Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Extinction {1x1 with DarkMudkip}

Nana got to her feet and followed him, trying to keep up with his large stride, curious as to where he would take her.

Nana let out a soft sigh, sitting down in the dry sand and smiling softly. "It's fine." She said, enjoying the feeling of warmth from the fire. She perked after a moment. "What about this collar?" She pointed to it. "They're tracking me still."

Nana shook her head. "No, usually there's this electric release, but it needs the key, unless you're strong enough to just pull it apart. But the only one who might be strong enough to do that is Hideyoshi himself." She said.

((Just pull it off~))

Nana made a face. "Maybe if I had some sort of tool? Do you have a screwdriver or maybe a chisel?" She asked, starting to fiddle with the collar.

((Well Chika has enhanced strength like an Oni, remember!))

Nana took one of the tools and tried to wedge it into the opening, trying to pry it off. "Once it's off, I should be able to deactivate it." She said.

After a few minutes of trying to pry it open, the collar still didn't even budge, showing it'd need something stronger to pry it apart. "It's no use." She frowned, putting down the tool.

Nana seemed confused, but she sat as still as she could like he had told her to, feeling his rough knuckles brush against her smooth skin.

"It's not going to work, it's made from steel and..-" She blinked when the metal collar started to groan, the lock shaking as it threatened to break.

Nana was surprised when the collar came off of her neck in two pieces, exposing the scarring around her neck from the metal rubbing her skin raw. "Unbelievable.. No one should be able to do that..." She murmured.

Nana seemed like she was torn between crying, and wanting to hug him, but instead she went to work disabling the collar to further deactivate it. "You have many thanks, Chosokabe-san, truly, I don't know where I'd be if you hadn't done all this."

"More than likely still stuck in that hell..." He replied, "It ain't right treatin' a woman like that...or anyone...so, you're welcome."

Nana frowned softly, pulling out the hard drive from the collar and tossing it into the fire. "I'm sorry about what I had done; it wasn't right, testing on you like that." She said, setting the tools down again and warming her feet by the fire.

Nana gave a relieved smile and relaxed on the ground, falling asleep to the sound of the waves. For the next couple of days, Nana learned from Motochika how to fish and prepare fish, and she would often times accompany him in catching and bringing home that nights dinner, but one night, she went home ahead of him, preparing the some of the food for dinner. He never showed up. Nana went back tosearch for Motochika after waiting half an hour, but upon not finding a trace of him, she returned to the cave to wait. Years went by and it was almost like Motochika had never even existed, no trace left of him other then his small cove and the memories Nana carried. Nana had to move on elsewhere, heading a good ways away to a village that managed exporting and importing goods, where she found a job as a dock worker and occationally a cook on the ship when they would make long trips. On the night she was cooking for the crew of the ship, the waters were rough and there had been reports of pirates in the area, but they set off anyway.

The ocean seemed to beat hard against the ship that night, as if a storm was brewing and lying in wait. The captain strode around making sure everything was in order, confident they wouldn't run into any trouble.

Back
Top Bottom