Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dragon Ball: Train me, or else! (Matttheman89/TheyDontKnowIBurn)

Bulla tried to calm herself. Goten was being rational. She knew she should too. But she couldn't help but trembled, not just from the dropping temperatures, but from fear. "Y-yeah... You're right." She said quietly, not wanting to give SNOW any further information. She moved to the couch and sat down. Her outfit just wasn't suited for this sort of temperature. After all, it had been balmy, warm, and pleasant outside.

Because of that, she'd worn a pair of short jean shorts, red midriff tube top, and just a thin button up shirt over it, with 3/4 quarter length sleeves.

"Temperature decreasing. Negative 1.1 degrees Celsius. Did you know that the human body is 70 percent water? And that water freezes at at 0 degrees Celsius?" Snow listed off facts.

Ones that made Bulla more and more uneasy.

"Hypothermia takes hold when the human body's core temperature reaches 35 degrees Celsius. I estimate that, due to height and weight, coupled with insufficient attire, subject B, the one called Bulla, will be the first to succumb to exposure."

She closed her eyes tightly, trying to tune out the torturous taunts of the artificial intelligence. Her fists were clenched on her legs, her knuckles white for how tightly the were locked. "G-Goten... It's a little cold..." She admitted, trying not to give SNOW too much credit.

"I find myself wondering. Subjects A and B are only partially human. I think I will record the progression of hypothermia on previous unstudied subjects. Perhaps I will learn something new. Your deaths will be useful to the Red Ribbon Army."

It seemed each time SNOW spoke, she made things worse for the girl.

"Let's play a game while we wait. A game of dares. If you meet each dare, then I'll reward you. Do you agree?"

Having spent some time in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber as a child during the Majin Buu incident, Goten had developed a sort of tolerance for extreme conditions, which the Chamber often deployed, shifting from frigid temperatures to intense heat in the blink of an eye at times, but that didn't mean he was comfortable with the increasing chill in the air either, and so when Bulla spoke of the cold, he wrapped an arm around her shoulder to help her stay warm. "Stay close. I'll keep you warm."

He could see that SNOW's continued taunting was getting to her as well, so he tried to smile reassuringly for her. "It's going to be ok, Bulla. We're going to be fine." he said, doing his best to ignore the cold as well as SNOW itself. Much as he hated to admit it though, this was getting worse by the minute, and he was more worried about Bulla's condition than his own. Could he keep her warm long enough for them to be found, or think of a way to escape on their own?

It was then that SNOW proposed a game, and Goten looked up at the scanner as it spoke of rewards. "Say we do agree, what do we get if we pass your dares?" he replied, curious, despite himself.

There was a moment of silence, before finally SNOW piped up again. "With each successive dare, you will earn ways to prolong your survival in this chamber. Maybe you will even be able win a chance out. Who knows for sure though?" Whoever had built SNOW had definitely had a mean streak.

A screen across the room switched on, showing the two sitting on the couch. But it was in infrared. Goten's temperature wasn't too low just yet, but Bulla's was definitely lower. "On the screen you can see your body temperatures." SNOW indicated. "When the human body's core temperature reaches 70 degrees, death is all but imminent. Do you wish to continue? Subject B?"

Bulla looked very uneasy about things, but at the rate SNOW was decreasing the temperature, she knew she couldn't hold out the way Goten could. She leaned in close to him. "W-We should do it Goten... We need to make it out of here." She whispered, not wanting to give SNOW any info more than they needed to.

"SNOW, I'll play!"

"Excellent, Subject B. Here are the rules. I will issue a command. If you honor that command, I will grant you an item, an increase in temperature, or a stay on decreasing the temperature for a predetermined amount of time. At my discretion, of course. I will indicate the reward first, then you must indicate if you're going to take the dare. Then I will issue the dare. If you choose not to comply, I will drop the temperature more. Are you sure you wish to proceed?"

Bulla bit her lip. These were high stakes. Taking the dare before she knew what it was... But it was the only way she could see to survive. "F-Fine! I am in."

"Reward 1 is a temperature increase to 2 degrees, Celsius, up from -1.1 degrees Celsius. Do you accept?" Bulla nodded. "I do."

