he did have surgery. Hell if he had surgery while she was gone, he'd still make her go.

He thanked her for the pillow and leaned back on it after she washed his back. "Why are you being distant?" He asked looking at her.

"If he needs it I'll do it..." He looked at Owen and grabbed the shampoo and put it into his hair. "Give me a wash cloth. Watch this..." Once he had it he put it over his face and quickly rinsed the soap out. He only had to use two cups full of water to rinse it all out and none got in his face and he was happy. "Now you can play with that too." Jake said giving him the wash cloth. "He's okay for a minute. I don't want more water. I have to sit in the hot tub for it really it help." He leaned his head back a moment as Owen splashed and played. He looked at Adri.

"Because you might have surgery, a serious surgery. If you want me here I will stay. There will be plenty of fashion weeks. There is only one of you."

She looked at him, "I'm not being distant. I'm thinking about when you need to get out of the bath, you are going to need help doing it. Help will come easier if I am dry and not a risk of slipping on the tile floor and busting my head open."

She watched him wash Owen's hair and nodded her head, "I'll remember that for next time." She said softly and watched Owen play in the water. When he leaned back she put shampoo in her hands and massaged it into Jake's hair. She used the cup to rinse it all out. "Let me know when you are ready to get out. I'm going to go warm up dinner and get him a diaper."

"Adge...I'm not going to let you pass this up. I'll be okay. I love you for that though. I really do." He smiled at her.

Jake shrugged. "I'm not going to get you all wet from a kiss and you've been distant since you got home. Like if you touch me I'm going to break." He said softly.

He closed his eyes as she rinsed the shampoo out his hair. "Where's my wash cloth?" Jake teased. He wiped the water off his face once she was done. "Thank you babe for helping me. By the time you get back up here we will both be ready. I'll let you get him first then me. I may need your help and I'll probably curse a bit too. Sorry." Jake spiked Owen's hair up as he played in the water.

"I can honestly say I don't know what you're talking about." She said and shrugged her shoulder. Her focus was on getting him clean and then in the bed.

She got dinner warmed up for both Jake and Owen and then she back upstairs. She got Owen all dry and put him in a fresh diaper and a cute dragon onsie. She set him in the play pen in their bedroom and then went to get Jake.

"Let's get you out of here." She said softly and then waited for him to tell her what he wanted her to do to help get him out.

He let out a breath but didn't say anything else about it. Jake poured water on Owen's shoulders and he turned and looked at his dad who was smiling at him. "What you looking at?" Owen said 'dad.' Jake chuckled a bit.

Jake let Adri get Owen out and waited until she came back for him. He looked around as he figured out the best way to get up. There was no pushing up off the side of the tub. "I think I'm going to try to maneuver to my knees. I'm going to kind of roll over and then go to my knees then hopefully up." He looked at her a little unsure. "Why did I not just sit in the shower? Don't try to lift me, just let me use you for balance okay?" He gave her his hand that was facing the away from her so he could is it as balance to rotate around. As he did he reach the other side of the top of the tub. When he rotated he groaned from pain. He got to his knees like he planned, all he had to do now was stand up but he needed a minute. Jake had a face full of pain as he breathed through it. His grip was still strong against Adri's hand. When the pain started to subside he stood up. "Okay. I'm okay."

He grabbed a towel to dry off. "Can you get me a pair of shorts?" He dried off what he could and handed the towel to Adri to get the rest. "Thanks Adriana."

She nodded her head to not lifting him. She ground her teeth together because he was gripping her pretty hard but she didn't say anything about it. He was in more pain than she would ever be in. He turned bright red when he was finally standing. She gave him a second to adjust and then let him dry as much of himself as he could. Then she dried off the rest. She helped him step out of the bath and went to get his shorts.

"It's what I'm here for." She told him and kissed his cheeks. She helped him get in the shorts and then grabbed Owen and took him downstairs.

She put him in the high chair and put some noodles on his table top so he could feed himself. She set Jake's plate down next to Owen's and she ate an apple and peanut butter while trying to feed Owen his homemade peas and carrots.

"Here I thought you were here cause you like my ass?" He smiled a little. He had to joke still to keep his sanity. He got dressed and followed her and Owen downstairs.

