Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Any other magic the gathering players here?

for me and Zen is it first tomorrow at 10am our time it starts, the pre-release i mean

Wooh!
I got awesome cards!
Sarkhan the mad, two eldrazi monsters, the green invoker creature and other fun stuff at the pre-release! x3

I got a horrible, horrible set for the pre-release. Only one Eldrazi. Most of my good power cards were in colors that I barely got any in at all. About 70% of my card pool? Blue and white. I think I had the only deck in the pre-release I was at with no Spawn Counter productions, did not use my Eldrazi, and my rares were not splashy and powerful. Didn't get a single Mythic either. About the most impressive card I got at rare was my Training Grounds, well that and Keening Stone. Decked my opponent four times with that.

... Yeah, I did pretty poorly, won my first two matches, lost four in a row. (3-3 did get a prize so I ended up going to the end to see if I could do it).

I will say that set is really, really, really strange to play sealed from waht I've seen. There's a lot of defensive cards and abilities. The removal is pretty weak, hard to get anything that does more than 2 damage to a creature, did not see any outright Kill cards in the set. Annihilator on the Eldrazi was the only removal I really saw get used effectively. Seems a large number of the creatures in the set have a higher toughness than power as well.

All night I think I only saw about 3 games that finished with more than 5 minutes left in the round. Huge number of games that went right to the end and the last three turns.

Upcoming draft tournament at the store in two weeks... I imagine it'll be a very strange thing to do. You just can't really get a good, quick aggro deck like I usually want in Draft/Sealed. YOu can't really get control either. Just too many damned stalemates where you're looking at your 3/10s against the other guy's 4/8s and the 8/8 Eldrazi standing off against a bunch of 6/16s ready to block it.

That is why im happy that i got Sarkhan the mad, it can give me 3 5/5 dragons with flying, i didn't really see any cards with flying in the boosters i got, so i don't think there are that many creatures with flying

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of evasion or other combat abilities at Common. I mean I went blue/white, the two biggest flying colors, and I only ended up with two flying creatures, the only two I got in my cards. They were the Dawnglare Invoker (2/1 flyer for 2W with 8: Tall all creatures target player controls) and Skywatcher Adept, one blue for a 1/1 Merfolk Wizard that levels up for 3 to a 2/2 flyer or a 4/2. Only other evasion bit I got was a Sorcery, Distortion Strike, a simple +1/+0 and Unblockable to a creature.

Oddly useful card for me in my deck: "Near-Death Experience". 2WWW enchantment, if during my upkeep I have exactly 1 life, I win the game. I never outright WON a game because of it. But I stalled out players because they knew if I blocked the right way I'd have that 1 life and win, giving me time to turn it around.

My draft pull sucked as well, got no colorless eldrazi, didn't use any spawn tokens. Made a blue/white/black deck, after two losses switched out black for red to go 2 and 2.

And when i got my student of warfare to its final level and distortion strike? game. I rocked creature destruction with smites.

I got one copy of Smite myself. Sadly everytime I've had it in hand, it was an Eldrazi attacking me. And everytime I used it, they had that colorless eldrazi counter spell.

I didn't get any of the "Good" heroes I saw though. I didn't get Student of Warfare or Hada Spy Patrol, I got Ikiral Outriders, three of them. Oh, and Kabira Vindicator. Only other Hero I got was the Null Champion in black.

Interesting thing? I also got three copies of the Soul Warden reprint, Soul's Attendant. My packs were seriously stacked white/blue... I am hoping it's just a fluke and the Release Day tournament doesn't end up with me getting another color stacked situation like that.

Hopefully not x3

But i agree, i got an awful lot of blue/ white creatures, one of the blue creatures however was Surrakar Spellblade

And i got the white enchantment card 'Near Death experience' which will go very good with my fortune thieves x3

will not say i got any good cards either, only draw one eldrazi creature, the 8/8 annihilate 2, shall attack every turn if able, only few cards i could use was Rapaciouse One and Distortion Strike

The rares/mythic i draw was:
Rage Nimbus
Devastating Summons
Kazandu Tuskcaller
Deathless Angel
Mortician Beetle
and All is Dust

nothing i really can use though

Mine was:
Kor Spiritdancer
Sarkhan the mad
Near-Death Experience
Eldrazi Conscription
Surrakar Spellblade
Sphinx-Bone Wand

I can use 3 out of 6 of my rare cards x3

I only got 2 eldrazi creatures, and then of course the special card they gave away.