SNOW seemed to make a whirring sound for a moment. "Dare one, subject B. You are to cut your hair to just below the ear. My research indicates you're quite vain, as you display many images on social networks, bragging about your looks."

Bulla winced. She didn't like that. But this wasn't the same Bulla from a few weeks before. "Fine! Hair doesn't matter a bit if I'm frozen." She called. A table came up from the floor with scissors on it. She pulled the ponytail out of her hair, and put it tight and low, so then when she cut it off, her hair would be fairly even. She did it, and one could see it hit her in the pride, but she dropped the pony tail on the table and moved to sit back down. "I week ago, I would have been really upset..."

SNOW buzzed back to life. "Temperature increase to 2 degrees Celsius. Next decrease in 5 minutes. Subject A..." It addressed Goten. "Do you wish to play for a chance to extend the duration before the next decrease?"

SNOW explained that if they were able to complete the computer's dares, it would do something for them to help them survive within the chamber they'd been trapped in, or possibly something that would help them escape...although Goten doubted it would actually be that easy. It was clear that whoever had built this place and it's computer hadn't designed things to be easy. It wasn't as if they had much of a choice though, especially as the screen SNOW displayed for them showed that Bulla's temperature was falling faster than his own, so he didn't argue, and nodded his head when Bulla suggested they play along. "Well...it's not like things can get much worse..."

Bulla informed SNOW that they would go along with it's little game, and SNOW proceeded to explain it's rules. It was all simple enough, although he couldn't say he was wild about the consequences of not going along with it's dares. He could tell that Bulla was still nervous, but she wasn't backing down, and he rubbed her shoulder as she accepted the first dare.

It turned out to be something that was a bit below the belt for someone like Bulla, and Goten made a face at the thought that SNOW could actually access the world outside this facility through media. Just what were they dealing with here? Who else besides Bulma and her Father could have built a place this advanced? If only he could remember where he'd heard of the Red Ribbon Army before now!

Bulla agreed to the dare, and Goten watched with a bit of a cringe as she used a pair of scissors to cut her hair short, expecting her to freak out. Thankfully, Bulla continued to show her change in demeanor by doing her best to shrug it off, and he nodded his head. "It's not a bad look for you. I kinda like it." he commented, already able to feel things get a bit warmer as their reward.

SNOW turned his attention to him next, and Goten turned his head to the computer screen as it offered him a reward in exchange for a dare. 'As if I have much of a choice...go ahead. Dare."

There was a buzz over the intercom that SNOW used to communicate.

Bulla kept close to Goten doing her best to keep warm whilst being mindful not to make him colder. At times she would move away as she watched the screen, then back when things seemed to level out.

"Subject A. You are protective of Subject B. Your demeanor makes this evident. You will slap subject B's burned palm, from when she grabbed the door. You needn't use full power to do so, but you may not falsify your efforts."

Sure enough, in the moments before, Bulla had been holding her aching hand. She winced as he was issued his command, and held out her hand, the skin angry, peeling and red. It would hurt. She knew that. But dying here wasn't on her agenda. "It's fine, Goten. I won't even be mad. I'm sure I've gotten worse in training."

Goten blinked in surprise as SNOW issued it's next dare, and soon scowled angrily as it laid out exactly what it wanted him to do. "Hey! You didn't say we'd have to hurt each other for these dares!" he exclaimed, rising from the couch and raising his fist to the intercom. It could have been a worse challenge, but still, he wasn't thrilled at the prospect of hurting Bulla in that kind of way.

Turning back to the girl as he noticed her moving in his peripheral vision, Goten quickly wished he hadn't, and looked down at her burned hand as she held it out for him. "I...don't know. I don't think I can do this. I don't want to hurt you." he said with a shake of his head. It was true, he might have attacked her with more force during their training over the past week...but that was for training. Goten simply wasn't the kind of person who could so easily inflict harm on anyone for the sake of violence.

Bulma looked up at him. "Goten, you're kind, and I really adore that about you, but... If you don't we'll lose the increase I just got us...." She pointed out. "I can handle it, I promise. You're not gonna hurt me. You're going to help us." She pointed out. "Please? If it makes you feel any better you can make it up to me somehow, if we make it out of here..." She was trying so hard. "See? It doesn't even hurt anymore." She said, clenching the hand tightly. She tried to hide the wince, she really did. "See. Just fine."

