Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts 2022 OOC

As for the Class, I do think you can get good rp from a character liking a class and good rp from a character hating and failing the class. Failing and putting pressure on the student causing them stress which can motivate or hamper them in other scenes. So you can probably do a fair bit with Potions to make them challenging on the characters (from an RP prospective)
Oh, fully agree, that's why I was asking which she preferred.

For the House, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. All offer great RP opportunities
Right?! So many lovely options.

As for Ayaka, I am going off a wiki that has infomation about Wizard stuff in Japan as well as making stuff up based on the culture and what I think would sound cool. The wiki had something about Potion competitions in Asia with winners getting golden caldrens.
I am planning on some creative competitions/challenges.

As for Charlotte, she just expects to get things served to her.
Relationships work as long as both sides add value, and I'm sure she can manage that.

It's always exciting to see a group start to reach critical mass. I think we are about there.

I can't speak to each conversation taking place here but I am following along as best I can while at work.

Keep in mind this is an 'open' roleplay, so while you do need to create a character, I don't need to approve them or your scenes. You can start a scene in the open section, just put "Hogwarts 2022" at the start of the title. I can help you get it off the ground when you are ready, if needed.

@LeaT What do you think of me making Charlotte a Perfect? Or should I leave that for a another player?
I think any position is open as long as no one else has claimed it. So go for it.

Hello. Just stumbled across this. Fan of the setting, considering making a male Potions professor, only a pervert in moderation.
Another staff member would be most welcome! Pretty much anything not already claimed by a character is fair game. Headmaster/headmistress is open as well.

However, Amelia (@TabithaVaush) has them on her least favorite. Now, it is tempting to try and win Amelia's fondness for learning Potions by introducing her to the kinds that might help her make friends, that is just one thought. The whole helping a struggling student angle, though...I don't see her as that type, could be wrong. Please let me know if I misread. In addition, I think going Gryffindor or Slytherin affect that tone as well given the historical animosity between the houses. Les and Charlotte are both "meh" on it. So for her, there's potential for a wide range or antagonism or friendliness (or both!), and would love to hear if you have a preference.

The angle that I'm going for with Amelia is that she's naturally bright, but doesn't particularly care enough to exert herself and really try to succeed in academics. You aren't the first to misunderstand, so it's probably on me, I'm going to add in a little extra bit about that since I probably forgot to.

I am curious to hear everyone's thoughts. Also when it comes to events or twists, do we want to surprise each other with them or talk them over?

Surprise me! :) I'm pretty used to knowing every twist before it happens, so a surprise here and there sounds great! And do you wanna go ahead and plan a thread with Amelia and Ayaka now? We could do something before the school year starts if you want

Surprise me! :) I'm pretty used to knowing every twist before it happens, so a surprise here and there sounds great! And do you wanna go ahead and plan a thread with Amelia and Ayaka now? We could do something before the school year starts if you want
If you want them to meet at the Summer Solsetics that sounds like fun. Are you down for a slow burn with them? A plot that takes a while with no one knowing if they will be lovers or just friends? Kinda a will they/won't they story.

If you want them to meet at the Summer Solsetics that sounds like fun. Are you down for a slow burn with them? A plot that takes a while with no one knowing if they will be lovers or just friends? Kinda a will they/won't they story.

Totally down for that, though we should make sure that it's okay with @LeaT that I join that one? If you want to make our own for a different locale I'm game for that too

Totally down for that, though we should make sure that it's okay with @LeaT that I join that one? If you want to make our own for a different locale I'm game for that too
I can easily see their first encounter being the Summer Solstice. If they decide to sneak off alone, out of the public eye, than that can easily be moved to a dedicated thread. The Summer Solstice is really just a sort of test track for you to try on your character in a low commitment sort of way. It is not obligatory either, just there for everyone's convenience.

I am also open to there first encounter being on the Hogwarts Express if you think that would be better story wise. After a little bit of story on the Solstice We can make a Hogwarts Express thread starting to connect more characters.

I am also open to there first encounter being on the Hogwarts Express if you think that would be better story wise. After a little bit of story on the Solstice We can make a Hogwarts Express thread starting to connect more characters.
That is fine for students, I was hoping to see a bit more staff. As we are mostly students, a thread "Hogwarts 2022 - Hogwarts Express" can be started as soon as someone is ready.

It really isn't my intention to DM this story, it is a collaborative effort, or crowdsourced if that is the more modern term.

That makes sense, once we get going we can have a few threads going like first DADA class, first potions, spinkle large events throughout the pacing of the larger story.

