Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

He sighed. Maybe he wasn't going to make it. Jake really wanted to be there. He felt like he was letting her down by not being there to see her walk and being there for support. It really was starting to bum him out.

Jake really did appreciate being snapped at. "I'm asking thinking about how it's going to feel across my chest and the ribs that are broken Adri. I think if you slam on the breaks cause of some idiot it's going to hurt like hell against me. But thanks for snapping at me." He looked out the window. It had nothing to do with asking permission because he wanted to get away with doing something he shouldn't. It really worried him about being painful against his chest.

He was kind of upset she snapped at him but he texted his dad. Once he got inside he went to the kitchen and got water, "I'm sleeping in my own bed." He said softly before walking up the stairs. It took him awhile, but he made him. He was out of breath and tired so he climbed in bed. "Dad will be here in the morning." He said softly again and grabbed the remote turning the tv on.

"A little bit of pain in your ribs is better than flying through the window and dying. I'm not going to speed home either. I'm going to take my time. If some idiot does swerve in front of us, I will be prepared and try not to slam on the brakes. Okay? I just need you to relax. I'm sorry for snapping but sometimes you need it."

She nodded her head to him wanting to sleep in his own bed. She walked behind him, ready to support him or catch him if she needed too. She got him upstairs and to their room. She pulled the covers back so he could get in bed and then pulled them over Jake's legs so he wouldn't have to reach for it or get out of bed later. She set his water on the nightstand with his pain pills and kissed his temple. She opened he bottle and took two pills out and handed them to him, "Eat up, buttercup.You'll be eating these things like candy most likely." She said softly.

"I'm going to go get our boys and bring them home. If you're still awake, I will bring them in to say good night and then put them to bed." She said softly and rubbed his thigh. "I'll be right back. Are you hungry? Do you need anything before I leave? " She walked out of the room and grabbed her keys. She drove to her parents house, picked up the boys, went tot eh store to get some powerades for Jake and came back home. It was a forty minute trip there and back so she wasn't gone too long. She was worried about leaving Jake home alone but she trusted he wouldn't do anything stupid.

He was quiet, still a little upset about her snapping at him. He hadn't said much on drive home. He was a little clingy at the hospital and she shut that down too. She would barely touch him. Once he was settled in bed, he took his pain medicine and got comfortable. He said okay to her going after the boys. He would try to stay up so he could see Owen. "Can you bring them in regardless if I'm awake or not. Please?"

"I'm fine." He said and watched the tv. He made the decision that all she'd do is probably yell at him for going to New York so he wasn't even going to try. While watching tv, the medicine started kicking in and he was struggling to stay awake. He was a bit annoyed with how she was treating him. If he just followed her orders, she'd be gone in the morning to do her thing and he'd stay home like she wanted him to. For a moment, he wondered if maybe she wanted him to stay home for a reason. But then again it wasn't like she would know he would get hurt, plus she was going to stay home. But he knew if she stayed home, she'd resent him. She already seemed to have when she wasn't going to go. It almost seemed like she was mad he got hurt and ruined her plans.

When she got back, he was drifting off but fighting it. He was wondering if she'd even sleep with him now or if she'd sleep in one of the spare rooms. Maybe he should go sleep in the spare room so she could sleep in her bed. She didn't get rest like he did. Hell she left while he was sleeping.

"I'll bring them in." She promised and nodded her head when he said he was fine.

When she came back, she had Max go to the bathroom. The car ride knocked Owen out so she was carrying him so his head rested on her shoulder. She locked the door when Max came back and made sure the front door was locked before they went upstairs. She put a powerade on the nightstand and set Owen in the bassinet by the bed. She changed him into some pajamas and put him on Jake's side of the bed, just in case either of them woke up.

She took a shower and put on a pair of panies and a t-shirt. She went into her closet and started to pack. She wondered if, when she got back, they would get into an argument about her leaving even though he was telling her to go. They weren't really fighting now, they just weren't thinking the same way but it could be thrown back in her face. Which was why she was going to stay in the first place. Maybe she was a little upset she wouldn't get to walk but she would get over.

When she was packed, she took the suitcase down stairs and went back upstairs to get in bed. She put Owen on her side of the bed so he was easier to get and mad sure she had a pre-made bottle in the mini-fridge and a bottle warmer sos he wouldn't have to get. She pulled the covers up over her shoulder and as soon as her head hit the pillow, she was out.