Goten frowned as Bulla tried to convince him to go along with SNOW's dare, reminded him of what was at stake if he didn't play it's game, and he sighed as the girl tried to put on a tough front about her burn injury. "...alright, alright. I'll...I'll do it." he finally conceded, waiting for her to hold out her hand again as he raised his own. SNOW said he didn't have to hit her as hard as he could, but that he couldn't necessarily hold back either...so he was going to have to find some kind of middle ground.

Quickly bringing his hand down, he smacked Bulla's palm just hard enough for an audible clap to be heard, wincing at the sound, then quickly looked to the intercom to avoid seeing any expression of pain on Bulla's face. "There. Is that good enough for you?"

"Acceptable." The decided. "Next temperature decrease scheduled for 10 minutes instead of five."

Bulla bit her lip a bit, but hadn't made a noise when struck. She didn't want Goten to feel bad.

"Maybe subject B would like some ice for her hand." The AI said, a bit twisted. Bulma threw up a finger most unbecoming of a young lady. "Know what that means, SNOW? I hope you do!" She called out.

"Subject B is very rude. As penalty, the next dare will not come for 30 minutes, whereas decreases will come ten minutes apart. It would be in the best interests of Subject B to be more polite."

Before Bulla could argue that, the AI went silent, no buzz coming from the clause. "I... I'm sorry, Goten... I messed up..." She said, sitting on the couch. She covered her face with her hands, hating that her temper had gotten the better of her.

Goten sighed in relief as SNOW decreed he'd satisfied the dare, and that they wouldn't have to worry about the temperature going down for another ten minutes now instead of five. SNOW wasn't letting up on it's teases and taunts though, and he scratched the side of his head as Bulla reacted in a manner most vulgar...although it was probably to be expected, given her temper. "Bulla...that's...not very ladylike..."

SNOW didn't seem to approve either, and decided to punish the two of them by making them wait 30 minutes for the next dare...meaning that they'd have to endure three more drops in temperature in the meantime. "Well...that's...cold." he commented glibly as the intercom went quiet on them.

Sitting down beside Bulla on the couch as she apologized, Goten grinned, despite the situation, and threw his arm around her slender shoulders as she hid her face in her hands. "It's alright, Bulla. You didn't back down when the computer teased you, and that's good. Just...maybe try not to get us into too much trouble in the process, alright?" he said, pulling her a little closer for comfort and warmth.

She didn't decline him holding her closer. The cold was really uncomfortable. It was just above freezing, now, which was good, but it didn't mean it felt all that great. Resting her head on his shoulder, she felt a little safer. "Goten, we shouldn't be like this too long. My ability to hold my body heat isn't quite up to snuff, and I don't want you to get cold faster because of me." She said, glancing up at him. She definitely appreciated his calm. "I-I'm really scared." She admitted, looking down, so he couldn't see her face. "How do you and my brother and dad face up to crazy things like this all the time? I'm too cowardly."

"Don't worry about it. I'm fine." Goten replied as Bulla tried to argue against staying too close together, in case he grew colder faster because of her own dropping temperature. "To be honest, I've been in way worse conditions than this, so it'll be awhile before the cold starts to get to me, and if we stay close like this, I'll keep you warm." he continued, smiling a bit as she rested her head on his shoulder. Soon she admitted how afraid she was, and he tilted his head to look down at her as she asked him an interesting question.

"Well...I guess...we just adapted. I mean, if we hadn't, we probably wouldn't be here today." he answered, thinking back to how both he and Trunks had been almost literally thrown into the fire when Majin Buu had been unsealed, and they'd had to step up to do their part in defending the planet...although in the end, they'd had to be bailed out by Gohan, Vegeta, and Goku when their own efforts had fallen short.

"I'll let you in on a secret. Trunks and I were afraid too, back when we first started out, but we also knew what was at risk if we didn't at least try. Being scared is ok, as long as you don't let it hold you back when the people you care about are in danger." he said with a self-affirming nod. "And you? You'll get there. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for, Bulla."

