Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mark My Soul(Avengers)Lady/Moon

"Tony, i just about let Clint tranquilize you." Pepper scoffed, looking amused. "i guess when i hear the name Greyhound, i think of something like a whippet." she admitted. "those are bigger. i didn't realize a greyhound was a medium breed." she admitted. "this one is mine." James decided, stroking the little twisted foot. "oh this one is adorable! look it has a little sock." Pepper whispered, smiling at the little puppy she was sharing with Natasha. "how can you tell?" Steve asked, his head tilted. "here. let me have the little one. the leg has to come off or it will cause serious complications later." Bruce warned. "i can do it right here. better to do it now when the pain receptors are too new to actually know what pain is." Bruce stated gently taking the puppy from James, who was fidgeting. "be careful with him! you swear it won't hurt?" "the pup will get scared and he'll cry out, but no, there won't be any pain, i'll numb he entire leg." Bruce promised. it only took a minute before the pup was stitched up and the stub bandaged. "how will he wlk?" "the same way the other three legged ones do." Bruce promised, looking amused. "Thorne... Blue won't eat." Steve warned, looking upset, gently positioning the runt at a nipple. he refused to eat. which was common amidst runts. James had said the runt would need special care.

“You wouldn’t do that.”Tony made a face at his mate. “Most people do. But italian greyhounds are even smaller then normal greyhounds, they were originally bred to be lapdogs for royalty.”Thorne said shrugging a little before smiling at james choice. “How did I know that would be it.”She snickered pleased with james’ obvious delight with the pup. “It’s adorable.”Natasha muttered gently stroking the dog’s head before looking at steve, “The skin’s lighter here, see?It’s going to come in lighter then the rest.”Natasha said smiling at steve. “Thanks. I was wondering how I was going to get to the vet’s to do that.Thanks bruce.”Thorne said pleased that the man was there, smiling quietly at how utterly adorable james was being, swallowing hard as his anxiety and worry over the pup made her mark flair to life. Shuddering a little at the feel she smiled, “Since he’s so small, he’ll learn to walk better then if he’d been older. This way, he’ll never notice the difference.”Thorne said before looking worried as she saw the pup sighing quietly. “I’d hoped he’d eat, but don’t worry, its not that odd.”she said before getting up, and warming a small bottle of milk before moving back, gently taking blue and settling him in her hand, and using a eyedropper to help the pup feed. Looking utterly in her element, for the moment forgetting her family and everythign else going on, simply concentrating on this.

"i totally would." Pepper stated, examining her adorable manicure while keeping an eye on the puppy Tony was cradling. "it's broken, like me." James stated simply. "i have to protect it." "the vets would have done it." Bruce admitted. "there's nothing to do to save the leg. it's much more human to simply remove it. it would have caused a lot of pain if we'd left the leg attached." he admitted. "so. he'll be just fine even without a leg?" Steve asked, looking pleased. "look at that James he's a scrapper just like us." James beamed, adoration for the little puppy replacing the worry and Steve chuckled, rubbing James Mark. "calm down a bit okay? your making my mark ache." "sorry." he stated, calming down as he settled the pup down so he could latch onto a nipple. "huh. he's a glutton too! look at him go!" James chirped, smiling before tilting his head. "scrapper! that's a good name." James decided. "little Scrapper." he watched as she fed the puppy, both Steve and James smiling as they watched her. "she's kind of amazing, huh?" James asked, watching her before pausing as the elevator opened, a man standing there, looking haggard and upset. "i... i'm looking for Thorne Vasa." the man stuttered. he was Grant Ward, a Hydra/Shield double agent, who previously had only been loyal to one person and only one person. looks like that had changed if he was coming to Thorn now.