Jake didn't hear her come in at all but figured she'd wake him up when she got home, like he asked her to do. It got a bit uncomfortable laying on his back so much, but also because his pain was creeping back. He woke up and tried to get comfortable. He really couldn't get comfortable, and had to use the bathroom so he pulled the blankets off of him as quiet as possible. He sat up and grunted in pain, despite trying to stay quiet. He made sure it didn't wake Adri before getting up to go to the bathroom. Having basketball shorts on, helped make his task easier.

Once Jake was done, hands washed his hands and went back to get back into bed. Before doing so, he grabbed some more medicine and took it with a drink of the powerade she left on the nightstand. When he laid back down, pain shot through his chest. He groaned and moaned from pain. Jake laid there a bit trying to get comfortable, but the pain was worse than he thought it would be. The morphine in his IV was a lot better and faster acting.

He would never throw it in her face that she wasn't there. He wanted her to walk. She deserved to walk. If she didn't, it could ruin her dreams and he wasn't going to be the reason for that. And if she only wanted to stay because she didn't want something thrown in her face, Jake didn't want her to stay anyway. He would only want someone to stay cause they wanted to cause they loved him and wanted to make sure he was okay. He debated on turning the tv on, but when the medicine kicked in again, he was asleep in no time.

Adri slept through Jake getting up to go to the bathroom. She was exhausted from not getting enough sleep on the chair the day before and the long day today. She probably wouldn't get a lot of sleep in New York either. So one night of good rest before a hectic week.

She woke up in the morning to Owen cooing in his bassinet. She looked over at Jake and saw that he was still asleep so gather Owen and Max and took them downstairs. She fed Max and let him outside and she made Jake a simple and healthy breakfast. She took it upstairs and set Owen on her side of the bed. She let the smell of food wake Jake up and she set it on the night stand. She had to feed Owen before he got fussy and woke Jake up with the power of crying.

She started feeding him and smiled at Jake when he woke up, "Good morning." She said softly. "How did you sleep? Do you need more pillows or do you want your side of the bed raised?" She asked so they could get it perfect for him before she left.

Jake woke up and looked over to Owen eating and Adri feeding him. "Morning." That was a lot of questions first thing after waking up. He was hurting but he had to do the math of when he had one last. Jake didn't want Adri to know how miserable his night was so he just told her he was okay. "Give me a second to wake up." He said softly.

He looked over at Owen and grabbed his foot and smiled. "You ready to hang out with daddy for the week?" He smiled at him. It took him a few minutes to wake up, watching Owen before he made the bed sit up. As he reached for his food, it hurt, he got it though but it was painful. He tried to hide the pain while he took a moment before eating.

Jake figured he wasn't staying in bed the whole week. Owen would be playing and his dad would be downstairs, he didn't feel like being alone in his room. "Dad will be here in an hour." He said quietly. Jake only ate about half his food before just laying his head back closing his eyes. He was frustrated and still a bit upset about everything. She obviously didn't care or didn't notice which was fine. He'd rather no fights before she left. If he wasn't in so much pain, he would have ate more and slept again.

"Okay but I would like to get the bed comfortable for you before I leave." She told him. She was only looking out for his best interest.

She nodded her head when he said his father would be there in an hour. "My parents are going to come over for a little while before mom and I leave. Dad will drive us to the airport and probably come back here since he will be alone." She told him.

"So I packed last night. We can have breakfast in bed and playtime in bed or we can get you downstair and comfortable before our praents come."

Jake gave her a nod about her dad coming back after he dropped them off at the airport. "Okay. I don't know how good of company I will be."

He watched Owen eat and smiled at him. "Is that good? It must be cause you're hardly wearing it. Normally you have more on you than you've ate." He yawned and groaned from the pain.

"When he's done eating we can go downstairs." Part of Jake didn't know if he wanted to talk to Adri while she was gone. She should just focus on her walking. He missed her already though so that may be a bit tough to do.

She smiled at Owen, "I'm glad he's not spitting it out on my bed spread. I probably should have laid a towel down though." She shrugged her shoulder and kept carefully feeding him.

