Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Way of the Wicked [PF] - OOC

Actually, not only does the Grease spell have a somatic component, it also has a material component. Some butter might usually be easy to come by, but currently?

And now I'm very glad that I'm a sorceress, eschew materials go!

Also, I'm not sure if taking 20 is a thing in pathfinder like it was in 3.5...

taking 20 can be done but the butter is another issue, stupid material components XD
could as well give Avara +1 to her escape artist through the guidance spell but need to be able to touch her to do so

any other ideas then

Well let's see, from the opening post our legs are cuffed together the cuffs are chained to each other while our arms are manacled to the walls. We could probably tap each other with our feet if we wanted, maybe touch fingers if we strained at the manacles, but that would probably be the most we could do.

Actually taking 20 does require 20 times as long time. Since Grease only have a duration of 1 minute at this level you can't take 20 with the grease spell on, even if you could get the material components.

Oh hey strange! Since you're on, mind if I ask whether my earlier-mentioned plan to use my Windy Escape spell to phase through the chains letting them fall off me would work? It's just an idea, but we don't seem to have very many of those at the moment, so I'm taking what I can get.

Cherubian said:
Hmm, touching could work. The GM mentioned we have some freedom of movement.

Ok let's do that then, I'll change my last post to cast guidance on Avara instead of the butter missing Grease (for I could still try 10 rolls to get free if no materials were required)

but that way we could have 2 members free then

Fluff wise I should be able to do it, but mechanically the spell was never designed for that sort of action. So it's really your call.

Just a thought but seeing the veil could it be that it is like the robe of useful items?

I'd say no - sorry. Even if the fluff of the spell would suggest it I'm reluctant to allow spells to be used too creatively. The reason behind this is that too many multi-purpose spells (and there's plenty of those already) will only serve to unbalance things. The spell is already pretty powerful - more or less negating an attack at lower levels with an immediate action.

Fair enough, there's a legitimate mechanical counterargument in saying that the manacles count as being worn by my character and would thus phase out along with her, so I'm not even all that mad, I was just sorta hoping. Guess Kiara's gonna be relying on someone else to get her out of those cuffs!

would a bread with butter be too much too ask for a death sentenced? :p

anyway I'm already assuming Avara is next to Kitira, as Gromnar assumed the same for Mara, being so is the guidance spell viable so she can escape free of the shackles?

@ Escape artist attempt - While it's normally not possible to use guidance and take 20 I'll allow it in this instance under the assumption that Kitira keeps casting the spell.

@ Veil - It does indeed seem to be a veil with the same properties as a robe of many items.

No more or less that. If she tries to take off image of the picks after realizing she'll get an actual set of lock picks. I'm sorry if I didn't realize that was what you tried earlier.

Ok, now here's where things get tricky for me. roughly half the time I'm on, I'm either posting via phone, or on a computer where I can't access rollz.org. I need to work out how I can make dice rolls during there periods.

Forgot taking 20 was not an action as taking 10, but sure Kitira will keep on touching and guiding Avara's moves :blush: meow

Also fortunately the shackles locks are simple enough for La'croise to pick

@Dream Guide
you could take 20 now, or have someone else roll the die for you which could be a solution for those periods you can't access

So, what else is in the veil? A potion, two weapons (a smaller and larger blade), a bag of something, rope (or whip?), a pile of (not sure, stones/sling bullets?), and some other things, if any of you would like to take a look?

Back
Top Bottom