Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Majestic Tale of a Box and a Uniform (Starring Froggy and Nexs)

Nevada tilted her head, curiosity swirling within those dark brown eyes of hers. Because of the light high above, shadows were cast upon her features, one moment making the girl look sinister, evil almost...and the next, angelic but with a fire inside. The key still in her hand, her eyes danced from one object to the next, looking for any sign of...well, anything. “Ah… That is a loaded question...’Professor Wells’,” she replied, her voice surprisingly loud due to the quiet wrapping itself around the pair. “Mom should be around here somewhere...but I really doubt she cares, or even knows yet… I wouldn’t worry about her.”

Fingertips trailing along a mahogany staircase, Nevada noticed how much dust rose, and wiped her hand off on her skirt. “Come on, the kitchen’s this way. After all that running, I’m starving.” Both shoulders shrugging off her jacket, the girl began walking down a long hallway, one with aged pictures on both walls. Numerous had cracks warping the glass, disrupting smiles and laughters of the three portrayed. A younger version of Nevada often grinned at the camera, with both parents in tow. She paid the pictures no mind, instead keeping her mind on the here and now.

The kitchen was a clean, yet empty space, pots and pans hanging on the far wall. “What would you like to have?” Nevada asked, not sure what was in stock. Someone used to stop by every now and then, just to drop off groceries and take care of the cleaning...but who knows how long ago that was? Her footsteps quiet, barely making a sound, she checked the pantry, finding it fully stocked. There was plenty of preserves, cans and things that won’t expire anytime soon. “Alright, good…” she murmured under her breath, a bit relieved by the discovery.

H.G. slowly followed Nevada down the hall her sense all working overtime should something miss the younger girl it would not jump both of them by accident. Hearing Nevada speak of her mother in a non concerned manner made H.G. frown slightly. That was sad by the way Nevada acted it seemed neither mother or daughter cared much for one another. Judging by the pictures hanging on the walls leading to the kitchen this wasn't always the situation. Something happened and by the looks of it was after Nevada's father was no longer a member of the family. It wasn't uncommon for family relationships to become strained after divorce or death.

Pushing the thoughts aside H.G. turned her attention to Nevada. "Just coffee thanks" H.G. said with a small smile setting the package down on the table. "Do you have a knife on you?" H.G. asked curiously "I want to see what is I this package the Nudist chose to give to me from this Matoi fellow." she said "it was meant for someone who is...close to me. I want to know what this thing is." She stated.

After being handed a common kitchen knife H.G. slipped in between the paper wrapping and slid it straight down before setting the knife down and pulling the wrapping apart to reveal something H.G. was definitely not expecting. "A sailor uniform?" She asked herself in disbelief looking down where a deep blue with gold details and a scarf that look like it had eyes. "What the bloody h**?" she said now really confused.

“Coffee? Do you like it strong, or with lots of cream and sugar?” Nevada dug around until she found the old canister of ground beans. Her parents used to drink a lot of coffee, having to stay up half the night in order to finish some big project...but she was never fond of it. The aroma was bitter, and really...it was an acquired taste. I hope that coffee machine still works… she thought, wondering how long it’s been since it was last used. After a bit of tinkering, dripping filled the silence, only to be accompanied by a rolling clap of thunder. Dark clouds coiled in over the horizon, lightning flashing every once in a while as though to intimidate whoever dares stand in its way. Of course...no one can, for it’s a force of nature. Pale light lit up the kitchen in stark contrasts.

Nevada lifted her head, and gave a nod. “Yeah, I have a knife. Here.” The knife transferred hands, and curious, she took a seat and leaned forward to see the package’s contents. “It’s meant for someone who is close to you…? Do you mean a colleague, or someone along those lines?” she asked, fingers tapping against the table’s surface, eyes intent on the other woman’s hands. A sliver of anticipation crept under her skin...making it rather difficult to sit still. However...she didn’t expect to see deep blue material, with gold details and a scarf with the same designs. “What the hell?” she murmured, those brown eyes now narrowing in confusion.

There has got to be a mistake here… I mean, what can Professor Wells possibly do with a sailor uniform? Nevada leaned in a bit closer to get a good look, not paying any attention. Pain sliced through the palm of her hand, making her hiss and recoil. “Dammit!” she cursed, crimson blood tracing along the swirls of her palm, only to drip onto the dining room table. “I’m normally not this damn clumsy… Sorry, I’ll be right back… I have to run some water over this…” she told the teacher, rising out of her seat.

"Sure alright..." H.G. said as her gaze was still focused on the uniform. 'Why would someone called Matoi not only know about my mentor but choose to send him a girl's sailor uniform?!' the Professor thought in disbelief as she picked up the top of the uniform leaving the skirt in the wrapping. "Doctor...why would you want someone to give you this? You certainly are not a creepy old perv...." She said to herself before noticing a note that was inside the package underneath the skirt. Setting both pieces to the side H.G. did not notice some of Nevada's blood had spread to underneath where she laid the uniform down.

