Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Stray Werewolf (open for anyone :) )

"which one of us took forever to get up? and you are calling me old " He followed her out he flexed his claws lengthening and shortening them when he caught up with her he lightly drug one claw down her back slicing her shirt in half and smiled brightly at her saying "why do you hide something as lovely as your tail?"

"hey now i am up. and i put it away so you cant pull it... but you really think it lovely?" she would allow it to grow out her back and wag from side to side from the happiness she felt. she tossed the shirt at him and grabbed her clothes to put on for hunting. you going to have to sew that now she said with a pout. the shirt was his button down shirt foe sleeping.

"yes I do... and good it will be my first attempt" he dressed in black long sleeve shirt and pants leaving off his shoes and gloves then said "are you ready to go?"

joanna giggled and nodded before following him out. she wore her shoes with pants and a shirt with her jacket on it. she left her gloves in her pocket. "yeah.. i am ready. i cant wait to catch my first deer.." she was nervous and excited in one.

"don't be discouraged if you miss on your first try it took me a couple of tries at first"

He led her through the forest for a while til they reached a clearing. he stopped just before breaking the tree line and knelt down pulling Joanna down with him in the clearing there were 15 to 20 deer, five of which being bucks, turning to her he said "only go for the ones with horns they are the males, the females are most likely pregnant. on the count of three we jump as far as we can aiming for a buck then we sink our claws into either side of its neck hitting its jugular or we thrust them in right behind the skull severing the brain stem either way the animal dies relatively painlessly and before it even knows what the hell is going on"

She followed him quietly thinking about thing and how nervous she was about hunting.

Joanna nodded. not sure if she could really take a buck on cause she was afraid of the horns. she looked around spotting a young buck and pointed him out. "i will go for that one...." she allowed her claws to grow to their full length and waited for his signal.

max stretched one last time before growing out his claws then picked the one of the larger bucks and said "okay on three... one... two... three."

launching himself at his buck he landed on its shoulders and severed its brainstem, quickly jumping to another buck and piercing its jugular, he looked towards Joanna to see how she did

Joanna launched on three at her young buck, she would stumble a little not clawing the jugular right on the first ty, but cutting the vocals was a good thing. She woud remember max telling her the brain stem and reach up using her claw and sliceing into the buck neck rather quickly putting it out if it pain and misery. Sitting down beside her buck to just stare at the dead lifeless young buck.

Max walked over carrying his bucks and dropping them beside Joanna's then sat down beside her and looked her buck over saying "a little messy but a good first try... how are you feeling?"

Joanna sighed and looked at him, she had a new cut on her face from the antler of the young buck. I'm fine.. I tried to not be so messy.. do you think suffered too much?

"no, a quick tear then nothing. come on lets get these home we need to skin and dress these before the meat gets tainted" Max stood and helped Joanna up then picked up his deer slinging one over his shoulder and started back stopping at the edge of the clear to make sure Jo was following

Joanna was following, with the dead weight of the buck. After a good five long minutes of struggling she manage to get her buck in tow. Catching up with max she just smiled and admired his two huge buck's. you got two? Wow we won't need to hunt for a week or two now right... This cold is keeping most animals in..."

She would stay behind him keeping up.

"we can use as many as we can catch. it doesn't start thawing here til around april. after I show you how to clean them I'm going to go back and see if I can catch another"

when they got closer to the cave Max stopped at a tree about fifty yards from it and set down his deer, then hardening his claws he started digging a hole roughly five feet deep. When he was done he went to the cave and brought out a knife and a tanned leather strip with a hoop on one end and a handle on the other. picking up the larger of his deer he wedged its head into a low hanging fork then held up the leather strip and said "this is called a strop. its used to keep the knife sharp, use it before you start cutting into any of the other deer, it'll make it easier and reduce the chance of accidentally slicing yourself" he then hooked the hoop end to a short branch on the tree and showed Jo how to hold the strop, tight and away from the tree, and draw the blade across the strop to keep it sharp, keeping the edge layin across the leather and rubbing the blade up and down it. Once he had shown her that, he started cutting into the deer going slowly so Joanna could follow. soon he had the deer fully disassembled the meat in one pile and the hide in another, he also kept the antlers, heart, and liver throwing the rest of the innards and bones into the hole then he turned to her and asked "think you can do that?"