“Don’t look so worried. I can hold a puppy.”Tony whined a little, hands ever so carefully holding the pup as him and clint examined it. Steady gentle hands, not what you’d expect from him, but considering what he worked on, wasn’t really surprising he had a soft touch sometimes. “I know. Its still hard to see though.”Thorne said before nodding. “he’ll be fine.Better actually, since it wont cause pain later.”Thorne smiled a little as she absently tugged at the sleeve of her shirt, responding to james’ distress before grinning. “He’s a cute little glutton.”she looked amused as she fed Blue, raising a eyebrow.”Amazing huh?”She teased a little before startling, eyes going wide, worry tightening her features as she realized who it was.”Grant?” “What do you want?”Natasha said shifting, sliding the puppy into pepper’s hands even as she responded to the other man, knowing he was hydra and shield, responding as she pulled weapons, knowing clint was tense and waiting to. “Stop. He’s a friend. Grant, what’s wrong?”Thorne said standing after she set blue down, before moving towards him, anxious as she invited him in

Pepper smiled. "i know. i'm waiting for it to piss on you." she admitted with a giggle. "it is hard to see." Bruce agreed. "but these things happen and the pup won't really be affected by it." Bruce admitted, looking up as Grant walked in. "...Garrets dead." Grant informed her, his voice trembling. "but my mark doesn't burn... he... he faked the bonding marks. he... he wasn't my..." he looked so lost and confused. "and Chris... he's going to televise your marks. he's going to tell the world that your the mate to the Soldier and Captain America...." Grant explained. "they want to make you look like some manipulative bitch..." both James and Steve where staring at him, wide eyed. this loon had lost his crackers. "...wait. so, someone faked their Bonding Marks to make you think they where your mate?" Pepper demanded, deciding to focus on the most pressing problem. Grant just nodded. "...oh that's sick."

“Urgh. Don’t remind me. It’s not happening y-dammit.”Tony whined looking down at the pup, groaning as he set the pup down gently, wiping his hand off, indeed the dog had pissed on him. “What?Grant...”Thorne walked towards him looking worried, before paling, going utterly still half way between grant and the other’s, tensing, not looking at the others as he moved over, swallowing hard. “Come on. Time to sit, and we’re going to relax and not worry okay?Sit and relax.James?Can you get some cocoa?”Thorne asked, pointedly ignoring the plan her husband was having, moving over to make grant sit on the couch, gently wrapping her arms around him, pressing a kiss to his head, avoiding looking at anyone, and not sure how to tell grant not to say anything without giving away that indeed, he wasn't delusional or seeing things, she really did have marks.

Pepper sniggered as she watched the puppy pee all over Tony, giggling as she offered him hand sanitizing wipes. Grant looked confused when she stiffened and made as if to say something before going silent. he wasn't sure what was happening here and she looked upset so he was just going to be quiet for a bit. "he lied... he lied to me and i did such terrible things for him..." Grant whispered. "i thought that he couldn't possibly be doing the bad things, he wrong things if he was my mate... but he wasn't, and he did, and now i've done horrible terrible things..." he whispered. "i'll never be able to wash the blood off. my Bonded will never want me." he mumbled, in a state of shock. "here..." James whispered, handing her a cup of steaming cocoa. "is he going to be okay?" he asked, looking a bit concerned about Grant. who had fallen silent again. "here... take him into my room. he'll feel better in there." James suggested, gently urging both of them to their feet and into the large fish tank of a room. this would give them the time to have a bit of a private conversation as well.

Tony glared at pepper as he wiped his hands, watching the others. “I know. You told me. I’m so sorry Grant.”She muttered stroking his hair, knowing he had never told her everything, but she knew enough to know he’d done some things he regretted, and had done it for garret. “You’re bonded is your match, I am sure there will be forgiveness, Grant.”she muttered taking the cocoa, before nodding a little. “He will be...but he’s suffered what amounts the death of a mate...even if garret wasn’t...”She swallowed thickly, worried for the man as she urged him towards the bedroom, settling them both on the bed with a quiet sigh, simply holding him.

Natasha frowned, swallowing hard as she watched them go, twitching a little, feeling the emotions hitting through her. Worried about the man before startling a little as Clint spoke. “...He said bonded didn’t he?”Clint said as the bedroom door closed, looking shocked and surprised.

