Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Any other magic the gathering players here?

phytohydra equipped with Pariah's Shield, then maybe also some trample on it and maybe a Shielding Plax, then incoming damage to you have no effect, but giving you a giant monster, meow but a expensive combo though wich makes it slow to get in play

Probably got errataed at some point, but I never saw it. Friend of mine had two doubling seasons out. Played Pentavus. And we sat there staring at the board, trying to figure out what was the result... near as we could figure since the card didnt' say "Except counters coming from doubling seasons in play" or something it made an endless loop of counters. Pentavus triggers both doubling seasons, so that's 10 extra counters on the stack, one doubling season goes before the other just because that's the way the stack resolves, can't do simultaneous stuff, never does. So one resolves, triggers the other, the other resolves, triggers the first... Got so insane we had to house rule it and say it was just exponential, no looping, so the final result was 20/20. Checked the rules, couldn't find where it was errataed. Considering how easy it could be to get two of them out, and how many cards make counters for various things... ug.

I only recently decided to get into the game. I only play casually though I know I'm not good enough for a tournament. I prefer red or red/blue decks. I have several that I've built over the course of a few months with some help, my particular favorite being a Tribal Wizards deck. I of course, wouldn't mind a bit of friendly competition though. So far 10 wins and 0 losses with that deck alone. But there again I had alot of help putting it together from a few guys that have been in it since MTG first started. I have a couple more deck ideas I'm wanting to flesh out a little more, that I would love to test with actual gameplay.

ArcturusV said:
Probably got errataed at some point, but I never saw it. Friend of mine had two doubling seasons out. Played Pentavus. And we sat there staring at the board, trying to figure out what was the result... near as we could figure since the card didnt' say "Except counters coming from doubling seasons in play" or something it made an endless loop of counters. Pentavus triggers both doubling seasons, so that's 10 extra counters on the stack, one doubling season goes before the other just because that's the way the stack resolves, can't do simultaneous stuff, never does. So one resolves, triggers the other, the other resolves, triggers the first... Got so insane we had to house rule it and say it was just exponential, no looping, so the final result was 20/20. Checked the rules, couldn't find where it was errataed. Considering how easy it could be to get two of them out, and how many cards make counters for various things... ug.
What happens here is a thing on the stack. The creature comes into play, counters come onto it, doubling season activates, followed by the second. They only activate once on the stack, and after that, it is consitered 'dead' or 'unaffective' until another card comes with counters, or another effect with them. So with that, it's the counters, doubled, doubled. (x*2)(2).

I really like how my Jund fixed up so far.

It's completely type 2, and I took the black out of it.

Tossed in a couple of Dragon Broodmother's, Avenged Zendikars, and some other goodies.

And im looking forward to trying my new blue/ black deck :p

I got Wrexial, the Risen Deep today, and since i already have a Deep-Sea Kraken and some serpents i decided to put in the 'Quest for Ula's Temple' card, and then make it a counter/ destroy and then a little bit of landwalk/ unblockable in it.

I might even trade Ob Nixilis, the Fallen for Red's Guile, just to make the deck a lot better x3

And i need a lot more counter target spell cards, and some more destroy target creature cards though, since what i have right now is only a prototype deck that i need to test

Hmm... Sorry about the double post, but have any of you seen the new cards from Rise of the Eldrazi cards on magics website?
I know you have Red, but anyone else?

Suddenly i can use Ugin's eye for something x3
And hopefully i'll be able to make an Eldrazi deck.
They are probably some of the best creatures i have ever seen!

Zennarion said:
Hmm... Sorry about the double post, but have any of you seen the new cards from Rise of the Eldrazi cards on magics website?
I know you have Red, but anyone else?

Suddenly i can use Ugin's eye for something x3
And hopefully i'll be able to make an Eldrazi deck.
They are probably some of the best creatures i have ever seen!
I have. I'm already planning a Green Eldrazi Defender deck.

Hmm... Any good ideas for it?

I mean will it be enough to defend you against a 9/9 eldrazi monster with trample and annihilator 3 that can only be blocked by 3 or more creatures?

Zennarion said:
Hmm... Any good ideas for it?

I mean will it be enough to defend you against a 9/9 eldrazi monster with trample and annihilator 3 that can only be blocked by 3 or more creatures?
How about you having to defend against a 15/15 annihilator 8 that has protection from colored and flying, and cant be countered.

oh, and hardcasted turn 5. turn 4 has the 8/8 that has to attack each turn out.

Zennarion said:
Is that 15/15 even a card?
I mean i haven't seen it on their site yet
It's a promo for everyone that goes to the pre-release.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.wizards.com/mtg/images/daily/arcana/417_vcjx0r83p1.jpg">http://www.wizards.com/mtg/images/daily ... 0r83p1.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Zennarion said:
Well... Pre-release... Here i come! =D

Hmm... Is it for pre-releases all over the world?
Yep

And if i get the right cards, turn 5 hardcast of that bastard. then you cry. :3

Your only problem is if i have one life left, and a 'near-death experience' enchantment card out.
I have a 'fortune thief' card, so if i get 'Near-death experience' in a booster, im going to make a deck based on that x3

Zennarion said:
Your only problem is if i have one life left, and a 'near-death experience' enchantment card out.
I have a 'fortune thief' card, so if i get 'Near-death experience' in a booster, im going to make a deck based on that x3
Pre-Release is closed draft only. Rise of the Eldrazi only in decks.

And you'll be sacrificing somewhere around 8-10 permanents when i attack before your turn 5.

When i was at the Zendikar pre-release, it was a Sealed deck tournament, we were about 30 players that day

Zennarion said:
When i was at the Zendikar pre-release, it was a Sealed deck tournament, we were about 30 players that day
Sorry, that's what i meant, sealed deck.

x3

I loved the card from the Zendikar pre-release

Anyways, hopefully there will still be a spot when i get there next Tuesday

meh... seem to i maybe have to go to the pre-release anyways though...

Got to go to a tournament for the first time since Darksteel's prerelease this weekend. Booster Draft, Zendikar and two Worldwake packs. Did pretty well actually. Ended up drafting a red/green mostly Allies deck. Only match I lost that night was against a quick, aggressive Vampire Reanimation deck.

And was surprised I got passed two Scythe Tigers(Both went around the table a full time). Those cards just dominated for me. Can't underestimate the 3/2 first turn Shrouded critter, land sac be damned, it's draft, I had more than enough land. Was actually kind of surprised how much land destruction there was though. Never really hurt me though.

Looking forward to the Prerelease now. I haven't seen any spoilers for it yet. I actually want to go into it with fresh eyes.

My brother comes over and makes me play from time to time. I usually end up with his Psychic deck, very casual play. I've finally got to the point where I might win an occasional round.

Back
Top Bottom