Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

RE: Quix's Writing Samples And Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

I don’t know…have you been one to experience being kneed in the face?

…I will try with every fiber in my being to not hate you for never having seen The Little Mermaid, just because you will hate me not for not liking any kind of football! –grumbles-

Does teaching me include spanks?
Why thank you ^^

Malicious Lullaby said:
I don’t know…have you been one to experience being kneed in the face?

…I will try with every fiber in my being to not hate you for never having seen The Little Mermaid, just because you will hate me not for not liking any kind of football! –grumbles-

Does teaching me include spanks?
Why thank you ^^

Once or twice, and it does kind of hurt, I guess!

That's a perfect compromise. (Now, if I only had the courage to mention that I haven't see The Lion King, either!)

Spanks are a given!

You guess? Jeez, do you have a face made of steel or something?!

WHAT?!!! You haven't--I think you've mentioned this but it just angers me even more the second time! WHY??!!!!!

Damn straight they better be!

Mr Quixotic said:
Once or twice, and it does kind of hurt, I guess!

That's a perfect compromise. (Now, if I only had the courage to mention that I haven't see The Lion King, either!)

Spanks are a given!

I initially came here to see said videos but I was temporarily blinded by this comment. Not seeing the Lion King is a federal offense and punishable by... bad things.

This is literally a spoiler, mind you.
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce3xJWe-x4A[/video]

I am probably twice that little girls age and I still react the same way. You have to watch it! And I triple dog dare you not to cry( :

Malicious Lullaby said:
You guess? Jeez, do you have a face made of steel or something?!

WHAT?!!! You haven't--I think you've mentioned this but it just angers me even more the second time! WHY??!!!!!

Damn straight they better be!

No, but you know what they say, "No brain, no pain."

I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I will. Kind of like my story responses, XD

Only if you're good.

Idahly Sorvino said:
I initially came here to see said videos but I was temporarily blinded by this comment. Not seeing the Lion King is a federal offense and punishable by... bad things.

This is literally a spoiler, mind you.
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce3xJWe-x4A[/video]

I am probably twice that little girls age and I still react the same way. You have to watch it! And I triple dog dare you not to cry( :

I know, I know. I mentioned it to a couple of girls at work one time, and they didn't speak to me for the rest of the day!

And that video's one of the reasons; I'm still scarred from watching Bambi, as a kid! Blame my parents.

I almost started crying just from watching that little girl cry.
Although, I think the first time I cried when I watched Lion King was when I was ten. I watched it when I was younger of course but it never registered that Mufasa died. I just thought he was still alive because Simba sees him when he gets older! I didn't understand. Then I watched it when I was ten and I blubbered and cried so hard, the same way I cried when I watched Titanic :[

So back on point, when you say 'kind of my like my story responses' is that your way of saying you will never get around to our role play?! I am hurt! I am...I am hurt! Hurt!

HURT! -major pout-

Malicious Lullaby said:
I almost started crying just from watching that little girl cry.
Although, I think the first time I cried when I watched Lion King was when I was ten. I watched it when I was younger of course but it never registered that Mufasa died. I just thought he was still alive because Simba sees him when he gets older! I didn't understand. Then I watched it when I was ten and I blubbered and cried so hard, the same way I cried when I watched Titanic :[

So back on point, when you say 'kind of my like my story responses' is that your way of saying you will never get around to our role play?! I am hurt! I am...I am hurt! Hurt!

HURT! -major pout-

Now I don't even need to watch it, because you just told me the whole plot, and the ending!

Titanic? I guess I should get around to watching that sometime, too. We should have a BMR movie night.

No, just referring to my inability to be as awesomely creative as you, and compose a thousand word reply within fifty-one minutes, XD

I did not! Besides, anyone can easily go on Wikipedia to find out what the plot is and know the ending...I did nothing!

Ooh we'll all be blubbering messes if we do that xP

Oh. :blush: Well don't you know how to charm the pants off of anyone!
And don't you forget it either. I know what I can do if you really anger me!