"What is this..." She said turning her back to the outfit as she looked at the note. It was written in the constellations...it was her native language. "Gallifreyan...." she mumbled under her breath as she began to read the note unaware the uniform was now missing from the spot it was previously.

Meanwhile upstairs as Nevada was busy cleaning her hand of the blood she would feel a presence slowly approaching her. Then seomthing jumping at her from behind and wrapping its arms around her shoulders. "More! Give me more!" one good look in the bathroom mirror made it perfectly clear who her attacker was. It was the uniform! Only now the eyes on the scarf were filled with the look of intense hunger the part where the shirt was connected to the skirt formed a mouth with the sleeves acting as arms the uniform held on for dear life. "MOre give me more blood now!!!" the uniform shouted

Nevada kept her hand wrapped in a paper towel, red staining the white slowly while she made her way to the bathroom. The cut wasn’t too bad, from what she could tell, but since it was right along her palm...it bled ten times worse than most cuts did. Applying pressure, the girl closed the door behind her with a bump of her hip, before running water over her hand. Pink spiraled and spun, going down the drain with a gurgle. It stung...that much she’ll admit...but it didn’t nearly as much as it did when she first cut herself. The feeling of being watched prickled along her skin...causing her shoulders to stiffen, and her hand to curl into a fist. What the hell…?

Brushing it off as paranoid, Nevada was looking directly at her reflection when darkness rose from behind. Its arms wrapped around her shoulders, holding on for dear life. “More! Give me more!” The uniform? Why is it-?! Not bothering to think about something so trivial, at least...not right at that very moment, she tried to yank it off with her good hand, unaware that she was smearing blood on the counter with the other.

Intense, hungry eyes met shocked brown, curls flying about the girl’s face while she struggled against the uniform’s grip. “More! Give me more blood now!!!” it shouted. “What the hell are you talking about?” Nevada yelled back, having no clue that she unintentionally gave it blood...even if it was just a transfer. While she didn’t give it directly to the uniform...oh, the point is understood. Teeth grinding together, she found herself falling back against the wall, a shelf hitting the back of her head and making the room spin.

"Hey hey hey!" the uniform shouted as he was nearly crushed between Nevada and the wall. Using the opportunity to his advantage the Uniform worked his way around to the front of her. "Now hold still!" the uniform said gripping the front of her blouse with its sleeves pulling on the fabric popping the buttons free and exposing the first glimpses of her bare skin as it began to pull her blouse down exposing her bra and stomach. "Here help put me on now! The sooner your in your underwear the sooner you can wear me!" he said.

H.G. frowned as she heard several thuds along with muffled shouts upstairs. "Nevada?" she asked in concern setting the note down on the kitchen table. "Oi!..." she said hurrying up the stairs towards the bathroom hearing the commotion continue. Knocking on the door now concerned she pressed her ear to the door. "Nevada! Are you ok?" she asked in concern now as she pulled out her Screwdriver and began to open the door.

The uniform ignored H.G.'s shouts as it quickly resumed its work of stripping the struggling school girl. Pulling the blouse all the way off revealing her bra before the skirt also parted her body. Then in an instant the uniform started changing again wrapping itself around Nevada's body and changing into a new appearance. "There we go!" the uniform shouted before concussive shockwave was released just as H.G. opened the door. The force of the blast sent the professor flying backwards and into the wall.

-Meanwhile in the slums-
The Autons were busily continuing their search in the slums for the duo. Feet hitting the ground in a robotic pace as the group of mysterious men searched everywhere for signs of either the Professor or her box. However as they turned a corner they felt something...an energy spike radiating from nearby. 'Locate source' the command rang out in the Auton's head as they turned and began to march towards the mansion.

“N-No…” Dots dancing before her eyes, Nevada fought weakly against the uniform, hands lifting in order to protect herself. Of course, she was at a disadvantage, seeing as how she could barely focus on any one thing at that very moment. Those dizzy brown eyes met the golden pair looking at her...and for a split second, she felt a...connection with the thing. There was no explanation behind it, but she felt it nonetheless. Navy blue sleeves gripped onto the front of her blouse, pulling the fabric apart and sending buttons flying. This brought her back to the present situation at hand...and so, she redoubled her efforts. “Stop! I don’t want to put you on!”

Nevada tried to fight the blush she felt coming on, yet it invaded her features, seeing as how she was now in her bra and panties. Pink making a dramatic appearance, the girl grit her teeth and continued to struggle, even in her lack of attire. Her ears perked when she heard Professor Wells call out her name, and hope flickering inside her chest, she replied. “No, I’m definitely not okay! Does it sound like I am? Rape! Sexual harassment! Help!” The last word ringing in the air, the uniform began changing...wrapping itself around her body.

