Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Majestic Tale of a Box and a Uniform (Starring Froggy and Nexs)

"Oh it most certainly is new girl!" Omikio shouted bouncing a tennis ball up and down in place. "Whenever a club member fails to fullfil any and all obligations they must be purged with a 110 million tennisball serve." She stated while half a dozen One-Star students gathered in a straight line behind her. "Norikio failed to arrive for practice yesterday and must be purged no exceptions!" Omiko added. "Unless you want to take her place" she said bearing razor sharp teeth into a grin.

"Nevada" Jikan said as his eyes tilted up to look at his partner. "You need to be careful these are not like the plastic men from last night. They also have the additional benefit of long range attacks." He added. However when Nevada woukd go to respond to him the people near her would blink in confusion wondering who she was speaking to since none present were able to hear Jikan even if screamed at the top of his equivalent for lungs.

"Oh bugger Nevada..." H.G. said watching the scene unfold below from her classroom mirror. "Your not even better from last night." She said. H.G. could not help but be impressed though. Despite her current level of skill with Jikan and the sword or her current health. The girl was still willing to protect those she cared about. "Yoj truly are sometying else Ms.Ash" she said with a soft smile

"Ah...so you think it's okay to beat a girl with a hundred and ten million tennis ball serves...while she's tied to a post, and with no way of defending herself? Don't you think that's a bit...I don't know, uh...excessive?" Nevada noted the razor-sharp teeth the Tennis Club President bared for her viewing pleasure, and felt a chill fall over her skin. Those can't possibly be real... she reasoned with herself. "Yeah, I'll take Noriko's place!" she called out, hands on her hips, the girl giving an air of confidence she didn't feel. "I don't think it's right for every single member of the Tennis Club to be beating up one girl!"

Nevada felt the uniform's eyes on her, and met the pair with her own brown gaze. "I know I need to be careful...especially with how crazy Omiko is, but I can't simply stand around and watch her and her little minions pummel Noriko." A heartbeat later, she looked back up, and cleared her throat. "Besides... you're here with me...right? With us working together...Omiko is as good as history, I mean...we beat those Autons, didn't we?" Her hands brushed over the navy blue skirt, making sure that it stays down, so that no one would see anything she doesn't want them to see.

"What do you say?" Nevada murmured, ignoring the strange looks she was receiving from other students, and Noriko. "Are you willing to work with me on this? Cause... no matter what you say, I'm gonna intervene in this, and if you aren't gonna help...well...you can just jump off, get me a robe or whatever...and I'll grin and bear the hundred million serves... Correction, the hundred and ten million."

Jikan's blouse section began to vibrate gently tickling Nevada's skin gently as the uniform chuckled. "You are truly brave Nevada. Wiling to stand up for H.G. whom was a stranger against plastic men armed with guns. Now wiling to face an entire team of one star students with a Two Star leader to save your best friend." Jikan mused. "I wouldn't miss this fight for the world Nevada. " He stated firmly as his eyes darted back to the tennis captain . "Lets do it Nevada feed me your blood." he said

"Girls we have someone new for target practice!" Omikio said as grasped the ball she was dribbling in place. "Fire!" she ordered as the girls immediately sent a volley of tennis balls all hitting Nevada in the abdomen in the stomach before she could even break her skin to feed Jikan or even draw the sword strapped to her back. "Oh and its our serve" Omikio added before readying her life fiber racket. "110 MILLION SERVE!" she ordered as the captain along with her members began to unleashe volley after volley of tennis balls upon Nevada. the furry and speed was preventing the school girl from drawing blood or even draw her sword.

"Oh no..." H.G. said grabbing her coat and heading out of her classroom.

Nevada found herself blushing pink...the gentle vibrations surprisingly pleasant against her skin. “Ah, I’m glad you think so…” she murmured under her breath, annoyed since her heart was pounding entirely too fast for her liking. “I mean...I’m just doing what I feel is right… I’m...I’m not trying to be brave, or be a hero, or anything like that…” Her eyes lit up when he declared that he wouldn’t miss this fight for the world, and the girl grinned. “That’s what I like to hear!” she replied, already lifting one hand to bite into the meaty part of her thumb, to provide him with the blood he needed to transform. Of course...she was never given the chance. “Girls, we have someone new for target practice!” Omiko cried, grasping a yellow tennis ball and bouncing it off the asphalt. The other girls followed suit...which gave her a bad...bad feeling.

“Fire!” Omiko ordered, the black-haired minions immediately sending a volley of tennis balls with deadly aim...right at Nevada. The balls hit her abdomen, her stomach, even her face, making pain bloom in a hundred -no, a million- places. Shit! Nevada thought, gritting her teeth and kneeling down into a defensive position. These guys are merciless! I’m not even being given a chance to draw blood...or draw the sword… Quite a few of the balls reopened the bandaged wounds she received last night...crimson red leaking down the outside of her legs. Too bad Jikan can’t reach… came the random thought, before weakness flooded through the poor girl’s system. N-No...I can’t… Her eyes a fraction, or perhaps a bit more than that, wider, she fought to stay on her feet.