Malicious Lullaby said:
I did not! Besides, anyone can easily go on Wikipedia to find out what the plot is and know the ending...I did nothing!

Ooh we'll all be blubbering messes if we do that xP

Oh. :blush: Well don't you know how to charm the pants off of anyone!
And don't you forget it either. I know what I can do if you really anger me!

I only go on Wikipedia to find out about scary movies, so I can prepare myself for when to scream. Oh, no, sorry, that's not me, I was thinking of someone else!

Depends on what movies we watch! Isn't it funny how children's films are some of the saddest.

I try, did it work?
How could I ever forget? Though seeing you angry could be a fun experience.

Hey! That’s not very nice!

And some of the most fucked up as well xD

Slightly…
You best be careful. I might just come back around and respond to our role play since you so wonderfully responded.
Beautiful post by the way. I clapped my hands and smiled so big in glee!

Malicious Lullaby said:
Hey! That’s not very nice!

And some of the most fucked up as well xD

Slightly…
You best be careful. I might just come back around and respond to our role play since you so wonderfully responded.
Beautiful post by the way. I clapped my hands and smiled so big in glee!

Sorry, didn't realise I wrote that out loud. I was referring to somebody else, xD

Just like Fairy-Tales. Hansel and Gretel has always been my favourite.

Good!
I'll be careful; you wouldn't want to stress my poor, little brain now would you?
Aww thanks, hearing that you liked it makes me smile big.

Oh. Really? >.<

Mhmm. Same. I love the Grimm version of the fairytales better, one of the reasons I liked Into the Woods so much because it gave a more realistic take on the endings. And why I did enjoy the erotic Sleeping Beauty Trilogy before it just became redundant, unfortunately :/ And if you read about the original story of The Hunchback of Notre Dame written by Victor Hugo, Disney really turned that one into a happier ending because in his book, SO NOT HAPPY.

But only slightly! Don’t let it go to your head(s)! xP
I’m thinking about it…
Oh no, I love it more than like. I was so not expecting what you had Hawthorne do. I knew you said that you’d probably end the game in your post but I certainly didn’t imagine it like that.

What do you mean you've never seen one of the best movies ever???

Qqe7gdmH3U1c4.gif

Malicious Lullaby said:
Oh. Really? >.<

Mhmm. Same. I love the Grimm version of the fairytales better, one of the reasons I liked Into the Woods so much because it gave a more realistic take on the endings. And why I did enjoy the erotic Sleeping Beauty Trilogy before it just became redundant, unfortunately :/ And if you read about the original story of The Hunchback of Notre Dame written by Victor Hugo, Disney really turned that one into a happier ending because in his book, SO NOT HAPPY.

But only slightly! Don’t let it go to your head(s)! xP
I’m thinking about it…
Oh no, I love it more than like. I was so not expecting what you had Hawthorne do. I knew you said that you’d probably end the game in your post but I certainly didn’t imagine it like that.

Yep, honest truth, xD

I've read the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy; mostly because they were written by Anne Rice, under another name, and I loved the first few books of the Vampire Chronicle's series. Sleeping Beauty wasn't bad, but did become a little repetitive. I've never actually read The Hunchback of Notre Dame, but of course, know the story!

Only the one I think with.
Take your time.
I wasn't sure what I was going to have him do, myself, but that seemed appropriate, xd

Silvamoon said:
What do you mean you've never seen one of the best movies ever???

Qqe7gdmH3U1c4.gif

Now, Silv, how did I just know I was going to to receive a comment from you. Probably because it's a Disney movie :)

I'm certain my nephews have it on DVD. I'll steal it next time I visit. Or use them as an excuse to watch, though they've probably already seen it a thousand times.

Random ramblings on a Saturday morning

I miss one of my partners, who I won't name, for privacy, but I'm certain many will know who I'm talking about, who I haven't seen online for a month.