Joanna listened and watched him. Taking in all mental notes she nodded. "yeah.. i think i can.." She would have struggles with it but she would and could do it alone. "what do we do with the meats and extra's you kept?" she asked looking at the pile of meat he had carved up.

"most of the meat will be smoked and dried but heart and liver are best when they are fresh, full of vitamin and minerals, the hide we can use to make waterskin or bags or even more bedding, the antlers I thought I'd carve into things. I'm going to see if I can catch another" Max concentrated and Shifted taking his clothes with him so the weren't torn off. then loped off quickly down the path they had made.

When he got to the clearing the deer were still there, He spotted and quickly took down the smaller of the two remaining bucks leaving the largest to continue breeding then dug a shallow hole and buried it so he could pick it up on his way back then tore off towards the city Shifting back when he got within half a mile. Inside the city he made a bee line for the shopping district looking for something to get Joanna but he couldn't think of anything, he had given anyone a gift in over a hundred years, so he paced up and down racking his brain trying to think of something

Joanna watched him go back hunting and huffed. she wanted to go too but figured she would only slow him down. She went back to skinning the deer like he showed her. Doing everything like he showed her she finished his 2nd deer then started on her buck. having some trouble with the strop she manage to finally get it after a good ten mins... she would begin the messy work.

After nearly half an hour of pacing a memory struck Max like a physical blow "her journal, she said something about needing a new one... or four" realizing it was to early to try anything as blatant as stealing he decided to use one of the other skills he picked up from his previous forays into the city. He started stumbling down the street bumping into people and, using his inhuman speed, pick their pockets. going for the ones who appeared like they could spare a few dollars to the "less fortunate" he soon had close to a thousand dollars.

Entering the first department store he saw he picked up a new back pack and a bunch of journals. after paying for then he went to the clothing district having remembered about the dress she mentioned two days earlier, and spent most of the remaining money on it and gift wrapping. He loaded all the stuff into the back pack he headed back towards the edge of town dropping what money he had left, roughly 300 dollars, into a beggers cup, much to the beggers obvious suprise.

Joanna continued on her work til she was completely done carving the deer. She separated everything like shown then stepped back looking at her work in amazed. feeling a cold breeze she looked up seeing it was a few good hours from dark and figured he would be gone a hour more, she went into the cave finding a hand ax and hand saw then headed out taking a not used path to search for a small tree to chop down for the cave.

at the edge of the city he started running Shifting when he got to the forest, quickly retracing his steps to the buried deer and dug it up and quickly bringing it back to the tree outside the cave. noticing that Jo wasn't by it he left the deer, went into the cave and hid the backpack in the medicine room figuring she would avoid it, then followed her tracks

Joanna had found a tree a little taller then her that would fit just right. It was not fat and not too small. full of branches to hang stuff on. She had already chopped it down and was working on getting it roped up for dragging back. she stopped hearing someone coming her way but when she took a wiff of the scent she knew it was max. "uh.. hi.. sorry i wanted to surprise you.."

Max smiled and took a step back up the path a bit "I could head back and forget I saw anything? or would like some help?" then walked over to her and scooped her into his arms and squeezed gently and twirled her around

"i think that would be pointless to leave...." giggling when he scooped her up and twirling. blinking at how he was squeezing her.. "is everything ok? did something bad happen? your odd.." it was odd to her that he was giving her attention like this. "oh we need to find something to decorate the tree with.."

"I'm always a bit more playful after a hunt it gets my blood going smiling he added "we could decorate with the skulls of our enemies... wait? no that's not right we can't do that... we could use some of the berries I have" grabbing the rope from Jo he started pulling the tree down the path as he walked with her

Joanna laughed and hugged his neck with her arms. " oh really now? did you get anything? and no that we cant do.. berries sounds good.. but we need more.. then just berries.." she watched as they walked back.

"more than I expected I think I have some bright colored clothes somewhere that we could tear into strips" upon reaching the cave Max helped Joanna prop up the tree then went outside and quickly disassembled the deer and buried the hearts and livers for tomorrow then brought the meat and hides inside

Back
Top Bottom