Because of the weakness, Nevada didn’t see the two or three balls heading straight for her face...and so, darkness enveloped the world she knew. Unbeknowst to her, the girl fell sideways onto the ground, jamming her elbow, and perhaps other places.

"Nevada!" Jikan said in alarm as Nevada lost consciousness while the Tennis club continued to bombard her with their assault. Just as the young school girl would slip into unconsciousness would she hear Omikio ordering the girls to tie Noriko back up and continue the disciplinary punishment.

The next thing Nevada would feel would be her in a seated position while a warm sticky substance was being spread over her reopened wounds. "Oh dear oh dear you certainly took a beating." came a faint voice as Nevada slowly regained consciousness. "Your lucky those were just tennis balls and not something heavier like a bowling ball." the voice said again before the school girl would feel bandaging being applied to her injuries. "I think she is waking up Professor." another voice easily identifiable as Jikan said. As Nevada would open her eyes she would find herself once again inside the TARDIS control room, sitting in one of the comfy Victorian style arm chairs present while her Teacher was busy tending to her injuries.

"Good morning." H.G. said with a smile as she set the medical bandaging down. "Or I should say afternoon." she mentioned before moving over to the console checking several things on one of the screens followed by flicking a two switches.

"Nevada are you alright?" Jikan asked as his eyes looked up at her since she was still wearing him. "After you lost consciousness H.G. appeared and managed to get the Tennis Team to stop their assault on you." he said

Noriko...Nevada thought, right before unconsciousness claimed both her mind and her body. Every thought was wiped away, leaving a clean slate behind in their place. The muscles within the girl’s body went limp, no electrical signals passing between brain, muscles or anything in-between. Brown curls splayed across the ground, she didn’t see anything take place after lights were out.

The next thing Nevada became aware of was a warm, sticky substance being spread by warm...soothing hands. “Oh dear, oh dear, you certainly took a beating,” came a faint voice, one that she knew...yet couldn’t quite figure out who it belonged to. A low groan slipped past her lips. “You’re lucky those were just tennis balls and not something heavier like a bowling ball.” The fingers left her skin, seconds later being replaced with soft fabric. “I think she is waking up, Professor,” came another voice...this one deeper, obviously male...and this voice just as vaguely familiar. “Nn…” Nevada groaned, her eyes slowly drifting open, the depths barely making out the inside of the TARDIS control room. H.G. wavered into view, holding a roll of bandages in one hand.

“Ah...Afternoon?” Nevada croaked, running a hand over her face...and not really feeling the contact. Her eyes followed the professor to the console, though she couldn’t understand what she was doing. After letting a soft sigh, those brown eyes went to the living navy blue uniform that she was still wearing, giving a nod.

“I’m okay, I guess… Are you okay though…? I mean...you were being hit by the tennis balls, too…” Nevada murmured. Her fingers ran over the soft fabric, checking to see if there was any tears or scuff marks that she needs to know about. However, she blushed pink when she realized what she was doing, and looked elsewhere quickly. “Not that I’m worried about you, or anything! Hmph!” she huffed, crossing her arms.

"I-Im ok" Jikan said quickly feeling his fabric soften slightly when Nevada voiced her concerns and also began to check him for damage. Only for her demeanor to suddenly change to a non caring one. "It didn't sound like that minute ago." The uniform chuckled only for the small conversation to be interrupted by the sound of a large lever being pulled down along with the TARDIS going into flight.

"Your both bloody lucky that's what you are." The Time Lord said sternly as the Wheezing noise became audible in the background. "Challenging the entire Tennis Team like that. That's what you are lucky, lucky your not tied up naked hanging over the entrance to the school with a warning attached to you like that kid who stole the one-star uniform." H.G. scolded remembering the sight of the poor child now being used to oppress people back into submission.

"You don't understand H.G. things are more serious than you realize." Jikan stated as H.G. crossed her arms leaning against the console with a doubtful look on her face. "Not only was Nevada's friend being brutally beaten by those girls but Honnojui Academy is up to something...Last night after we parted ways we found the house had been raided by the Academy and Nevada's mother was abducted. We found a One Star uniform on the scene to prove it." The Time Robe said as H.G. raised one slender brow.

"Oh really....well if the Academy has done this then there is nothing you can do I'm afraid." H.G. said as the box stopped with a jolt indicating it had landed. "After we parted ways I did some additional research on the Academy. If they have your mother unless your willing to fight the entire Academy...you should just go home." she said motioning to the doors. "And keep your head down"

“You’re just imagining things, you piece of cloth,” Nevada huffed...with no real feeling behind the last words. Her fingers continued feeling along the skirt and the hem of the blouse… not feeling anything out of the ordinary. A few pieces of brown fell against her cheeks, which brought out the pretty pink blush she was sporting, not to mention her impossibly dark eyes. “I swear...you either need to get your seams checked...or your stitching, one of the two…” were her next murmured words, never getting any louder than that.

