Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts 2022 OOC

I would add a "Tagging" and putting names of chars mentioned or interacted with in the post

I've ported my character, Charles, across from the other Harry Potter game. I figure worse case scenario, if that game kicks off sometime, I end up playing him twice. 🤷‍♂️ Hoping to throw him awkwardly into the Solstice tomorrow!
Welcome, glad to have you joining us!

I have family visiting for a few days so I will be a bit sparse. Don't be afraid to start a new thread if you need one.

I was thinking of something I might do to create a uniformity between all the threads. I was thinking we have a common first post going over the scene and links to previous scenes.

I'm happy to try things and see how they work. I will offer a word of caution though based on my previous experience with groups (they can be tough). Uniformity between threads might be very difficult and can often logjam a group if we are trying to keep some sort of consistent time frame. The whole thing can get stuck because we are all waiting for one person to continue a specific thread and the RP dies in the process. I don't know that Summer Solstice must end before Hogwarts Express can start, or that writing the seduction of Titus has to wait for either.

"Tagging" is extremely useful as @kckolbe suggests.

So I am torn, I don't know if I want Ayaka to already have been sorted in a private ceremony or have her done in a public on at Hogwarts.

Throwing my hat into this RP, just posted my CS :3 Wasn't sure if I could post that here so if not, I shall delete

Thank you :3 I will probably try and get a post up by the weekend

Awesome, what kind of relationship do you feel JP might have with her Housemates? What kind of reputation with her fellow Slytherin?

Awesome, what kind of relationship do you feel JP might have with her Housemates? What kind of reputation with her fellow Slytherin?
I feel like she and Ayaka would bond over being asian lol, I plan to play JP as being indifferent to most things, but once she bonds with someone over anything she will be a loyal friend. Caring and protective. On the other hand, if she doesn't get along with other housemates, she won't be rude or harsh, but she will be cold. Reputation wise, I think she'd just be considered a 'wallflower' so to speak among her fellow Slytherin.

I feel like she and Ayaka would bond over being asian lol, I plan to play JP as being indifferent to most things, but once she bonds with someone over anything she will be a loyal friend. Caring and protective. On the other hand, if she doesn't get along with other housemates, she won't be rude or harsh, but she will be cold. Reputation wise, I think she'd just be considered a 'wallflower' so to speak among her fellow Slytherin.
I was planning on having Charlotte a big personality and big ego sees herself as the queen of the Slytherins. Thinks the whole house should and does revolve around her. I am thinking the reasons she became a Perfect at 6th year is cause she made the student who got it last year quit and give it up so she can have it.

As for Ayaka she will happily bond with JP over some silly minor thing they pick up on like maybe the rice at Hogwarts tastes unwashed or stuff like that.

I foresee some very comical interactions between JP and Charlotte XD

The rice being unwashed seems like a great thing to bond over since Jae's parents own a restaurant. I love that idea!

I think we can tell an interesting story of maybe a fracture within Slytherin. Or go the Wheel of Time route and have factions within factions within factions.

One thing JP would know (I have been working on this with @TabithaVaush ) is that Charlotte has a strong and deep rivalry and hate for Amelia. Could extend to Amelia's friend groom too (which will include Ayaka this year)

Oooh that sounds very interesting. I look forward to seeing what comes from the rivalry :D

Having more members of the ‘Charlotte Hate Club(tm)’ can only be more fun! Mind if I DM you to discuss things? I think Amelia would be the kind of character to gather all the introverts around her XD

Having more members of the ‘Charlotte Hate Club(tm)’ can only be more fun! Mind if I DM you to discuss things? I think Amelia would be the kind of character to gather all the introverts around her XD
Feel free :)

Thinking about Quidditch in my post and I remembered the World Cup. 2022 would be a World Cup year so it might be fun to play something out there

Thinking about Quidditch in my post and I remembered the World Cup. 2022 would be a World Cup year so it might be fun to play something out there
I think that is a great idea! Could be fun having Ayaka cheering her butt off for the away team.

Well, with the last 4 chars being 2 males and 2 lesbians, I am a bit worried about more males.

I don't see a problem with more males if we have some more story focused threads. For example I don't plan on have Ayaka have any Sex until far later in the story.
As for Charlotte... I have plans for her to have sex more often. Maybe not at the Solstice since I see it as an intro scene but might have something planned for the Hogwarts Express.

Speaking of which. Since these scenes are all asynchronous, I guess once the necessary players are introduced at the solstice, any other scene is free to get going.

I am fine getting other scenes going and writing multiple scenes in different times of the story. I am wondering how we should handle things like that though... i.e. this scene happens after x scene it is implied that character A and B had this interaction in scene X that we ware still working towards.

For better clarification. I have a scene or interaction in mind between Charlotte and Titus at the Solstice that can lead to a scene on the Hogwarts Express. That scene at the Solstice between Charlotte and Titus might not happen for a bit due to writing speeds (which is fine and expected) but we could start the Hogwarts Express scene before that scene happens. Is everyone fine handling and writing with that kind of stuff in mind?

That's a good point. If you have a specific progression in mind then it might be best to let those happen as they come. It will probably just come down to personal preference. Due to the uh... fleeting nature of a typical group RP, I'm content playing it fast and loose.

Back
Top Bottom