Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Any other magic the gathering players here?

reduction said:
Raziel99 said:
A ulamog's crusher, lord of shatterskull pass, flame slash, traitorous instinct.

Two crushers are enough, you want to try to save for the bigger ones. lord of shatterskull pass sucks up mana for the eldrazi. you dont need 3 flame slashes, and traitorous instinct slows you down, you want your own big fat fatties to play.
i can go without them all, but my Shatterskull, me likes him to much, even though he probably like you say, will drain my mana out, but i know how to play it, and when that one is out and lvled up, can you say bye to most of your monsters, well unless if you are sitting with an giant army of eldrazis of course, but still though!

But that's only 2 mana to level him up, which you can do very easily. It doesn't 'suck up' mana. Besides, it's ability is awesome.

16 mana that makes a 6/6 that does 6 damage to all your opponents creatures when it attacks. I'm sure by that time, they'll have umbras (in sealed) and big attackers galore by that time. Plus, that pulls aggro like crazy, and 2 mana for a doom blade onto something that cost a opponent 16 is a victory of itself.

Raziel: The only problem with your "For shatterskull you could have Emakrul out" equation is Time vs. Mana. Yes, it's 16 mana but you can pay that in packets of two whenever you do have the extra mana. Whereas the Eldrazi needs to be done in one shot. Not too hard with how many spawn tokens that deck could throw out. But it's a different sort of thing, you can't really make a straight comparison like that.

My experience playing with the Levelers so far is that I almost never bust them up to max power in one turn, it's usually over 3. In that regard it's like playing with Echo, which was a pretty sweet deal.

ArcturusV said:
Raziel: The only problem with your "For shatterskull you could have Emakrul out" equation is Time vs. Mana. Yes, it's 16 mana but you can pay that in packets of two whenever you do have the extra mana. Whereas the Eldrazi needs to be done in one shot. Not too hard with how many spawn tokens that deck could throw out. But it's a different sort of thing, you can't really make a straight comparison like that.

My experience playing with the Levelers so far is that I almost never bust them up to max power in one turn, it's usually over 3. In that regard it's like playing with Echo, which was a pretty sweet deal.
I'm not regarding it as one turn max level, i'm going over totals. It's 16 mana for its final ability. If you used it just for a 6 mana 6/6, I would consider it, but even with that, there's better cards to put into the deck. Anyone who sees a maxed level Shatterskull is going to toss a doom bade at it at first opportunity, or something equivalent. Emrakul has no such threats on it, besides a cunning sparkmage with a basilisk collar on it.

It's a card that you base a deck around, and the best bet for Shatterskull would be white/red/blue with a lot of venerated teachers to boost him and others up. On his own in a eldrazi deck, it slows it down.

I say it's better than Emrakul. Sure, it makes them suck, but a limited amount.

Shatterskull does it to all creatures they control.

It's even faster if you toss out a venerated teacher.

I may have agreed if you said Training Grounds. Venerated Teacher only makes it cheaper to max level by 1 mana.

Yes, but if i remember right, his deck only has one leveler (a single Shatterskull, if i'm not mistaken). And, he's not playing blue.

Plus, it's a Eldrazi deck. It's suppose to focus on the big guys.

And a pretty good one at that.

So far every Leveler Deck I've built has been blue. Not because of Champion's Griffin or Venerated Teacher, but Training Grounds and the fact that in my sealed release tournament I pulled four Cryptologists. Hell yeah.