I should never have gotten up out of bed today… came the thought, just moments before a surge of energy went throughout Nevada’s blood. “There we go!” the uniform shouted, it’s voice almost lost in the shock wave that followed. It knocked H.G. Wells flying backwards into the wall behind her, and almost broke the door clear off its hinges. A cry escaped the girl, her hands curling into fists as the energy grew to the point where it was almost overwhelming. The lightbulbs shattered, sending the bathroom into complete darkness.

The silence following everything was deafening, enough to where Nevada began moving despite it all. “What...What the hell?!” she called out, her voice incredulous, and borderline angry. Taking a few steps towards the doorway, she placed a hand on it to steady herself, light falling onto half of her face. “What the hell is with this uniform?!”

H.G. groaned as she pushed herself off of the floor. Several strands of raven hair had fallen loose obscuring her face slightly. As H.G. pushed the hair out of her face she gaped at the sight of Nevada as she came into the light. Now the sailor uniform that had attacked Nevada was different. Now it had taken on the appearance of a rather risqué outfit that looked more like something you would see at an anime convention. "What the bloody h**..." H.G. mumbled as the two large gold eyes that served as shoulder pauldrons blinked and came to focus.

"Sorry about that..." the sailor outfit said in a deep but distinctly calm male voice. "It's been so long since I had the chance to feed I went a little crazy." it said. "So...long..." it said "Where am I? and Who are you both?" It asked again curiously before its eyes narrowed at H.G. "Wait...you...your different...are you...?" it asked slowly cautious of its words. "A...Time...Lord?" it asked curiously unsure what it was exactly saying.

Nevada scowled, not in the least bit pleased by the situation. “I could ask you the same damn question, you perverted piece of cloth! What the hell are you? Who are you? And hey, here’s an idea: why don’t you get the hell off me and ask your questions that way…? I rather like that idea!” In the sailor uniform, she felt entirely too exposed for her liking. It was also strange, having clothes on that actually...talk. On her feet were boots that just went above the knee, navy blue in color, with gold trim wrapping around her thighs. The shorts were anything but, barely concealing anything on the lower half of her body. There was surrenders connecting it to the top part...her breasts almost completely hanging out of the short top. From what she could tell, it was the biggest part of the entire outfit, mostly because of the sleeves.

Along her arms was more navy blue, the gloves ending right at her elbows, with straps keeping the two attached to the top. There was gold around her wrists, almost like bracelets...but that's it. Nevada pulled on the neckline, trying to make it hide more of her breasts, but to no avail. It dipped down too low, and there was just simply... not enough fabric there. Her heart racing a little too fast, she could feel a blush heating up her cheeks...and it could do nothing to stop it. The red color spreading along ivory skin, she tried to make it appear as though it was no big deal.

“Wait a second… Time Lord?” Nevada focused her brown eyes on the professor, curiosity and suspicion swirling in equal amounts through the pair. Her brown curls were a mess about her cheeks, making her look like she just rolled out of bed. However...for some odd reason, golden tones could be seen more among the dark brown now than ever before. The girl’s hands began tugging on the top, in a weak attempt to take off the uniform. “What the hell is a Time Lord? What aren’t you telling me, H.G. Wells…? If that is your real name.” One foot shifted, the other bracing her against the wall as she tried harder to get...it off. Goddammit... Why won't it come off? she thought, scowling rather fiercely. It's just a damn outfit! A talking one, but an outfit nonetheless...

"Here hold still!" H.G. said as she grabbed her screwdriver from where it laid on the floor and activated it as she moved it over the top part of the outfit before looking at the shaft of the screwdriver. "Oh you are definitely not any ordinary set of clothes..." H.G. said her dark eyes gazing into one of the large gold ones. "Your not even enchanted either...this is you naturally..." she said before holding up her screwdriver to eye view. "Lets see what happens when Sonic Screwdriver mixes with that." she said with a grin on her face as the green glowing light engaged again.

"Wait wait wait wait!" the sailor suit panicked not sure what a Sonic Screwdriver was or what it would do to him. "I'm not your enemy Time Lord and Wearer!" he quickly said as H.G's eyes narrowed again hearing the title from the article of skimpy clothing. "Here watch!" he said as the sailor outfit reverted to normal. "See now please put that thing away." he said as H.G. pursed her lips.