Nevada lifted her head...only to scowl, the color on her face now for an entirely different reason. It did surprise the girl, however, when Jikan spoke up to her defense. Of course it didn’t seem to do a lot of good...but at least he...it...tried. A glint of stubborn determination glowing from chocolate brown pools, she lifted herself out of the Victorian seat with a little difficulty...but was able to do it nonetheless. “You’re right...about one thing. We are lucky, I’ll give ya that. Things could have ended up a lot worse than they did. We could have been made an example of what happens to those who stands up against Honnouji Academy.”

Unaware that she keeps using ‘we’, Nevada tossed her head back this time around...and sending brown curls out of her face. “However… I am not gonna stand by, and let that damn Academy walk all over me...and think that they can get away with kidnapping my mother! Or beating up my best friend! Satsuki has used this school as a playground long enough! I don’t care what dirt you’ve digged up about Honnouji Academy… if I have to take down every One, Two, and Three-Star in the place, I say...bring it on! I am not going to hide, like a little girl… or get someone else to fight my battles! That’s my job!” Her eyes narrow, she turned to leave.

“By the way, Professor Wells… If that’s all you have to say, whenever you see me… I have to say, I’m not interested in listening. Not to be rude or anything.” Nevada shrugged, only being honest on the matter. Her hands on her hips -seeing as how she had no pockets- she went on ahead and left the TARDIS, still seething inside. I really hope Noriko is okay… “You’re with me on this...right?” she asked Jikan, glancing down at the uniform she was wearing. “You okay with...working together?”

"I am" Jikan said without a doubt in his voice. "If you are planning to take down ever student that gets in your way in saving your mother. Then count me in, I wouldn't miss this adventure for the world." The uniform said his gold eyes looking up at Nevada before darting back down. "I do however have one small question....where the heck are we?" Jikan asked as several men wearing white robes with straw hats and sandals passed by them through what looked like an old Japanese village of sorts high in the mountains.

"Well the name translates to Little Steel." H.G. said trailing up behind them with her hands in her duster pockets. "You should be more specifically asking when." She said with a smile. "This is Fedual Japan 1185. Welcome to the past Nevada and Jikan." She said before raising a hand as Jikan began to question how. "Remember my box is a Time Machine also." She said with a kind smile on her face. "Sorry for being so hard on you both back there. I wanted to see if your resolve was determined or not...you passed." She said

"H.G.....why did you bring us here?" Jikan asked aloud. "Noriko still needs our help back home." he said as the Time Lord nodded.

"Yeah that's true enough but you can't do her any good if your not able to defend yourself." she said as she began walking down the street leaving the TARDIS behind. "So hence why I brought you both here. The man who forged that sword on your back Nevada dwells here and just happens to be a master of the blade himself." she said. "So if your really determined to fight and bring Satsuki and her academy down....are you ready to take the first step with re-forging that sword and learning how to wield it?" She asked turning back to raise a brow. "If you agree I will have your back every step of the way." She said before flashing another kind smile. "I promise"

Nevada felt a strange...warm sensation spread throughout her chest. Having been independent for the majority of her life, mostly because of the deck life has dealt her, but… well...she’s never...had someone to lean on...no one to depend on. It felt...kinda nice… knowing that he was going to back her up. Her heart skipping beats and doing a funky dance, she blinked at the unexpected question...and cast her gaze about. “That...is a really good question…” she murmured, unsettled by all the curious, and the not-so-innocent glances thrown her way. Her eyes narrowing, she pressed both hands onto the navy blue skirt… almost as though that would hide skin.

H.G.’s voice broke through her thoughts...and only brought a wave of confusion. “‘Little Steel?’” Nevada repeated, a note of incredibility infused with the words. “What a lame name… Uh, no offense.” Giving a little shrug to indicate that she really didn’t care if it was rude or not, she looked around with new eyes. “Okay...so we’re in Feudal Japan… the year eleven eighty-five, to be exact…” Tilting her head back, she noticed how clear the sky was...and what a pretty shade of blue it was. “You were being hard on us? I’d hate to watch you get pissed off…” After a soft laugh, the girl brought her head back down.

“Okay...you have a point there. I’ll admit that much, Professor. I don’t know how to use… Little Knife, or whatever you called it...and it’d be better that I learn how, instead of waving it around like a stick.”

Nevada absentmindedly began fiddling with the waistline of her skirt, while diving deeper into her thoughts. “I’m ready to take the first step, you know...whenever you are. I want to be able to defend myself, to defend Noriko...to defend anyone, I guess… so I’m all for it. Who is this...sword master that lives here?" I really wish everyone would stop staring at me… Brown curls flying into her face every which way, Nevada finally lost patience, and gathered it all in her hands. “I need to chop this off…” she murmured under her breath. “I don’t know how much longer I can tolerate this…” Slightly tugging, she mulled over ideas of cutting her long hair off right below her ears.

