Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

It was weird that she didn't remember him bringing the food in but she nodded her head and stayed seated. She got up to get the remote and turned the TV on to espn for Jake she moved the TV to the front of the bed so he could watch it.

"You're laying a hospital bed with a tube in your chest and you're asking me what's wrong?" She looked at her shoes and shook her head. "Nothing. I'm fine. Okay just watch TV and go to sleep. You need rest if you are going to heal." She said softly.

She grabbed her phone and sent an email to her agent letting him know that Jake was in the hospital and would need some help for the next two weeks until he was able to get around mostly by himself. Her agent would know what to do from there.

Jake watched her. She wasn't fine. He'd be worried if it was her but he wished she'd talk to him about it. "Baby..." He squeezed her hand. "Baby...I love you. I'm sorry I worried you. We can talk about it if you want." His thumb caressed her hand.

He has a dangerous job. She always worried about his choices of getting seriously hurt. This frightened her. He didn't know how he could reassure her he was okay and always will be. He didn't want her to worry every time he had a fight. Especially now he was so close to being champion. Once it got to be too much, he'd open his gym and be a trainer.

"Come lay with me," he said after being quiet awhile. He wanted her reassured he was okay.

"Jake stop. I don't want to talk about it. I'm fine." She looked him in the eyes and then looked away. She didn't expect him to walk out of every fight the way he walked in. She knew what she signing in on when she agreed to be his assistant. She was as used to him getting beat up as she could be. She didn't want to sit here and talk about what they would do when he got better. Or have him make promises he couldn't keep.

"It's your job. It happens." She said simply. "I turned on the TV watch it and get some rest. That's all I want you to do right now."

She turned her attention to ESPN and tried to watch it but she did not give a damn about whatever football play they were talking about. So she went back to her phone and busied herself with emails and a little shopping but nothing ever fully took her attention from Jake.

Jake tried to sigh but it was too painful to take the deep breath in. The longer time passed the more pain he was in instead of feeling better from the pain meds. He let things go with Adri. She seemed upset. Almost upset with him.

He tried to watch tv but after there didn't seem to be much on about the fights he moved his head. "You can turn it babe." He said softly closing his eyes. Every few minutes he moved slightly to try to sleep. He was in pain and uncomfortable. His chest felt tight and heavy. He had to the oxygen tubes in his nose. He was rather miserable.

Jake let out a few groans of pain as he just laid there trying to sleep. He hoped Adri couldn't hear him.

She turned the tv off for him and pulled the recliner handle so she was laying back. It wasn't very comfortable but she didn't want to get on the bed with Jake and hurt him even more. The bed wasn't that big and it wasn't like she could cuddle him with all the tubes connected to him.

She didn't get much sleep because the monitors were beeping, she was trying to stay semi awake if Jake needed her and he kept groaning in pain. At about three in the morning she got off the chair and went to the nurses station to ask if they could do someo about Jake's discomfort.

Someone paged a doctor on duty and they came to look at him and gave him a stronger dose so he wouldn't feel anything. She thanked him and got back in her chair. He left and came back a few minutes later with a blanket for Adri and then he left again. The morphine would help Jake not feel anything and knock him out too.

Jake felt bad for keeping Adri awake. "I'm sorry," he said when she got up. When they came back to give him more medicine it helped him finally relax a bit. He didn't know if he finally got comfortable or if he was just that tired. He reached his hand out to hold Adri's. Before long he was asleep.

Once he fell asleep, he was out for awhile. It was almost ten before he started to move again. But then, the pain was back in full force. He woke up groaning. Even though his lung was doing better, it still hurt from everything plus he did have broken ribs. He kept quiet though to let Adri get some rest.