Not only for the barely started story we had going, but for her intelligence, and acerbic wit. I still recall our first ever conversation which; as can tend to happen with me, it started with a difference of opinion, and she basically ripped me a new one in her humourous and good-natured fashion. That's when I thought, "Damn, I need to write with her", but our preferences were so far apart.

It took about six months of back and forth to come up with something that suited both of us, and in the end we found we actually had a lot in common; that it was the journey both of our characters underwent that we were most interested in, and I was looking forward to seeing how it all played out.

Mostly hoping all is good with her, real-life wise, and that she'll return at some stage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just about to be hit with the biggest cold-front here in thirty-years, or so. Maximum temperatures for the next few days of around 40 degrees (yes, I converted to Farenheit!), and tomorrow brings a 50% chance of sleet and snow.

Now, those of you from colder climes may be thinking "So bloody what", but we don't often receive snow where I am, particularly that settles on the ground, and I'm actually looking forward to it. I want snow!!!

Random ramblings on a Saturday morning

I miss one of my partners; who I won't name, for privacy, but am sure many will know whom I speak of; who I haven't seen online for a month.

Not only for the barely-started story we had going, but for her intelligence, and acerbic wit. I still recall our first ever conversation which, as can tend to happen with me, started off as a difference of opinion, where she basically ripped me a new one in her humorous and good-natured fashion. That's when I thought, "Damn, I need to write with her", but our preferences were so far apart.

It took us about six months of back and forth to come up with something that suited both of us, and in the end we found we actually had a lot in common, in that it was the journey each of our characters underwent that we were both mostly interested in, and I was keen to see how it all played out.

Mostly hoping all is good with her, real-life wise, and that she'll return at some stage

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Just about to be hit with the biggest cold-front here for thirty years or so, with maximum temperatures of 40 degrees (yes, I converted to Farenheit!), over the next few days, and a 50 percent chance of sleet and snow tomorrow. Now, those of you from colder climes may be thinking, "So bloody what", but we don't often get snow here, particularly that settles on the ground, and I'm looking forward to it. I want snow!

So do I! I want snow right now! It was around 98 here today. For the next five days, it looks like it's going to be in the 90s as well. So yes. I want snow and 40 degree temperatures.

I'll send you some if we get any. I much prefer the Winter cold over the Summer heat. I think it's easier to stay warm, than it is to keep cool!

No snow on the weekend, well not any that fell from the sky, but Snow White has returned from hiatus, and that's even better:

And, for an awesome post worth waiting for, and teaching me the word, uhtceare - which apparently means, "to be awake before dawn, and worrying" - as promised, here are some more words and phrases that I believe we should have in English, but don't:

Kummerspeck
Excess weight gained due to emotional overeating

Espirit d’escalier
Thinking of a witty comeback when it’s too late

Backpfeifengesicht
A face that wants to be punched

Shlimazl
Someone who experiences relentless bad luck

Tatemae and Honne
What you pretend to think, and what you actually think

Desenrascanco
The improvisation of a haphazard but effective solution or plan at the last minute (something I'm an expert at!)

Tartle
The moment of panic when you are introducing someone and realise you’ve forgotten their name

Gigil

The overwhelming urge to squeeze or pinch something that is very cute

Tsundoku
The act of leaving a book unread after buying it

So tired today that I was contemplating taking the day off to catch up on some sleep. Lucky (or unlucky) that I didn't, as Internal Auditors from the Head Office of the Company which licences the Franchise I work for, showed up unannounced.

I frigging hate auditors; first off they ask for paperwork which I can't remember where I've filed, then, when it's eventually found, go through it with a fine toothcomb searching for the tiniest errors, and there's always that sense of nervous anticipation until they're done.

The irony is that they never seem to find the fuck-ups that you know you've made (but don't tell them about).