"Would be a good idea" H.G said as they moved down the streets weaving through the groups of people like fish in the sea. "Not only will it obscure your vision it will give your enemies something to pull on in a fight. Hence why I keep mine in a bun." She mentioned. "If you want I can cut it for you I know how to use a pair of scissors pretty well." She added

"As nice as your hair does look Nevada I do have to agree it would be best to resolve the situation with its length." Jikan said as his gold eyes looked up at her for a moment to relay his message. Once he was done speaking did his golden orbs dart back down and kept a vigilant eye to ensure he could warn his wearer sshould the need arise. Though watching them follow H.G. heading to the outskirts peeked his curiosity again. "Where is this friend of yours H.G.?"

"On the edge of town" the Time Lord said not slowing her pace. "He likes his privacy while he works. His name is Koji Okimura, one of the greatest swordmasters of his time. He can slice the wings of a fly off....without killing it." She said as they approached a medium sized home complete with an outdoor forge and a pond filled with fish out back with several posts protruding from the water.

Standing on top of one of those posts with a blade in hand stood a tall lean muscled man in his late twenties, with long raven hair that reached his shoulders. Currently said man was standing bare chested practicing the motions of several basic techniques with his back turned as his guests approached. "I see you have been working out Koji must be hard keeping the ladies off." H.G. said aloud to gain his attention.

"Hmph" Koji responded with his back still to them his muscles strained slightly before relaxing lowering his blade. "Difficult when a woman would prefer a domestic man than the brutal savage man you referred to me our last meeting." He said before his head turned slightly. "Who is your Companion?" He asked.

“I wasn’t really thinking of the practicality behind it, I just thought it was getting annoying… but I’m glad you both agree about the idea.” Nevada gathered the thick curls at the base of her neck, before reaching into her jacket for a hair tie. A few brown strands managed to escape, however, and so laid against her cheeks almost defiantly. “Maybe later you can cut my hair for me...after we get back,” she murmured, playing with the tips almost fondly.

Her eyes blinked when she tuned back into the conversation. “That’s...actually kind of sad, for the fly, I mean,” Nevada said, following H.G. through the sea of people. It wasn’t too long until the trio was on the outskirts of town, approaching a medium-sized home. There was an outdoor forge attached, and a pond full of fish, with several...posts rising up from the water. Eccentric, sure, but overall very pleasing to the eye. It did take the girl a moment -or several- to realize that there was a man standing on top of one of the posts, going through motions with a blade.

Nevada found herself blushing, her heart skipping beats while she took him in. He was tall, lean, and very well-built, with muscles any guy would be jealous of. This was obvious… seeing as how at that moment...he wasn’t wearing a shirt. His hair was black as onyx, and it wasn’t cut short, like most do during her era...no, his was nice and long, tied back in a ponytail. It looked really soft, too...almost tempting enough to touch. Surprisingly enough, though, it didn’t look girly on him...but rather, masculine.

Really? ‘A brutal, savage man?’ I actually prefer a man like that...as long as I’m the only one who can touch his sensitive side… Nevada felt his eyes land on her, and her skin prickled with awareness. “Ah… I’m available?” she threw out there, a soft, awkward laugh following soon after. “I’m just joking… Um, hi there… My name is Nevada, Nevada Ash… I heard your name was Koji Okimura?” Her hand offered to the larger man, she was suddenly aware of the vast differences between their heights, and how her hand could probably be crushed in his.

Still a bit red in the face, Nevada hoped that the living uniform didn’t notice how her heart was pounding...or how...well, strange she felt. On the other hand...she hoped that Koji didn’t think of her outfit as strange...or suggestive. After all, that was not the kind of girl she was, period. The end.

Hearing Nevada mention that she was free to be a love interest forced not only H.G. to resist a facepalm but for Jikan to keep his own self control and not comment on that. However the one thing that could not be avoided was the increase of pressure Nevada would feel from Jikan's form constrict ever so slightly as his gold eyes narrowed slightly at Koji. A familiar emotion surged through his stitches as he gazed at the impressive male figure before him. It was the same burning pit that Jikan felt when Kendrick had given Nevada the breakfast sandwich on the cable car earlier. Realizing that he was once again losing focus from his emotions Jikan pushed the feeling to the back of his mind and loosened up again.

"Hmm interesting..." Koji said raising one eyebrow as he gazed at Jikan. "I sense another presence among us." He said raising his sword and pointing it at Nevada's chest where Jikan's eyes were located. "Are you some form of demon in disguise?" He asked sternly his eyes in a piercing stare as Jikan began to speak only for it to fall on deaf ears for some reason Koji was unable to hear the uniform speak.

"Easy big guy..." H.G. said placing one gloved hand on the blunt edge of the blade and gently pushed it down. "It's her clothes his name is Jikan...can't you hear him speak?" She asked as the sword master shook his head. "Odd...." H.G. said her eyes trailing over to the uniform noticing the same thing occur earlier at the Academy. Despite Jikan talking in an easily audible voice nobody said a thing concerning the talking uniform. The obvious answer was Telepathy, it was technique common amongst her people especially the mute, but how was Nevada able to understand him despite being incapable of enhance mental powers? That was something the Time Lord would need to look into later.