"If that's what you want." She said to moving him downstairs. She finished feed Owen and took him downstairs and set him in the play pen, She put the dirty dishes in the sink and then she came back up to help Jake come downstairs.

"Do you need to use the bathroom or anything? I can't say I'd be the best at it but I can hold it while you go." She scrunched he face up. "Never mind, I can pull your pants down." She tried not to laugh and looked at him. She was being serious though. She would help him if he needed it. If he asked for her help, she would give it.

Jake shrugged. "It's nothing that can't be washed. No worries."

While she took Owen downstairs, he got up but wasn't too fast so he didn't make it far before she was back upstairs. He felt like royal shit. He always felt worse after a fight a day or two after the fight.

"I do need to go yes. But I can...handle...things on my own thanks. I did it fine last night." He said quietly and walked to the bathroom. He did his business before washing his hands and then going out and slowly heading downstairs. It wasn't a fast travel, but he made it. He took a spot on the end of the couch to recline his feet up. Max walked over and Jake rubbed his head. "Hey buddy."

"Okay then." She said softly and waited on the bed. While he used the bathroom she watched Owen with the baby monitor. Max was sitting on the outside keeping Owen company. When he came out she walked behind him, once again ready to catch him or support him if he needed it.

He seemed to reluctant to want to lean on her at all or ask her for help. He didn't want anything to do with her. She figured it was because he snapped but she only did that because he needed to get it through his head that he was injured and if he stayed as active as he was he wouldn't heal properly. If he wanted to be upset about that, fine but she wasn't apologizing for it.

She put some pillows by Jake so he could adjust however he wanted and then got Owen out of the play pen. She played with him on the floor until John came.

Jake was still upset. He wasn't doing anything stupid, his question was legit because he was concerned of inflicting more pain having something tight against his chest. Sometimes with her comments and the way she acted he wondered why she even was with him. That or she still saw the needy guy that hired her and not who he has become since meeting her.

He let out a breath at her still continuing to want nothing to do with him. Before his father arrived he needed to say something. "I'm sorry I got hurt and ruined all your plans. I will be on my best behavior while you're gone. Have fun and kill it out there." It really sucked he wouldn't be there with her. "Promise if you're nervous or need to talk you'll call me?" He looked at her. "I would have liked to get to spend more quality time with you before you left but I understand."

He held his hand out for Owen. He knew he couldn't hold him but he could cuddle with his dad. "You have to be nice if you cuddle with me. Daddy's in a lot of pain but he missed you." He kissed his head as Owen crawled over to Jake and snuggled up to his side. Jake couldn't find anything on tv so he turned cartoons on for Owen. He loved Mickey Mouse.

"You understand what? Because I don't know what you're talking about. Thank you for guilt tripping me before I leave. That's a great boost of confidence. Like I don't feel bad for leaving already. Let's just layer that on." She wasn't doing this in front of Owen. Because she would end up yelling and she didn't want to do that in front of her kid.

While they watched Mickey Mouse Club House, she made sure she had everything packed. She double checked her suitcase and then her carry on. She packed a few more snacks before she wouldn't be eating the airplane food. She could pick up a fruit cup at the airport.

When John came she opened the door and let him in. She pointed to the living room and went upstairs to get dressed to leave. She'd have to get her hair washed and straightened before any of the shows so they could do whatever they wanted with her hair. She booked a hair appointment for the night she landed for her and a spa night for her and her mother.

"I understand why you didn't tell me until last minute. What am I giving you a guilt trip about babe?" He let out a breathe while she went upstairs. He watched tv with Owen then once his dad was there he got up.

It took some time but he got up and went up to their room. He just hoped he got up there before she started to come back down. She'd probably scold him for getting up and going upstairs, but he needed to talk to her. "Hey...I think maybe what I saying was coming out wrong. I was trying to just let you know that I feel bad that you had this awesome idea for me to come out there with you and checking out the places for our wedding and I kinda ruined it. I feel like you're kind of mad at me for it." He walked over and wrapped his arms around her. "I think you're just worried and nervous and I'm reading that wrong. I'm sorry for that. I feel horrible I can't go with you. I want to find a way to get out there." He kissed her softly. "I know you'll do great. But if you need to just talk, let me know I'm here. Please don't hesitate cause you think I may be resting."