No bad news so far; keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My brain has a habit of making random connections, and word Shlimazl, in the previous post, brought to mind a childhood friend of my brother's, named Rodney, and a litany of unfortunate events which befell him in just over a year. No embellishment needed:

- Playing backyard cricket with our family, Dad bowled a tennis ball which hit Rodney in the thigh. Two seconds later, he started screaming and Dad was telling him it couldn't have hurt that much, until we realised that the friction of the ball hitting his jeans had caused the loose matches in his pocket to ignite.

- We were burying a family pet in our yard, when Rodney leaned over to see how deep the hole was. Shortly after, he was carted off to receive stitches from where a shovel had hit him in the forehead.

- In a local park with my brother, an older kid threw a tree branch directed at my sibling. He ducked just in time for it to hit Rodney, who stood behind him, smack in the head. More stitches

- His family lived next to a railroad track. Rodney awoke one morning to find the decapitated body of a woman who'd been struck by a train, and thrown over their back fence

- For some reason - maybe they just didn't like him - his parents brought him a minibike for his birthday. On the very first day, he ended up in Hospital. More stitches, and broken bones, I think.

- On receiving the call that his son was in Hospital, his Father hurriedly reversed his car out of the driveway; running over and killing Rodney's beloved pet dog in the process.

We moved town shortly afterwards, but I still sometimes wonder where he is now.

Can't feel too sorry for him, though, as he was the one with my brother whey they rode directly at me on their bikes from opposite directions, with such pace and intent that I had to dive over our front fence, into the garden, to escape injury. My mother then spent the next hour or two removing every last rose thorn from my body.

That's funny about Rodney. And Shlimazl does have a word in English. It's even a trope. Those people are called "jinxes", as exemplified in the 1991 comedy, Pure Luck, starring Martin Short as Eugene Proctor. Funnily enough, I always suspected, after seeing that movie as a child and then growing up with one of my favorite Nickelodeon tv shows, Hey Arnold!, that there was a connection between Martin Short's character in that movie and Eugene in the cartoon, who also had bad luck and red hair.

Rudolph Quin said:
That's funny about Rodney. And Shlimazl does have a word in English. It's even a trope. Those people are called "jinxes", as exemplified in the 1991 comedy, Pure Luck, starring Martin Short as Eugene Proctor. Funnily enough, I always suspected, after seeing that movie as a child and then growing up with one of my favorite Nickelodeon tv shows, Hey Arnold!, that there was a connection between Martin Short's character in that movie and Eugene in the cartoon, who also had bad luck and red hair.

I'm sure there's a couple of other stories about him too, but can't recall them. I didn't associate it with Jinx, but now that you've mentioned it, it's appropriate. I haven't seen the movie, but I know the cartoon.

Funnily enough, in my first story with Mali, the shortened name of her character, who'd experienced a run of bad luck, was Jinx.

Mr Quixotic said:
I'm sure there's a couple of other stories about him too, but can't recall them. I didn't associate it with Jinx, but now that you've mentioned it, it's appropriate. I haven't seen the movie, but I know the cartoon.

Funnily enough, in my first story with Mail, the shortened name of her character, who'd experienced a run of bad luck, was Jinx.

Mail? You lost me just a little, Quix. ^^; But yeah, I linked you to the TV tropes page for "the jinx" which is just someone with a perpetual string of bad luck, either they cause it around them or bad stuff just keeps happening to them. Your stories of Rodney reminded me of that movie Pure Luck, because literally, it's so bizarre how not only this guy's choices, ignorant of bad things continuously happening to him(like, he doesn't see the pattern of it) but also how these things happen to him like a magnet, as in with your Rodney story, with the tree branch missing the one kid only to hit the perpetual target that is on Rodney(or, sillily enough, seems to be there; like, "Of COURSE, it fuckin' hit Rodney"). :D

When Martin Short's character is introduced, his boss is talking with Danny Glover about this guy being extremely unlucky and to prove the point, he cuts/yanks off the leg of one of the office chairs, one of a dozen, around the meeting table. Then he puts it back so it is unnoticeable until weight is applied and someone sits in the chair. They welcome Eugene into the empty office room to talk with him and they invite him to take a seat and "sit anywhere you like." Eugene looks for a moment at all the seats and fucking walks over, oblivious and just like a puppy, excited to be there, and sits in the goddamned broken chair, falling over in it because of the broken leg. It's definitely worth the watch and full of '80's style humor and just all around fun.

