Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Any other magic the gathering players here?

Zennarion said:
Hmm... I'll have to see what i can find next monday x3
Oh, and Eye of Ugin makes the opponent aware of what you're doing, and they'll get specific Emrakul countermeasures out. Specifically, Nighthawk or a Cunning Sparkmage with basilisk collar.

One thing I learned from tournament players and a few judges is that you want to run at most 1/3 of your deck as lands. 60 card deck, 20 lands. I've seen a Goblin Rape deck with 15 lands. So don't add it in, simply because It's a bigger clue than Eldrazi temple. Hell, I would play eldrazi temple just to sway the opponent into a false sense of them knowing what was coming up. A few drones to keep their hopes up, then... Bam! tons of big spells and artifacts that have nothing to do with eldrazi. Or better yet, what my friend did: 50 Eldrazi tokens (that's all his deck did) with a eldrazi Monument and 4 Beastmasters Ascensions.

XD

I like the last idea :p

But i haven't been very lucky with 20 lands only^^;

Thats why i prefer 21-23 lands

Mana shuffle it as so:

Mix lands evenly, so it alternates between the basic land cards, with a even amount of them between the non-basics. Do the same for monsters and spells, mix the spells evenly, then the lands into it evenly. it's a 1-1-1 ratio.

I just recently went to a local tournament for Magic. :) Played with Grixis Zombies.

Zombies of course, paired with cards like Terminate x4, Cruel Ultimatum x4, Soul Manipulation x4, Countersquall x4, Nicol Bolas x2, Cemetery Reaper x4, Slavering Nulls x4, Grixis Grimblade x4, and Zombie Outlander x2. and lands like Crumbling Necropolis x4, Dragonskull Summit x2, Drowned Catacomb x2, and of course Swamps, Islands, and Mountains. :) Took me all the way to 3rd place, till a dude who had a Vampire deck from hell beat me for second place, then had his ass handed to him by a Mono Green with a lot of overrun. XD I'm hoping to find a couple of Unscythe, Killer of Kings to put in it. Till then Cruel Ultimatums make it funny.

Kingschoolyou said:
I just recently went to a local tournament for Magic. :) Played with Grixis Zombies.

Zombies of course, paired with cards like Terminate x4, Cruel Ultimatum x4, Soul Manipulation x4, Countersquall x4, Nicol Bolas x2, Cemetery Reaper x4, Slavering Nulls x4, Grixis Grimblade x4, and Zombie Outlander x2. and lands like Crumbling Necropolis x4, Dragonskull Summit x2, Drowned Catacomb x2, and of course Swamps, Islands, and Mountains. :) Took me all the way to 3rd place, till a dude who had a Vampire deck from hell beat me for second place, then had his ass handed to him by a Mono Green with a lot of overrun. XD I'm hoping to find a couple of Unscythe, Killer of Kings to put in it. Till then Cruel Ultimatums make it funny.
I see a sad lack of mind funerals, blightnings, and Escaped Nulls.

(kind of noob to magic but its a lot better than what i was playing)
im running a landfall red/white deck, it works pretty fast

Landfall decks fail unless you make a infinite loop for a fireball or banefire. It's a supplementary and support ability, not suppose to be a stand-alone deck.

Raziel99 said:
Kingschoolyou said:

I see a sad lack of mind funerals, blightnings, and Escaped Nulls.
Escaped Nulls Maybe, but it's a Zombie deck not a control deck :D

It's a Zombie Deck. Zombies = self-damage/mutilation. Escaped Null is a staple.

And Maybe null champion.

That's what I'm saying, I would put escaped null in there, but the others I would maybe sideboard. I'm thinking of trading of few of the other spells out to get Death Barons in there too. Not sure yet. And Null Champion is amazing :D I've already looked into placing it in there.

I just noticed a sad lack of doom blades. And perhaps jace for draw engine.

And, I would actually say sorin, to be honest.

I have Doom Blades in the sideboard. I have a Jace Beleren in my Mono Blue control deck somewhere. The other version of Jace would be nice as well. And I don't have any Sorin's. D= it's hard to find them in card shops, and I don't have enough time left to order them online so.....yeah ~.~

omg, what a bunch of nerds.
Roleplaying and Magic.

Yeah anyways I play casually. I've got a pile of decks but I just made a couple new ones the other day. XD

One's a Green/red beast deck and the other's blue/red with dragons and direct damage. XD
WAHOO!

Meow, here is a new deck i want to try out, its not sure it will work, but hopefully it will

Creatures:

Vampire Nighthawk (3)
Vein Drinker (2)
Ob Nixilis, The Fallen (1)
Smolder Initiate (1)
Blistering Dieflyn (1)
Mephidross vampire (1)
Lord of Shatterskull Pass (1)
Blood Cultisst (2)
Malfegor (1)
Goblin Deathraiders (2)
Kiln Fiend (2)
Vithian Stinger (2)
Cinder Pyromancer (1)
Taurean Mauler (1)

Spells:

Liliana Vess (1)
Claws of Valakut (2)
Searing Blaze (3)
Consume the Meek (1)
Terror (1)
Soul Reap (1)
Blightning (3)
Fireball (4)
Quietus Spike (2)
Basilisk Collar (1)
Virulent Swipe (3)

Lands:
Graven Cairns (1)
Akoum Refuge (3)
Shizo, Death's Storehouse (1)
Terramorphic Expanse (2)
Mountain (7)
Swamp (5)

tadaaa~ if there is lack of some cards, is it cause i dont own them, meow mew​

Right now im running a red/ white deck, based on near-death experience, direct damage spells and abilities, and of course fortune thief to prevent damage from making my life go to less than 0, and then defenders to let in the damage i want to go in

Been running Blue/White/Green myself. "Levelers" and Enchantment based deck. Mostly Eldrazi just to try out the set as a stand alone and how well it functions without the big colorless boys. So far my experience with the set has pretty much said other than a few odd exceptions it's all "Whoever plays the first Eldrazi Wins", especially since Annihilator is about the only removal in the set.

Getting some quick wins with Training Grounds and the flying merfolk leveler, and with the Islandwalker. Mid game goes pretty well with card advantage thanks to my cryptologists. Doesn't do well enough against Vampire decks from Zendikar/Worldwake though which is what I'm seeing a lot of.

I just finished my grixis sacrifice deck, based on the alara reborn card Thraximundar, and then some other sacrifice cards

Back
Top Bottom