Last saturday I went to the store, and got a booster box of Eldrazi (With free fat back=44 packs)

I pulled enough cards to make 4 decks, and 50-70 dollars worth of rares. I grabbed rares I got from the last two set, and brought them back to the store. I got 160 for everything (I had a lot of the dual lands from the previous sets)

With that in toe today, I bought another booster (and another fat pack)

I'm sitting on 130-150 of rares, and still a lot i'm going to use.

Kept rares include:

Spawnspire, (2) time for heroes, eldrazi Temple (Debating on whether to sell or keep), (2) lightmine fields, (2) awakening zones, (2) student of warfares, and training grounds.

Other random stuff- (7) hand of emrakuls, (3) artisan of kozilek, (2) broodwardens, (5) Skittering invasions, (2) Rapacious ones.

Sold cards include- (2) Emrakuls (The main one), Gideon, (foil) Hellcarver demon, (2-both foil) Hedron Matrix, and more.

So yeah, i'm happy.

Also, (2) Gull Draz promo foil cards.

And i have now finished my eldrazi deck^^

Got the eldrazi arisen intro pack yesterday, and in the booster i got a artisan of kozilek so that one went into the deck as well! =D

Zennarion said:
And i have now finished my eldrazi deck^^

Got the eldrazi arisen intro pack yesterday, and in the booster i got a artisan of kozilek so that one went into the deck as well! =D
I made two decks, both mostly eldrazi. ones a defender deck, the other eldrazi.

Heh... I only have one creature in that deck that aren't an eldrazi... And thats my hellkite overlord. I put it in there because i didn't have more eldrazi creatures, and because it could be fun to enchant eldrazi conscription on it so it would be a flying, trample 18/18 that can regenerate and power up itself x3

No, I bought 2 intro packs.

Eldrazi risen, and levelr's glory.

Which doesn't have a lot of level up's in it.

But it does have student of war, and Hedron Field Purists, so i'm happy.

Eldrazi risen has awakening field, and a bunch of other goodies, so i'm really happy.

I hit the jackpot for once.

x3

Im taking black out of this deck, so i'll only focus on red/ green

Monsters:
Emrakul, the Aeons Torn(1)
Broodwarden(2)
Hand of Emrakul(4)
Nest Invader(2)
Rapacious One(2)
Ulamog's Crusher(2)
Kozilek's Predator(3)
Hellkite Overlord(1)
Emrakul's Hatcher(1)
Pathrazer of Ulamog(1)
Artisan of Kozilek(1)

Spells:
Spawning Breath(3)
Essence Feed(3)
Not of this world(3)
Dreamstone Hedron(3)
Awakening Zone(2)
Liliana Vess(1)
All is Dust(1)
Eldrazi Conscription(1)
Growth Spasm(1)
Grave Pact(1)
Everflowing Chalice(1)

Lands:
Forests(6)
Mountains(6)
Swamps(6)
Eye of Ugin(1)
Rupture spire(1)
Savage Lands(1)
Jund Panorama(1)
Dragonskull Summit(1)

And thats it, a total of 63 cards!

my current eldrazi deck:

creatures:
Emrakul, the Aeons Torn (1)
It that Betrays (2)
Artisan of Kozilek (2)
Pathrazer of Ulamog (1)
Ulamog's Crusher (1)
Rapacious One (1)
Emrakul's Hatcher (2)
Dread Drone (2)
Nest invader (1)
Bramblesnap (1)
Llanowar Elves (2)
Dragonmaster Outcast (1)

Spells:
Essence Feed (2)
Brood Birthing (2)
Dreamstone Hedron (2)
Growth Spasm (2)
Harrow (2)
Prophetic Prism (1)
Skittering Invasion (1)
Blightning (1)
Searing Blaze (2)
Might of the Masses (1)
Spawning Breath (1)
Terminate (1)
Corpsehatch (1)
Khalni Heart Expedition (1)
Staggershock (1)
Lust for War (1)

lands:
Forest (6)
Mountain (5)
Swamp (3)
Lavaclaw Reaches (1)
Eldrazi Temple (1)
Evolving Wilds (2)

I'm working on a second deck. Sadly, I referred by some good players to get another gideon Jura and two Jace the Mind Sculptors.

Gideon, nice. Only planeswalker I got a chance to see at the Release and Pre-release events was Sharkan the Mad... he's probably the weakest planeswalker I've ever seen.

ArcturusV said:
Gideon, nice. Only planeswalker I got a chance to see at the Release and Pre-release events was Sharkan the Mad... he's probably the weakest planeswalker I've ever seen.
Depends. I can put him in a deck where he would be devastating.

But Gideon has been killing for me. :D

Just add in a couple of dragons with Sarkhan, and it'll be devastating... Even Furnace whelp or dragon whelp can be devastating x3

Back
Top Bottom