Rudolph Quin said:
Mr Quixotic said:

Funnily enough, in my first story with Mail, the shortened name of her character, who'd experienced a run of bad luck, was Jinx.

Mail? You lost me just a little, Quix. ^^; But yeah, I linked you to the TV tropes page for "the jinx" which is just someone with a perpetual string of bad luck, either they cause it around them or bad stuff just keeps happening to them. Your stories of Rodney reminded me of that movie Pure Luck, because literally, it's so bizarre how not only this guy's choices, ignorant of bad things continuously happening to him(like, he doesn't see the pattern of it) but also how these things happen to him like a magnet, as in with your Rodney story, with the tree branch missing the one kid only to hit the perpetual target that is on Rodney(or, sillily enough, seems to be there; like, "Of COURSE, it fuckin' hit Rodney"). :D

When Martin Short's character is introduced, his boss is talking with Danny Glover about this guy being extremely unlucky and to prove the point, he cuts/yanks off the leg of one of the office chairs, one of a dozen, around the meeting table. Then he puts it back so it is unnoticeable until weight is applied and someone sits in the chair. They welcome Eugene into the empty office room to talk with him and they invite him to take a seat and "sit anywhere you like." Eugene looks for a moment at all the seats and fucking walks over, oblivious and just like a puppy, excited to be there, and sits in the goddamned broken chair, falling over in it because of the broken leg. It's definitely worth the watch and full of '80's style humor and just all around fun.

As usual, I made an edit to my post. Of course, I mean the amazing Malicious Lullaby (Mali), who was the first person I ever wrote a collaborative story to completion with.

That's it, exactly. It was like he was never the target of any of the bad things which happened to him; they just did. I also find it kind of appropriate that his surname was (is?) Dare. The link came up with an error, but it looks as if it's something to do with the security settings on our server here, so I'll have another try at home.

I know what you mean with the '80's' style humour. I don't often watch movies (if they don't grab me in the first five minutes, I get distracted, or switch off, and need to be in the exact right mood for a certain genre/film), but when I do it tends to be older ones, and it seems to be my type of humour, so I'll add it to my list. Saying that, I've still around twenty I've downloaded, but haven't gotten around to watching.

Mr Quixotic said:
As usual, I made an edit to my post. Of course, I mean the amazing Malicious Lullaby (Mali), who was the first person I ever wrote a collaborative story to completion with.

That's it, exactly. It was like he was never the target of any of the bad things which happened to him; they just did. I also find it kind of appropriate that his surname was (is?) Dare. The link came up with an error, but it looks as if it's something to do with the security settings on our server here, so I'll have another try at home.

I know what you mean with the '80's' style humour. I don't often watch movies (if they don't grab me in the first five minutes, I get distracted, or switch off, or need to be in the exact right mood for a certain genre), but when I do it tends to be older ones, and it seems to be my type of humour, so I'll add it to my list. Saying that, I've still around twenty I've downloaded, but 'haven't gotten around to watching'.

Sorry. I'm a quick draw. :D Now seeing that, I know exactly who you're talking about but the switch in letters of her nick confused me.

I love '80's movies, particularly from 1985-1993, they tend to have a camp and hot shot coolness that doesn't take itself too seriously. Like, even with all the ridiculous styles and slang, it was cool just from the boldness of it; Looking back, it feels almost innocent and yet older than our modern age, at the same time. Like they straddled the fence between knowing better and yet so confident as to almost be rash and immature. I love it.

Tell me about it. I've still gotta get onto Romper Stompers ever since heartless told me about it(skinhead Russell Crowe? yes please. perfect example of my favored aggressive male archetype).

Back
Top Bottom