Jake sat down next to Owen after giving his head a kiss. "What you eating? That looks yummy baby." He smiled at Owen and pretended to steal his food. "Thanks for warming up dinner." He looked at Adri, he knew she was watching what she ate in case she did take Tokyo. Jake knew how hungry he would get sometimes while he was dieting for his fights and his cravings, he could only imagine how she felt.

"Tell me about Fashion Week." He told her as he took a few bites as he watched Owen drop noodles to Max. "Hey...no." Jake shook his head and Owen just smiled at his father. "Dad said no. Max doesn't need your noodles." He looked back at Adri, "did you teach him that?"

"You're welcome." She said softly and kept feeding Owen when he wasn't feeding himself.

He started dropped them to Max and when Jake said no he stopped for a little while and then started again. She caught Owen's hand before the noodle fell and took it from him, "No." She told him and set the noodle on the tray. Once again he was good and then picked one up so she took all of the noodles away and fed him herself.

He started to whine but Adri shook her head, "You don't get it if you are going to give it to Max." She told him and since his mouth was open she popped some food in there so he would eat for her.

He looked at Adri. "Babe...tell me about your week." He said softly, asking her for the second time. Something seemed off with her and he didn't know what.

Owen was normally pretty good but of course he'd get into trouble trying to help out his buddy Max. "Max has his own food buddy. He doesn't get people food." He pointed to the noodles and veggies. "That's Owen's food. Max's food is over in his bowl." Jake and John had been trying to point things out and explain them so he learns them. It may sound dumb towards a kid not even one yet but he'd catch on eventually. Owen already seemed smart. "Max...out of the kitchen." He pointed to the living room.

"When do you find out about Tokyo?" Jake kept eating. "Do you want more than an apple?" Jake only ate about half of the food and was done but stayed out in the kitchen to talk to Adri while she fed Owen.

"Sorry. I was focused on feeding him. Um...it was great crazy hectic. Amazing. I loved it." She smiled. "The editor for vogue was at every show I was in. I got to talk to her for a little bit. So I could be getting a magazine cover for vogue soon. Who knows." She shrugged her shoulder, "But work could get pretty crazy for me."

She bit her tongue when he asked about Tokyo, "Yesterday morning. I got Miu Miu. So I won't be here next week. My agent is going with me to Tokyo. So I'll fly to LA and then I think we go to Hawaii to pick people up and drop them off and then we will be in Tokyo." She smiled. "All the lights and colors. It'll be really fun. I'll get you guys a tshirt and teddy bear."

She shook her head, "No I'm good with this." She said to her apple and took a bite and finished feeding Owen.

Jake's eyes widened. "Really? Vogue? That's awesome babe. I'm proud of you baby." He smiled and leaned over and kissed her cheek.

His head fell a bit. "Then why did you come home?" He looked at her before looking down. "Wow. Alright well then I guess I'm not going to get to go with you to Tokyo. Why didn't you say that when I brought that up?" He asked softly. "Well kick ass babe. I'm very proud of you." He smiled at her and got up. "I'm going to go sit in a more comfortable chair."

He moved to the couch and sat down and reclined back. He grabbed his phone on the stand and texted his dad that he would need him again sooner than they had thought. He was bummed it was so soon after she got back and that it would be only probably longer before she'd be back. The next text he sent him was that he may need him to take him to a different doctor appointment. After he thought about it, maybe he should have just made the decision on his own instead of waiting for Adri. She didn't really give much input and made him make the decision himself too. He looked at Max, "Max come here buddy." Max hesitated then went in to sit with Jake.

She titled her head and gave him a look when he walked away. Why did she come home, maybe because he fiancé had a medical problem and they needed to talk? She shook her head and ate her dinner before cleaning up Owen and taking him to the living room.

"I don't leave until the end of the week, Friday to be exact. I came home because I thought I was needed but if I'm I can always go to Paris fashion week and watch a few shows. And let's be honest, you were never going to make it to Tokyo. You have nerve exposed somewhere in your body. You can't fly. It's like 14 hours in a plane to get to Tokyo. You wouldn't last that long on a plane and you're still recovering from a cut up lung. It just doesn't work out." She set Owen down to play on the floor.