He gave her another small kiss. "And what I meant about spending quality time together..." He looked her over and gave her a look. "Can you wait another week or two? I will rock your world when I can." He smiled at her and kissed her shoulder. "I got my work out in today, I'm going to go sit back down. But I want more kisses before you leave Adriana." He gave her a look and headed downstairs.

She jumped when he appeared in the doorway. "What aren't you sitting down?" She scolded and pointed at the bed to get him to sit down. "I'm not mad. I'm upset you can't go but I'm not mad." She turned her head and looked at him, "You aren't going. You can't fly don't hrt yourself for me." She kissed him back and nodded her head. "Thank you Jake. I'll call when I need you. Okay? But I'm serious Jake, stay here."

She kissed him back and looked at him, "I can wait for that too. Right now the most important thing is your health. Focus on getting better. That's all I want you to do. Okay? You shouldn't be doing stairs by yourself." She added and grabbed her carry on and went down stairs with him.

She sat on the couch next to Jake and held his hand while she waited for her parents to come over. When they did come over, they stayed to chat for a little while and then it was time to go. She picked up Owen and kissed his cheeks and gave him a hug. She gave him back to join and kissed Jake's forehead and then his lips. "Have a good week." She said softly. "Love you."

He smiled a little when she jumped. "I didn't mean to scare you. Sorry." He sat down, as he talked to her. "It's really hard for me to stay back, but I will. I won't fly. Driving..." He thought it over but knew he really shouldn't. "I won't."

It was nice to just sit with her while she was waiting for her parents. He rested his head against her. The clingy part of him when he got hurt, didn't want her to go but he knew she had to. She deserved this. She was good at what she did and was sexy as hell. No wonder these companies wanted her to walk for them.

"I'm going to miss you..." He said softly and kissed her back. "I love you too. Let me know when you land." He looked at her mom. "Can you Skype or Facetime her walks for me. I don't want to miss them." He literally hated that he had to stay home. Owen kept saying her name and Jake told him to wave. "Wave bye." He held his hand out and open and closed his fist. "Have fun beautiful. Kill it babe."

"I'll miss you too." She said softly. "I will call when I land."

Her mother agreed to FaceTime him during the walks and told him to take it easy.

Adri kissed Owen some more and then gave Jake a final kiss before leaving. Her father dropped her off at the airport and then she and her mom were off to New York. It was a long plane ride but when she landed she sent Jake a text. She would have called but she was whisked away into a car and taken to the hotel. She gave her mother a quick run down of her schedule and then she was off to her first fitting. Then she got to the hotel and she got her hair washed and straightened.

she had to be up early so she wanted to get some sleep. She took a shower and got in bed and then called Jake to ask about the rest of his day and say good night to him and Owen.

He would have walked her out but he honestly was beat from walking up and down the stairs and was in a lot of pain. As soon as she left, he asked his dad for pain medicine. He took it and before long was asleep. Jake and Owen slept off and on throughout the day. When he woke up he saw the text and just told her thank you before going back to sleep for a bit. His dad tried to stay ahead of his pain.

Jake was still downstairs when Adri called. "Hey baby. How was your busy day? Your boys miss you already."

Owen had just gotten a bath and was in a diaper cuddling with Jake on his side. Jake's pain was still pretty painful and it felt a little differently than before. He didn't let on about it though. "I've slept off and on most of the day. It's probably good you went, you'd be bored here."

"It was crazy. I don't know how much time I will have to spend with mom. I'm gad we are staying the extra day to some shopping." She said softly.

"No we would have taken naps together all day and then regretted it because Owen wouldn't sleep tonight." She smiled. "Maybe instead of a shower, you can wash off with some baby wipes. You know, if you don't want your dad to bathe you." She told him. "Wash the important stuff with the baby wipes and when I come back I can help you in the bath or shower."

She yawned but away from the mic so he wouldn't hear. She pulled the covers back ont he bed and laid her head on the pillows. "If I fall asleep, it's not my fault. I had a long day."

"Yeah, she will love that. She enjoys the time with you babe. You and Amy should maybe get together with her more often to go shopping or whatever." He leaned his head back on the couch, closing his eyes from the pain.