Bulla listened to his words, and they eased some of her stress, though the fear still ate at her. "You'll probably make it out one way or another. Hopefully me too. But... Ya know... Just in case. Tell my big brother thank you for me. And my dad. They got me this far so that I didn't have to learn to fight like you all did. I'm planning on hopefully making it out of here. But..." She kind of let that thought drop. It wasn't a pleasant one. "And thank you for showing me how be a little tougher!" Now that was the more positive Bulla." She gave him a tired smile.

"Subject B's temperature has decreased to to 36 degrees Celsius." Came the mechanical voice of SNOW. "Hypothermia in humans sets in at 35 degrees Celsius. Perhaps you'd like to humble yourself, Subject B? Or perhaps I can give you a challenge."

Bulla's head jerked up. "If you can inflict Subject A with a ki blast, whilst maintaining the control to prevent it from being critically damaging, I will gift you with an early end to the punishment, and a blanket." Bulla's eyes went wide. She couldn't do it. Even if she could muster the willingness to attack him, her control with Ki blasts was still spotty on a good day. "I-I... I don't need either of those things. The trade isn't worth it." She declared.

"Hey, don't talk like that." Goten replied with an immediate shake of his head as Bulla began to show some doubt. "We're both gonna make it out of here, so you can tell Trunks and Vegeta that yourself." He grinned as she thanked him for teaching her how to be stronger too, and rubbed her shoulder comfortingly. "Just think; soon you'll be able to show everyone how much tougher you've gotten too."

SNOW soon chimed in once again though, worrying Goten further as to Bulla's physical condition as her temperature continued to drop. The computer was willing to offer them another reprieve though, and he looked up as it explained what Bulla would need to do to give them a break. As Goten had before though, Bulla was initially unwilling to go through with the dare, prompting him to shake his head again.

"I appreciate it, Bulla, but you've gotta do this. You're freezing, and I'm not sure if I can keep you warm enough like this for much longer." he said, turning on the couch to face her properly. "I can handle it. Keeping you safe is what really matters right now. So just...remember what I've taught you, and let me have it. You can do this. I know you can."

Stinging tears slipped down her cheeks as she shook her head. "I... I can't do it..." She whispered. "I'm afraid."

SNOW piped in again. "As further incentive, the temperature will decrease by the moment from now, until you perform the prescribed task, starting now." The sound of the vents pumping air grew louder. "Temperature decrease: 1 degree celsius."

She clasped her hands over her ears, just trying to fend off the sound of SNOW's words.

Another moment. "Temperature decrease: 0 degrees Celsius."

"Stop it, please!" She pleaded. "We were just exploring, we didn't mean any harm.

Another minute ticked away. "Temperature decrease: Negative 1 degree Celsius."

Bulla's body trembled as the temperature dipped back below freezing. "F-Fine..." She whispered, sound broken. She held her palm out, but the energy just wasn't collecting.

"Temperature decrease: negative 2 degrees Celsius." She was really fighting through the fear, the cold, and her complete desperate want not to, but her ki kept sputtering and dying.

"Temperature decrease: negative 3 degrees Celsius."

Each time, though, the orb would get a bit bigger before petering out.

"It seems this amount of decrease is not persuasive enough. Temperature decrease: Negative 5 degrees Celsius." Now SNOW was going to double the rate of decrease, it seemed.

Bulla struggled harder, trying to remind herself that this was the only way she had to give them a better fighting chance.

"Temperature decrease: negative 7 degrees Celsius. Subject B would be wise to direct her vision to the screen. Ignoring your own temperature drop, Subject A's core temperature is beginning to decline as well."

Bulla's eyes widened and her whole body tensed as she tried to rip the ki from her very depths to do this.

"Temperature decrease: negative 10 degrees Celsius."

"I'm trying, please stop!" Bulla pleaded. No matter how she fought, it just doesn't work.

"You don't seem to care about Subject A enough. Perhaps you care more for yourself." A targeted sprinkler set a jet of water upon her. "You don't have much time now. Any further delay will result in the same penalty for Subject A."