He reached for the remote and turned the tv on very low. ESPN finally had stuff about the fight on. He had it on mute with the closed captain on. Adri was resting and she probably hardly slept so he wasn't going to wake her up but he couldn't sleep anymore. He was hungry but would wait until she got up to get food. Plus she probably would want to go home for a few things. The longer he sat there he realized, he really could have gotten seriously injured. More than he did. He looked at Adri. He was lucky to have a girl like her by his side, literally. He wanted to do something nice for her and just show her how he appreciated her and all she did for him. He found his phone and took a picture of her sleeping and posted it online. "The reason I'm breathing, literally. Love my #MrsDrifter. #KingsNeverDie." Then he silently regretted moving so much.

"Stop being sorry about something you can't help." She told him and went to the nurse. She wasn't going to lay there and listen to him in pain. She was going to do something about it. When he finally fell asleep, she was able to get some sleep too. It wasn't a good rest but it was something. She got up early in the morning and when it looked like Jake was still passed out she went home and get some stuff before returning to Jake and he was still sleeping.

It was boring while he slept so most her time was spent on her phone or napping and when he woke up she was napping. She heard him groan and it was the first noise he made in hours so she instantly woke up and looked at him she smiled a little and pointed at a button by his hand, "Morhpine drip. It's set up so you can't overdose but if you need help with the pain, push the button and your set. The doctor came in and checked you out this morning." She told him and stretched her legs.

"I went home and got some stuff too." She set the blanket she got from home down and got off of the chair. "What do you need? Are you hungry?"

He looked at the morphine. "Thank you. I want to sit up a bit." He first hit the button for morphine then sat up a bit. "I got uncomfortable. Sorry."

He looked at the blanket. "You are sneaky to have ran hime and back. I'm glad you were back by the time I woke up. I am a bit hungry. You hungry?"

Jake reached for the blanket. "I'm not letting you say no, come lay with me. I miss you. I hurt and I'm clingy. Come here. I want you with. We can be careful. Please?" He tugged at her hand.

She shrugged her shoulder, "Uouve been out for hours. I figured you wouldn't be waking anytime soon and we don't live that far away." She told him. She draped his own blanket around his lower half and stood by his bedside.

"I brought some oranges and bananas. You can have the other half of your burrito at lunch and then I can go get whatever you want for dinner." She let him pick the fruit and then she peeled it and put it in his good hand so he could feed himself.

She sat on the edge of the bed and looked at him. "I should tell everybody that you're up. They will want to see you." She picked up her phone and called her parents, his father, her brothers and then Amy, Like and Rich. She had a few missed calls from her agent but she was avoiding the conversation because she knew what it would be about and she didn't want to hear it. Right now was about Jake and it would stay that way for the next few weeks.

He chose the banana. He ate as he listened to her. "Is your parents bringing Owen?" He was told no heavy lifting and not that Owen was heavy, but he was included on the list of things not to pick up for a couple weeks. It didn't mean that he didn't want to see his baby boy.

His eyes looked her over. "We need to talk before everyone gets here." He took a few sips of water. "Why everytime I tell you to come sit with me you ignore me, change the subject or try to leave?" Jake studied her eyes. "You're not going to hurt me if that's what you are afraid of."

"Has the doctor said when this could come out?" He pointed to his chest tube. He was worried Owen would try pulling that and his oxygen out. "If you need to work, I'm sure dad can help with Owen."

She nodded her head, "Yeah they bringing Owen. I'll keep him by your thighs so he doesn't touch anything." She said softly.

She frowned and rolled her eyes, "I'm not afraid of anything. I don't want to lay down and make you uncomfortable or be uncomfortable. Those beds are tiny and it didn't work out the last time we tried." Of course they had Owen that time but still.

"He said if it continues doi this well, it can come out tonight or tomorrow morning. But if it looks like your lung is collapsing again, then it get put back in and you get surgery to stich up the punctures."

She shook her head when he told her abo work. It was probably the first and only time he thought about it. "That was cancelled last night when you got the tube put in your chest. Don't worry about it Jake."

"He's gonna hate that. If he sits okay with me it would be okay. But who knows if he will." He shrugged. "Everyone is coming?" He didn't feel like it was that important that everyone stops in.