"Regardless we are here because I am calling in one of the favors you owe me." H.G. said as Koji turned his body fully to her while holding his sword in a reverse grip. "The sword you made for me as a souvenir I have entrusted to young Nevada here. You told me that one day that sword would be of great use. Well I am certain that Nevada can use it." She said firmly as Koji silently took another glance at Nevada from the corner of his eyes. His dark eyes looking her up and down as if he was evaluating her based solely on her stance and posture. "However she has no formal training and I fear the sword's current form is unfit for her to wield properly." H.G. said "So here we are...with a month of our time to spare for you to train her before we return to our time. Where she is most definitely needed." The Time Lord said as Koji chuckled lightly.

"I see...." The sword master said his full piercing gaze turning back to Nevada. "This mad woman and her box lured you into something bigger than you ever imagined." he said. "I've done the same thing when I was your age." he said motioning with a nod of his head towards H.G. "Strange woman appears. I followed her and before I realized it I was far from home in a different time." he stated before thrusting his sword into the ground. "If I were to agree to train you Nevada Ash...would you follow every instruction I given you no questions asked?" He inquired his eyes not leaving hers to even blink waiting for an answer.

Nevada swallowed the lump in her throat. I can’t believe I said that, I am such an idiot! she realized, about ready to slap some sense into herself. Of course, there was no guarantee that it’d work...but at least it’d be worth the shot, right? The red blush now a light dusting along her cheeks, her brown eyes widened when Koji lifted his sword...pointing it right at her chest, where Jikan’s eyes were located. Her heart leaping into her throat this time around, at first...she really couldn’t help but think of...the implications behind such an action, but that was before his words sank in. Jikan! Out of pure instinct -or it could be thought of as pure emotion-, she lifted both hands, as though she could protect the living uniform from harm. Against the wicked sharp sword...that was unlikely. Her eyes narrowed in the presence of his piercing glare, defiance welling up in her chest.

“Jikan is not a demon in disguise, or anything like that! He’s…” Lost for words, Nevada trailed off as H.G. stepped in, placing one gloved hand on the blunt edge of the blade and gently pushed it down. “It’s her clothes. His name is Jikan… Can’t you hear him speak?” she asked, the man shaking his head no in reply. What the-? He can’t hear Jikan? That’s weird… I… I thought everyone could… “Odd…” H.G. said, her eyes trailing over and giving her a strange feeling...almost like she was being undressed in front of the two people. Her skin prickled.

A hand lifted, the fingertips brushing aside strands of brown curl aside to tuck behind her ear. Nevada glanced back and forth between the adults, listening to the conversation, but not contributing to it just yet. The sword was brought up, and she again felt Koji’s eyes slide over in her direction...this time, making her blush a very dark red, and fidget nervously under his gaze. I can’t believe...I’m reacting this way towards him…she thought, lightly gnawing on her bottom lip while fighting not to meet his eyes. She knew if she did, she’d be likely to fall into the forest green depths… While his gaze was evaluating, not showing any interest in her whatsoever...she couldn’t help but wish that there was a flicker of interest, somewhere in those pools of color.

“It-It’s not as though the sword is unfit! I just...I would prefer it to be two blades instead of one, if...if it’s at all possible…” Nevada found herself chuckling nervously afterwards, and next sighed. A month’s worth of time to train wasn’t much time, especially considering the material being taught...but maybe, just maybe...it’ll be enough to at least survive a fight. It was annoying, being soundly beaten, and having to run away...either that, or being rescued. Her hands smoothing out the navy blue skirt, mostly out of habit than a need to get wrinkles out, the girl’s thoughts went from one direction to the next, and back again. I can’t believe… I met Jikan just two days ago, and was dragged into this mess… It almost feels like it was a lifetime ago… Her eyes now watching a fish dart with another through the water, she almost missed the sword master’s words, and when she realized this, her blush returned full-force.

Nevada began to nod, having to bite her lip to prevent herself from laughing. “Ah, yes… sort of. I was lured into something bigger than I ever imagined, most definitely...but it wasn’t entirely H.G. It was also someone else’s fault…” she replied to Koji, indicating to the living uniform. “She warned me to stay away, but my curiosity got the best of me...and before I knew it, we were being attacked...however...it was really him that got me deeper into this mess.” The sword was thrust into the ground, taking the girl by surprise. “If I were to agree to train you, Nevada Ash… Would you follow every instruction I give you, no questions asked?” he inquired, his eyes not leaving hers...not even blinking, and making her feel fuzzy all over. Her thoughts taking a turn for the worse, she tried to calm her racing heart, and nodded again. “I...I will…”

"Good" Koji said pulling his blade free from the dirt. "We will begin with reforming your blade. Meet me at my forge in one hour." the sword master said sternly turning and heading towards his home without another word. "Do not be late." he added over his shoulder as H.G. patted her student on the back.