Something about that made everything just entirely to real. "Leave..." Her teeth chattered. "Leave him alone! I'm the one who brought us here!" She managed as a sphere the size of a softball formed in her hands. It took so much energy, but for the first time, she was able to control it so it didn't get bigger, and out of control. "I'm sorry!" She cried as she let it go in his direction.

Taking advantage of Bulla's continued hesitation, SNOW began to drop the temperature that much faster, and soon enough even Goten was beginning to feel it. Bulla was pleading with the computer to stop even as she tried and failed to form an energy attack, but her words fell on deaf and uncaring ears, as SNOW made the situation even worse by spraying the girl with some water. "H-Hey! You didn't need to do that!" he called to the computer, frowning as SNOW threatened to do the same to him.

Bulla finally seemed to be pushed over the edge though, and Goten blinked in surprise as she created a ball of energy and hurled it at him. Bracing himself as best he could in the limited time he had, he grunted as the ki struck him in the chest, shrugging off the detonation as much as he could. It actually stung a bit, but he'd been hit by much, much worse in the past, so he quickly smiled to the girl to show he wasn't badly hurt and nodded his head.

"There, you see? I knew you could do it." he said as he brushed off his broad chest before looking to the intercom. "Alright, SNOW, Bulla did it. Help us out."

"The blanket in question..." SNOW started, and then paused. "Is beneath the couch cushions, in a storage department." Bulla's eyes widened and filled with tears as she immediately realized what the AI had done. "I just wanted to see if she would comply. The blanket was accessible from the beginning, had either of you bothered to investigate. However, this is good testing data to see what the psyche of an untrained half-saiyan is like in high pressure situations."

Bulla clasped her hands over her ears as her legs gave way under her, bringing her to her knees. "Shut up! Shut up and stop this already! You damned bucket of bolts, let us go!" It seemed realizing her actions had been without need had hurt her every bit as much as the water that clung to her form and made her colder.

One the screen a data chart pulled up. "Given the environment, the vitals, and the core temperature of the subjects in question, Subject A remains neutral, but only barely. Subject B has entered the first stages of hypothermia..." There was a buzzing as if calculations were being entered. "The likelihood of survival beyond the next hour, at these conditions: Subject A, 45%. Subject B, 5%"

Bulla tried not to hear that, but she couldn't help but whimper. Something about hearing about her very likely death inside of an hour was working against her already shaken disposition.

"Subject A: given your rational behaviour, and lack of insulting manners, coupled with your more significant abilities has led me to this offer. If you choose to exterminate Subject B, you may exit the facility on completion of the task. Should you decline, the game is over, and both subjects will perish here eventually. The decision is yours. I'll be watching." It seemed the AI was intent on pushing both of them to their limits.

With that, the com clicked off. Leaving little bit sniffles and cries Bulla tried to stop. Everything in her body was beginning to hurt.

Goten frowned as SNOW added insult to injury by revealing that the blanket they'd wanted had been beneath the couch cushions the whole time, and that the whole thing had been just one sick game on the computer's part. Crouching down beside Bulla as she collapsed to her knees, Goten put his arm around her shoulders again to do his best to comfort her as she began to panic again.

The computer showed another chart of data for how well they were handling the decreasing temperature, and cursed as it informed them that this was only getting worse and worse. Bulla wasn't going to last the hour, at the rate things were going, and if Goten didn't find some way to warm them up, he might not either.

SNOW chimed in again at this point though, and finally, Goten felt himself reaching his breaking point at it's twisted offer. "No! I'd never do that! Bulla and I are getting out of here together, or not at all!" he exclaimed, protectively holding the girl to him as she sniffled and cried.

This didn't leave them with many options though, and Goten really wasn't sure of what to do. He didn't want Bulla to know that though, so he did his best to stay calm. "Alright...Bulla, here's what we're gonna do." he said, keeping his voice steady as he turned back to the couch and found the blanket SNOW had told them about. "I know the others are going to find us, but until they do, we have to do...everything...we can to stay warm." he said, beckoning her back to the couch.