Jake let out a breath. "I wanted you to sit with me." He said softly but let it go. "It's fine."

"I'm sure I'm fine and hopefully they will take it out tonight or tomorrow. I'm ready to get home." Jake looked down, "Adri what did you cancel? The only thing I knew was you were off and so was I to go look at the castles. What did you have planned? When dad gets here, I'll just ask him to stay until your done. No big deal. I'm sure he will be happy to help. I don't want you missing more work cause of me. Seriously, it's okay."

"In bursts. They can't all come in at once." She said softly.

She sat on the edge of the bed to make him feel better and she put her hand on his thigh. "After they take it out, you are staying here another 24 hours and then if all goes well you can be discharged but there is a long list of things you cannot do at home."

She shook her head, "It doesn't matter." She said softly. "Fashion Week. I was going to tell you tonight. It would be your big win, my big win. Then I was going to ask if you would come and stay in New York with me. The castles are on the east coast, it would be easy. We could take Owen and be a small happy family. I didn't want to bring it up when I found out because you were too focused on your career. I didn't want anything I was doing to affect you. And now you have lacerations in your lug and you can't pick anything up. You can barely move. You can't shower on your own. I know you aren't going to want your dad to wash you off so I'm here. I'm staying and I'd like to stop talking about it, okay?"

He nodded to them coming in bursts. "Okay good."

Honestly, he didn't feel as okay as he did with his elbow. With that he started to feel fine and could. That was easier to do than what this would be and honestly, he didn't feel like doing much of anything. He was hurting worse that day than the day before, after the fight.

Jake shook his head. "First don't ever do that again. Don't hide something about your career or anything from me. Adri, we're getting married. I don't want you keeping things from me. We're a team. We can do this together." He grabbed her hand. "I'm not letting you walk away from this. I'm not. I'll still just come with you. We will just leave Owen at home." He looked into her eyes. "I'm not allowing you to pass this up. I'll call your agent myself. You already put stuff off when Owen and I were sick but I am not letting you give up Fashion Week. When do you have to be there?"

"I wasn't hiding it. I was waiting for the right moment to tell you. I knew when the right moment would be. It was just a matter of waiting to tell you." She argued.

"I'm not letting you fly ina plane. Are you serious? You have to wait six weeks. I already asked these questions. You are on bed rest until those wounds heal. You can't do anything for yourself right now. It's going to hurt just to pee. I'm not leaving you like this. I have other jobs. I have contracts. Would it be nice? Hell yes but it's not worth it when you're like this."

She grabbed her phone and put it behind her. "It doesn't matter Jake." She said softly and tried to put an end to the conversation. Thankfully the doctor walked in and did a check up on Jake and asked him a few questions about his pain level and what he could remember from last night.

The right time was after his win and he had to go and get hurt. He needed to fight a little better so he didn't get so hurt.

"Then I'll drive." Jake shook his head. "I'm not letting you give this up Adriana. It's your second Fashion Week. Who wants you?" He let out a breath when the doctor came in and gave her a look like the conversation wasn't over, by any means.

"I remember everything. Winning. Getting hit in the head, the ribs. The tube. Chipotle." He smiled a little. "My head hurts a bit, but it's okay. Otherwise, I'm good." The faster the tube got out, the faster he could leave, and the better chance he could get her out to New York. He'd fly if he had to. If his lung collapsed again, he'd find a doctor there to put in another tube. He didn't even care. She was going. End of story, she was going. If he had to, he'd stay home.

"To New York from vegans with broken ribs?" That just sounded ridiculous. "Rodarte, Marc Jacobs and Alexander Wang." That was all she was telling him. She was tired of talking about it.

The doctor nodded his head and handed Jake a device. "Bloc into that as hard as you can for me. If the ball hits the top, we will take the tube out." He told him and watched Jake blow into it. It kept coming very close but didn't hit the top yet. "You keep practicing and when you hit the top three times in a row, call me and I'll remove the tube." He told him and walked out.