Grant nodded a little. "did i?" he asked, looking a bit confused. "i'm sure they will never forgive me." he admitted. "i'm sure i will live the rest of my life as a traitor and a monster." he mumbled. "damn..." Steve whispered, rubbing his own marks that had once burned like fire, watching them leave. "...he said that she was bonded to me and James." Steve whispered. "it might make sense. our markings are even printed in books, she and her filthy mother would have known from birth who her intended where. but why hide it? because they thought we where dead?" Steve asked, frowning. "it is a shameful thing to have more than one bonded, even in this age. being that they assumed her bonded where dead they just told her she'd never be loved and used her as they liked no doubt. sick bastards." James muttered. "that's the most likely cause. though i could be wrong. i can't see into the past like i can into the for certain future." he admitted. "i do know that Chris has not yet decided if he's actually going to do it. we might consider releasing our own statement about what they've done to Thorne. let all of Sweden see the kind of monsters their rulers are."

“You did. Some.Just rest Grant.”Thorne muttered as tehy snuggled, knowing that there was no talking to him for the moment, simply knowing when just to hold him. Tony nodded a little frowning, “The whole world knew what your marks looked like, and that you had a third. Given that you both were missing, Thorne didn’t have anyone to protect her. I doubt she was prepared to meet you out of nowhere, even more so to end up living with you.”Tony muttered looking worried about their reaction. “We should.”Natasha said looking worried. “Let the world know what happened, and who she’s bonded to, in all the years of Sweden, there’s never been a unbonded royal. At least if we come out and show whats been going on, at least it makes sense to get ahead of chris and try and difuse the effect this is going to have.”Natasha frowned.

"that's right. so maybe the royal family just assumed that she didn't have a mate because we where dead and later thought she just didn't deserve us?" Steve wondered. "either way it's clear she didn't want us to know. i wonder why?" "shame? victims of abuse often think they are undeserving of kindness." Bruce pointed out. "it could be for another reason too. maybe her parents are with Hydra? or they are homophobic. there could be untold reasons why she might not want us to know." "we need to talk to Thorne before we do anything." James warned. "she will never forgive us if we broadcast her life story without her permission." James warned. "we need to talk to her first. before that, we need to get this Grant fellow calmed down. you seamed to recognize him. what do you know?" James asked Natasha.

“Whatever we do, Thorne needs someone to talk to.”Tony said looking worried, because he knew what it was like to have a secret betrayed when you least expect it. Worried about how thorne was handling things. “we’ll wait, and talk to her...well. You guys should talk to her.”Tony said knowing thorne wouldn’t apperciate anything. Moving to help shara look after the pups as the others talked. “He’s hydra. At least Garret was. It was understood among shield, that no matter what, Grant Ward did what Garret did. Despite his actions, he was more loyal to the man, then he was to the organization....I don’t want to trust him, but also, I don’t think he’s like the others we’ve known either.”Natasha sighed looking worried. "Though it stands to reason, how did he find out about chris before we did."

"we'll talk to her. we won't let her go." Steve promised. "she fits here. she' a part of us even when we didn't know it. James hasn't had an episode once since she moved in." Steve admitted. "my nightmares come less often too and those that do come are much less violent. i can sleep at night without having to worry about accidental beating up James." "wait." Pepper muttered. "when he first came in, he said 'Garret's dead'... remember? then he told Thorne that Garret faked the bonding marks. he was loyal to Garret because he thought the man was his intended. his Bonded." "how do you even fake a bonding mark?" "Tattoos. it was probably easy for Garret to copy Grant's markings and have them Tattooed specifically. how long has Grant been with Garret? Grant probably didn't know any better." Bruce mused. "if Garret took Grant at a young enough age, then Grant probably had no chance." "there's only one reason why Grant knew about Chris." James stated softly. "Chris is part of Hydra. he's a dancing puppet."

Tony nodded a little smiling. "She fits. In a way I hadn't realized we were missing anything."tony said glad his friends were accepting this, that they were being okay with thorne having not told them."he did. And I need to find out how that happened. Garret was a tough son of a bitch. We need to know what got him killed."Natasha frowned already thinking aboutwho to talk to,twitching a little her own mark feeling icy with shock.""he's been with garret as long as I've known him,and grant joined shield at 18."Clint frowned thinking it over. Tony winced nodding a little."we need to know more....if chris is going to use hydra to do his revenge,things are going to be even more complicated."