"The thing is though...the blanket's not going to be enough anymore...we're going to have to get...drastic." he said, feeling his cheeks begin to heat up a bit despite the cold. "You're pretty smart, so I'm sure you know the best way to transfer and retain body heat is through...direct skin contact, so...we're going to have to strip and get as close as we can inside the blanket." he continued, already beginning to slip his shirt up and over his head to illustrate his point, revealing his muscular frame.

Bulla looked kind of in a daze as he indicated how they were going to proceed. Pulling herself to her feet, she took wavering steps. Her extremities were starting to go numb, which was a bad sign in a big way. But she listened to his words. Goten was strong. He was smart. If he said they'd make it, the she'd try and believe. She wouldn't have blamed him for eliminating her so he could escape, and yet, here he was trying to make sure they both had every chance.

She pulled the blanket from it's hiding space. Glancing at him, she saw that he'd led the charge in getting undressed. How off this was, to have to do such a thing. But she really didn't want to die. Bulla fumbled with buttons as her fine motor skills continued to decrease and her fingers went numb. But soon enough she was able to discard the once wet, now frozen clothes and the fell in a pile on the floor with a heavy thump.

It was like she was watching this from the outside, looking in. It was so surreal that their life expectancies were measuring in hours and minutes, not years right now. She did her best to cover her form but that was sort of a moot effort considering how close they were going to be. Her whole body shivered as she curled into blankets, taking the innermost part of the couch. "If we make it through this, I'm never adventuring again..." She said, waiting for him to take his place. She was trying if nothing else, to kill the tension. But the fear was still written on her face. "I'll never understand why you didn't take the out... But Goten, thank you for staying with me..."

Goten did his best not to let his eyes linger on Bulla's form as she managed to remove her clothes, knowing that it wouldn't be proper, especially considering their situation, and continued removing his own clothes. Once he had, he joined Bulla on the couch as she snuggled into the blanket, and cozied up as close to her as he possibly could. Wrapping his arms around her as she shivered against him, Goten chuckled softly as she decided to never adventure again, and rubbed her bare back in a soothing manner. "Yeah...I would have picked something less dangerous for your first real excursion." he joked.

Looking into her eyes as she continued speak, he shook his head. "Bulla, I'd never leave you down here to die, and I'd certainly never do something to really hurt you. You're my friend. We're going to make it through this; together." he said reassuringly, snuggling closer to her surprisingly soft, steadily warming form. It actually felt pretty nice, and he could feel himself starting to warm up. "You starting to warm up? If you need to, you should hold onto me. It'll help you heat up faster."

Bulla's cheeks were flushed as he promised he wouldn't leave her behind. Then mentioned she should hold onto him to work. She nodded. "I-I'm getting there." She managed, still sounding a little bit less shaky as she pressed herself body close to his. He was so warm, and she was starting to get feeling back in her limbs. His calm attitude made things muck easier to deal with. She subconsciously nestled, her head resting in the crook of his shoulder. "I just... I really want to make it... I do. But I want to walk out those doors with you... You just followed along, and look where I got us." She took a few calming breaths. Peering over his shoulder she looked at the monitor. They were leveling out a little, and that was a good thing. Was it enough to pull her out of the temperature zone where hypothermia was a looming threat? She sure hoped so.

"I cry a lot. Get mad. Lose my temper. Got us in worse trouble because of all of it. And yet you still didn't even thinking about getting rid of me. Goten, I'm really lucky you're with me." She managed a sweet little smile as her arms slipped around his side, her fingers coming to rest softly between his shoulder blades. "I've gotta say. It's been an awful day... Between having to lop my hair off, getting us into all this mess... But, at least if we can't make it out, I'm here with you." She whispered. She looked so sleepy, but she felt like falling asleep in this cold was the worst thing she could do.

"I want to do so much more..." She muttered softly. "Please tell me we'll get out. Even if you're not so sure... I'll believe you."

Goten smiled as he felt Bulla wrapping her arms around him, continuing to rub her back reassuringly as she spoke. "As long as we're together Bulla, we'll figure this out, somehow." he replied as the girl considered the fact that at least they had each other in this terrible situation. "We're going to get out of here. I won't let this be the end." he said as she asked for him to reaffirm that they were going to survive...even if he wasn't sure. What were they going to do?