"At least now you know what you have to do to get the tube removed." Adri said softly and took it from him she blew into it and the ball hit the top no problems she handed it back to Jake and smiled, "Its not rigged against you."

With who picked her, there was no chance he was letting her pass it up. No way. "I'll make it work. I can fly and if something happens I'll go to the doctor there."

He hated he couldn't quite get to the top. "I didn't think they rigged it. I'm close though."

To Jake things were making sense. He knew why she was being distant and almost angry. She was devastated about Fashion Week. "Adri...we talked about what happemed if you missed a fight for work. This is kind of the same. You need to do this. I don't want you regretting it later or resenting me because of it. We have family ready to help. We can figure this out if I can't fly. But I wamt to." He grabbed her hand. "This can show how we can handle both. Let's do this. You have to do this. We have to do this. I'm so proud of you baby. Go and rock it." He smiled at her. "You're going. No arguing."

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "If I go you aren't going. You're not risking your health for me. Got it? Mom will go with me and she can record it and send it to you but you are staying in bed with your father taking care of you. Maybe Amy will bathe you. That's up to you. But when I get back, you better not stink and you better not have overwatered yourself. Okay? I'm going to get you home and then I'll leave."

She picked up her phone and called her agent and he immeadiately started yelling at her. He told her she was not giving up fashion week. He would come to vegas and put her on a pane to New York if he had too. She couldn't give this up. She was more focused on Jakes career than her own. Giving this up would mean giving up every other fashion week because no one would hire her if she kept giving shows up because Jake got hurt.

"Are you done?" She asked. "I'm going to get Jake home and then I'll be on my way to New York I'll do the fittings when I get there. Tell them I am very sorry but I need to make sure Jake comes home first and is comfortable before I can fly across the country. Maybe you can arrange for me to sign the contracts with Express and Victoria's Secret while I'm out there too. Tat way I can just get it done and save a trip."

He agreed and felt much better that she was going. He knew why she was staying but this was a big step in her career too big for her to just give up.

Jake was just happy she agreed to do it. "Okay. As long as your mom will tape it so I can see my baby walk again. That's awesome babe. I know my family will help out anyeay we need."

He knew her agent hated him so it was probably good that she decided to go or he'd have more reason to hate Jake. He smiled at her as she talked. He tried to get the ball to the line he needed. Still being close but not there.

When his family arrived he visited with them but was feelig more pain. He tried to hide it. He was happy when her parents brought Owen. "Hey big boy. Daddy misses you."

When the nurse came in and Adri was distracted he asked when he could start flying. He wanted to surprise Adri and see her walk.

Their families came in bursts just like she said with his father being first and Luke and Amy came right behind him. That was Adri's chance to tell them the big news and that she was goi to walk in the show. But she would leave after Jake got discharged and she asked if John and Amy would look out for Jake. John agreed but Amy would be gone on her honeymoon.

Her mom and dad came with Owen and Owen was all smiles to see Jake and Adri. He kept trying to crawl on Jake but Adri kept him waist level and she hovered Owen over Jake's chest to give him kisses. When he got fussy, Adri changed his diaper really quick and that was when the nurse came in. Adri asked her dad if he could make meals for Jake and check in on him while she was away. He agreed and saw it as some father son bonding time. She asked her mother if she would come to Fashion Week with her and she agreed with the promise of a shopping trip.

The three of them left after about an hour and it was Jake and Adri again. After they left, Adri booked a hotel for her and her mother and both the two plane tickets. "Dad is going to make you food so I will ask John to send him a list of groceries of what ever meal you want him to make he's a good cook so I know you will like what he makes." She promised.

He watched her when she talked about Fashion Week. She was stupid to think he would let her pass this opportunity up. She was so thrilled and excited. He would not take that from her. He would be find with just his dad. He could shower and personal stuff by himself. He wouldn't have to wear a shirt. Shorts would be easy to wear.