"Quite the looker isn't he?" she said with a small wink ignoring the glare Jikan was flashing her. "Anyway...lets return to the TARDIS so I can give you that haircut." the Professor said pulling the Yale key free from her shirt and used it to summon the TARDIS in the same manner as before. Soon the easily recognizable sound of the TARDIS's wheezing was heard followed by the blue box materializing in front of the Time Lord.

"H.G." Jikan spoke up. "If you knew were Koji resided to begin with why did you land the TARDIS in the middle of the town instead of directly here to begin with?" The Time Robe asked curiously as H.G. shrugged her shoulders while she unlocked the door.

"I wasn't sure if he was still living here or not. Would have been a very awkward and difficult situation to explain if it was someone else living here instead." H.G. said pushing the door open with a creak before stepping inside the control room. "Pull up one of the chairs and have a seat while I go get some scissors." H.G. said heading down the hallway towards her room leaving the school girl and uniform to themselves in the massive room.

-Meanwhile in the Present-

"So what your saying she's E.T. Froggy? You do realize how ridiculous that sounds right?" Three Star Student and member of the Student Council Nonon Jakuzure said suppressing the urge to laugh at Hoka Inumuta's recent 'discovery' concerning the new teacher that was recently hired by the Academy staff.

"She is much more than some puppet from a 80's family movie." Hoka explained as the elite four were relaxing in the Student Council lounge while Hoka sat cross legged in a seat with his laptop in front of him. "Lady Satsuki requested me to personally look into H.G. Well's background information. Medical, Financial, Legal, she has none in fact you may say prior to arriving at the Academy its as if she never existed." he said as Uzu scoffed a bit.

"Did you try google her with the word British?" The Head of the Athletic Club division asked as Hoka glared at him slightly.

"No but your not far off in fact....I hacked the files of a top secret British based government organization known as UNIT." He said turning his laptop to show the Three Star students various pictures of the TARDIS, H.G., and a number of mysterious men connected to the box. "In fact you may say she's....out of this world." he grinned

“O-Okay, one hour..." Nevada agreed, her heart all aflutter inside her chest. There was no reason for it...but of course, who could tell their heart to keep on beating as though nothing was going on? Her cheeks painted a pretty rosy pink, a color that brought out the girl's dark eyes rather nicely...not to mention the blonde undertones of her hair, she looked up at the older woman and gave a shy smile. It wasn't but a heartbeat later, though, that the smile turned into a goofy grin.

Nevada's grin faded with H.G.'s next words, only to be replaced with a thoughtful expression. "That sounds good... I mean, it's better to get it taken care of now, rather than later...right?" Her hand reached up to tease a couple curls, she imagining what it'd be like without so much hair...and finding it difficult to do so. "How short should I go, I wonder..." she murmured, not really speaking to either H.G. or Jikan, but more to herself. Her hands gathered the wild curls together in a rope, the length of them going all the way down to right below her shoulders.

"H.G.," Jikan spoke up. "If you knew where Koji resided to begin with, why did you land the TARDIS in the middle of the town instead of directly here to begin with?" Nevada let go of her hair, only to glance down at the Time Robe. Huh...This is the first time he's spoken up in a good long while... she realized, waiting while the door was being unlocked.

An explanation given in lieu to the question, Nevada thought it reasonable, and nodded. "Okay, thanks," she spoke up, watching H.G. head down the hallway in order to find a pair of scissors. With a sigh, she sat down in a soft, plush chair, leaning her head back and gazing up at the ceiling. Her fingers began tapping, her thoughts turning away from the sexy sword master and to something else...at least. "Hey... What do you... you know...think about all this?" the girl asked Jikan, indicating the situation. "Do you think I'll...be able to learn how...?" Lost for words, she lifted her hands as though she was holding twin blades, and slashed at invisible enemies.

"Ugh, never mind... I'm just making a fool of myself..." Nevada let her head fall back again, this time closing her eyes so she could lose herself in the darkness.

Oh...that brings up a good question, actually... I need to ask H.G. whenever she gets back... Nevada opened her eyes, the light passing over the pair, and revealing several golden flecks hiding within the brown depths. One leg lifted to cross over the other, yet she grew uncomfortable with the position before too long, and uncrossed both legs.

Nevada rose to her feet, pacing while her thoughts went around in circles. "I just...I noticed you were being kinda quiet...and I was wondering if you had any thoughts on the matter... after all...you know more about this sort of thing than I do... I just... I just want your opinion, okay?" I'm not gonna say I won't train... because really, it's my choice in the end... Pausing, she lifted her head up again...her hands behind her, and her thoughts turning inward. "You know... I may be wearing you and all...and I'm not saying that I like our predicament or anything...but we...we're partners now. We have to work together."

A hand lifted, the fingertips stroking the soft material laying over her collarbone. "I know I may not.. act like it sometimes...but... I'm glad you're here. I have someone who can...who has my back, sort of... and who I can depend on.