Jake smiled a little after the pain went away for a moment. "Baby if I need to I'll just stand under the water and at least rinse off. If I have to I'll dip in the pool. The chlorine should kill anything. Then rinse off in the shower. If I sit in a tub, I won't get up." He chuckled a little the groaned from the pain.

"Baby I can let you go to sleep. Just text or call when you can. Get your rest. I love you. I'm proud of you. Kick ass." He smiled and put the phone to Owen's ear. "Tell mommy hi. Say hi bud." Owen said her name a few times." Jake smiled and pulled the phone back. "That stud will be here waiting when you get home, along with me." He smiled.

"Don't get in the pool Jake." She said softly. "Just use the baby wipes. We use them to clean Owen. They will work on you. Then you won't have to dry yourself off with a towel. It's less work for you."

She smiled when Owen called her, "Hi baby. Good night. I love you." She told him. "Love you Jake. I'll talk to you later. Night." She hung up and soon after she was falling asleep.

The next day she was up at the crack of dawn to work out. She ate a banana for breakfast and then she was off to her last two fittings and the rehearsal for the first show. She sent Jake a text when she had some downtime but most of the day was spent working.

She did run into Andre backstage though, since he was in the show too. Andre took a selfie with her and put it on his Instagram. Adri told Jake so he wouldn't just see it on Instagram and freak out. She had a busy week in store though so she doubted she'd have time to hang out.

"Alright babe...I'll be fine. Don't worry." He wouldn't need his father to help him, but would figure out a way to get clean. He couldn't just clean up with baby wipes.

"Love you too baby. Night." He hung up and went upstairs with his dad to tuck Owen in for bed. He gave him a kiss before John laid him in bed. Jake then went to the bathroom, took more medicine then got into bed. The medicine wasn't touching his pain level at all though.

The next day when Jake got up, John already had Owen up and feeding him. It was nice to have some guy bonding time. Her brothers came over with her dad and they watched movies. Jake didn't sleep though as he was in too much pain. The meds still weren't working. He texted Adri back and then when she told him about Andre, he really hated he wasn't there. He swore if that guy made a move on her again, he'd seriously mess him up.

The more the day went on, the more Jake was uncomfortable and in pain. Laying down didn't help, sitting up didn't help. Nothing helped. He felt like he was going crazy. He didn't feel like eating. John was concerned and wanted to take hi m back to the hospital. Jake said no and if anyone told Adri they'd be in huge trouble. He didn't want anyone bothering her about what was going on. He kept telling his father he was fine.

Adri's Tuesday was full of rehearsal runs. She kept bouncing from one tent to another. She didn't have time to chat or anything. She got to her spot and then she walked a few times and then it was on to the next rehearsal.

Wednesday was the big day for Rodarte so she had to get up super early and get to hair and make up. She already had a driver and make up team prepared for her mother so mom wouldn't have to worry about anything. It was crazy hectic but Adri felt at peace.

She had a little time to call Jake and say hello but her phone was taken to avoid any pictures being taken backstage. So she would have to call him after the show. She wasn't an opener or closer for Rpdarte but she was pretty close to the last piece. She wore a beautiful peace lace and taffeta gown that flowed and bounced as she walked.

Adri's mom was able to FaceTime Jake and show him her walking and the dress she wore.

Jake's pain was obvious on his face when her mother Facetime'd him. It wasn't the same as being there but was happy he still got to see his girl do her thing. "Tell her she did so good and I'm proud of her. She looked beautiful. Tell her not to worry about calling if she has stuff she needs to do. Maybe after she is all done with her walks, take her to that Italian restaurant we ate at. She'd love it." He smiled and let her say bye to her husband and Owen.

After Jake hung up with her mom, her dad finished the movie. They all had dinner together before the movie was finished. They ordered Chinese. After dinner and the movie, everyone left. Jake went up to try a shower but before he even got into the bathroom, he couldn't do it. He had pain shoot through his whole chest. He let out a few groans of pain and curse words.

He tried to lay down and sleep but it was not happening. He knew Adri needed to be in New York doing her thing, but he just wanted to snuggle up to her and have her rub his head. She knew how to make him feel better. He would have random bursts of pain that would happen while he was just laying down. The next day, he would let his dad take him to get checked out. Jake hoped Adri would call, even if it was for a minute, he needed to hear her voice.

Back
Top Bottom