"Very well..." she said deactivating her tool and returning it to her vest pocket. "Why don't you tell us who you are first then I will take my turn for you both.." H.G. said as the Sailor suit blinked in acknowledgment. "Good.....Nevada...we go sit down somewhere please I love to listen to stories when I am sitting down somewhere." she said

“Yes, let’s.” Nevada couldn’t agree more with the idea of getting it off. Honestly...it was creeping her out, how it kept talking and all. Red still lingering along her cheeks, those dark brown eyes focused on the screwdriver offered, green reflecting off the pair and making the depths appear almost sickly. “Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait!” the sailor uniform cried out, panicking at the sight. “I’m not your enemy, Time Lord and Wearer!” Professor Wells’ eyes narrowed, still holding onto the screwdriver, having been caught mid-action. “Here, watch!” he...it said, white light shining as it grew into what qualified as a more...normal uniform. “See, now please put that thing away.” At least I’m wearing something that doesn’t expose so much… the girl thought, still blushing, but not nearly as darkly.

The shorts had turned into a skirt, the hem tickling the tops of her knees while suspenders kept it attached to the blouse. Nevada’s breasts were no longer out playing peek-a-boo… but rather, concealed by a navy blue blouse. A gold scarf hung down her front, gold trimming outlining the collar. Her fingers twisted the pleats, as though making sure it wasn’t showing anything it wasn’t supposed to. Her heart raced still, but not as fast, nor as hard against her rib cage.

Brown eyes lifting, Nevada gave a curt nod. “Let’s go back to the kitchen…” she murmured, leading the way downstairs. “By the way? The name’s Nevada, Nevada Ash. I’m not ‘Wearer’, or whatever it is you called me… I’m Nevada. Learn it, if you’re sticking around.” With a scowl, she thrust her hands down...only to realize that she didn’t have any pockets. “Crap…” came the curse, just as she fell back into the chair she abandoned earlier.

"Nevada Ash...very well." The sailor uniform said as H.G. sat down across from Nevada and the uniform. The mysterious professor resting her cheek against her fist propped up on the counter as her gaze was fixed on the uniform itself while also unintentionally on Nevada's chest. "Do not get frustrated with me that is where this blasted fellow's eyes are." H.G. said in advance knowing how Nevada was already embarrassed enough today thanks to this talking piece of cloth. "Now then start with your name and the beginning please Mr. Sailor Suit." the professor said.

"As you wish." the outfit said. "My name is Jikan Rōbu or Time Robe if you prefer. It was the name given to me by....." Jikan trailed off as H.G. frowned slightly. "By....." H.G. picked up hoping to get an answer sometime by the end of the night. "Sorry..." Jikan said his eyes trailing off as if he was mentally straining himself. "I...cannot remember." he said. "My creator's name escapes me...along with many other things....I remember being created in a lab...with another uniform that was my twin save for his black and red color scheme. My creator said something about me being different than my twin...I can't remember what it was either." he said as H.G. leaned forward. "Do you remember what he looked like?" H.G. asked as Jikan blinked again before his eyes scrunched up slightly. "Yes....he wore a lab coat, was stooped, wore sandals, had an eye patch, walked with a cane, a long white beard and a mouse on his shoulder.

H.G. blinked owlishly at the description as she processed the information before looking up at Nevada. "Fifty pounds its this Isshin Matoi fellow we keep hearing about... still...does that description sound like anyone you know?" H.G. asked gripping Nevada's hands. "Think very hard and carefully.." she said

Nevada’s eyes narrowed, hands pulling out of Professor Wells’ and raising up. “First off? Personal bubble, you’re about to burst it. Second...I don’t know anyone by that description myself...however…” Now thinking, her eyes dropped onto the table, getting a little glassy while she tried to recall where she remembered such a man. “Uh… Let’s see… a man with a lab coat, stooped...wearing sandals, had an eye patch, a long white beard and a mouse on his shoulder...and had a cane?” Now rubbing a finger on her chin, she finally lifted her gaze up off the dining room table. “I do remember...seeing someone like him over for dinner, when I was just a kid...and...Mom has several pictures of him in her room, with her and Dad.”

Jikan Robu...Time Robe? Given by his creator, and he has a twin? I feel sorry for whoever bleeds on that uniform… Nevada thought, grimacing. “Mom was a scientist, back in the day...same as Dad. They used to work on stuff together...though what, I have no idea. I was too young to understand, and really...I wasn’t too interested in learning about any of it. Anyway… I do remember Dad and this...Matoi person, whispering together at times, jotting things down...like it was some big secret. No clue if Mom knew, but what I do know is that he stopped coming by when I was...four...five years old?” Flashes of needles, of grimaces, frustration and scowls came to mind, jolting Nevada into the past. Red, gold and navy blue laid on an old table, the two bent over and going over some notes. Nevada crept closer, curiosity making her reach out and touch the soft fabrics. “Daddy...What’s this?” she asked, not aware that she was doing something wrong. Both men gazed down at the four-year-old, shock crossing their faces.