Well, the most important thing at the moment was making sure Bulla continued to warm up, so he continued working his hands up and down her slender body, in the hopes of generating some heat. "Bulla, you've got to stay awake. Falling asleep now is the last thing you want to do." he said, noting how tired the girl was looking at the moment. "Try to keep yourself moving, even if it's just...rubbing my back."

Things were starting to heat up within the blanket the longer their bare bodies remained pressed together, and the longer they remained this way...the more aware Goten was becoming of how...soft and snuggly Bulla's body was against his own. He could even feel the sensation of her breasts pressed against his muscular chest, and even though he knew he shouldn't...it was having an effect on him. He was a man, after all. Try as he might, there was really no controlling it, and soon enough...they would both be able to feel something long and hard between Goten's legs pressing against Bulla's thigh.

"U-Um-! S-Sorry..."

Tired, slightly out of it Bulla got a bit giggly, content with his assurances and the comfort his hands running over her body brought. "Not even mad... I'm still a cute girl, you know." She joked lightly. "I'd be a little offended if you did react somehow." She joked. She was trying to focus on the concrete aspects of their situation, because she could feel herself growing more and more weary. Sure, she was warming up, but her body was tired and sluggish from the chill that had so thoroughly seeped into her bones. She needed to keep herself grounded in reality so she didn't drift away. Her fingers lightly traced along his back, trying to focus on the act of moving some.

"We'll be okay. I still have things to do, ya know? All the things I told you about. And then someday, when I have had the adventures I want to, I'll come home, and fall in love. And then maybe whoever I find will go on more adventures with me." She said with a slight laugh. "You're so warm, and I feel safe..." She was definitely acting differently.

Focus, Bulla.

She kept commanding herself to focus on what was real. "Goten, it's really hard..." They she realized how that might have come across, so at least she was coherent enough to catch that. "I mean... Staying awake. It's really hard. Help me focus on something else. I should have shut up when I was mad, and maybe SNOW wouldn't have sprayed me down... It was like the worst sort of wet t-shirt contest." She tried to joke.

Her fingers kept tracing those shapes, mapping out the lines, trying genuinely to focus on him. If he could be okay, then so could she.

Blushing even as Bulla tried to play it off as if it were some sort of compliment, Goten felt a shiver up and down his spine - not from the cold, but from the sensation of Bulla's soft fingers lightly running along his back - and did his best to concentrate on what she was saying, rather than the feeling of her feminine form pressing against him. It wasn't easy though; in fact, it was growing harder and harder by the minute, prompting Goten to blink in surprise when the girl said something that could be taken in a specific way, only to quickly back up and explain herself.

"O-Oh...um..." Trying to think of something - anything - to say to help Bulla focus on staying awake, Goten looked down into her brilliant eyes for a moment, and tilted his head. "You...uh...want to fall in love, huh? What kind of guy do you think he'll be?" he asked, feeling his back tingling from the way she continued to trace shapes along his skin with those soft fingertips of hers.

Trying to shift his body a little within the blanket in the hopes of moving his erection away from Bulla, he only succeeded in rubbing it against her inner thigh, and went beet red in the face as he realized it was only getting closer to her own midsection.

"Someone strong. Smart. But reasonable. Not arrogant. He knows he's able, but he always keeps it in check. He works hard. A proud man, yes. But a good man." She let out a little sigh that brushed her warm breath against his collar. She could feel him pressing against her body, and the less analytical part of her mind was pleased that she had this effect. For whatever reason, the lingering thought that they might not leave here, and the heat of their bodies pressed so close, combined with talk of love had her head swimming a little. She grinned coyly. "And someone passionate. Someone who wants me ever bit as much as I want them. Who'd want me even if I didn't have a penny to my name. A man that sends lightning up my spine." She leaned in. "I want to lose myself with someone else." She. "And each night... Well... Let's just say I wanna be the girl that shows them what heaven feels like."

Her body shifted some as her hip got sore. The shift caused his 'problem' to brush against her in a different sort of way that made her let out sort of a soft sound of longing before she could stop herself.

"G-Goten..." She managed softly. "I-I think I'm warming up some..." For an entirely different reason than they'd intended.

Back
Top Bottom