Steve and James both smiled at Tony. "i was thinking." Steve admitted suddenly. "that we three aught to move into the Tower." he admitted. "we'll have to talk to Thorne first of course." he admitted. "but i would feel safer knowing i was close to you guys." he admitted, watching the puppies and Shara settle in for a good rest. "i'll call Fury." James decided. "if anyone would know, it would be him." James admitted. "Hello, Fury? it's James, we have a situation. no it's not that kind. i need information on a Garret and a Grant Ward. yes i'll accept it on my Tablet. thank you." he chirped before turning his attention to the others once more. "Fury's pulling up both folders and sending it tot he thing that glows that never does as i tell it to." he slid the tablet over to Tony. the information was already on it, it was chilling. John Garret had 'found' Grant Ward in a penitentiary after trying to burn his family home to the ground. the populace didn't know but Shield knew the truth. the two older brothers had been brutally abused and the oldest brother had tortured the younger two. Garret had matching marks to Grant so no one had thought anything of it when Garret and the then, fourteen year old Grant ward vanished until Ward was eighteen. "this is messed up." Pepper muttered, looking over Tony's shoulder at the tablet. "no wonder Grant's so fucked up. all he's ever known is abuse, and Garret. and who knows what Garret did to him."

Tony looked startled before grinning pleased."finally! I can totally enjoy you guys living there."tony grinned looking much like a over excited puppy himself nearly wiggling in place in excitement at the idea. He might hate the reason why they were moving in,but he definitely wanted them there."yes. He would."Natasha agreed frowning a little before smiling."you know if you just accepted tony's lessons on how to use it, you might get it to work for you." "I've tried.both old men are impossible to teach."tony said even as he settled in to read looking sick to his stomach as he did."no wonder. We'll keep him here.if nothing else,him coming to thorne says he trusts her. Loyal to her. Better to keep him here instead of giving his former masters a new tool to break in."tony sighed quietly rubbing a hand over his face because he hated not being able to have a instant fix for this.

Steve rolled his eyes. "just keep those freaky things out of my areas." he ordered. "no talking toasters, no TV's that come on all by themselves, no fridge that decides what my shopping list contains. got it?" he demanded. "he speaks in gibberish." Steve complained with a huff. "at least i can use Google, so i'm getting in a few lessons here and there." he admitted. "and i have a few 'Technology for Dummies' books." he admitted. "well we're certainly not going to let him leave." Steve agreed as he stood up and headed for James room, gently knocking before poking his head in. "hey. me and James think it would be best if Grant stayed with us until he gets stable again... at the least. maybe longer." he admitted. "that okay?" he asked softly, not wanting to wake the sleeping Grant.

"...fine. no talking toasters or anything else.spoil sport."tony shined a little but smiling slightly showing he was just teasing mostly."and it's not gibberish." "Yes it is."Clint said smirking a little before watching steve go for the door. Thorne tensed a little when she saw who it was. Shifting from where she cuddling grantabsently stroking his hair."...yes. that would be for the best."she said quietly looking up at him biting her lip before looking back at the fishes she'd been watching. To nervous and anxious to settle down and simply talk. Having no idea what to say or do."how's Shira and the pups?"she muttered.

"good." Steve stated simply. "it is gibberish." he huffed, looking amused before offering Thorne a very gentle smile. "yes i agree." he whispered. "Thorne. listen, we do need to talk. but we won't make you, okay? we'll wait until your ready to tell us whatever you want to tell us." he promised. "me and James? your one of us now, i told you that." Steve admitted with a smile. "no matter the secretes, no matter the pain, we'll hold you through tears and smile while you laugh. we won't leave you, no matter what. so just take your time. settle yourself. center your feelings. when your ready, we'll be there." he promised. "until then, you can count on us to keep you safe." he promised before smiling. "they're all sleeping, though Scrapper seams intent on causing scuffles." he admitted with a smile. "oh! also, i was wondering if you would be okay moving into Stark Tower? we won't go if you don't want to. i just think it would be safer and more comfortable."

