Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Stray Werewolf (open for anyone :) )

"we could, but then we might miss the deer that pass through tomorrow" Max rubbed Joanna's back gently then swam to the other side of the spring and climbed out and shook himself violently and started down the tunnel

Max quickly built a fire in the main room and started making the stew that had been his diet for the past week. He was ready for some fresh meat he could almost smell it searing but then shook the thought from his mind and went back to the stew

Deciding to follow him she wobbled around on her numb jelly feeling legs and grabbed all the dirty clothes they had on along the way. She would put them in a pile for washing. her body was still sore and her neck was aching. the bite marks was visible along side her neck. but she didn't care...

Finding the packs she would walk over and grab them bringing them over to the sitting area. she opened the one she had been carrying and starting pulling out the clothes folding them up before picking out a night outfit she had grabbed at the store they broken into. "Where do you want me to put the clothes and stuff at.. Oh.. i hope we do catch a deer.. it sounds really good.. and i haven't had one in a lone time.."

Max smiled and said "what do you think we've been eating all this time? and down the left branch of the of the spring tunnel where you got those pajamas on the first night" noticing the mark on her neck he stood and walked down the right tunnel passing the food storage room and entering the second room grabbing a poultice he made and brought it back out and handed it to her "here this is good for small wounds and abrasions. It will help with the pain and heal it quicker"

Joanna shrugged to his question then nodded as she folded up more clothes placing them on the table to get ready to put up. " Okay.. did you want your pants?"

She took the poultice, scooping a little with her fingers she rubbed it on her neck. "you sure the deer will even be around in the morning? how long do you think it will snow?"

Looking down Max realized he was still naked he nodded and held out his hand "I suppose... and they have come close to here for a couple days every month like clockwork every winter"

He stirred the stew as it boiled and came closer to being finished adding the herbs filling the cave with wonderous smells

Joanna would grab him a pair of sleep pants in his size she grabbed from the city and tossed them to his hand. She would be dressed in the pj's she worn the night before. once the poultice was on her neck she grabbed the extra clothes they stolen and headed down the middle hall down to the clothes area to put them away.

Getting back she smiled smelling the wonderful smell of the stew cooking. "you will have to teach me to cook, but we will have to figure out something more then stew.. hey.. i know.. maybe we can find a spot in the woods to grow a garden when spring comes.."

Smiling Max said "it's possible but I thought we were leaving in the spring? I usually just gather wild fruits and herbs from the forest. Alot of my cooking skills came from trial and error, I can gaurantee you the food I first made was barely edible and I can cook more than stew its just the easiest way to prepare the dried meat"

when the soup was done he poured to bowls and handed one to Joanna then quickly devoured his before pouring himself another bowl. The running he had done on top of their washroom fun had left him famished, and he was soon eating a third bowl

"Well we still can.. i just figured since we.. are mates we would stay.. but you know maybe we should travel.. it will be good for us to learn things.. we can always come back here.." she watched him devouring the food and giggled. she couldnt believe he ate so much but figured he did cause of all the work he put into everything that day.

on her second bowl she looked up to him. "are you going to join me tonight or sleep out here..?"

"I suppose Remus and Romulus could stand to be out here by themselves. And of course we'll come back, I just got the cave how I like it"

After finishing his fourth bowl Max was finally sated, he relaxed against the cave wall and smiled, then noticing that the herbs he had picked while Joanna had slept the first night were still hanging he started cutting them down and brought them to the food storage area to sort and store for ease of retrieval

Joanna nodded. she watched him cut the herbs down and leave to the storage area she sighed and made herself a third bowl. she also grabbed her book and started writing in it about the past day.

Before coming back Max grabbed a sprig of mint for himself thought for a moment then grabbed Joanna one then returned to the main room. When he saw her writing he said smiling "what are you writing about? and handed her the mint sprig then started chewing his own

Joanna finished writing her sentence then closed her book. "oh not much.. just what you taught me about stealing from the city.. a few other things.. not important.." she took the sprig from him with a smile. "is this that sleeping thing you gave me last night? "

No, just some mint... I doubt either of us will have trouble falling asleep tonight. A few other things, huh? Anything interesting?" Sitting down beside her, Max leaned and gently bumped Joanna with his shoulder

joanna looked at him clinching the book in her arms. "no.. nothing interesting that you dont already know.." she leaned back to bump him almost the same way he did her.

"There are always things you don't know even if you experience it first had, like what the other person thought." Max smiled and put an arm around Joanna and squeezed her gently.

when the fire died down to just coals he stood and brushed off his pants then offered a hand to her and asked "ready for bed?"

Joanna reached up and took his hand "yeah.. i suppose.." standing up she moved to put her book on a little shelf he had made into the cave wall and turned back taking his hand to allow him to lead the way. She also grabbed the furs they had taken with them so they could them to keep warm, surely it was still storming outside. "i honestly don't think i want to sleep.."

"if not sleep, then what do you want?" he squeezed her hand gently as he took it and led the way down the tunnel and held open the curtain and ushered her in first before entering himself

"I dont know.. maybe we can talk and snuggle.. We have to keep warm some how.." She walked in first looking around in the mini dark room. the only light really was from the little air ventilation system / window it was a little chilly in the room. she finally put the mint Sprig into her mouth and started setting up the bedding so it was room for two instead of just one.

Max smiled and said "not even here a week and already you're rearranging my stuff" he then laid down grabbed her arm and pulled her down next to him wrapping an arm around her and adding "I'm okay with snuggling and talking but this room heats up rather quickly with just body heat and stays comfortably warm. but now what did you have in mind?"

joanna looked at him with a giggle before nipping his neck. "i am not rearranging stuff.. would you rather i sleep on the floor?.. i was just making the bedding bigger.." she would snuggle up in his arm. "what kind of rules do you have for me since i am going to be living here.."

Max thought for a moment then said "not so much rules as information to help keep you alive. When I tell you something about hunting or the plants, listen. About the third hallway, the first room is where I keep all the food and herbs I pick up, the second also has plants and berries in there but DO NOT eat anything out of there 90% of the material in there is very poisonous but also has medicinal value, and the third door is where I keep all the dishes and packs and stuff" He pulled her closer and nipped her neck back gently avoiding the mark he left

Joanna smiled. "i will try to remember that....what about the water from the spring.. do we use it for more then just bathing and relaxing? we have clothes we need to wash tomorrow.." Joanna had a clean freak side to her but with the werewolf side she was not too picky about the cleanness.

Max did his best to adopt a blankly confused face and said "washing clothes?"

he held the face as long as he could but still broke into a large smile and said "yes the hot springs can be used to wash clothes, there is also a river nearby where we can get water for drinking from, we could wash the clothes there too"

Joanna tilted her head at his face. she though he really didnt know what it was. "yeah....Okay that works.... we dont want to be stinky all winter.. also we should wash out the bowls we been using.. " she laid her head back down on his shoulder/arm and nuzzled his collarbone. "do you think those men went back to the city?

"they would have had to our friend without the horse needed a rather serious change of clothes... The bowls are best washed in the river. And I don't know, you had a rather appealing aroma not to long ago, before we got back in the spring" Max nuzzled Joanna back and squeezed her gently nipping her nose

Back
Top Bottom