“Nevada, don’t!” Her father cried, quickly pulling the girl away...but not before several gold strands wove around her finger. Frustration and worry giving way to curiosity, the two didn’t bother with the girl anymore, instead murmuring and bringing forth new ideas. Nevada shook her head, scowling at the strange memory. It was something she forgot a long time ago...and didn’t particularly care about remembering. Her fingers fell from her chin, only to land on bare skin. “What the- My stomach is showing still!” she realized, jaw dropping while the red blush returned.

H.G. gripped her chin in thought ignoring Nevada's embarrassment that her stomach was still on display. "Compared to what Jikan was just a few moments ago I would not worry to much about it." she said as her eyes returned to the uniform. "Still...for the entire day I have been in this city this Matoi guy has came up nearly a dozen times. Then the Autons attack inside that restaurant...that could not have been by chance." she said mostly to herself attempting to place the pieces of the puzzle together.

The professor's eyes then snapped back up to Nevada. "I suppose it is my turn then....unless you have anything else you wish to add to your story." she said to Jikan who remained silent. "Very well." H.G. said "Its time I explained myself then." she said rising from her seat and grasping Nevada's hand. "Come along it should have arrived by now." she said leading her down the hallway they originally came froma and towards the front door grasping the knob she looked at Nevada and Jikan. "Don't be prepared for what you are about to see...your mind is going to be blown regardless." She said turning the knob and opening the door where outside stood the Police box with both the sign and the windows illuminated in the night sky.

With a smile walking towards the police box H.G. turned towards her student. "I have a confession to make to you Nevada...I may sound like one but...I'm not British." she said raising her hand and with a snap of her fingers both doors drifted open with an audible creak to reveal the inside. Something was not right and that was for sure as soon as Nevada stepped inside she would find herself in a large room with wooden flooring, a study with furniture nearby to sit down in. Scattered all throughout the room were various clocks, paintings, more furniture and finally in the center of the room surrounded by four large steel pillars connected to a column in the center was a hexagonal control panel with a clear transparent cylinder with gears inside in the center leading up to top of the room. "Nevada Ash, Jikan Robu...welcome to the TARDIS a ship that can travel time and space itself." H.G. said with a big smile.

images

“Compared to what...this thing said, you wouldn’t worry about it? Don’t you think it’s a little strange that you've been hearing his name all day...and then we find an uniform claiming that he made it? Are you completely insane?" Nevada tried to ignore the fact that she was still revealing skin, no matter what she did, and leaned back in her chair with raised eyebrows. "Come on, now...I know you're smarter than that. This is no mere coincidence... There has to be a logical reason behind everything." Of course...what that logical reason would be, the girl had no idea...but she didn't really think things through, anyway. One knee went over the other...the skirt riding up her thighs, Noticing this, she quickly pulled it down enough to hide what she could.

Nevada met the professor's eyes, and tucked a few strands of curly hair behind an ear. What she didn't expect was for her hand to be snatched yet again...or being dragged out of her seat and led down the hallway. "Uh...yes, I agree, it's time you explained yourself...but why does it involve going outside? Shouldn't we be worrying about those weird men finding us?" Almost stumbling over herself, she looked up when they came to a stop at the front door. Her brows knit in obvious confusion, she gave a hesitant nod. "Okay...if you say so..." the girl murmured, unconsciously playing with the skirt between her fingers. It was an old habit, one she wasn't aware of at times. The night sky was a welcoming sight, but she was surprised by the sight of the police box. Her eyes clearly portraying her surprise, she studied it for a long moment and followed the older woman to the thing.

"Wait...you're not British? Then what the hell are you, an alien?" Nevada asked, before both doors drifted open with an audible creak with spectral hands. Something was just not right about it...that much she knew for certain. As soon as she stepped inside, there was a large room with wood floors, a study nearby...and scattered all throughout the room were clocks. Big clocks, little clocks, and paintings. In the center was a control panel with a clear transparent cylinger that had gears inside. "Nevada, Jikan Robu...welcome to the TARDIS, a ship that can travel time and space itself," H.G. said with a big smile. Her eyes wide, she seriously started questioning the professor's sanity...before she thought about everything that has happened thus far. Metal men attacked a restaurant, a perverted uniform with a thirst for blood has attached itself to her body, and she's questioning whether or not a ship can go through time? How silly. "Okay...so why are you here, then?" she asked, crossing her arms.