Thorne tensed startling as she looked over at him,eyes widening a little as she realized he was simply going to wait and see what she wanted. Biting her lip a little as she looked down swallowing thickly before nodding a little."...okay. we can talk...later...I think i'm going to take a nap with him..."she said quietly to upset to really settle but trying to."good. They should rest for awhile now that they're fed and safe...just keep a eye on them.."Thorne said quietly before tilting her head nodding."it'd be fine. Safer. Not to mention it'd be easier visiting with pepper if I lived with her."she smiled a little

he smiled at her. "later." he agreed. "i'll bring you both some dinner in a few hours then. if you need anything just yell and James will come fuss over you both. he's worse than a mother lion that one. he wants to fuss over Grant something terrible." he admitted with a chuckle. "...do you know? about his past i mean?" he asked, indicating Grant. "Shield sent over his files. as of this moment, Grant is a ward of the Avengers." he told her. "neither Shield nor the American government can touch him no matter his crimes. Hydra will probably try but they'll die like the roaches they are." he promised. "i'll keep an eye on them and if anything happens at all i'll get you immediately." he promised before beaming at her. "great! Pepper will be happy. she's been trying to get me and James to move in for months, but i guess we just weren't ready." he admitted. "you get some rest. i'll watch over the puppies." he promised, watching her settle before gently shutting the door. "okay Tony. you win. i'll pack some essentials and then your movers can come and get everything else. will you have a James room at the tower?" he asked hopefully. "he really likes the fish."

"Okay. And I figured. He's fussed something terrible these last to weeks. This will just make him more protective."Thorne smiled fondly before wincing."I know some. I know we both had a history of abuse...but I don know more."Thorne said quietly before looking pleased."thank you. He needs a place. With us is better then anywhere else."she smiled pleased smiling at his promise. Trusting him with the dogs before snickering."well we'll please them both then. Tony and pepper are no doubt ecstatic about it."she smiled as she settled in for her nap yawning. Tony smirked looking up at him and nodding."already does. All you have to do is move in."tony said. Definitely a puppy, so excited to have them moving in

he chuckled a little. "he's a fusser." he agreed. "he's fussed over me my entire life so i'd know." he admitted with a grin before he sobered and looked at Grant. "well. maybe that's for the best. it would be good for him to open up to someone. it seams he's come to you because he trusts you, so if anyone can help him, it will be you." he promised her with a smile. "we won't turn him away, if only because he has good taste in women." he teased, winking at her. "well. good then." Steve stated, giving Tony the stink eye. "just be aware that change is upsetting for people with problems like ours. the first few weeks are going to be rough." he warned , smiling as he realized James was already packing and Pepper was handling Thorne's packing. the only thing he was worried about was how they where going to move the puppies.

"...Lady Vasa?" Grant asked after a few hours of sleeping. "i'm sorry. i didn't mean to barge in and ruin your day." he admitted, slowly sitting up and blinking at her. "...thank you. i've never... no ones ever..." no one had ever held him before. he was an assassin after all. just an asset. people like him didn't get physical contact much unless it involved pain.

“I’ll help. We’ll help each other.”Thorne smiled a little, laughing quietly at his teasing, even as she flushed brightly. “Goodnight.”She muttered. “I know. I think we’re all going to be coping. It’ll be fine. I’ll just hole up in the lab if you need me to go away.”Tony shrugged even as he put together the laundry basket of blankets and towels. It really was a good thing shara wasn’t that big, as both pups and mother would fit easily into the big basket.

“Hm, yea.”She muttered yawning as she stirred, “And it’s fine grant. The day’s not ruined.”She promised smiling at him, before moving away. “Well, me either. At least, not before I came here.But they helped me...so I’m helping you.”She eased away before pinching him on the arm, playfully though she did look annoyed. “Though it would have been nice if you hadn’t announced chris’ plan.”

Steve shook his head. "nah. James sticks to his 'fish room' when he's having a bad day and i tend to hole up in a closet somewhere with my sketchpad when i'm not feeling well. just wanted you to be aware that we can be a bit... okay a lot grumpy sometimes." he admitted, smiling at the massive basket. he could carry that easily enough, and Chase could be led to the tower on a lead at the very least.

Grant smiled at her and shook his head. "it's not fine at all. not really. but i didn't have anywhere else to go. the only other people i know hate me, want me dead, or are a part of Hydra." he admitted. "you where the only person i knew i could trust." he admitted before blinking at her. wondering if that had supposed to hurt. "i don't understand." he admitted simply. "Chris is going to use you and your Bond mates as leverage. you needed to be warned." he didn't realize she had been keeping it secrete.

Back
Top Bottom