Mom and I haven't gotten along in years...not since Dad died, and that was when I was younger. She's the only family I have left...besides Noriko, that is. I can't lose her...I can't lose either of them. So...you know, thanks. For agreeing to all this. I'm not gonna kiss ya this time...but...whenever we get back home, I'll give you a good ironing..." Nevada sank back into the chair after a little bit, having heard H.G. coming back from down the hallway.

"I think it would be wise to learn how to properly wield a sword." Jikan spoke up his golden eyes blinking once before looking up at Nevada. "Your planning to declare your own personal war with one of the powerful women and her servants in all of Japan with nothing but a talking uniform, a sword to be made into two, and a crazy woman with her police box." he said with a small chuckle sending a gentle vibration throughout his stitching. "I personally pleased that you are willing to fight for those you care about." The Time Robe said "However I fear it will be a long time before you can give me that ironing since we will be here for a month. Unless H.G. keeps onboard this ship." he said as the sounds of footsteps approaching.

"Alright then." H.G. said returning with a pair of scissors, a mirror, and an apron to put over Nevada to prevent hair from getting on her or Jikan. "Ok lets get to work shall we?" H.G. said with a smile tying the apron around Nevada's neck securely before the audible sound of the scissors began to fill the room along with the sight of small strands of brown curls falling all around Nevada. "Don't worry I won't cut much...We'll try to just above your shoulders first that should be sufficient don't you think?" she asked.

Nevada closed her eyes...mostly so she couldn’t see all the strands of brown falling onto the apron. “Why wouldn’t I fight for those I care about…?” she murmured. “There isn’t many people I care about...and I’d rather have those people continue to be in my life… It’s as simple as that, really…” Her fingers playing with the edge of her skirt, mostly out of habit than anything else, she went over her earlier question in her head before speaking up. “Ah, H.G…. Does Koji expect me to learn how to fight with Jikan...activated...or as just myself? I just thought I should be clear on that first, before anything…” That, and I’m not sure if I want him to see me in such a revealing outfit… Her cheeks flushing pink at the imagined expression he’d wear, she bent her head forward slightly, that way H.G. wouldn’t notice. The metallic snip of the scissors was the only thing she could hear, besides the racing of her heart.

“Also, I wanted to ask this earlier… Are you staying here, or are you heading back to my time…?” Curious, Nevada opened one eye, a rogue curl framing the brown pool and ending right at her cheekbone. “I don’t know if I’m expected to stay at Koji’s house...or elsewhere.” While she liked the idea of staying at his home, it was wrong on many levels...but still, where else could she stay? It wasn’t as though she had friends here. Imagining she and Koji eating breakfast together...and getting to know one another, sharing their first kiss...caused Nevada to blush ever darker, and her body to heat up.

Hearing Nevada's question H.G. laughed softly seeing the blush on her student's face. "Without him. Jikan enhances your body physically to super human levels you need to learn how to use a sword as a normal person first." She said as the scissors continued their work of shortening the brown curls so they would be just above her shoulders. Hearing Nevada's second question did she speak again. "No I will be remaining here in this time with you. Would be irresponsible of me to leave my student and her uniform here for a month alone. As for lodging....your more than welcome to stay here in the TARDIS." She said kindly. "I have more than enough room....I haven't had a guest since......" She said trailing off as the scissors slowed to a halt.

“Makes sense. I have to develop the skills first, before anything can be enhanced…” Nevada could already feel the hefty weight lifting off her shoulders, and a cool breeze tease the back of her neck. It was weird...but it felt good, too, at the same time. After a few days or so, she’ll be used to it. A touch disappointed, she brushed it aside while nodding. “Okay… That’s great, actually… cause I don’t wanna intrude...and on a stranger. You, I know a little better than Koji. I also promised Jikan another ironing… He liked the one from last night. There’s also baths… that’s an added bonus.” Now grinning, she tilted her head back...fully aware of the tension, but trying to rid of it in the only way she knew how. On her feet, she finger-combed her hair...finding that it was indeed, shorter...however, just long enough to frame her face. “Yeah...I like this length, I think. Can I see the mirror?” she asked, indicating the one H.G. had.

"Here you are.." H.G. said setting her scissors down and picking up the hand held mirror passing it over to Nevada while the Time Lord carefully removed the apron to catch the remainder of Nevada's severed hair to avoid a further mess on the floor. "Hope you like it. Been so long since I had a chance to cut someone's hair." She said before grinning. "Tommorow night we should do facial masks and braid each other's hair in the TARDIS Spa." He teased with a small laugh.