H.G. shrugged her shoulders. "I am mainly a wanderer." H.G. said shutting the doors to the TARDIS and taking off her duster coat and hanging it on the nearby coat rack next to the doors. "I explore as far as I can and see as much as possible." H.G. said "Sadly the curse my mentor had seems to have carried over. No matter where I go trouble always finds me or vice versa." she said moving to the console that was illuminated by a blue light overhead. "Sometimes...my people need my help. The Time Lords, a race from a planet far from this little rock. Keepers and protectors of all time itself." she said with a smile. "I was in the neighborhood when I caught wind of 'Lady Satsuki' and her army of a school and all the enhancement uniforms." she said before pushing several buttons on one of the panels on the console before moving over to another one.

"So I figured I would check it out." She said before pulling a lever down as one of the nearby screens began flicking through dozens of different faces. "Still..." she said looking at Nevada and Jikan. "That doesn't explain how you know I am a Time Lord...." She said pulling out her Sonic Screwdriver again and scanning the uniform up and down. "I didn't have a chance to give a more proper examination..." she said the green light reflecting off of the blue material of Jikan before finishing and holding up the shaft of the device where their was a screen on the exposed section of the screwdriver when extended. "Interesting..." she said. "You are like those Goku uniforms...but you are reading far higher energy levels."

"I am not sure how I know of who you are Time Lord. It was...the first thing that came to my mind seeing you. You and your...TARDIS...I cannot explain how I am aware of either of these things." Jikan. "I just know that I was meant to bond with someone whose blood would be able to release me from my sleep." he said his eyes looking up at Nevada. "It is you who I am to wear and to be worn by." he said.

Nevada listened quietly. To be honest, all of it sounded...well, fantastic. It would make a great science fiction story, if it wasn’t happening and all. Her fingertips tapping along the inside of her arm, she closed her eyes...just thinking it over. So my new teacher is a Time Lord...this perverted uniform is something like a Goku Uniform...and I’m currently having to hide my teacher at my house, seeing as how we were both being shot at. Great… Just… wonderful. Look what happens when I think I’m gonna have a normal day. One eye opening, the light reflected off the brown color, bringing out the golden specks that hid among the brown. “I think I understand what you’re saying...but that still doesn’t explain those...things that were shooting at us earlier. What were they? How do they fit into the picture?” she asked, making a gun out of one hand to indicate who she meant. The other arm remained slung across herself...as though hiding her bare midriff.

A lever was pulled, a nearby screen flicking through dozens of different faces. Nevada studied each individual face, her shoulders still a little tense from when Professor Wells came close with that screwdriver. While she knew that she didn’t mean any harm...or at least, thought so...it didn’t mean it wouldn’t hurt if she tried frying the uniform off. “I don’t know much about the Goku Uniforms...only that it gives students a massive ego, and some pretty impressive abilities. Gamagoori is really strong because of his...and I know that...um, I can’t remember her name, but she’s on the Student Council, too… She’s in charge of music, and damn.” Leaving it at that, she turned her attention back onto the teacher. A soft sigh escaped her.

However, before Nevada could say anything...the uniform spoke. Her eyes widened slightly, and pink started making its way across her cheeks right as the girl looked away from that golden gaze. “I have no idea what you’re talking about! All you were interested in was blood, right? That doesn’t mean that you were meant to bond with me, or anything like that! I was the first person who bled onto you!”

H.G. sighed recognizing the motion Nevada was making with her hand. "I know them, Autons...they plastic...men of living plastic. That is why they acted so robotic back in the restaurant and why their hands were capable of concealing a gun. What I don't understand is why they are here my only reasoning is that they were after Jikan as well or my head since I have caused them trouble in the past. The Autons are hive minded and are controlled by a single entity the Nestines Consciousness...which I have no idea where it is hiding." she said her head dropping a bit as she leaned against the console while Nevada spoke to her outfit.

"Not just any blood. I can tell you if Ms. Wells bled I may not have responded the way I did with you!" Jikan responded back. "I am certain you are the one meant to wear me! Do you really believe that our meeting was by accident?!" Jikan protested against Nevada brushing off what he had said earlier.

As this was happening the screen suddenly halted and beeped in confirmation showing a recent image of Isshin Matoi from six months ago. "Oh look at that." H.G. said looking up. "We have a facial match to this Matoi fellow which means.." H.G. said moving about the console quickly pushing several buttons and flicking a number of switches before the screen showed a map with a bright red dot not to far from where they were. "We have his address." H.G. said with a grin.

“Men of living plastic, damn…” Nevada shook her head, brown curls flying this way and that as she thought it over. While it did sound unbelievable...she saw the men -and how they concealed their guns- with her own two eyes. It was difficult to go against the saying, “seeing is believing”. A small frown pulling at the girl’s mouth, a thought occurred to her. “If they are after you...either that, or...this thing...just how far are they willing to go? Open fire in a sushi bar was pushing it, but if they come after us while at school, or in a public place… we can’t let innocent people get hurt in the process.” It just wouldn’t be right. Disturbed, a tad worried, and a mixture of other things she couldn’t put a name to, she looked down at Jikan with a scowl this time around.