Jake gave Owen kisses. He felt bad that he didn't understand that he couldn't snuggle with daddy. Jake apologized to him and promised to hold him as soon as he could. He could figure out a way to cuddle on the couch or something together.

He looked her over, "Baby...dad and I can cook food. That's nice of him though. Hey, I want your schedule. So that way I don't bother you while you are walking or getting ready to or at an after party." He smiled. If Andre' showed up, Jake would would probably kill him. "Walking for three companies? That would keep you very busy baby...It's probably a good thing I'm not going. You probably wouldn't have time to spend with your man anyway." He missed her though, she had been distant since after the fight. He tried the ball again and finally got three. "Yes. Let's go home!"

Adri shook her head, "No. you can't do anything. What part of bed rest are you not understanding? Your ribs need to heal. Your lung needs to heal. Jake, please take it easy. Please don't do anything stupid. The only thing you're going to hurt is yourself." She told him.

"I leave tomorrow afternoon, lets hope you're discharged by then, and I fittings when I arrive. I walk Wednesday for Rodarte, Thursday for Marc and then Friday for Alexander. Saturday, I'll stay and party with mom and do some shopping or something." She told him.

"I'm going try and get into a Pnina Tornai show to see what dresses she has to offer, just to look. I'll call you when I have time but I'll text first to see if you are awake. Okay?" She said softly. She looked at him, "and you better not have your ringer on super loud. You need to rest. It's helps you heal. Plus the pain mess will probably knock you right out."

She called for the doctor and when Jake proved he could do it they were given the post care instructions and discharged. But as per hospital policy, Jake was leaving in a wheelchair. Adri gathered their things, I'm going to bring the car around. Don't fight the nurse that rolls you out."

Since he wanted to get to New York to see her he would have to fly out Wednesday. Maybe his dad should go out too, but then who would watch Owen, they could bring Owen. He was working it all out in his head. Or trying to at least. She would either be really happy to see him or really pissed off.

She was lecturing him about resting and taking it easy. He could do that at the hotel. All he had to do, was see her walk. But that was three days in a row. He probably should make a bit of an after party, but at least if he made an appearance that would count for something. "I will keep my ringer to the normal level. I will rest as much as I can. I will take it as easy as I can. I promise." He smiled.

"I won't fight the nurse." He got into the wheelchair and when Adri went after the car he asked the nurse if he could fly on Wednesday. If that gave him enough time. He carefully got into the car and winced a bit. He knew he should wear a seat belt, but the thought made him so nervous. "Do I have to buckle up? When are we getting our sons back?" Yes he meant to say sons, Owen and Max. "Do we have to stop to get my meds?" His chest still felt heavy, he also was in pain but didn't want to admit it to her or she'd freak out when he flew out to see her.

"For emergency purposes only. As in life and death. You should wait at least a week but six weeks would be safer because your lung will be completely healed by then." The nurse told Jake.

Adri pulled the car around and out it in park. She got out and helped Jake into the car. She got in the drivers seat and rolled her eyes, "Just put it on. I'm not doing this with you. The can I do this when I know I shouldn't thing. Your career is on the line now. If your ribs don't heal properly they will forever be a weak spot. When one fighter figured that out, they all will. So before you ask if you can do something, ask yourself 'could this hurt me further?' If the answer is yes. Don't do it." She snapped at him and she felt bad but he did it every time he got hurt. The clinginess she could handle but the constant doing something he shouldn't be doing got annoying.

"We can pick them up tonight. Well I can. We are going to get your mess and then get you in bed. Then I'll go pick up the boys and bring them home. Then I'll pack if you can reach my phone, will you text john and ask him to come over tomorrow morning please?" She pulled into a drugstore and got Jake's prescription filled. When she had the bottle, she took him home and out the stuff in the house before helping him out of the car. She looked at the stairs and looked at him, "Do you want our bed or the guest bed down here?" She wouldn't blame him for wanting to stay down here. It was a lot of stairs.

Back
Top Bottom