Alrighty... A small update of my deck for now, though im having a bit of trouble, since i don't know which creatures i should take out, since i want 20 in total, so 4 of them have to go. I kinda need a good advice right now^^;

Monsters:
Emrakul, the Aeons Torn(1)
It that Betrays(2)
Hand of Emrakul(4)
Ulamog's Crusher(2)
Spawnsire of Ulamog(1)
Artisan of Kozilek(1)
Pathrazer of Ulamog(2)
Broodwarden(2)
Nest Invader(2)
Rapacious One(2)
Kozilek's Predator(3)
Emrakul's Hatcher(1)
Arbor Elf(1)

Spells:
Spawning Breath(3)
Essence Feed(3)
Not of this world(3)
Dreamstone Hedron(3)
Awakening Zone(2)
All is Dust(1)
Eldrazi Conscription(1)
Growth Spasm(1)
Everflowing Chalice(1)
Harrow(1)
Khalni Heart Expidition(1)

Lands:
Forests(9)
Mountains(8)
Eye of Ugin(1)
Rupture spire(1)
Savage Lands(1)
Jund Panorama(1)
Kazandu Refuge(1)

Broodwardens, both of them. A hand of Emrakul, and depending on what you're putting in, another hand or the arbor elf.

Zennarion said:
Well... I want both of the 'It that betrays' and the 'Spawnsire of Ulamog'
I didn't say to pull those. Those are a great basis to a deck, with a few pathrazers. Broodwarden is useless because you want the spawn for mana. they'll die from a lightning bold or burst lightning no matter if they are 0/1 or 2/2. Hand of Emrakul may be the easiest to get out, but for base cost, it's the worst colorless eldrazi. weakest power, toughness, and annihilator.

Hand of Emrakul will be devastating if you get it out in round 3 or 4 though, thats why i have so many^^;

Ok, I had time to sit down and analyze your deck, and I dispute your claim that you can have him out turn 3 or 4. You can't get enough mana, nor can you get enough spawns out, unless you get the luckiest pull ever, every single time. I'm going over it right now to give you a card base, I'll have the deck list in a few minutes.

My Recommended Changes to your deck:

Monsters: (20)
Emrakul, the Aeons Torn(1)
It that Betrays(2)
Hand of Emrakul(2)
Ulamog's Crusher(2)
Spawnsire of Ulamog(1)
Artisan of Kozilek(1)
Pathrazer of Ulamog(2)
Nest Invader(2)
Rapacious One(2)
Kozilek's Predator(3)
Emrakul's Hatcher(1)
Arbor Elf(1)

Spells: (20)
Brood Birthing(2)
Spawning Breath(3)
Not of this world(3)
Dreamstone Hedron(2)
Awakening Zone(2)
All is Dust(1)
Eldrazi Conscription(1)
Growth Spasm(2)
Harrow(2)
Khalni Heart Expidition(2)

Lands: (20)
Forests(10)
Mountains(6)
Kazandu Refuge(1)
Evolving Wilds(2)
Eldrazi Temple(1)

Zennarion said:
Eh... Only card i need is Brood Birthing -.-

I've brought more than 15 packs, and not a single one -.-
It's a common, go to a card shop, it's a quarter usually for commons, maybe as low as 10 cents.

And, that deck is not completed. I did not do the mana calculations for it yet. And I'm thinking of plugging a Eldrazi Temple into it.

Mana calculated, Temple added. That should work.

Although, I'll say this: If it doesn't work too well in testing, have two Prophetic Prisms and switch out a Spawning Breath and maybe Eldrazi Conscription. Really, it's overkill. That card is made for a Aura Gnarlid.

Good plan. Now, look at the list and see what you dont have, land is up and should work fine for what you have. Like I said, Might want to switch some things out for Prophetic prism, for drawing power and to cut thin what you dont need (Eldrazi Conscription = Overkill. If this was another deck, I would condone it. But big creatures > big enchantment)

I would prefer to keep my 'Eye of Ugin' in the deck by the way, since it'll help me get the eldrazi monsters out faster and reduce their cost.

It slows the deck down. It in itself doesn't give you mana, just reduces cost, which you won't need because of how much you'll make. What you need is a draw engine. There's a green card that lets you look at the top 5 and pick a colorless card and put it in your hand, rest on the bottom of your library, costs 1 green. The name of it escapes me.

Otherwise, you have enough stuff to rush through land in your deck, and play eldrazi faster. The only thing that I can thing of stopping you is a blue deck or a Mind funeral late game.

Back
Top Bottom