A delicate brow lifted. “Of course I think our meeting was an accident, pervert. I’m about as meant to wear you as the next person. You reacted to blood, simple as that.” Now shrugging, Nevada pushed the matter out of her mind, and jolted slightly when she found herself face-to-face with the man who disappeared from her childhood as though he never existed.

“Okay, we have his address… What good will that do us?” Nevada asked, tilting her head while studying his picture. “I mean...we can go there, look around for some answers...but… I think those...Autons, or whatever you called them… wouldn’t they think of us going there? After all, he’s the one who made the uniform,” she pointed out, now leaning against a nearby chair. The bright red dot on the map really wasn’t all that far...in fact, she knew a few shortcuts on how to get there...question is, where were those plastic men?

"Actually..." H.G. said looking up from the console. "That is all the more reason why we should get there first..." she said moving towards another panel. "Until I can figure out where that blasted brain of theirs is hiding need to stay a step ahead of the little army men." H.G. said.

"Then we should leave for the Matoi residence at once" Jikan added. "How long do you suppose a trip there will take us Nevada?" the uniform asked his wearer as H.G. chuckled before pulling another lever down causing the entire TARDIS to rumble as the gears in the cylinder began to move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg8M-8BqTGs&feature=player_detailpage

"Approximately two minutes..." H.G. said as a wheezing sound was audible while the TARDIS gently shook like a car in motion. Nearly two minutes later did the sound and the rumble cease. Moving forward H.G. headed for the doors and opened them revealing the TARDIS was no longer in front of Nevada's home but now in front of a mansion that lied in ruins. "Oh dear oh dear..." H.G. said looking at the burnt wreck of a home.

"How did we....." Jikan said in shock and awe certain Nevada was mimicking the expression he would have had on the face he did not own. "It's the TARDIS's main form of travel. It dematerializes in one spot and materializes in another" H.G. said moving forward to the address. "Issin and Ryuko Matoi..." she said her eyes scanning the rubble for any signs of inhabitants.

Nevada let out a sigh, pushing away from the chair and looking up at the screen. “I suppose…” she murmured. “In other words, we’re digging our noses into business that we don’t belong in, while you look for the Consciousness controlling those men…” A hand lifted, the fingers playing with a few curly brown strands. After a minute or so of doing this, she brushed the entire mane behind her shoulder.

Ignoring Jikan, Nevada gasped and reached out to steady herself, eyes dancing around and looking for danger. Of course there was none to be found...but that didn’t really make her feel any better. “Two minutes? How-?” The question interrupted by a wheezing sound, she kept her eyes open, not feeling all that comfortable with...the ship moving like it was, especially with her standing.

Luckily the shaking didn’t last long at all. Muscles tense in every part of her body...not to mention her heart racing, Nevada released her white-knuckled grip on the console.

“You weren’t kidding…” the girl managed, her voice a little weak as she began heading for the doors. The first breath of fresh air was a soothing balm to her nerves, and while it didn’t relax her completely, it was enough. Her eyes took in the sight of a mansion laying in ruin, black soot painting the once-beautiful home in its morbid color. “I wonder what happened…” she thought out loud, her expression still one of shock even as she moved forward. Ivy was beginning to invade, despite the evidence of fire, the greedy vines taking root wherever they can.

Nevada reached the front entrance, and looked inside. There was absolutely nothing left after the fire, at least, nothing she could see. Her hands trailed over the walls, black smearing along her palms and fingers. “Do you know anything about this…? Did Isshin Matoi move, or something…? I mean, I’m sure he wants his uniform back…” she called out over her shoulder, only to turn around and face H.G. soon after.

"Not that I am aware of..." H.G. said as she looked around the perimeter only find nothing. Good the Autons were not here yet the models that attacked them in the restaurant were to simple and straight forward to try any elaborate attempts other than full frontal assault. "This was his last known address to I'm afraid. Which means he may have perished in the fire." she said pushing the remains of the door open releasing a cloud of soot in the process making the Time Lord cough slightly.

As this was happening however Jikan's gold eyes were narrowed slightly. "I would prefer if you called me by my name Jikan, Nevada." the sailor uniform stated. "You detested being called wearer before you even knew my name. Yet you are aware of mine." he said.

Ignoring the pair H.G. rolled her eyes as she pulled out her screwdriver and began to scan the area. "Come on Matoi....you seem like the fellow to still have a few more hidden surprises for us...." She said to herself.