"Should I leave? Should I call your dad back and just leave?" She asked him.

Jake let out a breath. "I didn't mean it like I don't want you here Adri. I meant if you were needed in Tokyo why didn't you go to Tokyo." He looked down and thought about what he should say. "It's not so cut and try about whether or not I need you." He looked down and shook his head. "Well I didn't know Tokyo was that soon. I'm still learning the fashion world like you don't know everything UFC either. So in my head, I was going to try like hell to be there. But if you knew it wasn't a possibility why not say that? It's like you got my hopes up that I'd be able to go and support you then crushed it."

He had no idea how to answer her last two questions. He didn't want her to leave but felt like she didn't want to be there the minute he woke up. But felt she had to be. It made sense why she was being distant. She was starting to resent him already. "Adri...I want you here. But if you need to go for work or because you feel like you need to then I can have dad come back. But I don't want you angry at me or resenting me because you came home and you feel you should be somewhere else or because you want to be somewhere else. I think your view on me needing you and your view of it is different. But that's okay." He looked at Owen who wasn't expecting her to leave again so soon either.

"You just said you should have left yesterday not Friday...how is that not supposed to make me feel guilty that you came home instead of going straight to Tokyo. I don't want to hold you back Adri. I never have. That's what I meant about asking why you came home. Trust me I'm happy to see you. I'm not sure if the feeling is mutual though. And I'm just being honestly." He said softly. "You know...you not once mentioned me getting flowers for your walk. Did you even get them?" It kind of hurt she had time to hang out so much with Andre but not even comment on the flowers he got for her since he couldn't be there with her.

"You couldn't make it to New York, what makes you think you could make it to Tokyo? I'm not saying it to be mean but honestly, Jake. What made you think you could go on a 16 hour plane ride to Tokyo when you can barely sit on the couch without being in pain? I'm not getting your hopes, you aren't thinking logically."

She rolled her eyes and sighed, "I get it Jake. You don't want me to take care of you like I take care of Owen. So I'm not. You're hurt, you're a grown man. I'm letting you tell me what you need. That is what you told me to do. You said stop nagging. if my help is seen as nagging then you tell me what you need and I'll do it and that's that. You don't get to complain when I do as you ask. I'm not resenting anything. I am home, I had a crazy few days and all I want to do is sleep and relax before I do it again. I came home to be with my family and get some rest but I can't do that with out you making me feel guilty of something."

She shook her head, "You asked when did I learn about Miu Miu and I said yesterday before my flight home. I told you when we were watching TV that Tokyo fashion week isn't until the week after this one. I don't have to leave until Friday." She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know. Maybe. I don't know if I got your flowers. I don't remember. If I was in my room, I was sleeping. I got up at 6 and then stayed at work until 1 most nights. I didn't check my room every day for flowers."

She ran her fingers through her hair and wondered why she came home. She didn't want to argue. She just wanted to come home and relax but that wasn't happening. She couldn't go to bed because she had to put Owen to bed first because Jake couldn't lift or carry him.

"Because I was hoping that I could have something done before you had to leave for Tokyo. But I guess I'm not thinking logically." He said softly.

Jake rolled his eyes and shook his head. "That's not what I said. You were getting after me cause you think I'm not doing the stuff that I should be or vice versa. It's that kind of stuff that bothered me. You just automatically thought I would go try to work out or overdo it. I've seriously sat on this couch or the bed unless I was doing something that I thought I could do to relieve the pain. I was just asking for a little bit more credit."

"I'm sorry I was meaning when you had to leave for Miu Miu. Misunderstanding on my part. And just because Tokyo isn't until next week doesn't mean that you didn't have to leave before. You could have been asked to do other things in the mean time. It wouldn't surprise me with how well you did this week. Your career is taking off." He watched her and just gave her a nod about the flowers. She must not have noticed if she didn't remember if her fiance and son got her flowers.

He grabbed his phone. "I'll have dad come back so you can relax like you want to. Cause you won't get any with Owen cause I can't help much."

Back
Top Bottom