"I like it." Jikan commeneted looking up at the reflection through the mirror. "While your hair looked nice longer.....this also looks very good on you." The uniform said before blinking. "wait there is a spa in this box?" He asked

Nevada studied her reflection in the mirror, finding that she no longer recognized the person looking back. Maybe it was the new haircut, or perhaps it’s been a long time since she’s last saw what she looked like...but, well...she didn’t look like an awkward teenager anymore. Her face framed by brown curls, she looked like...a young woman growing into her role. “I like it,” the girl finally announced, running a hand through her hair again. “It’s different, that much is certain...but I like it. I just gotta get used to it is all.” After sticking her tongue out at the reflection, the mirror was handed back, and she glanced down at Jikan. “Of course you like it. You’re fine with just about anything I do… unless I get a tattoo or something.” Hm, now there’s an idea…

“And are you really surprised? I wouldn’t be, given how huge this place is.” Nevada indicated the large space the trio were in now, and shook her head. “Before I head back to Koji’s...is there anything I need to do, to get ready for training?” she asked, crossing her arms and meeting H.G.’s gaze.

"Well there is one thing..." H.G. said taking a brush and removing the few loose pieces of hair that clung to Nevada's neck and shoulders. "This may be critical in the future, since you will need Jikan in order to fight the Academy...I am going to warn you....you may not speak to me for a bit though." she said as Jikan blinked curiously wondering what exactly the strange professor had.

"What are you suggesting Time Lord?" Jikan asked curiously unsure of what H.G. was about to suggest as she moved about the control room opening up several drawers of a chest of drawers before snapping her fingers and moving over to a nearby stand up closet. "Or...what are you looking for?" Jikan asked as H.G. sighed.

"You are like a little child Jikan..." H.G. said. "Always asking questions wondering how the world works. You remind me of my brother." she pointed out with a small laugh before turning around with a flourish with a large black bath robe in her hands. "I was looking for this." She said with a grin. "Strip." She ordered as Jikan's gold eyes widened at the command. What was this insane woman thinking.

Soon the hour wait was up and Koji would be standing in front of a small table with two items covered in a cloth before seeing the sight of both H.G. and Nevada now wearing the robe emerge from the TARDIS and approach him in the back yard where he stood still barechested wearing only his trousers. "Ahhh good you are here." the Swordmaster said crossing his muscular arms over his impressive chest. "Are you ready to begin?" He asked

“I hate you. I completely, and totally...hate you,” Nevada grumbled under her breath. The black bath robe wrapped tightly about the girl’s body, it hide her state of undress from anyone and everyone...well, everyone except for the girl in question. While she was still wearing underwear...it didn’t feel like enough. Embarrassment painting her cheeks a lovely red color, she lifted her eyes from the floor...only to widen slightly, the color darkening...and her jaw dropping.

Nevada swallowed the lump that formed in her throat all of a sudden, and cleared it soon after. “Uh...y-yes… we’re here…” she managed, somehow. Her heart was racing fast inside her chest...and...and there was a weird pressure, too...though why, she had no idea. Little wisps of curls falling against her cheeks, she looked rather adorable at that very moment… especially with that blush.

Her eyes fell onto the two items covered in cloth, and within a heartbeat, Nevada connected the dots. “Oh… you forged the sword into two while we were gone?” she asked, forgetting about her embarrassment and nerves...and his impressive chest for just a moment or so. Of course...she was reminded of the fact when she began approaching the table, only to bump into the larger man… When that happened, a hand reached out to steady the girl...the palm landing in the middle of his chest.

Red replaced with an even deeper shade, Nevada froze in place, not quite sure what to do. Every inch of her hand was tingling...almost like it had fallen asleep, only she knew better than that. After a minute or so, the hand quickly retracted...though not soon enough for Jikan to miss the electric moment between teacher and student. “U-Um, yeah… yeah, I’m ready whenever you are…” Nevada stuttered, cheeks crimson, and the girl obviously embarrassed quite thoroughly.

Just as Nevada stumbled and placed her hand on Koji's chest by accident did Jikan emerge from the TARDIS hopping along before his golden eyes narrowed some feeling his stitching stiffen yet again with the noticeable absence of Nevada's skin brushing against him. Now Jikan was able to identify an obvious emotion within him. "I hate you. I completely, and totally hate you." Jikan muttere to H.G. who smiled with her arms crossed.

"No you don't Jikan." she said with a smile. "Do you want to help me embarrass her?" she asked as the uniform looked up at her. "I assure you it will be funny. What do you say?" she whispered as Jikan nodded and prompted the Time Lord to lean down and whisper something in audible to Nevada and Koji.

Koji blinked and frowned noticing the blushing girl before him. Figures this girl was still so innocent that she alone was shy of both her and his body. If it wasn't for the mere fact that H.G. had wished for this girl to be trained he may have considered ending the apprenticeship right then and there. "If you are done feeling embarrassed child I suggest we begin...." he said pulling the cloth away to reveal two Bamboo swords. "Your blades are still being worked on but before you can wield them it will be safer for both of our health's if you use those for now." He stated

"There is one more thing Koji." H.G. said "In order for this training to work in its fullest we had to make a few wardrobe choices to Nevada's outfit....isn't that right Nevada? Go ahead and take the robe off." She said with a grin.

Back
Top Bottom