“You mentioned another name… Ryuko Matoi? Do you know if she perished in the fire, too, or if she’s still alive?” Nevada wished that she had a jacket on, for the night was growing chilly, and every breeze sent goosebumps along her arms and legs. Almost trembling, she hugged herself and continued on, looking around to see if she can see any sign of life...besides the plant variety. There used to be many rooms, from what she could tell, but the walls had crumbled long ago, leaving plenty of space to the elements. Her eyes narrowed slightly when she heard what the uniform said. With a sigh, she began rubbing one of her temples as temper flared up inside her chest.

Nevada finally opened her eyes, and looked down at the golden pair below. “Look… You’re an uniform, one I never asked for, one I never put on...willingly. You’re not mine, period. This… Isshin Matoi person created you...and I think it’s only fair to return things to their rightful owner. You were never...created for me, or whatever. I’m just a normal girl, making due with what I got. Do you understand me?”

Her piece said, Nevada let out another sigh, this time running a hand through her hair and pushing the bangs out of her eyes. “Sorry… It’s been a long, weird day… but I don’t regret all what I said. I think it’s better if you’re with Isshin Matoi.” A shrug rolling through her shoulders, the girl ventured on, her feet kicking ash and dried leaves.

"Then you are going to be in for a bad surprise." H.G. shouted to draw Nevada over. Once Nevada approached the remains of what was once an office she would find H.G. crouched over a burnt skeleton she was scanning with her Screwdriver. Looking at the stalk she sighed before sliding the device back to its closed position. "If you want to give Jikan back to him here's your chance." she said motioning to the skeleton. "There's all that's left of Isshin Matoi himself." the Time Lord said "Since this is all that is left I can only assume that whatever caused the fire is what finished him off. More than likely he was murdered and someone used the fire to hide evidence....I haven't seen any other bodies so I can only assume the other resident Ryuko was not present during the incident." she said before noticing Nevada was shivering from the nightly breezes.

The next thing Nevada would feel would be the warm and soft feeling of H.G.'s duster coat being wrapped around her body. "Here you need this more right now than I do. I can handle a little bit of a chill." H.G. said with a kind smile on her face as the warmth she had displayed earlier towards the students returned. At that moment it would become clear as daylight that despite all the mysteries and the secrecy H.G. had displayed throughout the day kindness she displayed towards others was in fact real. "Not exactly your size but it should suffice." she said before taking a look back towards the skeleton and frowning. "Hold on.." she said crouching back down and gripping the remains and moving them to the side.

"Oh you are very clever aren't you." H.G. said setting the skeleton down to reveal a trapdoor. "Even till your dying breath you will protect your secrets..." she said activating her Screwdriver as a buzz was heard while she ran it over the seam of the trap door before an audible click was heard followed by latch disengaging leaving the trap door ajared. "Fantastic" H.G. said with a grin pulling the door open revealing darkness below. "Nevada stay here...we don't know what's down there it will be safer if just one of us goes." she said

Nevada drew near, keeping some distance between herself and the burnt skeleton. “That’s a shame…” she whispered, arms wrapped around her body still. “I wonder...who did it…” Of course, he could have had enemies she was only starting to list, or it could have been a personal grudge, but still… I’m not going to leave Ji- I mean… I’m not going to leave the uniform here with a skeleton…she decided. It just isn’t right. It may be just a uniform, but...it just doesn’t feel right. “At least Ryuko is still alive…” she pointed out, trying to see the silver lining in this depressing situation. “Maybe...she knows…?” No, highly unlikely… I mean, come on… My parents never told me what they were working on, back in the day… Her fingers rubbing along her biceps, she was surprised to find warmth falling over her shoulders...keeping the night chill off her skin. A little embarrassed now, she found herself flushing pink, and cleared her throat.

“Ah… Thanks. I appreciate it.” Nevada wasn’t used to such kindness, not from a complete stranger such as H.G. “I don’t care if it’s a little big or small… It keeps the wind off me, and that’s all that matters…” Little acts of kindness was always a big surprise to the girl… though why, she really had no idea. Maybe it was the fact that she was used to being ignored at home...or maybe it’s because she used to get into fights all the time while growing up. In either case, she was never sure whether to welcome it or not. After clearing her throat one more time, her gaze focused on the teacher when she crouched back down, moving the burnt skeleton to the side and revealing a trapdoor underneath. How cliche… she thought, smirking while adjusting the duster coat. Cliche, but clever…

The screwdriver buzzed to life, Professor...or rather, H.G. Wells ran it over the seam of the hidden door before an audible click was heard. A latch disengaged, leaving said door ajar. “Uh, yeah...I’ll stay here…” Nevada replied, more than willing to stay behind in this case. It was creepy, moving around a dead man’s mansion...and with the skeleton right there. Pulling her hair back out of her face, Nevada began walking back out through the front entrance, not sure what to think. What should I do with this...talking uniform now? she thought, frowning. Her feet shuffled through the dried, dead leaves, a rustling sound filling the air.

Back
Top Bottom