That sounds great. I'll make a post in the solstice thread this evening hopefully!

So for scenes I have in mind at the start of the story.

For Ayaka:
Meeting future friends like @TabithaVaush 's Amelia and maybe @SagittariusX 's Les. These can happen either at the Solistice and/or Hogwarts express
Meets her future professors

For Charlotte:
Give @Red Day 's Titus a little tease. This can happen at the Solistice or on thr Hogwarts Express.
Have a sizing up of Ayaka while she is hanging out with Amelia

All my ideas anf plans are flexible and subject to change. But I thought this might give people an idea what I am planning and we can build off from there. Also helping my scatterbrain organize a timeline and ideas.

Oh hey what's up everybody. This gained steam huh? Hmm Titus was carried over from an RP with a slightly different setup. I supposed I should de-age him a bit to fit in with the usual Hogwarts ages. I'll try and get my intro done this evening here in the next few hours.

I added

Liz Shah: Slytherin, 17

to the bottom of my character post as an NPC sidekick.

@SMG9000 and @Red Day I am going to use her for Titus Troubles when we are ready. I assume it will be a scene of its own. We can discuss it here or in PM if preferred.

@SMG9000 and @Red Day I am going to use her for Titus Troubles when we are ready. I assume it will be a scene of its own. We can discuss it here or in PM if preferred.
I have a few scenes in mind. Actually quite a few scenes we can cause Titus a little... stress in. I have one I have been working out in my head that could be fun closer to a big game that could cause Titus a fair bit of embarrassment. Maybe needing to go to Professor Augsburg for some help.

Professor Hufflemilf...very nice.

Let me know if someone wants a scene with Mr. Dellet, just enjoying the show for now.

I haven't wrote a character like Charlotte in so long. I usually write the sweet innocent type. It was fun writing from a bitchy cruel PoV. Also although I plan for Charlotte to have some small victories, I do expect her getting her comeuppance.

And poor Titus has no clue but hopefully... for his sake. Charlotte enjoys it at least

Professor Hufflemilf...very nice.
I was kinda proud of that. Like fire crotch was meh but Hufflemilf... that was something I was really proud of 😁 I totally expect Charlotte finding out how good of a Beater Augie was back in her day lol

I've ported my character, Charles, across from the other Harry Potter game. I figure worse case scenario, if that game kicks off sometime, I end up playing him twice. 🤷‍♂️ Hoping to throw him awkwardly into the Solstice tomorrow!

@Red Day I've got a vague thought that Charles' summer job had him helping out at a Grey Matters store, if that works for you? I figure if there's one place he'd actually feel qualified for, it's the place dealing with muggle stuff.

(Otherwise he'd probably have been cleaning tables at the Cauldron, somewhere he's definitely a little young for. 😅 Or working in a bookstore, maybe...)

Welcome, I here all these stories about another potter game. I am excited our Ravenclaw house is shaping up pretty good.

@Red Day I've got a vague thought that Charles' summer job had him helping out at a Grey Matters store, if that works for you? I figure if there's one place he'd actually feel qualified for, it's the place dealing with muggle stuff.

(Otherwise he'd probably have been cleaning tables at the Cauldron, somewhere he's definitely a little young for. 😅 Or working in a bookstore, maybe...)

Yeah go for it. Titus probably was working there as well, but slacking off the whole time. I'm not trying to keep too tight of control on what's going on with them. I do have a vague idea of what's going on with their research, but seeing as my character is too thick to even be curious about it, it probably won't come up.

Yeah go for it. I'm not trying to keep too tight of control on what's going on with them. I do have a vague idea of what's going on with their research, but seeing as my character is too thick to even be curious about it, it probably won't come up.
In defense of your char, Slytherin is making sure NONE of his blood will reach his brain

I was thinking of something I might do to create a uniformity between all the threads. I was thinking we have a common first post going over the scene and links to previous scenes.

TITLE

Previous Scene

Description of the Location and Scene Setup

Recap of Events Prior

So for the set up to the Hogwarts Express scene I would do:

Hogwarts 2022: Hogwarts Express

The Summer Solstice (probably with a link)

Probably a Picture from the First Movie

A description on the area and talk about how this is when new wizards get a taste of the magic of Hogwart, how returning students get to connect and talk about what they did during the summer and what there plans are.

Then recap and describe important events from the last scene so like: A New Friendship was born between Ayaka and Amelia. Interaction between Titus, Charlotte and others.

What do people think?

Back
Top Bottom